171 posts / 0 new / Last post
  June 3, 2019 - 3:11pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 381

Won't be available until Mac OS Flying Squirrel....

Wink

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 3, 2019 - 3:24pm
maisen20's picture
Kudos: 4

This thread is almost 6 years old... And there is still no macOS app. So it‘s more likely Mac OS Flying Squirrel will be released than infuse on macOS.

June 3, 2019 - 3:31pm
Caliguvara's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 0
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Won't be available until Mac OS Flying Squirrel....

Wink

This made my day honestly 😂 HairForce One has just the best humour up there 😂

June 3, 2019 - 4:50pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 381
  maisen20 wrote:

This thread is almost 6 years old... And there is still no macOS app. So it‘s more likely Mac OS Flying Squirrel will be released than infuse on macOS.

Thank goodness that public demand had better results for getting flying cars for the everyday public.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 3, 2019 - 5:11pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52

Maybe now with MacOS Catalina we'll get a iPad converted Mac App

June 3, 2019 - 5:24pm
adamlogan's picture
Kudos: 6
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Thank goodness that public demand had better results for getting flying cars for the everyday public.

A mac infuse app port is hardly as much of a technical challenge as designing a flying car. There are many working prototype / projects on crowdfunding websites with airborne vehicles that come close to serving the function of a personal flying car, and yes, people love them, and even back them despite the high risk and costs of such ventures. The bigger challenge for a personal airborne vehicle is the pioneering aspect of it, changing legislation and airspace control, adhering to existing aircraft safety regulations or creating new ones etc. Getting back on point, Firecore doesn't have to deal with nearly as many hurdles to port an app from iOS to the Mac as designing a flying vehicle. Your comment is not helpful or constructive.

You're a moderator representing FireCore, are you really using sarcasm to insult your customer base? We wouldn't be asking for a Mac app if we didn't like Infuse on iOS, but your attitude and the impression that Infuse ignores what customers want most makes me start to make comparisons between FireCore and LogMeIn who have developed a reputation for shafting their customers, not caring about their customers is an understatement. I was under the impression that it is the role of Moderators to keep the peace, but you seem to be fishing for trouble. Pretty sure that's not a part of your job description.

The fact that 150+ of us from the public voluntarily signed up for this board to request this feature means it really matters to us. Commenting with a negative snide remark about our request is not a good public relations move. I know we all have our bad days where our personal stuff boils over into our work, but please find a more appropriate outlet for your negativity.

June 4, 2019 - 4:21am
Blancapapa's picture
Kudos: 2

To be honest I don't really understand ... We are many asking for that. We are many fans of Infuse and in my opinion not treated as we should be. 6 years asking for a player on Mac OSX. I did not turn on Infuse 6 pro because of Mac osx player not available ... A shame, 'cause your app is great !
Plus, beeing "insulted" is not what we deserve !
Have a good one !

June 4, 2019 - 5:42am
tumispro's picture
Kudos: 1

People have to understand that (at least until yesterday) MacOS is a completely different OS than iOS. Even with Catalina there are still a lot of challenges, mostly in codecs and other API's used by the FireCore team. It is completely understandable they don't simply start working on this. It's just not their focus.

That said, it would be totally awesome to have a version for MacOS!

June 4, 2019 - 5:53am
maisen20's picture

And yet others succeed in solving this.

June 4, 2019 - 6:07am
tumispro's picture

Do they? Twitter pulled their Mac app because it was too much work to maintain for a too small user base (only to make a comeback in the keynote from yesterday). Also keep in mind Infuse is not the type of app that started as a website and wants to be available for as many platforms as possible. They put a lot of work and love in a single app available only for iOS and forks of it (tvOS).

Imagine the resources it would cost to maintain two (or even more) apps for different platforms. Until today that is of course.

June 4, 2019 - 6:19am
maisen20's picture

sure, but maybe the keynote yesterday changes everything ;-).

June 4, 2019 - 6:23am
tumispro's picture

Fingers crossed!

June 26, 2019 - 11:06am
macintologist's picture
Kudos: 2

Now with Catalyst, does this change anything?

June 27, 2019 - 12:32am
tumispro's picture
  macintologist wrote:

Now with Catalyst, does this change anything?

Read back a few posts, this was answered multiple times. But to summarise: yes, this makes a Mac port way easier. Not only develop time is drastically decreased, it's also way easier to maintain along with its iOS counterpart. It still is up to Firecore whether they want to put in the effort though.

July 6, 2019 - 3:21pm
aqfa.ex's picture

so, anyone has other similar apps as recommendation ? (except kodi)

I want to stream my movie files from google drive

September 11, 2019 - 3:06pm
Petr Ruzicka's picture

Well I would love to have alternative (if not native Infuse). But as I have it on Apple TV and iOS, native app would be welcomed.

October 7, 2019 - 2:47pm
robkewit's picture

Another vote for a Mac app! It sounds doable with Catalyst. Even a limited version would be nice.
I'm using VLC now with a not so great Trakt plugin, as I imagine many people are.
So an Infuse for Mac would be handy to manage the library and for watching, especially for people who only want a Mac and an iPhone (and ATV), and no iPad.

October 8, 2019 - 3:04pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52

An article on what current devs are experiencing

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/08/mac-catal...

October 9, 2019 - 10:27pm
Arcfree's picture

It would be great to hear if this is on the roadmap. I was kinda hoping it would be available day one on Catalina given catalyst but alas, I continue to wait patiently 🙂

November 8, 2019 - 4:26am
kirky29's picture

This is something I'm really interested in! I feel like Infuse would be perfect on the Mac.