180 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 26, 2013 - 9:13am
antieco's picture
Kudos: 0
  twynne wrote:

Thanks - thought that might be the case but good to have it confirmed.  Sadly I found last night that my hacks seem to have killed Netflix for me too.  That plus the loss of Plex (hadn't realised that would happen) ... Guess it's back to 5.0.2 then grrrr.

Indeed, Netflix needs to update their app to support latest build.

November 26, 2013 - 9:44am
tomwynne's picture

I can't be certain really the cause of my Netflix issues.  I updated to OS5.2 and hacked the plist to appear as v6.0.  Netflix launches and I can see My Lists, etc., but attempting to play anything failed.  Will probably look further this evening.

November 26, 2013 - 10:11am
antieco's picture
  twynne wrote:

I can't be certain really the cause of my Netflix issues.  I updated to OS5.2 and hacked the plist to appear as v6.0.  Netflix launches and I can see My Lists, etc., but attempting to play anything failed.  Will probably look further this evening.

Check my 2nd previous post, there's a link to apple forum where users reported this issue, it's certanly caused by newest build. Tweaking Netflix plist would probably solve it...

November 26, 2013 - 10:39am
tomwynne's picture

Hi

Though I'd looked at that previously, but it seemed to be a post about people with ampersands in their user profile. Is there a different thread?

November 29, 2013 - 2:27am
Jolesentours's picture

Which program are you using to change the info.plist file? I don't see the same text as in the other post, I don't see the version numbers as described??

bplist00ß

"#$%&$'(*+,-./0123&5678<\CFBundleNameWDTXcodeYDTSDKNameYSBAppTagsZDTSDKBuild_CFBundleDevelopmentRegion_CFBundleVersion_BuildMachineOSBuild_CALayerAllowsEdgeAntialiasing_CFBundleShortVersionString_CFBundlePackageType_CFBundleSupportedPlatforms^DTPlatformName_CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion_CFBundleExecutable_CFBundleSourceVersionZDTCompiler_MinimumOSVersion_CFBundleIdentifier_CFBundleResourceSpecification_CFBundleSignature_UIInterfaceOrientation_LSRequiresIPhoneOS_CFBundleDisplayName_DTPlatformVersion\DTXcodeBuild^UIDeviceFamily_DTPlatformBuildWAppleTVT0450_iphoneos6.1.internal¡!VhiddenV10B130WEnglishS5.2U11D51 TAPPL¡)XiPhoneOSXiphoneosS6.0WAppleTVW6010.96_"com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0S6.1_com.apple.lowtide_ResourceRules.plistTfnrw_$UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight WAppleTVS6.1U4G182£9:;P

November 29, 2013 - 2:42am
tomwynne's picture
  Jolesentours wrote:

Which program are you using to change the info.plist file? I don't see the same text as in the other post, I don't see the version numbers as described??

bplist00ß

I downloaded the file via Cyberduck, edited with TextWrangler (text editor) and then uploaded.

As an aside, my Netflix issues disappeared after I reflashed to 5.0.2, so suspect either 5.2 or the combination of 5.2 with hacked plist files caused Netflix to weird out.

December 11, 2013 - 1:53pm
robertj's picture

Crackle and a few others were added to the lineup today, anyone know the magic combo to get them to work on 5.3? Can't say that I care about Netflix since xbmc does the job so well. Maybe I should just put in 6.x etc and just see what happens since I'm not a Netflix user.

December 14, 2013 - 3:04pm
antieco's picture
  robertj wrote:

Crackle and a few others were added to the lineup today, anyone know the magic combo to get them to work on 5.3? Can't say that I care about Netflix since xbmc does the job so well. Maybe I should just put in 6.x etc and just see what happens since I'm not a Netflix user.

All new channels are reachable just by editing usual files, this time setting as 6.0.2

Doesnt crash netflix!.

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:440:]]

December 14, 2013 - 3:47pm
robertj's picture

I forgot to post back, yes, I tried it, I only had to change one of the strings to the latest. It worked. There are a few that didn't work, KORTV, iMovie and iTunes Radio. Just hid them in parental controls and that's that.

My only other caution to people, whichever string it was that allows this to happen is the one that places the version number in settings-->about. It's a brilliant idea to keep a backup of your original info.plist on your computer. DO IT, don't be lazy about it. Much easier than restoring.

December 14, 2013 - 4:05pm
tomwynne's picture

Can you confirm please which setting you altered.

Thanks

December 14, 2013 - 4:21pm
antieco's picture
  twynne wrote:

Can you confirm please which setting you altered.

Thanks

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0.2</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>6.0.2</string>

<string>iPhoneOS</string>
</array>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>6.0.2</string>

<key>LSRequiresIPhoneOS</key>
<true/>
<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
<string>5.2</string>

December 17, 2013 - 2:33pm
spotsphill's picture
  antieco wrote:

<string>6.0.2</string>

<string>6.0.2</string>

</array>
<string>6.0.2</string>

<true/>
<string>5.2</string>

Is the last string purposefully left as 5.2 or was that a mistake?  Thanks!

December 22, 2013 - 9:16am
JJMcK's picture

I'm so glad I stumbled on this last night. I have a JB ATV2 which previously had none of the new channnels dating back to the Summer when Apple began trickiling them out. I followed the directions closely (always back up that Original file!) and within in afew minutes I had ALL the new Channels

Unfortuneately WATCH ABC isn't coming thru at al. There was a placegolder icon for every series along with 3-4 episodes, but I couldn't get the ATV@ to play them.... just a spinng circle. And in fact on my iPhone 5 when I turn on the app there is a PSA explaining that on Jan 6 a user will have to sign in to watch ABC shows. Interesting

Korean TV also did not work. 

And has been explained earlier, the NEW Apple radio does not work aither.

But having said all that, it's all good with me, love the fact that my ATV2 can be hacked to get all these stations w/o having to lose my JB to make it happen.

Thanks to antieco and andsoitgoes for their hard workk.

December 23, 2013 - 9:28am
antieco's picture
  JJMcK wrote:

I'm so glad I stumbled on this last night. I have a JB ATV2 which previously had none of the new channnels dating back to the Summer when Apple began trickiling them out. I followed the directions closely (always back up that Original file!) and within in afew minutes I had ALL the new Channels

Unfortuneately WATCH ABC isn't coming thru at al. There was a placegolder icon for every series along with 3-4 episodes, but I couldn't get the ATV@ to play them.... just a spinng circle. And in fact on my iPhone 5 when I turn on the app there is a PSA explaining that on Jan 6 a user will have to sign in to watch ABC shows. Interesting

Korean TV also did not work. 

And has been explained earlier, the NEW Apple radio does not work aither.

But having said all that, it's all good with me, love the fact that my ATV2 can be hacked to get all these stations w/o having to lose my JB to make it happen.

Thanks to antieco and andsoitgoes for their hard workk.

Many thanks JJMcK, i think everyone who is outside US is facing same issues with KTV, ABC, Disney and other channels, this might be due geoip restrictions that probably will be possible to bypass with a proxy, dns or similar resource.

I been AFK , but summer is here in Argentina and probably will make some time to try setting my own channel feeding with cloud content. Will keep you guys up to date.

December 26, 2013 - 11:56am
lanky1980's picture

I have a ATV2 with the 5.3 jb, i changed the values in the plist as specified and most of the channels showed up. However, when launching them i am given the "unavailable, please try later" message or it just tries endlessly to connect to the service without ever connecting. Anyone know why? I am in the US. 

December 31, 2013 - 6:54am
JohnWB's picture
Kudos: 1

This may seem like a daft question but (in windows 7 64 bit) where is the

Info.plist file under /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app

that contains

<string>5.3</string>

December 31, 2013 - 4:29pm
JohnWB's picture

Ah, now I seen what to do, thanks very much for helping a newbie

December 31, 2013 - 5:38pm
Carpenter940's picture
  JohnWB wrote:

This may seem like a daft question but (in windows 7 64 bit) where is the

Info.plist file under /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app

that contains

<string>5.3</string>

Not too daft. That file is on your appleTV not your PC. Use WinSCP to get to it.

January 1, 2014 - 9:15am
JohnWB's picture

Well I used WinSCP and once I found the correct login (root) and password (alpine) it all worked fine.

I now have an extra 4 icons on the Apple TV and they work fine, also Netfix still works ok.

Thanks very much for the help.

John

January 7, 2014 - 5:10pm
rtripath's picture
  lanky1980 wrote:

I have a ATV2 with the 5.3 jb, i changed the values in the plist as specified and most of the channels showed up. However, when launching them i am given the "unavailable, please try later" message or it just tries endlessly to connect to the service without ever connecting. Anyone know why? I am in the US. 

I am in the same boat and experiencing exactly same issue. Will appreciate any help.My plist set up are as belows and is not working.

<dict>

<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>

<string>10H575</string>

<key>CALayerAllowsEdgeAntialiasing</key>

<true/>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>

<string>AppleTV</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>AppleTV</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.lowtide</string>

<string>6.0.2</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>AppleTV</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>APPL</string>

<key>CFBundleResourceSpecification</key>

<string>ResourceRules.plist</string>

<string>6.0.2</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>fnrw</string>

<key>CFBundleSourceVersion</key>

<string>4250</string>

<key>CFBundleSupportedPlatforms</key>

<array>

</array>

<string>6.0.2</string>

<key>DTCompiler</key>

<string>com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0</string>

<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>

<string>9B206f</string>

<key>DTPlatformName</key>

<string>iphoneos</string>

<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>

<string>5.2</string>

<key>DTSDKBuild</key>

<string>9B206f</string>

<key>DTSDKName</key>

<string>iphoneos5.1.internal</string>

<key>DTXcode</key>

<string>0420</string>

<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>

<string>4C175</string>

<true/>

<string>5.2</string>

<key>SBAppTags</key>

<array>

<string>hidden</string>

</array>

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<integer>3</integer>

<integer>1</integer>

<integer>2</integer>

</array>

<key>UIInterfaceOrientation</key>

<string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight</string>

</dict>

</plist>

January 10, 2014 - 7:04am
eq2675's picture
  antieco wrote:

<string>6.0.2</string>

<string>6.0.2</string>

</array>
<string>6.0.2</string>

<true/>
<string>5.2</string>

Great thread. Thanks for posting

January 11, 2014 - 5:49pm
purpcheese's picture

Here's my findings (and maybe someone has a fix): 

I've followed the directions posted previously and I can see the new channels (abc, yahoo, crackle, etc) and most of them work... but Netflix only works if I'm trying to watch something new. If it's something I've watched before -- movie or tv show -- I get an error.

Once i put back the original info.plist, everything in Netflix works and I can watch unwatched and previously watched media.

I'm running 5.3 untethered.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

January 12, 2014 - 9:07am
eq2675's picture
  purpcheese wrote:

Here's my findings (and maybe someone has a fix): 

I've followed the directions posted previously and I can see the new channels (abc, yahoo, crackle, etc) and most of them work... but Netflix only works if I'm trying to watch something new. If it's something I've watched before -- movie or tv show -- I get an error.

Once i put back the original info.plist, everything in Netflix works and I can watch unwatched and previously watched media.

I'm running 5.3 untethered.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Would you consider making all the plist mods and modifying only one at a time to troubleshoot which one may be effecting Netflix?

January 12, 2014 - 12:21pm
purpcheese's picture
  eq2675 wrote:

Would you consider making all the plist mods and modifying only one at a time to troubleshoot which one may be effecting Netflix?

I think it has to do with:

<string>5.3</string>

Once I change it to 6.0.2 is when Netfilx will not play shows I've watched before.

The error I get is:

We're having trouble with this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title.

(ATV-ui511:atv/nextGPS2/mdp)

January 13, 2014 - 1:14pm
anthonyk.5213's picture

My Plist looks totally different. What do i change? I am using cyberduck.

bplist00ß

"#$%&$'(*+,-./0123&5678<\CFBundleNameWDTXcodeYDTSDKNameYSBAppTagsZDTSDKBuild_CFBundleDevelopmentRegion_CFBundleVersion_BuildMachineOSBuild_CALayerAllowsEdgeAntialiasing_CFBundleShortVersionString_CFBundlePackageType_CFBundleSupportedPlatforms^DTPlatformName_CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion_CFBundleExecutable_CFBundleSourceVersionZDTCompiler_MinimumOSVersion_CFBundleIdentifier_CFBundleResourceSpecification_CFBundleSignature_UIInterfaceOrientation_LSRequiresIPhoneOS_CFBundleDisplayName_DTPlatformVersion\DTXcodeBuild^UIDeviceFamily_DTPlatformBuildWAppleTVT0450_iphoneos6.1.internal¡!VhiddenW10B329aWEnglishS5.3U11D51 TAPPL¡)XiPhoneOSXiphoneosS6.0WAppleTVT6105_"com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0S6.1_com.apple.lowtide_ResourceRules.plistTfnrw_$UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight WAppleTVS6.1U4G182£9:;W10B329a C P X b l w “ ¥ » Û ø+:Zo‡’¥ºÚî2FSbt|˜š¡©±µ»¼ÁÃÌÕÙáæ#9>efnrx|~€‚             =              Š

January 14, 2014 - 12:30pm
eq2675's picture
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

bplist00ß

"#$%&$'(*+,-./0123&5678<\CFBundleNameWDTXcodeYDTSDKNameYSBAppTagsZDTSDKBuild_CFBundleDevelopmentRegion_CFBundleVersion_BuildMachineOSBuild_CALayerAllowsEdgeAntialiasing_CFBundleShortVersionString_CFBundlePackageType_CFBundleSupportedPlatforms^DTPlatformName_CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion_CFBundleExecutable_CFBundleSourceVersionZDTCompiler_MinimumOSVersion_CFBundleIdentifier_CFBundleResourceSpecification_CFBundleSignature_UIInterfaceOrientation_LSRequiresIPhoneOS_CFBundleDisplayName_DTPlatformVersion\DTXcodeBuild^UIDeviceFamily_DTPlatformBuildWAppleTVT0450_iphoneos6.1.internal¡!VhiddenW10B329aWEnglishS5.3U11D51 TAPPL¡)XiPhoneOSXiphoneosS6.0WAppleTVT6105_"com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0S6.1_com.apple.lowtide_ResourceRules.plistTfnrw_$UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight WAppleTVS6.1U4G182£9:;W10B329a C P X b l w “ ¥ » Û ø+:Zo‡’¥ºÚî2FSbt|˜š¡©±µ»¼ÁÃÌÕÙáæ#9>efnrx|~€‚             =              Š

I use Plist Editor for Windows Freeware

http://www.icopybot.com/download.htm

January 16, 2014 - 3:49am
andreas9's picture
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

bplist00ß

Or you may use PrefSetter if you're on a Mac Wink

http://www.nightproductions.net/prefsetter.html

January 19, 2014 - 4:59am
doorknob's picture

Hi everyone, yesterday I managed to untether my Apple TV2 with the latest Seasonpass release but as in post #85 my plist file looks different from what I see in other posts, I've tried Plist editor and WinSCP but still no joy. I'd be keen to add Now TV to my Apple TV menu, any ideas? TIA

Edit: I downloaded the file to my PC using WinSCP and opened it with PList, all then looked as it should. I edited as directed, transfered back to ATV, rebooted ATV2 and everything was in place. Thanks to all who have contributed in this thread.

January 20, 2014 - 2:25pm
ronm.9072's picture
  eq2675 wrote:

antieco wrote:

<string>6.0.2</string>

<string>6.0.2</string>

</array>
<string>6.0.2</string>

<true/>

<string>5.2</string> 

Hello, I edited my plist to match this one, I got all the new icons. Crackle worked, I tried ABC and it shows all the shows but If I try to play one, I get "Accessing ABC' and the spinning circle.  I live in the USA.  Has anyone sucessfully gotten the ABC to let you activate it by giving you the code?   My Apple TV is 5.3, was teethered but I unteethered it through Maintanance update.

Also, My plist file does not have the string IPhoneOS for me to change to /array  , that one is the only one missing out of the above list.

January 20, 2014 - 3:54pm
Carpenter940's picture

I thought I'd interject that the firmware version 5.3 is now untethered and contains all those channels. If you're having trouble following these instructions then that is an option... just upgrade.