84 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  September 18, 2015 - 2:36am
DirtyDuke's picture
Kudos: 0

Airplay Mirroring is not working since I upgraded to iOS 9, I cant stream movies from infuse to my jailbroken ATV 2 using the latest jailbreak.

Any ideas?

September 18, 2015 - 3:32am
walterv.0708's picture

Same here. iOS 9 is NOT compatible with a jail broken AppleTV 2. Apple changed their AirPlay protocol and will only work with the latest AppleTV software which is 6.2. Which is problematic as there is no jailbreak for that version. So either you are out of AirPlay or you lose your jailbreak. Unless firecore can fix this within the jailbreak which isn't very likely. Bummer with iOS 9.

September 19, 2015 - 11:15am
wildcats923's picture

I was wondering if there was any news about iOS 9 being unable to AirPlay to jailbroken Apple TV2. Does anyone know if firecore knows about the problem? Thanks for the responses in advance.

September 19, 2015 - 1:08pm
walterv.0708's picture

I submitted a problem to their support people. No response yet (but only submitted it today so a little patience). I can't imagine that they're not aware of it as I assume they are testing iOS 9 too (at least for infuse for iOS).

September 19, 2015 - 5:41pm
dmitryk.5093's picture

Same here... All iOS9 devices can no longer stream to JB ATV2 Frown

September 20, 2015 - 4:13am
arcadelt's picture
Kudos: 1

Ditto re IOS 9 AirPlay being sound only. However, the ATV2 is getting a bit long in the tooth though, so I hope Firecore can port Infuse to the mew ATV4, because I really would like a the new ATV interface and access to my own content from my NAS. The AirPlay glitch is just a pain due to the timing.

September 20, 2015 - 5:50am
DirtyDuke's picture

Does anybody know if airplay works on ATV 2 or ATV 3 with the latest firmware?

September 20, 2015 - 12:10pm
walterv.0708's picture

Yes, what I have read AirPlay does work with latest firmware. For sure on AppleTV 3 and most likely also on AppleTV 2. But no guarantees and you will lose your jailbreak. Don't blame me if you can't revert to a firmware that you can jailbreak and lose it forever.

September 20, 2015 - 12:13pm
walterv.0708's picture

A reply by someone from Firecore would be truly appreciated.

September 20, 2015 - 3:47pm
wildcats923's picture

Appreciate the responses Walter. I agree that a response from Firecore would be awesome so I know what steps I should take next(i.e. Unjailbreak or possibly buy another unit). Thanks in advance.

September 21, 2015 - 5:14am
jeromer.7586's picture

Pleas Firecore fit it this Apple Shit...... Pleas Pleas pleas

September 21, 2015 - 5:21am
jeromer.7586's picture

Please repair it please
I have a lot of money paid for a long live update.

I would Sher offers whom ye fixes bugs from Apple.

I and 100,000 other customers FireCore defend very grateful

it can not be that it there is no solution!

there is talk of even in a network the El Capitan OSX
the same problem caused!

it is already told. the Fire Core of Apple was bought.
is there some truth to the story?

Please Please Please Please Please
bring it back up and running.

Please culprit for my Worst English !!!

September 21, 2015 - 5:23am
jeromer.7586's picture
  September 21, 2015 - 2:13pm
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 116

I have reset my ATV2 to the latest firmware and I can now AirPlay to it from inFuse running on my iPad.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

September 21, 2015 - 2:24pm
BobW's picture

Can we merge the iOS 9 AirPlay threads? I feel that some info gets lost between those posts. Yes updating the ATV2 firmware to latest and non jailbroken state will fix the issues. iOS 9 has new method/encryption for air playing which won't allow you to play back video to a jailbroken ATV. The only way to fix it is by either not updating to iOS 9 on your mobile devices, or to lose your jailbreak and update your ATV2 to the latest iOS for that generation.

September 21, 2015 - 4:46pm
arcadelt's picture

...but of course itimpi in your new configuration you can now no longer play media directly from a NAS. As a moderator could you please be a little more comprehensive in your posts lest you give people the wrong impression. If they follow your path they will lose some of the most important functionality of the Firecore software.

September 21, 2015 - 8:23pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,205

Currently, AirPlaying from iOS 9 or OS X 10.11 requires Apple TV 6.2.1 or later.

There's no way around this at the moment, unfortunately.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

September 21, 2015 - 8:50pm
dominicmcglinn's picture

You might want to mention this thread when you close others

domc mastering

September 21, 2015 - 9:05pm
arcadelt's picture

Thanks for the response James. Presuming this will never be fixed unless a jailbreak can be created for the latest version of ATV software (which has been difficult so far), our best hope is Infuse being available in the ATV4 App Store. Can you let us know how development of that is progressing and whether Firecore anticipates any resistance from Apple to an app that allows access to users own libraries on their NAS. I'm guessing there's should be little concern since Infuse works on other IOS devices. It would seem this is the best future solution that allows both Aiplay streaming and streaming from NAS devices for versions of IOS going forward.

September 21, 2015 - 9:26pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,205
  arcadelt wrote:

Thanks for the response James. Presuming this will never be fixed unless a jailbreak can be created for the latest version of ATV software (which has been difficult so far), our best hope is Infuse being available in the ATV4 App Store. Can you let us know how development of that is progressing and whether Firecore anticipates any resistance from Apple to an app that allows access to users own libraries on their NAS. I'm guessing there's should be little concern since Infuse works on other IOS devices. It would seem this is the best future solution that allows both Airplay streaming and streaming from NAS devices for versions of IOS going forward.

Pretty much, yes. An untether for the newer 6.2.1 Apple TV software has not been forthcoming, though that could change with the iOS 9 jailbreak, which presumably will be available at some point.

With regard to the new Apple TV, we're working hard to port the Infuse playback core to tvOS, and will be posting progress updates on our blog as things move along. We were fortunate enough to receive an Apple TV dev kit which should keep things moving. We don't anticipate any trouble getting approval from Apple.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

September 21, 2015 - 9:54pm
dominicmcglinn's picture

Awesome

domc mastering

September 21, 2015 - 10:54pm
itimpi's picture

@atcadelt: what makes you think that using inFuse on an iPad and then using AirPlay to an ATV2 running standard firmware does not play from a NAS? The iPad version of inFuse can stream from a NAS. As far as I am concerned ir offers similar functionality to using inFuse directly on the ATV2, it is just that one has to have an iPad or iPhone around to play video streamed from the NAS. One major capability missing from the version of inFuse currently available on the iPad is to play directly from ISO images. This is a feature that has been promised for the iPad version of inFuse but for which I have seen no mention of an ETA. Luckily I do not have much media in that format, but I realise this may not be true for everyone.

I agree that it is not the same as playing using inFuse directly on the ATV2, but on the basis that a jailbreak for the latest ATV2 firmware does not look that likely bearing how long has gone by without one appearing it is worth mentioning practical alternatives.

For playing Audio streamed from my NAS I am currently using the media player built into File Browser app as I like to use a simple folder view. If one is looking for an app that is more music type centric then the best I have found so far is the MusicStreamer app (from the same people who provide the fFile Browser app). I would prefer it if the iPad version of inFuse could also play Audio like the ATV2 version does, but although FireCore have said this is planned I have seen no ETA, and I expect at the moment they are more focussed on getting inFuse running on the ATV4.

For those who use an alternative app on the ATV2 such as Kodi to play media then it is a difficult decision as to whether to stick with a jail broken ATV2 that can run their media player or to give that up and move to standard firmware so that they get AirPlay support back.

It is possible that FireCore may find a way to get an ATV2 to work with iOS9, but I am personally not very hopeful. For me that incompatibility is a deal-breaker that is forcing me to abandon inFuse on the ATV2 which I have been using for many years. inFuse on the iPhone/iPad is the best media player I have found for those devices, and has been steadily getting better.

September 21, 2015 - 11:27pm
arcadelt's picture

@itimpi, I didn't say that you could not stream from a NAS using AirPlay through Infuse on an IOS device, and I agree that this would be a reasonable workaround solution to fix the new IOS 9 to ATV2 (5.2) AirPlay problem. I was merely cautioning you that some might follow your advice to upgrade the ATV software on their jailbroken ATV2 to get AirPlay working, but then would lose the ability to use Infuse natively on the ATV. I presume that many people, like me, would have bought the Firecore product exactly for that purpose, and losing that would be worse than gaining back AirPlay functionality.

September 21, 2015 - 11:57pm
itimpi's picture

OK - Fair enough. My original post was in response to a question that was asking if it could be confirmed that airplay to an ATV2 running standard firmware worked OK. For some reason the 'quote' feature of the forum does not seem to work (for me at least) so perhaps that was not clear.

I have decided that the number of issues arising from the fact that the ATV2 has to be jailbroken (thus breaking Airplay from iOS9) to run the FireCore software combined with the fact that there is no jailbreak for the latest firmware means I am likely to abandon using the FireCore software on the ATV2 as my main media playing solution. I am therefore looking for ways to achieve equivalent functionality with the hardware/software that I already have. My personal view is that this IOS9 incompatibility is unlikely to get resolved and is likely to spell the end of the ATV2 + ATV Flash (Black) as a viable solution for going forward for many people. I will keep the ATV2 around running FireCore software for the short term as it now has little resale value but would not think of replacing it with another ATV2 if it failed. I might revisit this decision if the iOS9 airplay issue is resolved but I do not think that is likely.

When the ATV4 is available then if infuse is also available on that via the app store then I expect that will become my long term solution and I will abandon the ATV2 as my main media playing solution. While I have no explicit insider knowledge, I am assuming that FireCore also see this as their future as it means they no longer have any reliance on jailbroken hardware. As such it would be the area that the majority of their efforts are concentrated and infuse on that device is likely to become a major revenue stream for them.

September 22, 2015 - 12:23am
arcadelt's picture

ATV2 still commands a premium on eBay (at least in Australia where I am), although not in the hundreds of dollars as they once did, so perhaps they haven't heard about the IOS 9 AirPlay issue, or perhaps there is still demand to be able to stream directly from a NAS. Trouble is the ATV2 as a device is getting long in the tooth (720p is vey low now), so even if this AirPlay issue doesn't kill the excellent ATV Flash implementation, the ATV4 with Infuse (or similar) in the accompanying App Store is probably going to kill it for everyone except hardcore hobbyist and tinkerers anyway. Sell your ATV2 now while you can still get your money back. If Firecore can get their implementation of Infuse on the ATV4 working I have no doubt they will have a viable future. Trouble is there will be more competition in a non-jailbroken world, with Apple letting everyone have a shot at legitimately developing for tvOS, although Firecore should have a clear advantage having played around the inside of ATVs for years.

BTW, the quote function here doesn't work for me either.

September 22, 2015 - 12:58am
DirtyDuke's picture

I know this is'nt possible, but it would be awesome if you could run double versions of the firmware, if it was possible to choose version at reboot Smile

Well, guess I have to put my arsenal of jailbreaked ATV 2's out for sale to the ones who don't care much for Airplay and buy me a couple of the new ATV's since I really need Airplay to work.

Thanks for all the answers!

September 22, 2015 - 1:50am
walterv.0708's picture

@james

To be honest, you really need to stop selling infuse for AppleTV 2. You guys made a lot of money out of it and rightly so. But you can't sell the AppleTV 2 black edition anymore now it's severely crippled. It won't be much of an issue as the AppleTV 4 is around the corner and I'm sure you guys will have great opportunities in the official AppStore.

September 22, 2015 - 2:51am
dmitrit.2291's picture

I had IOS9 for couple off months in developers mode and AirPlay mirroring stopped working for me with ATV2s. I have Apple AirportExtreme router. I reported it to Apple via feedback and they seems don't care. I downgraded to IOS 8 and it works perfectly again.IOS9 is crap, just downgrade to IOS8 while Aplle still signing it.

September 22, 2015 - 3:25am
willkuer's picture

I ask my self why atv flash black is still on sale without any mention about this issue

September 22, 2015 - 3:38am
dmitrit.2291's picture

Because you should ask Apple, not firecore. Or downgrade to IOS8

September 22, 2015 - 3:44am
willkuer's picture

shall I ask Apple why Firecore didn't mention about airplay issue with ios 9 while selling its product. Instead it promises that "The normal Apple TV features will remain intact and unchanged".