84 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 4, 2015 - 1:53am
walterv.0708's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0
  BobW wrote:

If i backed up my firmware with "maintenance" tool on the ATV2, will i be able to restore to a previous version if i update it now?

You'll be just fine. Apple still signs 5.3 (iOS 6.1.4 - 10B809) for some reason meaning you can always revert back.

  October 4, 2015 - 9:16am
BobW's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Kudos: 0
  walterv.0708 wrote:
  BobW wrote:

If i backed up my firmware with "maintenance" tool on the ATV2, will i be able to restore to a previous version if i update it now?

You'll be just fine. Apple still signs 5.3 (iOS 6.1.4 - 10B809) for some reason meaning you can always revert back.

Once they stop signing it, if I am on latest version, can I still downgrade if I have my 5.2 and previous blobs saved?

  October 4, 2015 - 12:54pm
walterv.0708's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0
  BobW wrote:
  walterv.0708 wrote:
  BobW wrote:

If i backed up my firmware with "maintenance" tool on the ATV2, will i be able to restore to a previous version if i update it now?

You'll be just fine. Apple still signs 5.3 (iOS 6.1.4 - 10B809) for some reason meaning you can always revert back.

Once they stop signing it, if I am on latest version, can I still downgrade if I have my 5.2 and previous blobs saved?

Well of Apple stops signing 5.3 you can downgrade to any version you still have the blobs from (just save the 5.3 too if you want to be sure). But Apple has been signed 5.3 for more than 3 years. So I can't see why they suddenly would stop singing 5.3. But it's a risk and you should save blobs if you really want to be save.

  October 4, 2015 - 1:20pm
BobW's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Kudos: 0
  walterv.0708 wrote:
  BobW wrote:
  walterv.0708 wrote:
  BobW wrote:

If i backed up my firmware with "maintenance" tool on the ATV2, will i be able to restore to a previous version if i update it now?

You'll be just fine. Apple still signs 5.3 (iOS 6.1.4 - 10B809) for some reason meaning you can always revert back.

Once they stop signing it, if I am on latest version, can I still downgrade if I have my 5.2 and previous blobs saved?

Well of Apple stops signing 5.3 you can downgrade to any version you still have the blobs from (just save the 5.3 too if you want to be sure). But Apple has been signed 5.3 for more than 3 years. So I can't see why they suddenly would stop singing 5.3. But it's a risk and you should save blobs if you really want to be save.

Perfect, thanks so much!

  October 10, 2015 - 1:01pm
arn1999's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Kudos: 0

No, DirtyDuke, sorry.

But I think than if I update my Apple TV 2 to the last version, we will be able to do downgrade and instal 5.3 with jailbreak using SeassonPass, isn't it?

Pero yo creo que si actualizo mi Apple TV 2 a la última versión, yo podré hacer downgrade e instalar 5.3 con jailbreak usando SeassonPass en el futuro, verdad?

  October 22, 2015 - 5:13pm
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,667
Kudos: 1,129

A beta for 6.2.1 is now available, for the brave at heart.

http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13474

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  October 22, 2015 - 6:04pm
arcadelt's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 81
Kudos: 1
  james wrote:

A beta for 6.2.1 is now available, for the brave at heart.

http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13474

I have a spare ATV 2, so I'll give it a go - give me a day or two and I'll report back. Moreover, I'll be moving to the new ATV 4 as soon as it is available, so if I break it, it won't matter too much.

  October 22, 2015 - 6:05pm
arcadelt's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 81
Kudos: 1

Oops, should have put that in the reply, not the quoted section.

I have a spare ATV 2, so I'll give it a go - give me a day or two and I'll report back. Moreover, I'll be moving to the new ATV 4 as soon as it is available, so if I break it, it won't matter too much.

  October 22, 2015 - 11:19pm
DirtyDuke's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 30
Kudos: 0

Great work as usual James! Will give it a go this weekend!

  October 23, 2015 - 5:37am
walterv.0708's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

A beta for 6.2.1 is now available, for the brave at heart.

http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13474

Great news!

  October 30, 2015 - 1:52am
arcadelt's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 81
Kudos: 1
  arcadelt wrote:

I have a spare ATV 2, so I'll give it a go - give me a day or two and I'll report back. Moreover, I'll be moving to the new ATV 4 as soon as it is available, so if I break it, it won't matter too much.

I'm sorry, but given the tethered nature of the beta I have decided not to implement it yet, so I will not be providing an update. Besides, my new ATV 4 arrived today.

  November 1, 2015 - 8:30am
sico_pata's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 21
Kudos: 1

Interested on that, I guessing if it's worth wait until seas0npass get untether jailbreak to appletv or just make a tether jailbreak

Actually I think I reboot appletv two times in the last two years but it's true that my daughter and my wife will not be capable of doing in case I'm not at home.
How tether jail works? (iPhone tether was a pain cause you got a stone until you get home) Do you think is it worth with tether jail?
Is there a chance to get untether jail in the near-medium future?

AirPlay it's a big loss in my case but Infuse black flash is a major reason for me

  November 9, 2015 - 10:12am
Raven2005's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Kudos: 0

James and Windows pc running jailbreaks Apple TV?? For enable AirPlay iOS 9

  November 12, 2015 - 3:00am
dmitrit.2291's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Kudos: 0
  sico_pata wrote:

Actually I think I reboot appletv two times in the last two years

You lucky guy, my Kodi crashes multiple times per day causing ATV2 to reboot.
I just got ATV4 and put a Plex to test. As far I can tell it's a piece of junk. No much difference from ATV2 exept it cost 180€. Plex on ATV4 struggles to play anything. Tried to airplay stuff from ipad air to it and it was better.
The strange thing that Infuse struggles to airplay some HD video go ATV4 causing error to display. But it was able to stream the same stuff to ATV2 but crushing it after 2-5 min of playing.
Apple made a big fanfare about ATV4, I don't think it worth it. I'm going to return it back to Apple.

  December 18, 2015 - 3:22am
RolfNL's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Kudos: 0

So, if i restore my ATV2 with the latest aOS 6.21 and then re-jailbreak with the new version 0.9.7 of SeaSonPass (https://github.com/firecore/Seas0nPass/release...) and re-install aTV Flash 2.6 this would get Airplay working again?
Or would that still require making a new 2.7 version of aTV Flash?

  December 23, 2015 - 2:53am
sally123's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

"Why not have a device that not only mirror your ios devices
but also integrated with various video conferencing apps .Am just making you all aware of new technology .And am
damn sure you'll get amaze after knowing its functions"

  December 26, 2015 - 9:49am
ighetti's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

I can try anything: Airplay is not working anymore.
In some cases I get the sound of a video to play over AppleTV, but still no video...
Any solution?

  December 26, 2015 - 2:43pm
arcadelt's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 81
Kudos: 1
  ighetti wrote:

Any solution?

Upgrade to an ATV 4

  December 26, 2015 - 3:11pm
dmitryk.5093's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Kudos: 0

Upgraded to ATV4. Installed Infuse 3. Solved all my needs (mainly playing content from NAS). No jailbreaks or whatever...

  February 5, 2016 - 3:47am
handyandy's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

I've upgraded to an ATV 4 and the infuse app was intermittent to start with and more reliable on the ATV 2 however it seems a lot more stable after recent updates and of course I can Airplay onto it too...however the lack of an audio out port is really annoying for my projector setup and I really want to get Airplay Mirroring back working on my ATV2 as thats the device I'm still using everyday (just sans Airplay Mirroring.)

Is there any word of an update on the cards to get this back on?

  April 25, 2016 - 6:56am
Alexss's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 13
Kudos: 0

So currently it is impossible to use AirPlay from ios 9 devices on jailbroken AppleTV 3?

  April 25, 2016 - 3:39pm
arcadelt's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 81
Kudos: 1
  Alexss wrote:

So currently it is impossible to use AirPlay from ios 9 devices on jailbroken AppleTV 3?

Have you found a way to jailbreak an AppleTV 3?

  July 3, 2016 - 5:45pm
thomasb95's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Similarly I can nougat airplay to function on my iPhone 6 ios9