180 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 21, 2014 - 6:55am
ronm.9072's picture
Kudos: 0
  Carpenter940 wrote:

I thought I'd interject that the firmware version 5.3 is now untethered and contains all those channels. If you're having trouble following these instructions then that is an option... just upgrade.

Between Me, my dad, and my Brother in law, we have 6 Apple TV 2's all on 5.3 untethered and none of the 6 has those channels???  I've edited the plist on two of the ATV2's yesterday and those channels have come in, all working except ABC.

Now I also have a ATV3 on 6.0 and of course those channels are on it and work.

January 27, 2014 - 11:24am
kucarachi's picture

I have got all of the watch disney channels to work live with not trouble. The problem i am having is that any of the on demand shows just do the continual spin and won't ever load. I spoofed to 6.0 also and did get a few more channels but on the DIsney ones you can see the individual episodes but none of them ever come on when clicked...is there something else i should be doing?

January 30, 2014 - 2:24pm
eq2675's picture

Just want to post that the new Red Bull TV channel automatically showed up on my ATV2.

On a site note, I have to remove and add back the NBC Nightly News podcast yesterday.

February 3, 2014 - 10:03am
Bouda's picture

5.3 untethered... Updated the plist file to 6.0.2 and all new channels were added when I did a restart (expected blank icon for itunes radio). However, I am dealing with the same issues as some in regards to the ABC app (I have signed in and activated, but shows do not load) and Netflix will not play previous viewed items.

Anyone know of a fix for abc and netflix? All othe channels seem to be working.

Will there be a way to download the itunes radio app to 5.3?

February 4, 2014 - 6:57am
janl.2313's picture

Is the Red Bull TV working on your jailbreaked 5.3?

February 4, 2014 - 4:58pm
eq2675's picture

Yes, Red Bull TV seems to be fully working.

February 5, 2014 - 2:01am
janl.2313's picture

Without a update?!

February 6, 2014 - 12:00pm
alexramos's picture
  kucarachi wrote:

I have got all of the watch disney channels to work live with not trouble. The problem i am having is that any of the on demand shows just do the continual spin and won't ever load. I spoofed to 6.0 also and did get a few more channels but on the DIsney ones you can see the individual episodes but none of them ever come on when clicked...is there something else i should be doing?

That is exactly the problem I'm also having with the disney channels (only I did not spoof my version number)... I can watch the 'live' stream they provide with no issue, but I can't see the 'on demand' stuff... If I use their app on my iPhone it works with no problems

February 6, 2014 - 7:36pm
eq2675's picture

I'm running the 5.3 jailbreak via Seaon Pass and aTV Flash. Also edited the info.plist file.

Red Bull TV came right up automatically.

February 7, 2014 - 12:11am
janl.2313's picture
  eq2675 wrote:

I'm running the 5.3 jailbreak via Seaon Pass and aTV Flash. Also edited the info.plist file.

Red Bull TV came right up automatically.

Ah thats the point! I will give i a try later.

February 7, 2014 - 3:54am
leeroy's picture
Kudos: 2

Works a treat!

Running 5.3 and edited the .plist and all the channels appeared which  are Sky Sports now tv, Bloomberg, Red Bull, Korea tv and iMovie Theater. All of them are working appart from Korea tv and iMovie! Not sure if Netflix is affected as im not in America so not bothered about that one anyway. Radio still works as before so no problems there either.

Thanks to everyone involved

Leeroy

February 8, 2014 - 10:13am
janl.2313's picture
  Lightning413 wrote:

Spoofing does work.

You need to edit the Info.plist file under /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app

Modify the 2 keys below from 5.2 or what ever your version is to 6.0

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>5.2</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>5.2</string>

This was the perfect hint. Is working for me

February 11, 2014 - 2:08am
janl.2313's picture

Still possible. I watched As i lay dying a few hours later.

February 11, 2014 - 11:28am
Carpenter940's picture
  janl.2313 wrote:

Still possible. I watched As i lay dying a few hours later.

I hope you're feeling better.:D

February 11, 2014 - 3:28pm
JJMcK's picture

Hi All:

I posted back in DEC after stumbling across this forum and am extremely happy with the results on my JB ATV2. When Apple rolled out the RED BULL channel a few weeks ago, it showed up immediately on my homescreen w/o having to do any upgrade(s) or re-editing of the .plist. However, when Apple pushed out the BEATLES Channel a few days ago it showed up on my homescreen in the same manner as RED BULL, but will not play as I get the spinning circle of death when I click on it. Any remedies or solutions from you guys? Thanks in advance.

-JJMcK

February 14, 2014 - 7:16am
eq2675's picture

Red Bull works for me too, but the Beatles doesn't.

February 16, 2014 - 8:59pm
NCTokyo's picture

Deleted

February 23, 2014 - 8:08am
gocubs's picture

Has anyone figured out a fix to the problem where Netflix won't let you rewatch things?  Everything else seems to be working great.

February 24, 2014 - 1:39pm
adamarc's picture

I have attempted the spoof as well so that I can access the WWE Network and I also experience the Netflix problem being unable to watch previously viewed content.  I tried changing from 5.3 to 6.0 and 6.0.2 and both had the same Netflix issue. 

February 24, 2014 - 2:54pm
jordbrett's picture
  adamarc wrote:

I have attempted the spoof as well so that I can access the WWE Network and I also experience the Netflix problem being unable to watch previously viewed content.  I tried changing from 5.3 to 6.0 and 6.0.2 and both had the same Netflix issue. 

Did the WWE Network work?  Does changing back to 5.3 fix the netflix issues?  If you change it back will you lose your channels?

February 24, 2014 - 3:01pm
adamarc's picture

The WWE Network appears with the new channels but when i try and play a video they all show "Checking for more videos..." and then it returns back to video info screen. So no, not really. I am unsure if this is an issue with the WWE Network and there intial rollout problems today or not?

When i set the file back to 5.3 Netflix works again but the newer channels are gone.

February 24, 2014 - 6:22pm
gocubs's picture

WWE Network works great for me.  The only issue for me is Netflix.

February 25, 2014 - 6:37am
gocubs's picture

It appears I spoke too soon.  It was working fine last night but when I checked something this morning, all I was getting was the "Checking for more videos" screen.

February 25, 2014 - 7:14am
adamarc's picture

Well then maybe the "Checking for more videos..." is a WWE Network rollout issue and not necessarily an Apple TV issue? 

I tried the same spoofing on another atv2 running 5.0.2 and when i spoofed to 6.0 or 6.0.2 WWE Network fails when i click Sign In and shows an error that has something to do with cannot read XML (sorry, don't have the message in front of me right now).

February 25, 2014 - 2:52pm
jeffmang's picture

Ive tried all the suggestions, and indeed, changing the plist file does allow you to download the new channels, but netflix and others stop working, and the WWE app lets you browse, but not play any videos. Its working fine on my laptop though, as well as when I restored everything to its defaults. Is it wrong to assume that there will probably be an updated version of Seas0npass rolled out?

February 25, 2014 - 4:02pm
Lavaspill5704's picture

I'm getting this error: x-apple-md-action_message

February 27, 2014 - 12:15pm
mattheww.4453's picture
  jeffmang wrote:

Is it wrong to assume that there will probably be an updated version of Seas0npass rolled out?

I imagine that they will release an updated version at some point, but unless someone from the firecore team chimes in with a date, we can only speculate on when that would be. 

February 27, 2014 - 3:28pm
rikishi420's picture

Wanted to confirm the same results as many of you, "checking for videos" spins for 20 seconds and goes back to the previous menu. At first I thought it was a glitch from the provider, but just confirmed it works fine on an ATV3. :(

I really don't want to change platforms so I hope a new Jailbreak comes out for a higher iOS.

February 27, 2014 - 5:05pm
shoestrings1229's picture

Having the same issue. I backed the spoof down to 6.0 and still getting the "checking for more videos..." I hope there's a fix for this soon! The laptop is great and all but, nothing like watching it on the big screen.

February 28, 2014 - 11:48am
colinv.2904's picture

I'm getting the same XML file error when I spoof it for the WWE Network app.