IGHOR's picture
Kudos: 5

I vote for Infuse for Mac App again.
iOS apps on macOS will not happens.

June 5, 2018 - 5:36am
Caliguvara's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 0

Actually, it will. Presented yesterday on the WWDC for Apple's iOS apps (News). I think it will become possible for everyone next year #hopeso

June 10, 2018 - 11:09am
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 143
  IGHOR wrote:

I vote for Infuse for Mac App again.
iOS apps on macOS will not happens.

It will indeed. As the other poster mentioned, Apple's WWDC2018 event announced precisely this. If you download the beta of the next MacOS (Mojave), you'll have access to the News, Stocks, and Home app--all three of which are native iOS apps. An Infuse app on MacOS is now more likely in the next couple of years than ever before. It's no guarantee this is what Firecore wants to do, but given how Apple has begun the process of porting over their UIKit components to MacOS, expect to see many popular iOS apps show up in MacOS by the end of 2019 to mid-2020.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  June 21, 2018 - 4:43am
adamlogan's picture
Kudos: 3

Good grief, it's mid-2018 and a mac client still isn't available. Project Marizpan may or may not work well, I want the Firecore team to make a native app with the full performance, benefits and user experience a desktop can afford. Get on it already, your users are willing to pay for the app.

July 1, 2018 - 5:32pm
michaelbrawn's picture
  kaess wrote:

Has the Firecore team thought about making an Infuse app for the Mac appstore.  The ability to airplay stream almost any movie file format would be very handy to have on a Mac.  Airplay mirroring stutters too much to watch video from a Mac on an Apple TV.  It would be great to have an Infuse app on a Mac so that we can Airplay stream an AVI or MKV without have to convert to MP4 for iTunes.

Sounds like you’re asking for two different things. One could be Infuse for Mac where you can use your Mac screen for InFuse. Your post however mentions file streaming, like Plex or Sofaplay, or AirPlay do, but if you’re having troubles AirPlaying on WiFi, you’re likely to have buffering issues with Video Streaming...

I’d love the former, but can’t see the need for the latter, as we’ve got Plex support now.

July 2, 2018 - 10:03am
tumispro's picture
  adamlogan wrote:

Good grief, it's mid-2018 and a mac client still isn't available. Project Marizpan may or may not work well, I want the Firecore team to make a native app with the full performance, benefits and user experience a desktop can afford. Get on it already, your users are willing to pay for the app.

Mac apps are a small niche compared to iOS and developing apps costs a lot of time and money. I agree it would be really cool though!

Also: developing for Mac is often for a big part out of love for the community, you could start by asking it a little nicer Wink

July 3, 2018 - 3:49pm
SOROS's picture
Beta Tester

I believe a mac / 'marzipan' app would be great.

July 3, 2018 - 5:53pm
adamlogan's picture
  tumispro wrote:

Mac apps are a small niche compared to iOS and developing apps costs a lot of time and money. I agree it would be really cool though!

Also: developing for Mac is often for a big part out of love for the community, you could start by asking it a little nicer Wink

Love of the community is great, I suppose I take that for granted. I did ask nicely about a year ago, with a "pretty please". I get the feeling that it wasn't enough to persuade them.

It is a pain going without the synchronized episode feature when watching television series. I watch most media on my desktop and only very rarely watch stuff on the family TV as others care way more about watching live programming than I do. So as a customer I feel like I'm not getting much benefit from using this app. Alternatives are not so appealing. Considering that it is a subscription model per device, it should be more cross-platform than it is, and isn't that the point for software like this? To be able to stream your media on whatever device you're on? It surprises me that Firecore shies away from completing coverage of the Mac/Apple ecosystem, it's only one device away from achieving that accomplishment.

As a deaf/hard of hearing user I am thrilled with their investment in making subtitles as awesome as it is. But again, I can't really enjoy these advances on my primary device on which I watch media.

The software is more than slick enough on iOS, it's time to complete availability on the Mac/Apple ecosystem.

July 4, 2018 - 5:53am
tumispro's picture

Totally agree it would be awesome! They'd be crazy though to start developing it before more info about Marzipan becomes available, so I wouldn't expect any updates on this before the next year.

July 4, 2018 - 9:12am
kriznaa's picture

Vote for Infuse Mac Os App

July 4, 2018 - 9:23am
dave01568's picture

We’re wasting our time asking for this feature

Dave

July 4, 2018 - 1:52pm
adamlogan's picture
  tumispro wrote:

Totally agree it would be awesome! They'd be crazy though to start developing it before more info about Marzipan becomes available, so I wouldn't expect any updates on this before the next year.

Touche. I'm not setting my hopes very high about how useful Marzipan will be. The biggest question in my mind is how Apple is going to deal with the sandboxing and co-existence with iOS apps and MacOS apps/ filesystem. I hope that Apple learns from Microsoft's failure with Universal Windows Platform (UWP).

July 4, 2018 - 3:08pm
tumispro's picture

The apps they ported themselves do look pretty good (News app mainly) and the framework itself sounds like a solid plan as well: https://www.imore.com/marzipan. Main advantage for Apple compared to Microsoft is that Apple has the developer base that MS lacked, arguably the root cause of their failure to get a foothold.
I do however fear Infuse uses a ton of libraries that could cause some porting troubles. And also that the release of Marzipan will result in the Mac App Store flooding with simplistic games and fart apps 🤷‍♂️

September 1, 2018 - 1:03am
Christos's picture
Kudos: 2

It's time! I love the Infuse app on my iOS devices and want one on my Mac. Get it done team, so I too, vote for development of a native macOS Infuse App!

November 25, 2018 - 9:27am
siaccarino's picture

I would welcome a Mac version as well. Infuse has become so good that I have lost the desire to continue to use Kodi - not necessarily as network player - my common use case is to go on business trip and load some movies on my Mac for offline usage.

November 25, 2018 - 9:20pm
sm_24's picture

This would be great. It's annoying that I can't watch vids on my Mac and have the progress synced when I use Infuse on my iPhone/ATV.

December 21, 2018 - 3:44am
coops's picture
Kudos: 12
  adamlogan wrote:

Touche. I'm not setting my hopes very high about how useful Marzipan will be. The biggest question in my mind is how Apple is going to deal with the sandboxing and co-existence with iOS apps and MacOS apps/ filesystem. I hope that Apple learns from Microsoft's failure with Universal Windows Platform (UWP).

I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised - Apple is not Microsoft... and having built both/all OS's from a unix base must make things far more possible with minimal pain... once it's 'got around to'.

Apple have ported some of their own iOS apps to Mac... and from this post it seems to be very much something that will be come...
https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/13/marzipan-in-moj...

"With macOS Mojave, Apple introduced four apps that were previously only available on iOS: Stocks, News, Home and Voice Memos. During the presentation, speculation began on how these could be the iOS apps themselves, ported to the Mac with the rumored Marzipan project. At the end of the Keynote, Craig Federighi presented a sneak peek at a multi-phase project they’ve been working on. Without giving it any name, Craig explained that this project allows iOS apps to be ported to the Mac with minimal effort, that Apple used this for their News, Stocks and Voice Memos apps and that it would become available to third-party developers next year."

and he tries it out for himself...
"I decided to try out two experiments to see just how minimal an effort it would be to port an iOS app to the Mac: porting the 9to5Mac app and my own ChibiStudio app."
"Getting the app to run on the Mac took me about an hour of work, most of which was spent dealing with the removal of dependencies, converting it to Swift 4.2 and dealing with issues caused by the hacky build process. The resulting app works very well on the Mac"

Have faith Wink

Meanwhile you & sm_24 could use VLC on your Mac with this Trakt helper
https://github.com/XaF/TraktForVLC

sm_24 wrote:

This would be great. It's annoying that I can't watch vids on my Mac and have the progress synced when I use Infuse on my iPhone/ATV.

January 28, 2019 - 8:02am
Blancapapa's picture
Kudos: 1

Infuse on Mac OSX would be a must have for all your "clients" ... I use it on Apple TV ... on iPhone etc .... It's time to be able to use it on Mac OSX too ...
We deserve it ...
Come on Infuse team, make our dream come true !

April 20, 2019 - 8:11am
drz's picture
drz

Reviving this topic, it has been 5.5 yrs since this was requested. It's time for a Mac Infuse.. please show us some glimpse of hope, you can't call it a universal app when it doesn't support the biggest part of Apple Universe..

April 20, 2019 - 11:54am
enrique90210's picture

I just gave up and got the lifetime Plex Pass, and use it with my Apple TV 4K, it utilizes all the apple tv 4k processing power. Looks awesome and plays all media I throw at it. I use a NAS Drive to store all media and run it through apple tv4k

April 20, 2019 - 12:41pm
aqfa.ex's picture
  enrique90210 wrote:

I just gave up and got the lifetime Plex Pass, and use it with my Apple TV 4K, it utilizes all the apple tv 4k processing power. Looks awesome and plays all media I throw at it. I use a NAS Drive to store all media and run it through apple tv4k

But with plex, you cannot add gdrive as library source ......

April 21, 2019 - 11:33am
enrique90210's picture

Hello, I just added every media, I have to the NAS Drive which is 40TB. I just use it for my media. Video, Audio, Pictures

April 21, 2019 - 12:03pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 352
  enrique90210 wrote:

Infuse Team you are missing out on an entire market!! The Home Theater market. We use Mac Mini's as our media center because of their low cost and power. We really need an Infuse App. I would be willing to pay, $49 for the app!! So would a bunch of Home Theater enthusiasts.

enrique90210 wrote:

If you now use an ATV4K for media why not run Infuse on that since you have upgraded from the mac mini? This thread is for adding support to a suggestion for a Mac app.

If you want to post about a different solution with a different product you should probably start a new thread in the off topic lounge area here https://firecore.com/forum/104

That way everyone who is monitoring this thread doesn't get email notices for posts that don't follow the topic.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

April 21, 2019 - 2:35pm
aqfa.ex's picture
  enrique90210 wrote:

Hello, I just added every media, I have to the NAS Drive which is 40TB. I just use it for my media. Video, Audio, Pictures

It depends on the user. For me, my movie and stuff all stored at google drive, infuse can use my google drive as library. Also with google drive, i can stream all my movie anywhere online with infuse

April 22, 2019 - 4:07pm
hacky's picture

I would also be happy if Infuse was available for Mac.

April 22, 2019 - 6:48pm
m_rota's picture

+1 infuse for mac

May 6, 2019 - 9:54pm
Matt MacPherson's picture
Kudos: 2

OMG please make this happen! I'm a pro member but would definitely pay extra for macOS support!

May 26, 2019 - 4:01am
TotteAnnerbrink's picture
Kudos: 1

+1

June 3, 2019 - 2:03pm
maisen20's picture

so now it‘s time to bring infuse 6 pro on macOS!

https://developer.apple.com/ipad-apps-for-mac/

June 3, 2019 - 3:02pm
Caliguvara's picture
Beta Tester

EXACTLY what I thought during the WWDC 2019 this evening!!