252 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 26, 2015 - 10:07pm
my_music's picture
Kudos: 0

Good, eventually after about three tries I did get to install & jailbreak with seasonpass my Apple TV two with a brand-new 6.2.1 firmware it's tethered jailbreak with no click to untether. I used my Mac upgraded to El Capitan. But it's not possible to 5.3 jailbreak I tried everything.

stuart mansfield

October 26, 2015 - 10:21pm
Jeffryyyy's picture

After entering DFU mode, it gets stuck on "Resetting the device..."

Anyone know why?

October 26, 2015 - 10:46pm
my_music's picture

Are u using a Mac ?

stuart mansfield

October 27, 2015 - 10:43am
willkuer's picture
  my_music wrote:

Good, eventually after about three tries I did get to install & jailbreak with seasonpass my Apple TV two with a brand-new 6.2.1 firmware it's tethered jailbreak with no click to untether. I used my Mac upgraded to El Capitan. But it's not possible to 5.3 jailbreak I tried everything.

my solution for 5.3 jailbreak was to install Os X Mavericks on second partition. In Mavericks I passed it at the first attempt.

October 27, 2015 - 10:53am
bid's picture
bid

Does this mean that the memory stick Apple TV (black is now working with ICO 6.2.1

October 27, 2015 - 11:03am
bid's picture
bid

That means that the memory stick Apple TV (black is not working now with ICO 6.2.1

October 27, 2015 - 11:04am
bid's picture
bid
  bid wrote:

That means that the memory stick Apple TV (black is not working now with ICO 6.2.1

October 27, 2015 - 3:54pm
Linga Nadesalingam's picture
  james wrote:

We've made available a beta version of Seas0nPass that supports both OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and the latest 6.2.1 (iOS 7.1.2) Apple TV software on the ATV2.

Notes

• This beta is available for Mac only.
  • This version defaults to 5.3 (untethered) and you can install 6.2.1 (tethered) by right-clicking the Create IPSW button.
  • The 6.2.1 jailbreak is tethered (for now) so please ensure you know what that means before using this.

Download link
https://github.com/firecore/Seas0nPass/release...

Feel free to share feedback (works/doesn't work) in this thread.

October 27, 2015 - 4:22pm
my_music's picture
  bid wrote:

Does this mean that the memory stick Apple TV (black is now working with ICO 6.2.1

What about using windows xp VMware it's a virtual windows install didn't work for 5.3 wondering if an older version of seasonpass would work. It's a lot of work having to partion Mavericks. Any ETA on a new untether ? 6.2.1

stuart mansfield

October 27, 2015 - 10:34pm
TomTomTuning's picture
  • OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
  • Seas0nPass 0.9.7 (860)

IPSW created successfully, but I'm stuck at the teethed boot process.
I entered into DFU, it goes through the process, then gets stuck at Sending iBEC.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu...

I rebooted the AppleTV and computer, then tried it again. Same thing, it gets stuck at the same status.

Any suggestions one how to resolve this?

October 27, 2015 - 10:47pm
TomTomTuning's picture
  TomTomTuning wrote:

- OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- Seas0nPass 0.9.7 (860)

I entered into DFU, it goes through the process, then gets stuck at Sending iBEC.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu...

I rebooted the AppleTV and computer, then tried it again. Same thing, it gets stuck at the same status.

Never mind, I re-created the IPSW and re-flashed it. Tried Boot Tether again, and it worked!

October 28, 2015 - 2:07am
sqig's picture
  sqig wrote:

Hello,

i have got as far as tethered boot but now have no wifi. Scan finds nothing .
I have tried to jailbreak with Seas0npass 0.9.7 twice with same results.
Any ideas?
Thank you

I tried a few more times including doing clean install from apple but I still have no wifi.
I have gone back to 5.3 and wifi working again.
thank you

October 28, 2015 - 4:05am
bid's picture
bid
  Linga Nadesalingam wrote:
  james wrote:

We've made available a beta version of Seas0nPass that supports both OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and the latest 6.2.1 (iOS 7.1.2) Apple TV software on the ATV2.

Notes

• This beta is available for Mac only.
  • This version defaults to 5.3 (untethered) and you can install 6.2.1 (tethered) by right-clicking the Create IPSW button.
  • The 6.2.1 jailbreak is tethered (for now) so please ensure you know what that means before using this.

Download link
https://github.com/firecore/Seas0nPass/release...

Feel free to share feedback (works/doesn't work) in this thread.

Is there a way to run on windows؟

October 28, 2015 - 4:06am
bid's picture
bid
  my_music wrote:
  bid wrote:

What about using windows xp VMware it's a virtual windows install didn't work for 5.3 wondering if an older version of seasonpass would work. It's a lot of work having to partion Mavericks. Any ETA on a new untether ? 6.2.1

Is there a way to run on windows؟

October 28, 2015 - 5:23am
jeromer.7586's picture

No windows only Mac ... sorry you musst wait.

October 28, 2015 - 5:24am
jeromer.7586's picture
  TomTomTuning wrote:

- OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- Seas0nPass 0.9.7 (860)

what for a Mac you used ? > possible Air

October 28, 2015 - 5:44am
my_music's picture

James got the 6.2.1 done just fine but 5.3 is a real problem failed something shows up.
What was the reason for this update only to lose the untether 5.3 jailbreak?

stuart mansfield

October 28, 2015 - 6:00am
jeromer.7586's picture
  my_music wrote:

James got the 6.2.1 done just fine but 5.3 is a real problem failed something shows up.
What was the reason for this update only to lose the untether 5.3 jailbreak?

go back to the 5.3 its not a Problem !!!

an that hier its a BETA tester ROOM...

October 28, 2015 - 8:07am
bms270's picture

Went through the process and it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Tested with iOS9 AirPlay and all works fine. Thanks a million for this update.. Looking forward to the untethered..

Can I install Kodi on this version?

October 28, 2015 - 8:16am
TomTomTuning's picture
  bms270 wrote:

Went through the process and it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Tested with iOS9 AirPlay and all works fine. Thanks a million for this update.. Looking forward to the untethered..

I was able to install Kodi, and then TVAddons... But overall Kodi has been very buggy. There is some UI lags, occasional video skipping, and crashing as well. I will play around with Kodi again this afternoon and see if it's usable.

October 28, 2015 - 8:21am
bms270's picture
  TomTomTuning wrote:
  bms270 wrote:

I was able to install Kodi, and then TVAddons... But overall Kodi has been very buggy. There is some UI lags, occasional video skipping, and crashing as well. I will play around with Kodi again this afternoon and see if it's usable.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go ahead and try it here too. Its unfortunate that Kodi is no longer being updated..

October 28, 2015 - 9:26am
bms270's picture
  bms270 wrote:
  TomTomTuning wrote:
  bms270 wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go ahead and try it here too. Its unfortunate that Kodi is no longer being updated..

XBMC (Kodi) installed without any issues. Streaming perfectly fine.. Thanks again for all the awesome work you guys have put into this.

October 28, 2015 - 11:04am
bid's picture
bid

I need a video explaining how to install aTV Flash black Windows:
Tak ..

October 28, 2015 - 11:40am
DasMonx's picture
  bid wrote:

I need a video explaining how to install aTV Flash black Windows:
Tak ..

Beta is mack only afaik

October 28, 2015 - 12:20pm
walterv.0708's picture

Installing seems a bit like hit and miss at the moment. For now I'll skip the upgrade.

October 28, 2015 - 12:54pm
arildh.3065's picture
Kudos: 1
  MagnusVonMagnum wrote:
  arildh.3065 wrote:

After the OS 10 El capitan came I have not been able to use Airplay from any of my Apple devices, on my jailbreaked ATV (using Seas0nPass of course) For the record I got your seasOnPass beta to work perfect, thanks...

I tested Airplay from all my apple devices after updating ATV before "installing" Seas0nPass. And it worked perfect.
From my mac the Airplay is turned of, and is "greyed out" From iPhone and Pad the Apple Tv is visible, but he "same screen" option is not visible. Is there a solution to this, or is it the cost of using Seas0nPass?

Are you using 5.3 firmware for the untethered jailbreak? I'm under the impression that Airplay wasn't upgraded to "mirroring" and all those tricks until after that point, but I could be wrong. The tethered jailbreak for the newest firmware should have all the Airplay bells and whistles working, assuming you can get it to work. I don't think it likes El Capitan 10.11.1 too well.

Yes 5.3 for the unt.... jailb... the problem started when El capitan came, or rather el captan tighter with the Jailbreak, Maybe I am doing something wrong, so if you have some tips I am all ears. I only know that airplay worked with the jailbreaked ATV before El capitan came, and it works without the jailbreaking.

October 28, 2015 - 1:34pm
bms270's picture
  arildh.3065 wrote:
  MagnusVonMagnum wrote:
  arildh.3065 wrote:

After the OS 10 El capitan came I have not been able to use Airplay from any of my Apple devices, on my jailbreaked ATV (using Seas0nPass of course) For the record I got your seasOnPass beta to work perfect, thanks...

I tested Airplay from all my apple devices after updating ATV before "installing" Seas0nPass. And it worked perfect.
From my mac the Airplay is turned of, and is "greyed out" From iPhone and Pad the Apple Tv is visible, but he "same screen" option is not visible. Is there a solution to this, or is it the cost of using Seas0nPass?

Are you using 5.3 firmware for the untethered jailbreak? I'm under the impression that Airplay wasn't upgraded to "mirroring" and all those tricks until after that point, but I could be wrong. The tethered jailbreak for the newest firmware should have all the Airplay bells and whistles working, assuming you can get it to work. I don't think it likes El Capitan 10.11.1 too well.

Yes 5.3 for the unt.... jailb... the problem started when El capitan came, or rather el captan tighter with the Jailbreak, Maybe I am doing something wrong, so if you have some tips I am all ears. I only know that airplay worked with the jailbreaked ATV before El capitan came, and it works without the jailbreaking.

iOS9 (iPhone/iPad) Airplay mirroring does not work with 5.3 AppleTV. In order to get it work you should update to 6.2.1 which is what this thread is all about. Are you getting any errors during this process?

October 28, 2015 - 4:56pm
Chriek's picture

So I updated my ATV2 today to the latest firmware and tried jailbreaking it with Seas0npass 0.9.7 on my Mac (OSX 10.11.1). It comes to the stage where I put it in DFU mode, but a while later I get the error "Failed to reset USB counters.". Why is this? Tried to downgrade and jailbreak the previous version but once there I get an other error, "Filesystem patches failed". So now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

October 28, 2015 - 8:21pm
bms270's picture
  Chriek wrote:

So I updated my ATV2 today to the latest firmware and tried jailbreaking it with Seas0npass 0.9.7 on my Mac (OSX 10.11.1). It comes to the stage where I put it in DFU mode, but a while later I get the error "Failed to reset USB counters.". Why is this? Tried to downgrade and jailbreak the previous version but once there I get an other error, "Filesystem patches failed". So now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

You shouldn't have updated the ATV before jailbreak. AFAIK this process works only when you are running 5.3. I am not sure how you can downgrade now. Maybe someone else can help you here..

October 29, 2015 - 3:20am
Chriek's picture
  bms270 wrote:
  Chriek wrote:

Any suggestions?

You shouldn't have updated the ATV before jailbreak. AFAIK this process works only when you are running 5.3. I am not sure how you can downgrade now. Maybe someone else can help you here..

Why shouldn't I update before the jailbreak? How else would I get a hold of the newest iOS then without updating? It was jailbroken before as well. I have successfully downgraded now but gets the error when I try to jailbreak the older iOS as well.