166 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 29, 2013 - 8:24pm
kaess's picture
Kudos: 46

Has the Firecore team thought about making an Infuse app for the Mac appstore.  The ability to airplay stream almost any movie file format would be very handy to have on a Mac.  Airplay mirroring stutters too much to watch video from a Mac on an Apple TV.  It would be great to have an Infuse app on a Mac so that we can Airplay stream an AVI or MKV without have to convert to MP4 for iTunes.

August 31, 2013 - 3:18am
alaris83's picture
Kudos: 0

great idea! I love an infuse app for os x! :D

September 4, 2013 - 11:16am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,113

We'll see what we can do. :)

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

September 4, 2013 - 1:29pm
drewman77's picture

I would buy an Infuse app that acts just like the one on the AppleTV including being able to play from local or network storage.

Also, don't block the screensaver from kicking in as I love using it for my photos when not watching a video.

September 11, 2013 - 5:15am
scottishwildcat's picture

+1 for this idea from me -- I have no use for the iOS version, but a Mac version would be super useful.

September 12, 2013 - 9:22am
thiagopredebon's picture

+1 would love to have that on my Mac. also would love to have the whole ATV Flash on my mac and airplay it, since i have 3rd Gen ATV and cant jailbreak it.

TP

September 12, 2013 - 9:39am
kaess's picture
Kudos: 46

The key feature will be to have the ability to Airplay stream nearly any media file type - one, so that it caches on the Apple TV and eliminates lag and stuttering seen with mirroring and two, so that the user can continue to do other things on their mac while the movie is being Airplayed in the background.

iTunes can do this, but only with MP4/M4V movies.  I believe there is an app called Beamer which claims to have this functionality, but I'm sure the Firecore team can do this better with the knowledge they've gained from the iOS app.

September 21, 2013 - 1:53am
kickstar's picture

I purchased infuse and it worked great on my ipad2 ios 6.1.3, I recently upgraded to ios 7.0, still learning my way around this new ios it has to be said, but eventually I got my video's and tunes loaded, but this time the thumbnails do not show up in the infuse app, only in the stock ios 7.0 video app, which is not nearly so colorful or pretty as infuse, I tried deleting and reinstalling the infuse app, but still no thumbnails show up

any help would be appreciated.

September 21, 2013 - 12:05pm
james's picture
Staff
  kickstar wrote:

I purchased infuse and it worked great on my ipad2 ios 6.1.3, I recently upgraded to ios 7.0, still learning my way around this new ios it has to be said, but eventually I got my video's and tunes loaded, but this time the thumbnails do not show up in the infuse app, only in the stock ios 7.0 video app, which is not nearly so colorful or pretty as infuse, I tried deleting and reinstalling the infuse app, but still no thumbnails show up

any help would be appreciated.

Hmm, is this happening with all files or just a few?

Is Wi-Fi configured?

Can you try correcting metadata, and see if that helps?
http://support.firecore.com/entries/23704917-M...

September 21, 2013 - 2:07pm
kickstar's picture

Hi James

There are no video files at all in infuse I have 24 video movies loaded via itunes and they are all in the video app, infuse did not load them this time at all, in ios 7.0

September 21, 2013 - 2:46pm
james's picture
Staff
  kickstar wrote:

Hi James

There are no video files at all in infuse I have 24 video movies loaded via itunes and they are all in the video app, infuse did not load them this time at all, in ios 7.0

Gotcha. Are these videos synced to the iPad, or are they iTunes in the cloud files?

If synced, are they purchased files by chance? 

September 21, 2013 - 9:48pm
kickstar's picture

Hi James

They are synced to itunes on my mac, no they are not purchased, at least not from apple

September 21, 2013 - 9:52pm
kickstar's picture

Hi James

Last time I synced this ipad with the old ios, which was completely wiped, was from my pc I am going to try that and see what difference it makes, it will take a while to back it up to pc, then I will try to pc sync it.

September 21, 2013 - 11:55pm
kickstar's picture

Hi James

No luck even deleted all the video files off the ipad and re-synced it with PC itunes, but the video player on the ipad ios 7.0 grabs all video, and nothing loads into infuse. also tried it again with my macbook pro ..no luck.

September 24, 2013 - 4:41pm
james's picture
Staff

Ok, thanks for following up. We haven't seen this issue on an iPad 4 or iPad mini, but we'll see if we can replicate the issue here on an iPad 2.

October 1, 2013 - 1:03pm
kickstar's picture

Did you have any luck James ?

October 2, 2013 - 12:22pm
james's picture
Staff
  kickstar wrote:

Did you have any luck James ?

No luck replicating the issue here, but there is a 1.5 update in review with Apple right now that adds some features, and fixes a few bugs, so it's possible this update may resolve your issue.

October 2, 2013 - 11:01pm
kickstar's picture

Thanks James, here's hoping it will fix the issue,really appreciate you guys and all the great work you do with Apple TV.

October 11, 2013 - 9:05pm
tillkrueger's picture

back to the topic of this thread, i would also be a huge evangelist for Infuse on OSX/Mac...i love XBMC, but Infuse would almost replace it for me, and would probably be all that most of my friends and colleagues would need, who constantly ask me how to organize and view their movie libraries for their big screen TV's and projectors...i could easily turn 10 people on to Infuse in a week!

Just Do It!! (you won't regret it)

October 30, 2013 - 7:35pm
dave01568's picture

no we need a Infuse Streamer/server

Dave

October 31, 2013 - 10:50am
tillkrueger's picture

but don't we already have PLEX for that sort of thing? the beauty of Infuse, in my mind, is that it is like a prettier XBMC, without any of the configuration hassles...it just works and looks great...so to not require a server component would be maintaining the essence of the ease of Infuse, no?

November 22, 2013 - 1:47am
drsal@me.com's picture

I have been using Infuse for iOS and I really appreciate the detail. Have you considered making a FrontRow like substitute??

November 23, 2013 - 10:19pm
Phamtruax's picture

Please make an infuse app for mac, it would be so wonderful to be able to plug a usb hdd into a mac mini and immediately use the infuse software as a mac app.
Imagine the possibilities if you guys made a media center box like lacie with the infuse app running as the main body with facebook, twitter, youtube and netflix all together. That would be a dream machine for any movie watcher. A plug and play infuse app/media center

November 25, 2013 - 1:06am
Yamas85's picture

I would LOVE such an app.

I really like the Ipad app - but upgraded my ipad4 to a macbook air 11", and really miss the infuse UI to watch my movies and series whenever i travel.

February 23, 2014 - 9:36pm
googull's picture

+1 for infuse on OS X

March 17, 2014 - 5:08am
winddiesel@gmail.com's picture

+1 for the Mac Infuse app... 

May 18, 2014 - 6:55am
yonan32's picture

+1 for a Mac App!

and not to disrespect the creators, but can anyone suggest a Mac app that even comes close to Infuse?

May 19, 2014 - 8:51pm
kickstar's picture

I have to agree Airplay is almost a must for Infuse users, they just get around those areas of media that make Airplay a necessity, hopefully we will see it added soon.

May 19, 2014 - 8:53pm
kickstar's picture

I have to agree Airplay is almost a must for Infuse users.

May 22, 2014 - 4:13pm
jirka's picture

I love infuse on my Apple TVs, on my iOS devices...

But I miss the Infuse for Mac!. I'd love the app, if there Will be any! And if it can be controlled by Apple remote only, it'll be once of my best apps!

December 12, 2014 - 7:43am
mglazar's picture

Any update on this subject?
Please make Infuse Mac App :)))
It's the only thing I miss on my Mac Mini that I use now as a media player.
I have two Apple TVs and two iPads with Infuse installed and have to say that Infuse is so much better than any other similar product.