Today we're happy to release a brand new version of aTV Flash (black) which includes a revamped player that is optimized for iOS 5.0 and later. This new player improves performance for virtually all file type resulting in noticeably smoother playback. We've also baked in a number of other goodies including NFS streaming, subtitle timing settings, additional translations and a mountain of other improvements and fixes.
What about the ATV3 and the untethered version for ATV2?
Work is still underway on both fronts, and we've had some encouraging reports come in over the past few days. However, it's still too early to give any kind of ETA but we hope to have more news soon. For the latest updates be sure to follow us on Twitter.
Easy access to subtitle options through the Playback Menu
- Revamped player with improved performance (Apple TV 4.4 and later)
- Added NFS streaming
- Added Catalan, Czech, Korean and Traditional Chinese translations
- Added support for localized TV show pattern: TV Show/Season #/S##E##.extension
- Added manual subtitle time correction (-10.0s to +10.0s)
- Added support for embedded .FLAC cover art
- Added support for .AC3, .DTS and .MOD files
- Improved .EYETV file handling
- Improved audio synchronization in slow and unstable networks
- Improved slideshow operation with small images
- Improved movie folders detection logic to ignore hidden files
- Improved metadata fetching to support movies split into multiple files (dvd#, cd#, disk#)
- Improved zoom mode operation for non-square pixels
- Improved DVD menu handling
- Improved .OGG file handling (now correctly treated as audio)
- Improved error handling for connection issues
- Improved buffering logic
- Improved installation routine
- Other minor UI improvements
- Resolved format detection that was causing rare playback issues
- Resolved issue with volume level resetting during rw/fw
- Resolved floating crashes usually observed when using SMB with Windows 7 shares
- Resolved conflicts with XBMC related to SMB
- Resolved issues with metadata fetching for 'Show.Name.###.extension' pattern
- Resolved crashes observed in folders with significant number of files
- Resolved playback error on DVD and ISO files observed when file path contains '?' character
- Resolved crashes when working with long file paths
- Resolved rare issue with incorrect pre-playback screen layout
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
Fantastic! Where can I get it?
If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.5 version can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu. Links for the new version can also be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If haven't yet tried aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all the great benefits here.