7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  October 8, 2013 - 9:18pm
willynanita's picture
Kudos: 0

So, Infuse 2.0 is coming this fall and will be a free update for current users.

How much will the app cost once it gets out? Will the Pro features be available as in app purchase? Or If I just wait for 2.0, will I get all the features?

This is a little confusing, I've been waiting for the pro features to buy Infuse for iOS, right now, I don't have a real use for it, I need to stream videos from my computer and/or my NAS server.

Can someone clarify this, please, do I need to buy the app now (1.5) and not use it until 2.0 comes out or I could I just wait for 2.0?

Thanks.

Willy.

October 8, 2013 - 10:16pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,154

Happy to clear this up for you...

Once Infuse 2 becomes available, it will be a free update for the current Infuse app (I.E. it will no be a seperate app).

The Pro features will be available as a seperate In-App purchase.

The final price for the Infuse Pro IAP hasn't been set yet, but I can say with certainty that it will never be less expensive than it is now ($4.99 app + free IAP).

Hope this helps. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

October 9, 2013 - 6:42am
willynanita's picture
  james wrote:

Happy to clear this up for you...

Once Infuse 2 becomes available, it will be a free update for the current Infuse app (I.E. it will no be a seperate app).

The Pro features will be available as a seperate In-App purchase.

The final price for the Infuse Pro IAP hasn't been set yet, but I can say with certainty that it will never be less expensive than it is now ($4.99 app + free IAP).

Hope this helps. Smile

Ok. I understand.

I just bought the app. I am planning to use it mainly on my iPad, but can I use it on both iPhone and iPad? The real question is, if I use the free IAP from the iPhone, will I be able to use the pro features on the iPad, later?

Once version 2 is out I will install iOS7 on the iPad, which is jailbroken just to use XBMC.

October 9, 2013 - 6:44am
willynanita's picture

It would be really cool if Infuse is made available on the Apple TV without a jailbrake, can Firecore make this possible with Apple?

October 9, 2013 - 7:04am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 112
  willynanita wrote:

It would be really cool if Infuse is made available on the Apple TV without a jailbrake, can Firecore make this possible with Apple?

I very much doubt as this could currently happen unless Apple lets the Apple TV have more generic support for third party apps.   For instance there is no facility in the current Apple TV firmware to download apps.  

There have been persistent rumours that at some point Apple may open up the Apple TV to third party apps - and if that happens I am sure FireCore would go down that route as it would give them a much larger potential market.  It would also mean that inFuse could work on ATV 3 (and future models) for which there is no jailbreak.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

October 9, 2013 - 7:18am
willynanita's picture
  itimpi wrote:

I very much doubt as this could currently happen unless Apple lets the Apple TV have more generic support for third party apps.   For instance there is no facility in the current Apple TV firmware to download apps.  

There have been persistent rumours that at some point Apple may open up the Apple TV to third party apps - and if that happens I am sure FireCore would go down that route as it would give them a much larger potential market.  It would also mean that inFuse could work on ATV 3 (and future models) for which there is no jailbreak.

Yeah, but seing as Apple has opened up for Apps like Infuse, for the iOS, I thought that maybe Apple would let ATV have third party apps someday, just like there are now all the Disney apps and MLB, etc.

I hope, and only hope that Apple let this happen, I'm sure ATV sales will go up if they decide to do it.

October 9, 2013 - 10:15am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,154
  willynanita wrote:

Ok. I understand.

I just bought the app. I am planning to use it mainly on my iPad, but can I use it on both iPhone and iPad? The real question is, if I use the free IAP from the iPhone, will I be able to use the pro features on the iPad, later?

Once version 2 is out I will install iOS7 on the iPad, which is jailbroken just to use XBMC.

Yes. The 'Infuse Pro' IAP is tied to your Apple ID, so it can be used accross multiple devices...just like the app itself.

willynanita wrote:

Yeah, but seing as Apple has opened up for Apps like Infuse, for the iOS, I thought that maybe Apple would let ATV have third party apps someday, just like there are now all the Disney apps and MLB, etc.

I hope, and only hope that Apple let this happen, I'm sure ATV sales will go up if they decide to do it.

We're hopeful this will happen someday as well...just no way to tell when that may be.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!