Please consider an orientation lock button

Hi,

I used to use a player which allowed the users to lock the orientation in either portrait or landscape and this especially helps when you’re watching it on an angle. 

While I’m also waiting for this feature, there is a workaround. Here’s how you do it:

1. Go into the settings app and navigate to General -> Accessibility and scroll all the way down to the end where you’ll see Accessibility Shortcut. Select it

1. Change the setting for triple clicking the home button to “AssistiveTouch”

1. Launch Infuse

1. Enable rotation lock (swipe up from the bottom of the the screen and tap the rotation lock icon)

1. Triple click the home button to make the AssistiveTouch widget appear. Tap it, which brings up the AssistiveTouch menu, tap “Device”, then “Rotate Screen”

1. Select the rotation you want for the phone

1. Close the menu by tapping outside the menu (this is important, if you skip this step certain OS gestures won’t work until you turn on/off assistive touch again)

1. Triple click the home button to hide the AssistiveTouch menu and widget

Your device will now be rotation locked in landscape mode. The rotation will be reset if you switch away from the current app, though.

It’s not an ideal situation, but it does work.

The rotation lock feature is great, and I would only like a way to enable it before the first rotation occurs. (I haven't found a way to do this at least.)

Either you could make another gesture shortcut for enabling/disabling the screen lock, or you add it as a control along with the play/stop controls. Or both.

We went back and forth on this a bit, and opted for the semi-hidden option as we felt it kept the UI a bit cleaner looking.

It's possible we may revisit this at some point down the road, but I can't say for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.