12 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  April 30, 2013 - 12:18pm
james's picture
Staff
Online
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,802
Kudos: 1,153

One of the great things we're working on for an upcoming version is simple wifi file uploads. Here's an early peek at what we have in store.

http://fireco.re/Odz3

  April 30, 2013 - 1:11pm
bnick3's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 23
Kudos: 0

Or to be able to download the same files I watch with Firecore through my Apple TV, SMB!  Please, please please!!!!

Similar to eXPlayer Pro in the app store.

  April 30, 2013 - 1:48pm
rosenblut's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

While I think Wifi Upload is nice.

 

I would REALLY love to see support for SMB/FTP so I can connect Infuse to my NAS and download my stuff from there.

  April 30, 2013 - 3:09pm
james's picture
Staff
Online
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,802
Kudos: 1,153
  bnick3 wrote:

Or to be able to download the same files I watch with Firecore through my Apple TV, SMB!  Please, please please!!!!

Similar to eXPlayer Pro in the app store.

  rosenblut wrote:

While I think Wifi Upload is nice.

I would REALLY love to see support for SMB/FTP so I can connect Infuse to my NAS and download my stuff from there.

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll see what we can do!

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  May 1, 2013 - 12:30am
dgharwood's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Kudos: 1

That will be really useful. Just brought app to support firecore and look forward to great features that will be added over time.

  May 1, 2013 - 7:50am
yuriv.01736's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0

Hey Guys,

Pretty sure this will be a hit, your other products are great and I have high expectations for infuse.

One good feature to have would be the option to be able to play videos directly from a sdcard using the apple sdcard reader. This then would negate need to copy the (usually) large video files to the iPad.

Hope this can (technically) be done!

Cheers,

Yuri

  May 1, 2013 - 10:12am
dgharwood's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Kudos: 1

I use a PQI Air drive - it is superb.

  May 1, 2013 - 10:43am
grege.3557's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 38
Kudos: 0
  yuriv.01736 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Pretty sure this will be a hit, your other products are great and I have high expectations for infuse.

One good feature to have would be the option to be able to play videos directly from a sdcard using the apple sdcard reader. This then would negate need to copy the (usually) large video files to the iPad.

Hope this can (technically) be done!

Cheers,

Yuri

 

That, is a wonderful idea.  Many of us ipad users probably own the camera connection kit already.  There's a number of 3rd party video storage/app products out there, but one that is open to more formats and uses existing kit would be a winner IMO.

  May 1, 2013 - 11:04am
james's picture
Staff
Online
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,802
Kudos: 1,153
  yuriv.01736 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Pretty sure this will be a hit, your other products are great and I have high expectations for infuse.

One good feature to have would be the option to be able to play videos directly from a sdcard using the apple sdcard reader. This then would negate need to copy the (usually) large video files to the iPad.

Hope this can (technically) be done!

Cheers,

Yuri

I think this is a great idea. We'll see what we can do.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  May 2, 2013 - 3:52pm
LG's picture
LG
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 34
Kudos: 3

This is a great idea! Also being an atv flash (black) customer, you guys keep on impressing!

Wifi upload feature would be more convenient.
SMB or AFP streaming/downloading in the same library poster look would be amazing.

Keep up the good work!

  May 10, 2013 - 5:26am
jerryrun's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

Please don't waste your time on file uploading feature. There is a plethora of other apps that can do that. I will buy your app as soon as it supports SMB and AFS streaming (UPnP is dispensable).

  May 23, 2013 - 12:24am
guspaz's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 33
Kudos: 0

Errm, as somebody with no interest in streaming but who wants to load files onto my iPad for trips, the wifi upload feature definitely does have value.

That said, being able to download files over SMB would be useful, since I could grab files from my SMB fileserver right on the iPad before heading out the door.