180 posts / 0 new / Last post
  March 1, 2014 - 9:00am
colinv.2904's picture
Kudos: 0

I opted to restore my ATV2 to its original software and will wait for a better release that supports the new channels. Having the WWE Network (and Netflix) working is more important than all the other stuff that comes with a jailbroken ATV2.

March 3, 2014 - 9:38am
JJMcK's picture

Here's  my workaound for NETFLIX issue of not letting watch previously viewed content:

I create another user and re-watch whatever content I want under that Username. It's a cople more clicks, but it works and I get to keep my JB.

March 8, 2014 - 8:54am
deefnasty14's picture

I made all these changes and restarted the appletv - it's just blinking and it's been 10 minutes. Normal?

March 8, 2014 - 10:17am
deefnasty14's picture

nevermind - figured it out

I changed 6.0.2 to 6.0 and we are golden - WWE Network is alive and well on 5.3!!

March 8, 2014 - 10:33am
deefnasty14's picture

Clarification - app opens and live content streams but on demand doesn't. 

Anyone have a be a fix or suggestion for WWE Network on demand video?

March 9, 2014 - 4:19am
louismc's picture

Hi guys,

I'm new to this so bare with me, I've connected to my atv2 via fileZilla have gone to the file location, edited the plist file and when I save it and upload it back or even just through editing I'm asked if i want to overwrite the existing file, I say yes and fileZilla says:

Error:    /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app/Info.plist: open for write: permission denied
Error:    File transfer failed

How do I edit this file so i can save it on my atv2.

Thanks 

March 9, 2014 - 8:30am
deefnasty14's picture
  louismc wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm new to this so bare with me, I've connected to my atv2 via fileZilla have gone to the file location, edited the plist file and when I save it and upload it back or even just through editing I'm asked if i want to overwrite the existing file, I say yes and fileZilla says:

Error:    /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app/Info.plist: open for write: permission denied

Thanks 

I'm on a Mac and used cyberduck to download the file to my desktop - edited in text edit (changed file extension after saving) and uploaded (and overwrote) the original file

all I changed was the one instance that 5.3 was mentioned to 6.0 and WWE Network is partially working afterwards

March 9, 2014 - 2:08pm
louismc's picture
  deefnasty14 wrote:
  louismc wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks 

I'm on a Mac and used cyberduck to download the file to my desktop - edited in text edit (changed file extension after saving) and uploaded (and overwrote) the original file

all I changed was the one instance that 5.3 was mentioned to 6.0 and WWE Network is partially working afterwards

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using Windows 8, I tried the changing of File extension however I get permission denied when I try to edit the extension on the Apple TV through FileZilla, I am working on this unteethered so think it might be due to the file being in use possibly?

March 9, 2014 - 6:33pm
deefnasty14's picture

Shouldn't matter if it's in use - mine was on when I made the changes

as far as permissions issues - not sure what to suggest. I'd make sure you're saving the file offline, editing, then uploading/overwriting - if you're having issues I'd try another app to make changes to the plist file

March 10, 2014 - 8:44pm
louismc's picture
  deefnasty14 wrote:

Shouldn't matter if it's in use - mine was on when I made the changes

as far as permissions issues - not sure what to suggest. I'd make sure you're saving the file offline, editing, then uploading/overwriting - if you're having issues I'd try another app to make changes to the plist file

Okay thanks, I have been editing offline then I get the permission issues when trying to overwrite the old file. 

I'll give cyberduck a go tonight to see if it enable me to overwrite the existing plist file.

Cheers

So I replaced the plist file, issue was i was using the wrong username to access the atv which was giving me the permissions error, so thank you for all your help, cyberduck is so much easier to use. Now just getting the same error as everyone else after signing in - Could not load page XML.

March 12, 2014 - 1:46pm
emulatronic's picture

Hi, I'm new in this Forum.

I have just tried changing the Info.plist from 5.3 to the new 6.1.

There aren't any news. Everything works except iTunes Radio, and Netflix can't resume.

March 18, 2014 - 3:16pm
mikael1's picture

I wanted to get the new tv4Play channel. (sweden) so I altered the plist to 6.0 and got nothing other than the netflix error.

Re altered to 6.0.2 and now netflix works and I see all new channels. but they dont work.

bummer.

March 20, 2014 - 9:53pm
JohnnyVBC's picture

Hello, has anyone found a workaround for Netflix or WWE Network???

Thanks for reading

April 16, 2014 - 3:13pm
adamarc's picture

Apologies for bringing this up again but i wanted to see if anyone had found a way to get this working for the WWE Network yet?

April 19, 2014 - 6:41pm
hollyn's picture

anybody can do the jailbreak for me? i have atv2 6.0.2

April 26, 2014 - 7:08pm
patrickpike's picture

I played around with this a bit more today and I now have the newest channels and Netflix working at the same time. Of note, History channel, Lifetime, A&E do not load, but everything else seems to work. I set the version to 6.1.1 and also changed the following line:

<key>CFBundleSourceVersion</key>
    <string>6698.99.19</string>

April 26, 2014 - 11:38pm
antonea's picture

How can I get channels like Redbull TV? Are these only avail on ATV3?

April 28, 2014 - 5:58pm
emulatronic's picture

Red bull tv is available in ATV2 and I think it works changing the info.plist, but the Netflix channels is still not resuming

May 3, 2014 - 5:08pm
adamarc's picture
  patrickpike wrote:

I played around with this a bit more today and I now have the newest channels and Netflix working at the same time. Of note, History channel, Lifetime, A&E do not load, but everything else seems to work. I set the version to 6.1.1 and also changed the following line:

<key>CFBundleSourceVersion</key>     <string>6698.99.19</string>

I made another attempt with the spoof changing from 5.3 to 6.1.1 and making the edit that patrickpike mentioned above and i still experience the "Checking for more videos..." with any content on the WWE Network.

Anyone else having any luck?

May 6, 2014 - 2:28pm
michaelmiata89's picture

I spoofed my ATV2 to 6.1.1 but I can't see History and Disney. I see Redbull, Bloomberg and iMovie. Is this because I'm from The Netherlands Europe or is their a way to solve this.

Thx

May 7, 2014 - 8:44pm
JohnnyVBC's picture

I am in the same boat as most I have spoofed to 6.1.1 and netflix did work properly but wwe network is still searching for media. It would be great for someone to help us out or at least let it be know this is being worked on

June 15, 2014 - 11:47pm
jpv190's picture

How do I fix the atv-ui511:mdp error?

June 25, 2014 - 2:34pm
JJMcK's picture

Just to update:

-To get the new ABC NEWS channel I spoofed the string to 6.1.1 as I had been on 6.0.2. I'm now able to get the ABC NEWS channel, which is what I wanted to accomplish. I also get the new WILLOW Channel. I do NOT however get content new AOL ON, just the placeholder. Didn't really check the PBS KIDS. I also now get the place holder for HISTORY, A&E, & LIFETIME that I wasn't getting before, but do NOT get any content from them. Lastly, I can open up the ABC network placeholder, and it will show the content but will not load the content even after putting in my Cable Provider's info. So I'm SOL on that

-For those that were having permission problems with Cyberduck ( wouldn't let you upload or change the info.plist file), I had the same problem. Here's what worked for me: I was logging in with "mobile" and "alpine" and switched to logging in as "root" and "alpine". Once I did that the info.plist uploaded fine w/o problems.

June 25, 2014 - 2:40pm
JJMcK's picture

Apple came out with some new channels today 

"ABC News has landed on Apple TV this morning as a stand alone app, but unlike other channels on the set-top box, ABC is giving away all its content for free. Starting today Apple TV customers can watch on-demand content from ABC News along with access to four live stream video sources and a dash of exclusive content."

Ever since Apple added History, Lifetime, & A&E, my JB ATV2 doesn't show any icon for them. therefore I can't get them.

My question then is: Is anyone getting any content  from any of these new channels on their JB ATV2 including today's update of ABC News? If so.... what's the secret?

THANKS

JJM

June 26, 2014 - 2:15am
mr.smash's picture

Interesting! 

I wanted to know if change the settings [insert 6.0.2 in plist] flickr is updated? 

The new app is very attractive http://blog.flickr.net/en/2014/06/24/introduci...

June 26, 2014 - 7:14am
mdaya1's picture

can anyone provide the directions for spoofing Apple TV2? editing some plist file?

Thanks in advance!

June 26, 2014 - 11:20am
JJMcK's picture

The following assumes that 

a.) you have an ATV2 that is jailbroken

b.) your on a Mac

1. Download Cyberduck

2. SSH into your ATV2 (http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/04/10/how-to...)

3. You need to edit the info.plist file under /private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app

If you don't have an editor, d/l Text Wrangler 

4. To edit: Right-click or Control-click on the info.plist file. (a Menu will apear and select Download)

5. Download to your desktop and back up the file in the event you make an error.

6. With Text Wrangler, modify the following strings so that they look like this and then Save

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.1.1</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key> <string>6.1.1</string>

<string>iPhoneOS</string> </array> <key>CFBundleVersion</key> <string>6.1.1</string>

<key>LSRequiresIPhoneOS</key> <true/> <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>5.2</string>

7. Go back to Cyberduck, highlight the info.plist file. Right click on it, a menu will appear and you want to Upload the new edited file. Once it's Upoaded, log out of Cyberduck and you're done. 

June 26, 2014 - 6:18pm
Carpenter940's picture
  JJMcK wrote:

.... Mac instructions....

On a PC you can use WinSCP and follow JJMcK's instuctions

June 28, 2014 - 1:04pm
kucarachi's picture
  Carpenter940 wrote:
  JJMcK wrote:

.... Mac instructions....

On a PC you can use WinSCP and follow JJMcK's instuctions

But nobody has cracked the problem as far as actually using these apps have they? The Watch Disney, PBS Kids, etc all you can do is watch live streams. Is there a way to update the apps themselves so they work the same way they would on a non jailbroken atv?

July 2, 2014 - 2:38pm
jamest.8685's picture
Kudos: 1
  JJMcK wrote:

The following assumes that 

a.) you have an ATV2 that is jailbroken

b.) your on a Mac

1. Download Cyberduck...

Thank you, very much, for that. It worked a treat for me, although it did only bring me Red Bull channel and Bloomberg, as well as the refreshed Flickr (in the Netherlands, so it's probably disabled).