180 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 21, 2013 - 6:14am
Lightning413's picture
Kudos: 0

Spoofing does work.

You need to edit the Info.plist file under /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app

Modify the 2 keys below from 5.2 or what ever your version is to 6.0

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>5.2</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>5.2</string>

October 21, 2013 - 8:00am
antieco's picture
  Lightning413 wrote:

Spoofing does work.

You need to edit the Info.plist file under /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app

Modify the 2 keys below from 5.2 or what ever your version is to 6.0

<string>5.2</string>

<string>5.2</string>

So have you got the new channels? Cause i havent.

October 21, 2013 - 8:17am
Lightning413's picture

Yes, I have all the channels, the only one that doesn't work is the new iTunes Radio.

I had originally spoofed my ATV2 that was still on 5.0.2 and got all the channels back but none of them would work.

I tried it on one of my other ATV's that was on 5.2 and voila, everything works perfectly, you don't even need to change the build number.

October 21, 2013 - 8:20am
antieco's picture
  Lightning413 wrote:

Yes, I have all the channels, the only one that doesn't work is the new iTunes Radio.

I had originally spoofed my ATV2 that was still on 5.0.2 and got all the channels back but none of them would work.

I tried it on one of my other ATV's that was on 5.2 and voila, everything works perfectly, you don't even need to change the build number.

Great news then!..

Dont know why isnt working for me on 5.2.1, ill change key to 6.

October 21, 2013 - 9:09am
Lightning413's picture

If you had changed your keys to 5.2.1 that could explain it, I thought most channels only popped up on 5.3 but I might be wrong

October 21, 2013 - 4:22pm
antieco's picture
  Lightning413 wrote:

If you had changed your keys to 5.2.1 that could explain it, I thought most channels only popped up on 5.3 but I might be wrong

Brillant, I got the channels... thanks.

It was definetively a version issue.

October 22, 2013 - 6:08am
ctawn's picture

Success here, too. I wonder why iTunes Radio doesn't work (and has a blank icon), but no big deal. Thanks!

October 22, 2013 - 6:33am
Lightning413's picture
  ctawn wrote:

Success here, too. I wonder why iTunes Radio doesn't work (and has a blank icon), but no big deal. Thanks!

iTunes Radio doesn't work because it's an actual app that get's installed with the 6.0 software while the others are "shortcuts" to the vendor's servers

October 22, 2013 - 7:25am
antieco's picture
  Lightning413 wrote:

iTunes Radio doesn't work because it's an actual app that get's installed with the 6.0 software while the others are "shortcuts" to the vendor's servers

Despite I think new radio its only avaiable in US, will it be possible to port ios6 radio app ?

October 22, 2013 - 1:00pm
andsoitgoes's picture

Heads up, this seems to break Netflix. I couldn't access it until I changed the version number back.

That said, the new channels seemed to work... So that's something. If you don't use netflix, this seems like a good solution for the new channels, but for me it isn't worth the trade off, I'll just continue using airplay.

October 22, 2013 - 1:23pm
Engberg's picture

This also worked for me Smile Now i have all the new channels Smile

I have a question... Is it possible to make the vevo app to apear on the danish itunes store 

on apple tv, from the info.plist file????

October 22, 2013 - 11:16pm
ctawn's picture
  andsoitgoes wrote:

Heads up, this seems to break Netflix. I couldn't access it until I changed the version number back.

That said, the new channels seemed to work... So that's something. If you don't use netflix, this seems like a good solution for the new channels, but for me it isn't worth the trade off, I'll just continue using airplay.

This post bummed me out because it wouldn't be worth the trade off for me either if Netflix didn't work.

But on my end, Netflix still seemed to work as normal.  What exactly happend?  

Maybe it was a temporary access issue; try changing it back to 6.0 again and see if it happens again.

October 23, 2013 - 5:26am
Lightning413's picture
  andsoitgoes wrote:

Not sure what's happening with your ATV but the Netflix on mine work fine.

What IOS version are you at?

October 23, 2013 - 12:26pm
andsoitgoes's picture

Tried it again, still no go, Netflix tries and gives me the exact same error.

For reference, I am running 5.2 which I believe is the last untethered version.

October 23, 2013 - 1:31pm
ctawn's picture
  andsoitgoes wrote:

Tried it again, still no go, Netflix tries and gives me the exact same error.

For reference, I am running 5.2 which I believe is the last untethered version.

Odd. You didn't say exactly what the error is, however.

Just note that at least 2 people (if not 3?) have confirmed here that we changed the info.plist as described and have the extra channels with Netflix still working.  

Is it possible you made other changes to the info.plist?  maybe start again from the original file (backed up, right?).  Reboot the ATV2 of course.

October 23, 2013 - 2:26pm
andsoitgoes's picture
  ctawn wrote:

Odd. You didn't say exactly what the error is, however.

Just note that at least 2 people (if not 3?) have confirmed here that we changed the info.plist as described and have the extra channels with Netflix still working.  

Is it possible you made other changes to the info.plist?  maybe start again from the original file (backed up, right?).  Reboot the ATV2 of course.

Sorry, I forget the exact error, but it was basically "Netflix can't be reached".

The only changes I made was the version number. I've tried multiple times, and I always get the same error. Doesn't matter what my dns settings are, I use a dns service to get us Netflix, but the error never changes.

So while there are people who have had success, I can confirm that even with the single change it doesn't work for me.

Of course it is a simple enough change that giving it a try wouldn't hurt anyone. It either does or doesn't work.

October 23, 2013 - 5:09pm
antieco's picture
  andsoitgoes wrote:

Sorry, I forget the exact error, but it was basically "Netflix can't be reached".

The only changes I made was the version number. I've tried multiple times, and I always get the same error. Doesn't matter what my dns settings are, I use a dns service to get us Netflix, but the error never changes.

So while there are people who have had success, I can confirm that even with the single change it doesn't work for me.

Of course it is a simple enough change that giving it a try wouldn't hurt anyone. It either does or doesn't work.

Im having issues with netflix, im getting this error (atv-ui31) (ui= user interface ¿?)

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:422:]]

October 23, 2013 - 5:28pm
antieco's picture
  antieco wrote:

Im having issues with netflix, im getting this error (atv-ui31) (ui= user interface ¿?)

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:422:]]

Solved! dont go for version 6 when editing info.plist . it seems to cause this netflix issue. I just modify all keys on info.plist to 5.3

Those values are what i had modified:

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>5.3</string>

<string>5.3</string>

<string>iPhoneOS</string>
    </array>
    <string>5.3</string>

<key>LSRequiresIPhoneOS</key>
    <true/>
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>5.2</string>

October 23, 2013 - 6:22pm
andsoitgoes's picture

It is at this point that I shall say: TEEHEE!

Thank you, I'll be trying this in a few minutes!

October 24, 2013 - 11:34am
antieco's picture
  andsoitgoes wrote:

It is at this point that I shall say: TEEHEE!

Thank you, I'll be trying this in a few minutes!

Solved?

October 24, 2013 - 12:05pm
andsoitgoes's picture
  antieco wrote:

Solved?

Sure is!

Now, can anyone figure out how to spoof it so I can access the US services while logged into my Canadian account for iTunes Match?
Because that would be AWESOME.

October 27, 2013 - 10:59pm
whoisit1998's picture

I was able to get the channels on there, but they just wont work, none of the new ones, except apple events... it just says "accessing VEVO" or "accessing quello" - but wont work at all... any suggestions?

October 28, 2013 - 12:28pm
Lightning413's picture
  whoisit1998 wrote:

I was able to get the channels on there, but they just wont work, none of the new ones, except apple events... it just says "accessing VEVO" or "accessing quello" - but wont work at all... any suggestions?

Which IOS version is installed on the ATV?

When I tried to spoof a 5.0.2 to 6.0, none of the channels would work. I had to upgrade to 5.2

October 28, 2013 - 6:14pm
whoisit1998's picture

That could be the problem then as I'm running 5.02. I'll try updating to 5.2

October 29, 2013 - 6:27am
antieco's picture
  whoisit1998 wrote:

That could be the problem then as I'm running 5.02. I'll try updating to 5.2

Solved! dont go for version 6 when editing info.plist . it seems to cause this netflix issue. I just modify all keys on info.plist to 5.3

Those values are what i had modified:

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>5.3</string>

<string>5.3</string>

<string>iPhoneOS</string>
</array>
<string>5.3</string>

<key>LSRequiresIPhoneOS</key>
<true/>
<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
<string>5.2</string>

November 21, 2013 - 11:16am
robertj's picture

Anyone brave know what we need to change it to for the Yahoo and PBS updates (if they are OTA that is). Using the method above and the version numbers above, they have not been pushed to me with just a reboot.

November 21, 2013 - 12:43pm
antieco's picture
  robertj wrote:

Anyone brave know what we need to change it to for the Yahoo and PBS updates (if they are OTA that is). Using the method above and the version numbers above, they have not been pushed to me with just a reboot.

Same here, im not getting Yahoo and PBS channels..

Could it be related to geoip? double check? (ios version + build version) 

Maybe we need to spoof to newest version 6.0.2 (6646.81.1)

There are some complains about Netflix not working on latest version..

November 25, 2013 - 8:40am
tomwynne's picture

I've recently updated from 5.0.2 to 5.2 and followed instructions above (setting info.plist to version 6) and got most of the new channels, but don't seem to have the 'Apple Events' channel which is one that I particularly wanted.  Does anyone else have this?  Is there a specific change required to enable it?

Many thanks,

Tom

November 26, 2013 - 6:41am
antieco's picture
  twynne wrote:

I've recently updated from 5.0.2 to 5.2 and followed instructions above (setting info.plist to version 6) and got most of the new channels, but don't seem to have the 'Apple Events' channel which is one that I particularly wanted.  Does anyone else have this?  Is there a specific change required to enable it?

Many thanks,

Tom

Tom, i reckon apple events are temporally avaiable... i used to have it a month ago and now its gone.

November 26, 2013 - 7:12am
tomwynne's picture

Thanks - thought that might be the case but good to have it confirmed.  Sadly I found last night that my hacks seem to have killed Netflix for me too.  That plus the loss of Plex (hadn't realised that would happen) ... Guess it's back to 5.0.2 then grrrr.