252 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 24, 2015 - 5:51am
sico_pata's picture
Kudos: 3

Sure the best news in years. Sure I acquire the new AppleTV 4 but I think AppleTV 2 has new life with ultimate Seas0n pass plus atv flash black

I guess and hope that at last you can get untether jail for the last firmware

October 24, 2015 - 12:18pm
MagnusVonMagnum's picture
Kudos: 0

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.1 and tried the latest Beta today (Oct 24th, 2015) and I'm also getting the File System Patches failed error.

October 24, 2015 - 12:36pm
jeromer.7586's picture
  MagnusVonMagnum wrote:

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.1 and tried the latest Beta today (Oct 24th, 2015) and I'm also getting the File System Patches failed error.

me too the same problem!

October 24, 2015 - 1:31pm
jeromer.7586's picture

ok I have now tried the last version of Yosemite and Beta: Seas0nPass 0.9.7 and it works ... so I'm assuming that the Beta: 0.9.7 Seas0nPass has a problem with the current OSX version 10.11.1 (15B42)

October 24, 2015 - 1:45pm
  jeromer.7586 wrote:
  MagnusVonMagnum wrote:

me too the same problem!

I just tried the tethered 6.2.1 instead of 5.3 and that got past the system patches error (I'd much rather have untethered, but seeing as I do have my Macbook Pro in the living/music room for music recording (Logic Pro music writing and also for converting my LPs to digital), I suppose I could go the tethered route for now), but now I can't seem to get the AppleTV into DFU mode (this is becoming mind numbingly frustrating). It just goes into a fast blink when I connect the USB cable and does literally nothing when I hold Menu and Play. If that is the kind of crap I'd have to put up with every time the power went out or I needed to reboot for some reason....

I was basically hoping to replace my Gen1 ATV I have upstairs with a 2nd Gen ATV unit, but I need XBMC (or Kodi) to run non-Apple files and what not and I've had this Gen2 unit originally in an exercise room but later in the downstairs home theater room after getting Netflix (still prefer Gen1 units due to DTS CD compatible output working on them). My upstairs system is high-end 2-channel only so surround stuff doesn't matter. I've thought about the new AppleTV Gen4 coming out, but who knows if/when it will have Kodi support or VLC or whatever to make my non-Apple file stuff work. And frankly, I wouldn't NEED it if I can get this ATV Gen2 to run XBMC (my plasma in the room is only 720p anyway as it sits too far away to see better than 720p at that distance above my piano anyway and plasma was better quality for motion at the time).

To make matters worse, my old Gen1 ATV with XBMC Eden just blew its WiFi card somehow after all these years and I connected one of those AC outlet Ethernet devices and that got it working, but for some odd reason now I get "hard drive-like sounds" through my speakers when loading files in XBMC (in Apple mode also but quieter). I don't know if it's some kind of ground loop or what (i.e. I had feedback hum when using RCA outputs + HDMI for TV so I bought an optical DAC converter to isolate it and that worked great until now for isolating the ground loop hum from the HDMI + RCA connection, but now instead of hum I get those weird hard drive like sounds through the speakers when changing directories, etc. My optical output port also shuts down about once a week (I assume from the Gen1 massive relative heat) requiring a power down and reboot of the Gen1 unit (oddly my other Gen1 has never done that despite also getting very hot). The HDMI output is fine, so I suppose I could get one of those HDMI boxes that adds switching plus optical and RCA output itself to solve that issue and I'd probably need one anyway for the new Gen4 unit as it no longer has optical output anymore.

The bottom line is I need a replacement for the Gen 1 unit very soon and it needs XBMC and having Netflix on the same device would be great as well so the ATV Gen2 unit seems ideal in that room, especially since I already have it. The Gen4 seems overkill (don't really need casual gaming), overpriced and for the future doesn't do 4K (not needed in that room but bad for the money when the Gen3 unit is only $69 and you can Airplay Mac games to it even with a PS3 Bluetooth controller if your Mac is within Bluetooth range (works clear on the other side of the house here; played The Cave the other day in the living room like it was a game console via Steam).

October 24, 2015 - 2:36pm
jeromer.7586's picture

ok. also ich würde sagen benutze ein Mac mit OS X yosemite. dan geht auch der jailbreak mit der 5.3 und alles läuft super ( bis ein untethered 6.2.1 kommt )
oder benutze El capitan ( OS X 10.11 )

http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

Beta
https://github.com/firecore/Seas0nPass/release...

This is how I do a surefire DFU evertime. Find your silver remote before starting.

Step 1. Unplug all cords from aTV2

Step 2. Plug in the micro USB into your host & aTV2

Step 3. Plug in the power to the aTV

Step 4. Immediately once the power is plugged in aTV hold the play & pause buttons until the light flash quickly on the front of the aTV2

Step 5. Jailbreak via SP

Step 6. Once the jailbreak is done DO NOT UNPLUG THE POWER FORM aTV! Remove the micro USB and hook to TV via HDMI and go thru the menu to boot it the aTV properly.

Step 7. Finish all remaining setup/apps/etc and enjoy

October 24, 2015 - 2:36pm
jeromer.7586's picture

OK. So I would say use a Mac with OS X Yosemite. Dan is also the jailbreak with the 5.3 and everything is going great (to an untethered 6.2.1 comes)
or use El Capitan (OS X 10:11)

October 24, 2015 - 2:56pm
babo's picture

Tried the second beta (860) since the first one (855) gave a "Process failed with reason: Filesystem patch failed!!" error. The second beta also gives the same error
MacBook Pro Yosemite 10.10.5. Any suggestions? I started to do a clean jailbreaking and now am stuck until I get past this stage. Thanks for any help.

October 24, 2015 - 3:05pm

I can't use Yosemite as I've never installed it. I went straight from Mavericks. I suppose I could boot off my Mavericks backup and try it from there, but I don't want to do tethered until I can use the current OS to boot it for certain (I also kind of hate to lose the newer firmware Airplay mirroring features which I don't think were on 5.3). At least I solved my ATV Gen1 issues with "hard drive sounds" (moved some stuff so I could plug it straight into a different outlet that is shared with the rest of the stereo). Feedback loop apparently eliminated.

October 24, 2015 - 4:13pm
jeromer.7586's picture

Have you tried the following?

1) try restoring to current firmware with iTunes then jailbreak with current version of seasonpass.

2) try using a different micro usb cable.

3) try plugging in power cord and micro usb cable at the same time.

4) try using a different computer.

October 24, 2015 - 4:40pm
jeromer.7586's picture

its not the first time that problem http://firecore.com/forum/topic/11111?page=2

October 24, 2015 - 9:04pm
my_music's picture

James what was the purpose of the update I tried on my Mac but it seems to hang up in restore Apple TV
Firmware

stuart mansfield

October 24, 2015 - 10:55pm
babo's picture

Yeah, I tries all the usual things. Have two macs & both came up with the same error msg. Even tries 2015, 2014, & 2013 seas0npass versions. The 2013 version got me all the way until firmware install failed. Must be something withe the operating system. I would hope this beta version would eventually work with Yosemite as well as el capitian. Does the tethered version work for everybody with the latest firmware update?

jeromer.7586 wrote:

Have you tried the following?

1) try restoring to current firmware with iTunes then jailbreak with current version of seasonpass.

2) try using a different micro usb cable.

3) try plugging in power cord and micro usb cable at the same time.

4) try using a different computer.

October 25, 2015 - 2:33am
arildh.3065's picture
Kudos: 1

After the OS 10 El capitan came I have not been able to use Airplay from any of my Apple devices, on my jailbreaked ATV (using Seas0nPass of course) For the record I got your seasOnPass beta to work perfect, thanks...

I tested Airplay from all my apple devices after updating ATV before "installing" Seas0nPass. And it worked perfect.
From my mac the Airplay is turned of, and is "greyed out" From iPhone and Pad the Apple Tv is visible, but he "same screen" option is not visible. Is there a solution to this, or is it the cost of using Seas0nPass?

October 25, 2015 - 5:46am
sqig's picture

Hello,

i have got as far as tethered boot but now have no wifi. Scan finds nothing .
I have tried to jailbreak with Seas0npass 0.9.7 twice with same results.
Any ideas?
Thank you

October 25, 2015 - 6:11am
my_music's picture

If you have the opportunity to save your firmware signatures the best firmware to downgrade 5.1 (10A406e) that's if you want a working Netflix and Hulu+ and Kodi
Simple sweet and easy to do and I still have 5.0.2 if I wanted to go back, but it didn't work with Netflix this was by far the best for me.

stuart mansfield

October 25, 2015 - 8:03am
  arildh.3065 wrote:

After the OS 10 El capitan came I have not been able to use Airplay from any of my Apple devices, on my jailbreaked ATV (using Seas0nPass of course) For the record I got your seasOnPass beta to work perfect, thanks...

I tested Airplay from all my apple devices after updating ATV before "installing" Seas0nPass. And it worked perfect.
From my mac the Airplay is turned of, and is "greyed out" From iPhone and Pad the Apple Tv is visible, but he "same screen" option is not visible. Is there a solution to this, or is it the cost of using Seas0nPass?

Are you using 5.3 firmware for the untethered jailbreak? I'm under the impression that Airplay wasn't upgraded to "mirroring" and all those tricks until after that point, but I could be wrong. The tethered jailbreak for the newest firmware should have all the Airplay bells and whistles working, assuming you can get it to work. I don't think it likes El Capitan 10.11.1 too well.

October 25, 2015 - 8:25am
my_music's picture

I have some 5.3 Apple TV's sitting around for sale here but I didn't check the AirPlay obviously I needed AirPlay to do the jailbreaks so that part at least works lol... Don't feel like upgrading my Mac Pro for a jailbreak at this point. I hope they get it worked out for everyone

stuart mansfield

October 25, 2015 - 10:19am
scp06's picture

Hello,
please can you help me, how can i update the atv black for my apple tv2. If possible, please in german. I have the problem with airplay, apple tv2 and ios 9..
Thxxx

October 25, 2015 - 10:32am
willkuer's picture

Was genau willst Du machen?

October 25, 2015 - 10:37am
Alkalain's picture

I just watched a video that says my Apple TV needs to stay connected to a power source while I plug it into my television because it is a tethered jailbreak... the problem is my iMac is a completely different room and then my 42 inch television what can I do?

October 25, 2015 - 11:18am
  Alkalain wrote:

I just watched a video that says my Apple TV needs to stay connected to a power source while I plug it into my television because it is a tethered jailbreak... the problem is my iMac is a completely different room and then my 42 inch television what can I do?

Buy a Macbook? ($1200) or perhaps forget it and just buy a FireTV? ($39) or you could just do the untethered 5.3 jailbreak for now until if/when they get the final version an untethered jailbreak. It's your choice. Life is unfair; I know.

October 25, 2015 - 11:54am
scp06's picture
  willkuer wrote:

Ich will mein aTV Flash aktualiseren. So wie ich es verstehe, kann man mit dem Update dann wieder AirPlay benutzen.

October 25, 2015 - 12:04pm
willkuer's picture
  scp06 wrote:
  willkuer wrote:

Ich will mein aTV Flash aktualiseren. So wie ich es verstehe, kann man mit dem Update dann wieder AirPlay benutzen.

Ja, genau. Wenn Du dazu bereit bist, den Jailbreak zu verlieren, dann sollst Du dein aTV einfach an PC oder Mac anschließen und Apple TV in iTunes aktualisieren . Siehe hier den letzen Artikel "Apple TV in iTunes wiederherstellen" https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202118

October 25, 2015 - 12:10pm
scp06's picture

OK dann habe ich es anders verstanden. Dachte es wäre ein Update und es bleibt danach untethered. Ist denn dafür was geplant?

October 25, 2015 - 12:10pm
jeromer.7586's picture

Nicht einfach aktualisieren !!! denke dran du musst jedes mal wen der ATV ausgeht wieder dein PC / Mac Anhängen um in wieder im Jb zu erwecken.

der aktuell Jb ist eine beta!!

und die neuste iOS über iTunes nicht installieren dan bist du eine Version zu weit oben !!!

October 25, 2015 - 12:13pm
jeromer.7586's picture

und mit der aktuelle El Capitan Osx gibt es ein paar Probleme!!

also am besten noch warten so wie ich James kenne wird es vor Weihnachten noch was tolles geben Smile
die einzige die uns da noch ein Strich durch die Rechnung machen können ist Apple das sie den Sync stoppen.

October 26, 2015 - 6:46am
jeromer.7586's picture
  Alkalain wrote:

a longer cable Smile

October 26, 2015 - 2:15pm
nasirnarli's picture

flash black 9.100 error?

October 26, 2015 - 6:52pm
my_music's picture

Sorry James but the seasonpass has some serious software errors both trying on Mac file system patches failed- windows Xp using VMware you get dfu error is there an ETA on fixes not sure why the pushed out this update when it's not even at a beta level. Firecore is better than this why can't they just use the old firmware? Or did Apple fix an exploit think people would love some real answers. All positive here but frustrating

stuart mansfield