I'm a long time user of Kodi / XBMC (since the original Xbox days). While I have been happy running Kodi on my FireTV, if Infuse comes out for AppleTV 4 I might be swayed esp. if the new FireTV OS continues to make launching Kodi difficult. Not to mention that the new AppleTV looks great.
- I store all my music, pictures, and video on a NAS which shares via SMB
** I'd like to be able to point Infuse at my NAS shares to play the various kinds of media
** I'd like Infuse watch for updates / additions / deletions in my media and react accordingly
** I'd like to be able to delete media after I have watched it (delete it from within Infuse, have it deleted on the NAS). This might be an extra option that needs to be enabled, as it is with Kodi.
- I'd greatly prefer if the client would transcode natively (unlike Plex which transcodes on the server, which I think is a bad idea).
- I love the idea of using a central database to mark what I have watched across devices (I believe Trakt does this for you).
- When viewing my media be able to sort by name, date added (oldest first, newest first), etc.
- Search for media would be nice
- Integrate with AppleTV search would be amazing
That's all off of the top of my head.