10 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 6, 2013 - 3:40pm
scottjl's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16

Can someone tell me which is the latest version for the Apple TV 2 that has an untethered jailbreak? I'd like to upgrade, but not if I need to tether. I tried to find this informaion searching the forums but can't seem to. Firecore: Might want to post it in a very obvious spot (home page!) which are the latest versions you support, tethered and untethered.

Thanks!

  July 6, 2013 - 3:48pm
Sufferinsuccotash's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 206

  July 6, 2013 - 3:50pm
itimpi's picture
Moderator
Online
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1677
scottjl wrote:

Can someone tell me which is the latest version for the Apple TV 2 that has an untethered jailbreak? I'd like to upgrade, but not if I need to tether. I tried to find this informaion searching the forums but can't seem to. Firecore: Might want to post it in a very obvious spot (home page!) which are the latest versions you support, tethered and untethered.

Thanks!

The different versions of firmware that are supported by SeasonPass are listed in the following 'sticky' forum thread: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3418

Note however that you can only update to releases that are not still being signed by Apple (currently everything but 5.3) if you already have the shsh blobs (digital signatures) for the target release on your device.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

ATV2 = 720p compatible model: Latest jailbreaks supported by SeasonPass are UNTETHERED: 5.3
ATV3 = 1080p compatible model (NO JAILBREAK CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)


  July 6, 2013 - 4:12pm
scottjl's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16

Thanks. Couldn't find this. Really needs to be more obvious.


  July 6, 2013 - 4:38pm
Sufferinsuccotash's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 206
scottjl wrote:

Thanks. Couldn't find this. Really needs to be more obvious.

130,697 viewers were able to find it Wink


  July 6, 2013 - 5:04pm
scottjl's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16

Try searching for "untethered version" and see how many hits you get. Now try finding just what you want. Needle. Haystack. Thanks for being an asshat with your reply by the way, way to foster the community.


  July 6, 2013 - 5:24pm
Carpenter940's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
scottjl wrote:

Try searching for "untethered version" and see how many hits you get. Now try finding just what you want. Needle. Haystack. Thanks for being an asshat with your reply by the way, way to foster the community.

 

C'mon, he gave you a winky-face, how could you be mad?


  July 6, 2013 - 5:40pm
scottjl's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16

who said i was mad?


  July 6, 2013 - 5:57pm
Carpenter940's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
scottjl wrote:

who said i was mad?

Well, me for one.

p.s. the count is up another 47 people who has found that link in just over an hour. Wink


  July 6, 2013 - 6:27pm
scottjl's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16

didn't your mom tell you not to go putting words in other people's mouth?

 

sad, firecore support offers actual help, small people else simply jumps on with hate.


Log in or register to post comments