50 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  February 18, 2014 - 1:25pm
iceberg's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

Has Firecore staff considered porting the AppleTV version of Infuse to Android/GoogleTV or Roku devices? I would love to run it on an OUYA instead of XMBC/Plex which are slow and/or transcode content instead of just playing it over a LAN.

While I'm at it, how about porting the iOS version of Infuse to Android? B-)

February 25, 2014 - 10:11am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,204

Thanks for the suggestions.

We don't have any immediate plans to port Infuse, but that could very well change. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 13, 2014 - 2:45pm
julle's picture
Kudos: 0

Funny to read about this topic I was actually looking for it now. Some background to it: have ATV2 with firecore/infuse and love it. A friend bought a Minix Neo X7 (android) playing content to 1080p etc..I bought it some days ago and cannot really stand it. HW is fine and quite powerfull. XBMC is awful to me despite its qualities but i am still into Infuse as everything is so well implemented and embedded and that is what I am looking for 100%. 

So sure, I can sell the Minix or maybe Firecore intend now to have their ATV version on Android in a near future? It actually would be a full pot. Mini android PC´s are quiet affordable, very powerfull, but still missing an OS (for media purposes) that is well designed. And Android machines are more or less dominating the market now...And we all know that ATV3 will not be cracked so for HD content, >720p, ATV2 will not be able to manage it. Firecore, You have a GREAT product, completely different from others (Xbmc for instance) and it is a good thing..Easy, works extremely well. You can export infuse as a player for Android Smile or even better, do a full OS almost similar to ATV :-) 

February 1, 2016 - 2:49am
helonaut's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

I would buy it, without even blinking. Take my money! Smile

Fire(proof|hard)Core

February 2, 2016 - 8:54am
smett's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Well, i guess one reason for the fast updates that infuse delivers is that only one plattform is supported: iOS/tvOS.

February 12, 2016 - 2:01pm
gggplaya's picture
Beta Tester

I have infuse for my Apple TV 4 and Ipad Air. But i would love to put it on my android tablets as well, it's too expensive to buy an ipad for everyone when a decent android tablet is only $200.

I was happy infuse was free for my apple tv because i paid for it on ipad, but i would have gladly paid the $10 for every device.

February 23, 2016 - 8:54am
FotoModel's picture

I have Apple tv4. The best app on it is Infuse pro. Bringing infuse on android and then on nvidia shield, that would be great. I would sell atv4 (maybe i do this anyway), and buy one android box, to play some good games, not this boring "crossy road" games..

February 28, 2016 - 5:04am
oldhouse's picture

+1 for me.
I have bought infuse on ATV4, but now I got an Nvidia Shield as well and would love to have infuse there.

April 18, 2016 - 3:03am
skalli07's picture

Hello,

I use Infuse since first day in IOS devices, and I use it in Appel TV, iPad Air 2, and was using it in my Iphone too before i changed it for an S7 which i love, and the ONLY application that i miss in IOS is INFUSE Frown .

I will buy it even 20$! There is a lot of Android player, but Infuse is THE ONE for me.

Thank you anaways, you have done a great work already Wink

July 1, 2016 - 1:56pm
machadinhos's picture

The only app that I have on my iPad that I don't have on my Xperia (android), or at least a decent substitute, is infuse!
Would love to see it on android!

October 23, 2016 - 5:55am
ton's picture
ton

Old topic but is there maybe some news on this?

Reason is that I'm on the verge of buying a new TV and a Android type would be marvelous if there were a good video player. It is about the only thing I presently use my aTV for.

November 15, 2016 - 4:37am
lilian974's picture

It would be wonderful to have an application on android TV, not just on android tablet.

November 19, 2016 - 12:52am
waltermorel's picture
Kudos: 8

Yes Android TV are now very popular. It will be a bonus to have Infuse for that !

November 22, 2016 - 9:53am
FotoModel's picture

On Andorid you have KODI (if you know to use it, its a dream this - only UI is shity), and its for free. Who would buy Infuse (Pro) every year for 6,99$ - 12,99$ on Android. Be serious guys. 5% of users maybe.

November 22, 2016 - 10:01am
gggplaya's picture
Beta Tester

I have KODI on my android tablet and firetv box. The UI sucks, too many things are buried in sub menu's. It's had the exact same UI for ages, the only real changes are in the backend for playing file types and to support new technologies like wifi and bluetooth.

It's also not a yearly fee for infuse, i only paid $10 once for AppleTV, Ipad, and iPhone.

May 3, 2017 - 4:15pm
Hutje's picture

I am still hoping that one day I wake up and see Infuse in the Play Store. That would make my phone whole again.
Recently made the switch from iOS to Android. The only thing I really miss is Infuse! The integration with Trakt, and the style, subtitles, the whole picture...
I look forward to that one day...

July 10, 2017 - 3:31am
timaz's picture
Kudos: 6

I have iPad but I might get an Android Phone in the future too. so adding Android App would be great for all of those who cannot afford expensive Apple stuffs.

July 14, 2017 - 5:55pm
Quixventure's picture

I have been a paid infuse user for years now, and I was an aTV Flash user back in the ATV Gen 1 and Gen 2 days... And... I can honestly say that the lack of Infuse is currently the number one reason I have not purchased an Android tablet... Sad, yes... but all of the Android options suck!

I bring this up now because I just shattered the screen on my iPad (suck...) and now I need a new device... and Id love to pick up a Galaxy Tab but I'd miss Infuse too much!!!

With 20,000 views on this thread, is there any new interest in porting over an Android version?

August 7, 2017 - 12:09am
timaz's picture

I got new Android Phone too. it would be great if Infuse for Android is available to public. Guys, I need to stream videos from my OneDrive Personal account to my Android phone. which App is suitable? I searched Internet but cannot find any App for this.

August 14, 2017 - 1:14am
timaz's picture
  skalli07 wrote:

Hello,

I use Infuse since first day in IOS devices, and I use it in Appel TV, iPad Air 2, and was using it in my Iphone too before i changed it for an S7 which i love, and the ONLY application that i miss in IOS is INFUSE Frown .

I will buy it even 20$! There is a lot of Android player, but Infuse is THE ONE for me.

Thank you anaways, you have done a great work already Wink

Hi;

Which Application would you recommend for video streaming from OneDrive on Android? There are programs which can directly stream videos from Dropbox and Google Drive. but I didn't managed to find any app that can stream from OneDrive.

August 14, 2017 - 2:13am
machadinhos's picture

For those that feel frustrated not being able to use Infuse over Android I recommend using BubbleUPnP. It can transmit to Chromecast or DLNA (something that Infuse doesn't have and will come quite in handy if you have a smart TV) and for local viewing you should use in connection with MX Player. You probably will have to buy the licensed version but it's cheaper than Infuse. You can stream from a large number of cloud services such as Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox. It's probably not as appealing as Infuse but it definitely gets the job done.

April 19, 2018 - 9:35pm
lepitismak's picture
Kudos: 2

We want infuse on Android

April 25, 2018 - 8:02am
baybora's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 14

For Nvidia Shield only... (Only one android device, not all)
The most powerful device, another big company, continues firmware support, 4K Netflix, 4K YouTube, Spotify, game console, pass through for all kind HD audio formats and Infuse quality, simplicity, user friendly etc Smile
I thing it is the best formula for everything...

April 25, 2018 - 3:15pm
Austin-316's picture

Please we need infuse for android so bad please

Perfectionist

April 25, 2018 - 3:18pm
Austin-316's picture

29500 views of this thread , please we want infuse for android

Perfectionist

April 25, 2018 - 3:22pm
Hutje's picture

Just got response on my mail to Infuse and they say that they will look into this...
So there is hope after all those years...
Currently using BS.Player for Android, but with Android 8> it crashes every time.

April 26, 2018 - 1:31pm
Austin-316's picture

I also got the same response, There's hope for us

Perfectionist

May 20, 2018 - 5:36pm
m_rota's picture
Kudos: 3

Please we need infuse for Android !!!
Infuse powerful software + nvidia shield tv powerful streamer
audio atmos + dts-x passthrough
Best of both world 🤞

June 6, 2018 - 11:21pm
Shauli's picture

Years already I get the same answer
It is just a nice way to say...forget about it we don't want too.
The same answer for a windows version.

I told them I am willing to pay double for that
Same answer
Don't hold your breath

June 7, 2018 - 8:50am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 116

I think it is extremely unlikely as it would almost certainly involve a complete rewrite as the inFuse internals will be geared towards the API’s that Apple provide.

If there is any port it would likely be to MacOS but even for that I would not be too optimistic.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

June 10, 2018 - 11:00am
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 146
  itimpi wrote:

I think it is extremely unlikely as it would almost certainly involve a complete rewrite as the inFuse internals will be geared towards the API’s that Apple provide.

If there is any port it would likely be to MacOS but even for that I would not be too optimistic.

It's nearly inevitable at this point that a MacOS version will likely arise in the next couple of years. Apple's WWDC2018 event just revealed that they're bringing many of the iOS framework components to MacOS Mojave (next version of MacOS this fall), and they demonstrated this by porting over several of their native iOS apps, like News, Stocks, and Home (for HomeKit). The process of porting an app from iOS to MacOS is next to trivial. By the end of 2019 you should expect to see many crossovers from iOS to MacOS. I could only imagine Infuse has put this on their longer-term roadmap.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime