89 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 24, 2014 - 2:02pm
Snaggles8's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

I tried to redo my apple tv today but after updating it to 5.3 with shift + restore and using the proper 5.3 iOS file, seas0npass refuses to jailbreak it stating "this appletv is not eligible for this version". I've tried on 3 different computers, updated and uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and seas0npass, but nothing works. It even refuses to jailbreak an already jail broken and fully functioning appletv2. Im stumped.

  July 24, 2014 - 4:08pm
japgeisha's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 144
Kudos: 0
  Snaggles8 wrote:

I tried to redo my apple tv today but after updating it to 5.3 with shift + restore and using the proper 5.3 iOS file, seas0npass refuses to jailbreak it stating "this appletv is not eligible for this version". I've tried on 3 different computers, updated and uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and seas0npass, but nothing works. It even refuses to jailbreak an already jail broken and fully functioning appletv2. Im stumped.

i have same p[roblem today i just tried to jailbreak apple tv 2 using sp 0.9.5 ver and i says apple is not elligible for this version . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  July 24, 2014 - 4:17pm
freddyp.8697's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

I have the same proble   Help

  July 24, 2014 - 4:19pm
Snaggles8's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

Luckily i was able to grab the ifaith blobs and use sn0wbreeze to put it back to 5.2 and use atv flash black from there.

  July 24, 2014 - 5:36pm
japgeisha's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 144
Kudos: 0

so is this means season pass has a problem or 5.3 is no longer signed by apple 

  July 24, 2014 - 5:46pm
Snaggles8's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

5.3 is still being signed by apple, as i did the shift+restore in itunes first, before attempting seas0npass. It restored to 5.3 with no trouble. Seas0npass has the issue.

  July 24, 2014 - 6:05pm
japgeisha's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 144
Kudos: 0

im suing 0.9.5 ver is there any other version ?

  July 24, 2014 - 10:42pm
Snaggles8's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

If you have a virgin atv, you better grab the blobs from ifaith and use sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware that can be installed through itunes. Updating to 5.3 or higher first may leave you ineligible for a jailbreak at this time as seas0npass does not seem to be working. Funny because I jailbroke one yesterday and had no trouble.

  July 25, 2014 - 4:51am
Ukrainianoiler's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 106
Kudos: 0

I have the same issue as per this thread.  Maybe they shoudl merge as it seems like the same problem?

  July 25, 2014 - 3:30pm
japgeisha's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 144
Kudos: 0

Listen this is what I did. And it worked 

 

first I restored to 5.3. By downloading the ipsw. And did it manually then when you  open seasonpass don't do right click option. Just click to download the ipsw  while connecting the Apple TV  

And it will jailbreak 

 

  July 26, 2014 - 8:30am
mandalay's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 44
Kudos: 0

I tried this method but it did not work. The Apple TV was fully restored to 5.3 from iTunes but Seas0nPass still says this Apple TV is not eligible for this version. Hopefully there is a new update for Seas0nPass soon. 

  July 26, 2014 - 11:02am
WinSpecToR's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 93
Kudos: 0
  japgeisha wrote:

Listen this is what I did. And it worked 

 

first I restored to 5.3. By downloading the ipsw. And did it manually then when you  open seasonpass don't do right click option. Just click to download the ipsw  while connecting the Apple TV  

And it will jailbreak 

 

 

Did anyone get this to work?

 

 

  July 26, 2014 - 11:36am
nostre's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Kudos: 0

try the totalcommander solution that was a fix for ios 4.x long ago (first in this forum i dont have right now the link)

make signature ipsw 

open it with totalcomander

copy the two *.dmg file from the sp created ipsw, to the with signature one.

go to dfu mode

shift klick in tunes and select the cfw ipsw 

 

  July 26, 2014 - 12:02pm
WinSpecToR's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 93
Kudos: 0
  nostre wrote:

try the totalcommander solution that was a fix for ios 4.x long ago (first in this forum i dont have right now the link)

make signature ipsw 

open it with totalcomander

copy the two *.dmg file from the sp created ipsw, to the with signature one.

go to dfu mode

shift klick in tunes and select the cfw ipsw 

 

 

Can you find the link? I restored to 5.3 in itunes already and still couldn't jb in sp.

 

 

  July 26, 2014 - 3:57pm
Carpenter940's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
Kudos: 0
  WinSpecToR wrote:
  nostre wrote:

try the totalcommander solution that was a fix for ios 4.x long ago (first in this forum i dont have right now the link)

make signature ipsw 

open it with totalcomander

copy the two *.dmg file from the sp created ipsw, to the with signature one.

go to dfu mode

shift klick in tunes and select the cfw ipsw 

 

 

Can you find the link? I restored to 5.3 in itunes already and still couldn't jb in sp.

 

 

 

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279

  July 26, 2014 - 4:54pm
Ara2200's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Kudos: 0

worked for me as well.

restored to 5.3 via itunes first then used SP to jailbreak, did not right click.

thanks 

  japgeisha wrote:

Listen this is what I did. And it worked 

 

first I restored to 5.3. By downloading the ipsw. And did it manually then when you  open seasonpass don't do right click option. Just click to download the ipsw  while connecting the Apple TV  

And it will jailbreak 

 

 

 

  July 26, 2014 - 5:14pm
marlon1982's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 187
Kudos: 0

 

To confirm, you did the restore 5.3 thru itunes and lauch sp and click the create ipsw taB. Are you using a windows or mac?

 

thankS

 

 

quote=Ara2200]

worked for me as well.

restored to 5.3 via itunes first then used SP to jailbreak, did not right click.

thanks 

  japgeisha wrote:

Listen this is what I did. And it worked 

 

first I restored to 5.3. By downloading the ipsw. And did it manually then when you  open seasonpass don't do right click option. Just click to download the ipsw  while connecting the Apple TV  

And it will jailbreak 

 

 

 

[/quote]

  July 26, 2014 - 5:25pm
Ara2200's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Kudos: 0

I downloaded 5.3 from http://ipswdownloader.com/ restored it via itunes, then ran SP clicked on Create IPSW

using iMac OS 10.9.4

  marlon1982 wrote:

 

To confirm, you did the restore 5.3 thru itunes and lauch sp and click the create ipsw taB. Are you using a windows or mac?

 

thankS

 

 

quote=Ara2200]

worked for me as well.

restored to 5.3 via itunes first then used SP to jailbreak, did not right click.

thanks 

  japgeisha wrote:

Listen this is what I did. And it worked 

 

first I restored to 5.3. By downloading the ipsw. And did it manually then when you  open seasonpass don't do right click option. Just click to download the ipsw  while connecting the Apple TV  

And it will jailbreak 

 

 

 

[/quote]

  July 26, 2014 - 5:41pm
Boyscout's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

I tried it several times now and SP always tells me the error message "not eligible".

 I'm on Win 7 with Apple TV 2 on FW 5.3

  July 26, 2014 - 5:42pm
nostre's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Kudos: 0

i use windows pc, didnt worked for me

  July 26, 2014 - 6:09pm
marlon1982's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 187
Kudos: 0

Hopefully Firecore will release official statement regarding this problem. Its been three days since the problem occured. 

  July 26, 2014 - 6:10pm
marlon1982's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 187
Kudos: 0

Im using  a windows pc and no luck at all

  July 26, 2014 - 8:49pm
Ara2200's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Kudos: 0

try this

restore to 5.3 via itunes, plug it into a TV activate everything then use SP to JB

 

  July 26, 2014 - 9:16pm
WinSpecToR's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 93
Kudos: 0

That doesn't work either 

 

  July 27, 2014 - 5:49am
mitch.lnu's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

I had to backup from 6.2 to a generic 5.3 IPSW.  When I click Create IPSW in SP, I immediately get: This Apple TV is not eligible for this version.  Using windows 8.1.  Any ideas?  Thank you for any help.

  July 27, 2014 - 6:53am
Kotzke's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  mitch.lnu wrote:

I had to backup from 6.2 to a generic 5.3 IPSW.  When I click Create IPSW in SP, I immediately get: This Apple TV is not eligible for this version.  Using windows 8.1.  Any ideas?  Thank you for any help.

You have to use Itunes to go back to 5.3 with the IPSW

  July 27, 2014 - 6:58am
Kotzke's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

I have the same problem with SP. After setting the ATV 2 to 5.3 with itunes, SP is not able to JB it.

Last week everything worked fine, but since 3 days i guess it is no longer working. Will there be a new SP Version? Anyone ideas to fix the problem?

  July 27, 2014 - 8:51am
saigonmp3's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 12
Kudos: 0

I am having the same problem with Seas0npass, but I was albe to restore in Itunes to version 5.3 no problem. For now, I only can jailbreak verion 5.1 in Seas0nPass.

  July 28, 2014 - 3:31am
jb2032's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  nostre wrote:

try the totalcommander solution that was a fix for ios 4.x long ago (first in this forum i dont have right now the link)

make signature ipsw 

open it with totalcomander

copy the two *.dmg file from the sp created ipsw, to the with signature one.

go to dfu mode

shift klick in tunes and select the cfw ipsw 

 

Only problem being that's 4.44 specific, unless anyone has a means to get 5.3 specific versions of the dmg's??

 

 

 

 

 

  July 28, 2014 - 8:41pm
japgeisha's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 144
Kudos: 0

I'm using MacBook and it worked. I'm not sure about windows. I don't have one 

  July 29, 2014 - 12:27am
bmwmkc323i's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Kudos: 0

I can also confirm that using the season pass windows version on a windows 7 system would always show This Apple TV is not eligible for this version message.  I was trying to jail break version 6.1.1 and thought it wasn't possible.  Until I tried the season pass for mac version and it worked!!