24 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 6, 2015 - 6:15pm
mikron2's picture
Kudos: 0

A couple days ago HBO GO stopped working. I can log in, select what i want to watch, it starts the HBO screen with the rating information then when it should be starting the video it goes to a screen that says "checking for more videos". I've changed my host file, I did a fresh jailbreak of 5.3 and did the version spoof to see if any of those would help, and nothing has. Is anybody else having this issue? I've done a bunch of searching and can't find anything.

July 7, 2015 - 12:40pm
chopsticks36's picture

I have had the same problem starting on 7-5-2015. Nothing has worked for me either, I also get the "checking for more videos" prompt as well. However HBO GO does work on the iphone & ipad (non-jailbroken) and I can airplay it to my atv2 but thats not why I have my atv2! If anyone has had the same issues please post and hopefully we can find the source of the problem.

July 7, 2015 - 6:35pm
michaelr.3647's picture

The same is true for me: AppleTV 2, running ATV Black 2.5 with Maintenance Version 2.5-25 installed. I don't know exactly when HBOGo stopped working, but it's only been a few days ago, not exactly sure. I have tried going into the HBOGo app and de-authorizing and re-authorizing the AppleTV, all without an error, but when I view any HBO program through the HBOGo app, I get the HBO logo, the rating tile (e.g., PG, R, etc) and then "checking for more videos." I'll open a ticket with support and see what's up.

July 8, 2015 - 2:07pm
davige's picture

Same here. Ever since the aTVFlashBLK Maintenance update. I also can't log into Hulu any more. Says, "Hulu Unavailable...."

July 11, 2015 - 6:07pm
Sportyyyy's picture

I opened a ticket on this with HBO last week - they did jack shit. As in, automated response with a weblink to the support page. I emailed back saying, no, can you just tell me if you guys altered the way the videos play/whatever, same f-ing response, probably from a robot. So pissed, I could stab the non-existent techy who sends me the same bs email everytime.

July 11, 2015 - 6:09pm
Sportyyyy's picture

And no, I didn't update ANYTHING - I've never been able to get the update stuff under the maintenance menu to work. My theory is its on HBOGo's end since everything else seems to work fine (xbmc, netflix, don't know about hulu). Still running untethered 5.3.

July 11, 2015 - 7:45pm
michaelr.3647's picture

Speaking of support tickets, I filed one with FireCore several days ago, and I haven't received a response.

July 13, 2015 - 8:35pm
swiftjesse1's picture

Same thing here! ATV2 running Infuse 2.5. Help us get HBOGo back! Thanks

July 14, 2015 - 11:27am
hallewud23's picture

I am also having this issue. Has there been any update or solution?

July 14, 2015 - 3:08pm
konnioo's picture

Same here. Lately my experiance with ATV is one failure after another...

July 14, 2015 - 6:44pm
michaelr.3647's picture

Seems the level of support for FireCore has tapered off since the legalization of marijuana in the state of Colorado . . .

July 15, 2015 - 5:37pm
dubz's picture

Nothing to do with firecore. I didn't update anything just stopped working probably with a new storeFront (Apple TV apps file). Unspoffed my aTV thinking it was the culprit but still the same issue. gonna try to play around with the Info.plist but I'm not sure if it will help...will keep you posted.

July 16, 2015 - 6:16am
hallewud23's picture

Looking forward to whatever info you can provide to get this issue corrected.

July 18, 2015 - 11:28am
metropical's picture

same issue. "looking for more videos ...." is the error, then it pops back to the HBO Go screen.
Mine is an ApTV 2 just plain jb'n. The only other thing I can think of, I just updated to Kodi 14.2, though I can't see what that would effect HBO Go.

July 18, 2015 - 12:04pm
metropical's picture

I held down Play/pause and ApTV 2 updated to 7, but everything still works as it did or didn't.
Unfortunately, nothing better about HBO.

July 19, 2015 - 4:01pm
Guvnarrr's picture

Same exact issue since the 5th of July. Nothing changed, just stopped working. I think this is server-side.

July 22, 2015 - 9:34am
dubz's picture

Since it works on the aTV3 perfectly it would not be the HBO servers whatsoever. The client is the issue FOR SURE. I would assume it even works on non-jailbroken aTV on iOS 5.3. More then likely apple has built in a jailbreak detection into this added site (app) on the storeFront (aTV home screen) or other config file that is breaking this from working. Until if/when this is resolved you can do a few things:

A. Un-jailbreak your apple tv (I'm guessing you don't want to do this and neither do I)
B. Run HBO GO/MAX GO/Showtime anytime (or others) using the browser app
C. Install PlexConnect and attempt to install the HBO GO/Max GO channels (not sure if this trick works anymore) google to find out.

July 22, 2015 - 9:47am
hallewud23's picture

Good info! Thanks for the tips!

July 22, 2015 - 10:53am
Guvnarrr's picture

When I said server side, I meant they made changes at the servers. This makes sense with what you said and what I meant. I was just saying that nothing had changed on my end and so they must have done something to only accept newer client versions or maybe they can see this is a JB aTV.

Either way it just plain sucks.

July 22, 2015 - 12:35pm
Sportyyyy's picture

As I already posted on July 11 - its SERVER SIDE.

July 24, 2015 - 3:16am
dubz's picture

Here is what I found out:

I Installed a fresh unjailbroken iOS 5.3 firmware on an atv2, HBO GO didn't work.
I installed a fresh Jailbroken iOS 5.3 unspoofed first then using any spoofed iOS that I know of and the end result is still that HBO GO doesn't work.
I Installed a fresh unjailbroken of course iOS 6.2.1 (7.1.2) on an atv2, HBO GO does indeed work.

Both use the same storeFront sochi. Not sure how you can come up with a conclusion that its SERVER SIDE or whatever you call it. Nothing in your prior post other then opening a ticket with some rambling on about something that didn't make much sense has shown this to be the culprit. Would be great if you could provide some definitive proof outside of this. A more accurate conclusion would be that if you are not running the latest iOS HBO GO and other apps do not work and apple wants everyone to be on it and now HBO GO and other apps that used to work do not iOS spoofed or not since there is likely a check to see what iOS you are really using. I would imagine its a simple fix that will come when someone finds out what apple did in iOS 6.2.1 to allow HBO GO to work. Copy some of the settings and presto it would work on iOS 5.3 jailbroken again. I listed a few options for the time being in a prior post in this topic. Why not just use an alternative solution or airplay for the time being? Really blows my mind you guys don't install PlexConnect on your aTV2's using this topic:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/88905/plexco...

Honestly I barely use any other apps besides it now that I found it and do development for it for aTV2's spoofed or not and aTV3's as well Wink

I can provide proof that the latest iOS for aTV is sochi which falls directly under the same HBO GO storeFront:

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware
https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Sochi_11D258_(AppleTV2,1)

Here is the storeFront for USA in my geo location for HBO GO:

vendor-gk-8<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

enabled
YES
menu-title
HBO GO
merchant
vega
maximum-version
vendor-bag-versions

javascript-url
https://atv.api.hbo.com/application.js
javascript-url-signature
bxRyFyS4t+NxoIzLMcj41B04XmJzfdSCzRLIEiqAMYCM1bWYe2k/IjPxQPxV Y0Svptv/93nPxgNMJVOunj4vQKGAJkXRCHKo4IOoNLp0cJMGwNDIoo0CNJUl RsScmeuPzfXp6iLNs7XZJLeN8luvzRzNG6ByzCyyD73Do5fgFUI6Uuqxh5e2 +ipdx2HXBfX7tcCI+G2sLV62UvOESF+hhUvFEZU0238pWhvn3OT/kC/VQFj1 AHCCryKijTvBm7uvIy0FJoD6hBVIg1PHfV8QYTg5jwfJKAIQyzk8/Yi1xBvZ fUaEiGxyezrA43U+IBYeJjS1lcWhm1rytcYObbWHKw==
auth-type
js
enabled
YES
menu-title
HBO GO
merchant
vega
menu-icon-url

http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/000/Featur...

menu-icon-url-version
use-parental-controls
YES
default-parental-controls-access-level
ask
preferred-order
support-url
www.hbogo.com/#help
minimum-required-version

javascript-url
https://atv.api.hbo.com/application.js
javascript-url-signature
bxRyFyS4t+NxoIzLMcj41B04XmJzfdSCzRLIEiqAMYCM1bWYe2k/IjPxQPxV Y0Svptv/93nPxgNMJVOunj4vQKGAJkXRCHKo4IOoNLp0cJMGwNDIoo0CNJUl RsScmeuPzfXp6iLNs7XZJLeN8luvzRzNG6ByzCyyD73Do5fgFUI6Uuqxh5e2 +ipdx2HXBfX7tcCI+G2sLV62UvOESF+hhUvFEZU0238pWhvn3OT/kC/VQFj1 AHCCryKijTvBm7uvIy0FJoD6hBVIg1PHfV8QYTg5jwfJKAIQyzk8/Yi1xBvZ fUaEiGxyezrA43U+IBYeJjS1lcWhm1rytcYObbWHKw==
auth-type
js
enabled
YES
menu-title
HBO GO
merchant
vega
menu-icon-url

menu-icon-url-version
use-parental-controls
YES
default-parental-controls-access-level
ask
preferred-order
support-url
www.hbogo.com/#help
minimum-required-version
maximum-version

July 24, 2015 - 6:26am
davige's picture

The issue here is Infuse. Infuse is a great media app that allows you to stream directly from NAS without a computer running as a server. Can PlexConnect do that? If it can, I stand corrected and I'll certainly try it. If not, FireCore, please try to fix the 5.3 HBO issue or develop Infuse for FireTV or Roku so we can dump our aTV2's.

July 25, 2015 - 9:04pm
michaelr.3647's picture

I blew away the jailbreak on my ATV2 by following these instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202118

I haven't had a problem with HBOGO ever since.

So the consensus here is that these apps (like HBOGO) have been instructed to become disabled if they're running on a jailbroken ATV. (Scroll up, see "SERVER SIDE")

So kids, if you want HBOGO, restore it to the factory defaults. (Don't forget that micro-USB cable!)

July 29, 2015 - 7:58pm
mikron2's picture

Sounds like the issue is on the server side, so it's unlikely to get fixed. Thanks for all the replies confirming my suspicion.