9 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 26, 2013 - 6:17am
willynanita's picture
Kudos: 0

Now with Infuse 2.0 for iOS on the horizon, can I say goodbye to the ATV2 jailbreak and get an ATV3 and still be able to watch my whole video library on my TV?

Because, that's what I am plannnig to do, if the app works as the one installed on a jailbroken ATV, and that's what I am going to recommend to all the people that I know that is using a jailbroken ATV, just buy Infuse and enjoy.

Of course, I will have to test it and compare it against the ATV app.

November 27, 2013 - 2:10pm
surfnode's picture

I was under the impression that the Jailbreak would still be required in order to AirPlay Infuse 2.0 content to AppleTV!?

[b]Surfnode[/b]

November 27, 2013 - 2:49pm
willynanita's picture

I don't think they would advertise a feature that requires jailbreak in the iTunes App Store.

Airplay should work on both jailbroken and normal ATV (including ATV3).

November 27, 2013 - 3:13pm
surfnode's picture

I guess we will soon find out once Infuse 2.0 has been vetted by the App Store! Smile

[b]Surfnode[/b]

November 27, 2013 - 8:05pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115

Just to clarify, Infuse for iPhone/iPad is a standalone app and will work with or without a jailbreak installed.

Infuse 2 will support streaming media from a Mac, PC or NAS and AirPlaying this content to an ATV2 or ATV3.

Hope this helps. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 28, 2013 - 4:20am
willynanita's picture
  james wrote:

Just to clarify, Infuse for iPhone/iPad is a standalone app and will work with or without a jailbreak installed.

Infuse 2 will support streaming media from a Mac, PC or NAS and AirPlaying this content to an ATV2 or ATV3.

Hope this helps. Smile

Yes, thanks.

That was my point, with Infuse 2 I can now have an ATV3 and still watch my movies like I am doing right now with the jailbroken ATV2.

November 28, 2013 - 5:22am
surfnode's picture

This is real good news.

Will sell my ATV2 once I've tested 2.0 and probably get twice the value of what I originally bought it for!

ATV3 will be great as it supports the new updated netflix. Smile

[b]Surfnode[/b]

December 3, 2013 - 7:51am
tomme12's picture

So if I understand it correctly, I should need Infuse 2.0 and it should airplay to my ATV3 then?   That would be awesome.   Save me from hunting for another ATV2 and the crazy prices people are charging for them.

InFuse works great with my current 1TB library I have built and FireCore +InFuse. 

Thanks!

December 3, 2013 - 11:23am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115
  tomme12 wrote:

So if I understand it correctly, I should need Infuse 2.0 and it should airplay to my ATV3 then?   That would be awesome.   Save me from hunting for another ATV2 and the crazy prices people are charging for them.

InFuse works great with my current 1TB library I have built and FireCore +InFuse. 

Thanks!

Right. The 1.5 version of Infuse will actually AirPlay to an ATV2 or ATV3 just fine, but Infuse 2 will add the ability to pull content from a Mac, PC, or NAS drive and send that over AirPlay as well.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!