19 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  June 5, 2012 - 6:49pm
dkpham's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 30

Already jailbreak ATV2 4.4.4 just wonder after we connect with SSH where is the folder for all system apps like NETFLIX,MUSIC,YOUTUBE etc....(remember im asking the original apps on the main home screen not the one in XBMC folder.

PS. I just try to do this way,on the first ATV2 i login netflix and try to watching one movie just fine,after that i connect with WINSCP and copy folder frontrow to desktop,after thats i copy that folder to another ATV2 but when i turn on Netflix its can not remember the login information on the 1st ATV2. is it i missing something?do i have to set the permission number for frontrow folder?

thanks alot

  December 28, 2012 - 10:36am
JREED's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 161
dkpham wrote:

Already jailbreak ATV2 4.4.4 just wonder after we connect with SSH where is the folder for all system apps like NETFLIX,MUSIC,YOUTUBE etc....(remember im asking the original apps on the main home screen not the one in XBMC folder.

PS. I just try to do this way,on the first ATV2 i login netflix and try to watching one movie just fine,after that i connect with WINSCP and copy folder frontrow to desktop,after thats i copy that folder to another ATV2 but when i turn on Netflix its can not remember the login information on the 1st ATV2. is it i missing something?do i have to set the permission number for frontrow folder?

thanks alot

I am having same issue and hope some pro can help us out.

 


  December 28, 2012 - 4:56pm
MightyJew's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 160

just re jailbreak it. would be easier and faster than trying to fix something that cannot be fixed. Besides, you will only make it worse poking around in the system folders.


  December 28, 2012 - 6:25pm (Reply to #3)
JREED's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 161
MightyJew wrote:

just re jailbreak it. would be easier and faster than trying to fix something that cannot be fixed. Besides, you will only make it worse poking around in the system folders.

Hey Mighty,

I don't want to re-jailbreak. I do want to learn and find out where abouts my NetFlix folder and how do I recover that folder and keep it safe place?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


  December 28, 2012 - 6:44pm
MightyJew's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 160

its an encrypted file anyways. even if you found it, you cant do anything with it.  


  December 28, 2012 - 9:20pm (Reply to #5)
JREED's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 161
MightyJew wrote:

its an encrypted file anyways. even if you found it, you cant do anything with it.  

I don't mind to copy to my second apple tv2 and get going my netflix.

 


  December 28, 2012 - 10:02pm
MightyJew's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 160

Clone your working apple tv to the broken one and run the Following Command when files are copied:

chown -R mobile:mobile /

 


  December 29, 2012 - 2:33pm (Reply to #7)
JREED's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 161
MightyJew wrote:

Clone your working apple tv to the broken one and run the Following Command when files are copied:

chown -R mobile:mobile /

 

Copy which files? the whole root directory?

 


  December 29, 2012 - 3:39pm
MightyJew's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 160

give it a shot. i still say a re jailbreak is much easier and faster.

 

you use this link as a guide to quickly clone you xbmc. total mod time is under 10 mins to fully re jailbreak.

 

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/09/17/how-to-clone-an-xbmc-installation...


  December 29, 2012 - 4:36pm (Reply to #9)
JREED's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 161
MightyJew wrote:

give it a shot. i still say a re jailbreak is much easier and faster.

 

you use this link as a guide to quickly clone you xbmc. total mod time is under 10 mins to fully re jailbreak.

 

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/09/17/how-to-clone-an-xbmc-installation...

Thank a lot Mighty,

I want to copy my NetFlix Folder or files from my first ATV2 to second ATV2.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays buddy !!! 


  December 29, 2012 - 5:54pm
MightyJew's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 160

By the time you have finished reading this post you could have re jailbroken your apple tv and saved yourself hours of wasted time. There is no answer to your question.


Log in or register to post comments