Today we're excited to announce the release of new versions of aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass that allow for an untethered jailbreak of Apple TV 5.3 (ATV2 only). Big thanks goes out to @iH8sn0w, @winocm, and @SquiffyPwn for their help with the new version of Seas0nPass. Additionally, there has been some encouraging progress made on Apple TV 6.0+ thanks to our friends @evad3rs and @nitoTV, and we hope to have more news available soon.
Here's more details on what's new and how to update...
What's new in 2.4?
- Added support for untethered Apple TV 5.3
- Improved reliability of installation process
- Improved diagnostic reporting
- Other various fixes and improvements
How do I update?
Option 1 - if you're already running 5.3
- On the ATV2, navigate to Maintenance > Manage Extras
- Install the Maintenance (2.4) update and the Click to Untether (1.2) items - restart the Apple TV when prompted.
Option 2 - to update or reinstall 5.3
- (Optional) Navigate to Maintenance > Settings > Manage Backups and create a new backup. Double-check to ensure the backup is listed in the Restore From Backups menu.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open and run Seas0nPass normally, to update the Apple TV to 5.3 untethered.
- Download and run the new 2.4 version of aTV Flash (black) to reinstall.
If you're new to aTV Flash (black) you can learn more about everything it offers here.