3 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 5, 2011 - 9:56am
blueloon's picture

How to install new Apple updates to jailbroken AppleTV 2?  I just jailbroke mine and the autoupdate feature informed of a new update (4.4.2).  I hit install and all seemed well, except now the apple symbol is showing on my TV and the AppleTV 2 is flashing its white light.

It seems stuck during the reboot.

What to do?

November 5, 2011 - 11:23am
itimpi's picture
blueloon wrote:

How to install new Apple updates to jailbroken AppleTV 2?  I just jailbroke mine and the autoupdate feature informed of a new update (4.4.2).  I hit install and all seemed well, except now the apple symbol is showing on my TV and the AppleTV 2 is flashing its white light. It seems stuck during the reboot. What to do?

You cannot successfully apply new Apple updates to a jailbroken ATV2.  If you have tried this then your system is almost certainly no longer in a working state and your only option is to restore the ATV2 via iTunes to get it working again.   You can either restore it to a non-jailbroken state with the 4.4.2 software, or back to a 'clean' jailbroken state (without any changes you made after your last jailbreak).  

Note that at the moment the only jSeasonPass ailbreak for the 4.4.x series of Apple software is a tethered one (meaning it needs to be connected to your PC/Mac anytime you lose power and need to reboot).  If you want an untethered jailbreak then this is currently only available for the 4.3  Apple software.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

ATV2 = 720p compatible model: Latest jailbreaks supported by SeasonPass are UNTETHERED: 5.3
ATV3 = 1080p compatible model (NO JAILBREAK CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)

November 5, 2011 - 12:27pm
blueloon's picture

Thanks. That was really helpful. I was thinking I'd have to do that.