180 posts / 0 new / Last post
  July 7, 2014 - 11:19am
stacker02's picture
Kudos: 0

Anyone get PBS Kids to load...? I just get an error about playback. But PBS works. Strange.

July 7, 2014 - 4:28pm
JJMcK's picture

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to just dump the jailbreak and update and live in Apple's Eco-System. I mean, most of the Channels don't work because of the work-arounds we use. Maybe it would be simpler to JB my iphone, install XBMC with the video Add-Ons I use (Project Free TV, IWO, usatvnow,usatvnow VOD, IceFilms, etc.), then just Air-Play them to my HDTV. Constantly updating this w/o all channels working is becoming a hastle.

Has anyone else done this?

July 30, 2014 - 9:45am
Sufferinsuccotash's picture
  JJMcK wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to just dump the jailbreak and update and live in Apple's Eco-System. I mean, most of the Channels don't work because of the work-arounds we use. Maybe it would be simpler to JB my iphone, install XBMC with the video Add-Ons I use (Project Free TV, IWO, usatvnow,usatvnow VOD, IceFilms, etc.), then just Air-Play them to my HDTV. Constantly updating this w/o all channels working is becoming a hastle.

Has anyone else done this?

If your HDTV has an extra HDMI port, it's simper to buy an ATV3 and just switch between them IMO. Adding a JB'en iPhone into the mix is far from being hastle free. 

August 20, 2014 - 8:38am
mtclimber03's picture

Good news for those wanting to spoof and keep netflix working. The magic key seems to be matching the right cfbundlesourceveraion number. by modifying the 3 keys mentioned below in the plist file I was able to get netflix working and gain the new channels. 

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>6.2</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>6.2</string>

<key>CFBundleSourceVersion</key>

<string>6698.99.50.31</string>

August 20, 2014 - 9:12pm
ugotrey74's picture
  mtclimber03 wrote:

Good news for those wanting to spoof and keep netflix working. The magic key seems to be matching the right cfbundlesourceveraion number. by modifying the 3 keys mentioned below in the plist file I was able to get netflix working and gain the new channels. 

<string>6.2</string>

<string>6.2</string>

Hi, I did this in the plist file in this directory "/private/var/stash/Applications/AppleTV.app" after doing this (post 147) change in the same plist directory to access the new channels

The following assumes that

a.) you have an ATV2 that is jailbroken

b.) your on a Mac

1. Download Cyberduck.
  2. SSH into your ATV2 (http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/04/10/how-to...)

now i am getting an error when trying to access netflix

"We're having trouble accessing these titles for you right now. Please try again later. (ATV-ui511-2)

any ideas? Thanks!

August 20, 2014 - 9:18pm
mtclimber03's picture

For me this was only sucessful at the 6.2 version with the above provided sourceversion key. Prior to applying the source version # I had the same issue.

August 22, 2014 - 2:23am
konnioo's picture
  mtclimber03 wrote:

<string>6.2</string>

<string>6.2</string>

How do you came up with the CFBundleSourceVersion key? It doesn't work for me either, on the previous pages there was suggestion for 6.1.1 key and also didn't worked. So please explain the logic behind it, so we could try it out with our own numbers. Also, how do you try it, is there is an easier way without restarting the apple tv?

August 22, 2014 - 8:13am
mtclimber03's picture

This is very odd. My netflix suddenly stopped working. I previously had the same struggles as some of you when trying to spoof other versions. I'm not sure why items in my watch list and previously watched items no longer work. They definitely worked the night I 1st implemented this sourceversion number.

August 22, 2014 - 3:41pm
petersmall99's picture

Im having trouble with wwe network keeps saying checking for more videos and netflix does not work either with the spoof is there anything that needs changing from the above?

August 29, 2014 - 12:10pm
djungelola's picture

Hi. Been playing around with spoofing from 5.3 to 6.0 or above to get the Swedish channels TV4 Play and SVT Play. Get the channels to load but none of them are able to play any content:-(

What i can't find any info about is the CFBundleSourceVersion key and what they mean. What do the different values mean and what the correct value is? Anyone got any idea? Do you think it matters in this case?

August 30, 2014 - 9:34am
jakeskin's picture
  djungelola wrote:

Hi. Been playing around with spoofing from 5.3 to 6.0 or above to get the Swedish channels TV4 Play and SVT Play. Get the channels to load but none of them are able to play any content:-(

What i can't find any info about is the CFBundleSourceVersion key and what they mean. What do the different values mean and what the correct value is? Anyone got any idea? Do you think it matters in this case?

I was thinking exactly the same thing when SVT Play was released to Apple TV a few days ago. I'm very interested in making this work. PM me.

August 31, 2014 - 7:27am
djungelola's picture

Ok, got SVT Play to work:-)
Spoofed my version to 6.2 and the "app" turns up.

My problem was that i couldn't get any video to play, " SVT Play är inte tillgängligt, försök senare", was all i got when selecting a video.

Now i found out that if i choose to play a movie with the select button on the silver remote the above error message occurs, but if i use the "Play" button when selected a movie it works just fine:-)

Been spending 3 days with changing diffrent values in my Info.plist file and the solution was this simple.

I hope it can help someone to spend their time on watching tv instead.....

/Ola

September 4, 2014 - 2:27pm
ctawn's picture
  mr.smash wrote:

Interesting! 

I wanted to know if change the settings [insert 6.0.2 in plist] flickr is updated? 

The new app is very attractive http://blog.flickr.net/en/2014/06/24/introduci...

I spoofed to 6.2 and the new flickr app is there. it lets you login, but then content is unavailable. ☹ going to try 6.1.1 now.

FWIW, there's also a thread at sinful on this subject:

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=1...

Claims to "solve" the problem but it doesn't really. I tried those settings and it doesn't provide the more recent channels or the new flickr, but at least netflix works.

September 22, 2014 - 7:40pm
metropical's picture

what mtclimber03 and JJMcK wrote, in combination, seems to do the trick so far.
I have added a whole lot of chans, though I was only looking for PBS, which I tested and it works, as well as Radio. This is prolly all I use.

September 30, 2014 - 10:05pm
mtclimber03's picture

Has anyone tried spoofing to the latest version? I'm curious to know if the Netflix issue still exists at 7.0

CFBundleShortVersionString

CFBundleVersion

CFBundleSourceVersion

September 30, 2014 - 11:00pm
Sufferinsuccotash's picture

What Netflix issue?

October 22, 2014 - 2:18am
JohnWB's picture
Kudos: 1

Does anyone know which channels should be available on my jailbroken Apple TV 2 in the UK.

December 11, 2014 - 7:00am
metropical's picture
  Lightning413 wrote:

iTunes Radio doesn't work because it's an actual app that get's installed with the 6.0 software while the others are "shortcuts" to the vendor's servers

updating to 7.0 didn't get me anything further than what I already have, except Beats, which I could care less about.
IE: iTunes Radio or Movie or iOS Extras. No big loss, but the radio would have been a nice extra.
Ah well.
But PBS somehow no longer works. I see it but it's "not available".

January 8, 2015 - 2:10am
craigie1211's picture

Hi There, Never thought of this problem when jailbreaking my ATV2, the only true app I want to use outwith the jailbreak was the WWE network, did anyone get it to work? I'm in the UK but use Unblock us to access on my ATV3 if that causes and problems.

Thanks

January 30, 2015 - 12:29am
Matt1977's picture

I'm hoping that keeping this topic active might draw someone from Firecore into the conversation as well.

I've alternately updated the PLIST file from 5.3 to 6.1.1 and 6.2. The icons appear on the home screen with no problem:

• Crackle and Yahoo! Screen work fine.
  • ABC attempts to access content indefinitely. So does AOL On, Willow, FYI, and the Disney Channels.
  • PBS and PBS Kids give me error messages. PBS says the site is unavailable, which PBS Kids suggests a network error. At no time am I given the option to activate my device to get these to work; I only get the error message.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful. I'm located within the United States and would like to be able to share PBS with my family; the other stuff is just a nice bonus. I use ATV2 to stream my MP4 files but the amount of content available on the box now is making me question if jailbreaking is still the answer.

February 20, 2015 - 4:44pm
strider72's picture

Yeah... I really like Infuse on my Apple TV, but losing all the individual channel apps from Apple really has my wife irritated. Confused

February 20, 2015 - 4:47pm
strider72's picture

It's especially irritating as Firecore in the advertising video specifically states that you don't lose any of the standard apps on you aTV. So I just paid for a product that I'm probably not going to be able to use.

February 20, 2015 - 4:55pm
Matt1977's picture

My solution? I dropped ATV and picked up two Amazon Fire Sticks. With Plex support it does everything I need out of ATV with a much better UI.

Sorry to put the ATVs out to pasture, but it needed doing...

April 14, 2015 - 4:33pm
mktchin's picture

With any version higher than 5.3, I find that HBO NOW and Netflix works but for certain movies, the centre SELECT button results and a loading screen with the movie not streaming unless you use the PLAY button. Other movies or shows, the SELECT button will bring up the episode list.

The Netflix app stops working also. Previously played shows refuse to load the episode list when selected using the SELECT button. Again, if you use the PLAY button, it will play the first episode of the series but you cannot select any other episodes.

Rolliing back the version to 5.3 allows Netflix to work as normal but you lose HBO Now.

Any ideas?

July 7, 2015 - 8:34pm
g3nius's picture

Same issue of no HBO Go or Netflix July 7th 2015

When trying to play a show in HBO Go the error message, "Checking for more videos"is displayed. I have tried multiple shows and movies with the same result.
Netflix displays "we're having trouble with this title right now Please try again later or select a different title. (ATVui511-3)"
--Tried the following as suggested here http://firecore.com/forum/topic/12978?page=2

SSH to the device as root and run:
[code]apt-get install com.nito.netflix.tweak[/code]

--http://firecore.com/forum/topic/10926?page=16
I tried changing the Info.plist to the following, and the issue persists:
CFBundleShortVersionString
CFBundleVersion
CFBundleSourceVersion

Any solutions? I am this close to selling the ATV2 on ebay and grabbing a new one

July 18, 2015 - 11:30am
metropical's picture

I guess AppleTV as a jb'n device is done. Looking into the Fire TV or another Roku.

July 21, 2015 - 3:08am
dubz's picture

You obviously don't use PlexConnect on your atv:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/88905/plexco...

Use your Plex content anywhere on the go just like you are at home and share content with family and friends. I just need one app on my aTV2's. PlexConnect!

July 21, 2015 - 3:10am
dubz's picture
  July 21, 2015 - 3:15am
dubz's picture