252 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 26, 2015 - 10:07pm
my_music's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Kudos: 0

Good, eventually after about three tries I did get to install & jailbreak with seasonpass my Apple TV two with a brand-new 6.2.1 firmware it's tethered jailbreak with no click to untether. I used my Mac upgraded to El Capitan. But it's not possible to 5.3 jailbreak I tried everything.

stuart mansfield

  October 26, 2015 - 10:21pm
Jeffryyyy's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0

After entering DFU mode, it gets stuck on "Resetting the device..."

Anyone know why?

  October 26, 2015 - 10:46pm
my_music's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Kudos: 0

Are u using a Mac ?

stuart mansfield

  October 27, 2015 - 10:43am
willkuer's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Kudos: 0
  my_music wrote:

Good, eventually after about three tries I did get to install & jailbreak with seasonpass my Apple TV two with a brand-new 6.2.1 firmware it's tethered jailbreak with no click to untether. I used my Mac upgraded to El Capitan. But it's not possible to 5.3 jailbreak I tried everything.

my solution for 5.3 jailbreak was to install Os X Mavericks on second partition. In Mavericks I passed it at the first attempt.

  October 27, 2015 - 10:53am
bid's picture
bid
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

Does this mean that the memory stick Apple TV (black is now working with ICO 6.2.1

  October 27, 2015 - 11:03am
bid's picture
bid
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

That means that the memory stick Apple TV (black is not working now with ICO 6.2.1

  October 27, 2015 - 11:04am
bid's picture
bid
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  bid wrote:

That means that the memory stick Apple TV (black is not working now with ICO 6.2.1

  October 27, 2015 - 3:54pm
Linga Nadesalingam's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

We've made available a beta version of Seas0nPass that supports both OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and the latest 6.2.1 (iOS 7.1.2) Apple TV software on the ATV2.

Notes

  • This beta is available for Mac only.
  • This version defaults to 5.3 (untethered) and you can install 6.2.1 (tethered) by right-clicking the Create IPSW button.
  • The 6.2.1 jailbreak is tethered (for now) so please ensure you know what that means before using this.

Download link
https://github.com/firecore/Seas0nPass/release...

Feel free to share feedback (works/doesn't work) in this thread.

  October 27, 2015 - 4:22pm
my_music's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Kudos: 0
  bid wrote:

Does this mean that the memory stick Apple TV (black is now working with ICO 6.2.1

What about using windows xp VMware it's a virtual windows install didn't work for 5.3 wondering if an older version of seasonpass would work. It's a lot of work having to partion Mavericks. Any ETA on a new untether ? 6.2.1

stuart mansfield

  October 27, 2015 - 10:34pm
TomTomTuning's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  • OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
  • Seas0nPass 0.9.7 (860)

IPSW created successfully, but I'm stuck at the teethed boot process.
I entered into DFU, it goes through the process, then gets stuck at Sending iBEC.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu...

I rebooted the AppleTV and computer, then tried it again. Same thing, it gets stuck at the same status.

Any suggestions one how to resolve this?

  October 27, 2015 - 10:47pm
TomTomTuning's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  TomTomTuning wrote:

- OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- Seas0nPass 0.9.7 (860)

IPSW created successfully, but I'm stuck at the teethed boot process.
I entered into DFU, it goes through the process, then gets stuck at Sending iBEC.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu...

I rebooted the AppleTV and computer, then tried it again. Same thing, it gets stuck at the same status.

Any suggestions one how to resolve this?

Never mind, I re-created the IPSW and re-flashed it. Tried Boot Tether again, and it worked!

  October 28, 2015 - 2:07am
sqig's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
Kudos: 0
  sqig wrote:

Hello,

i have got as far as tethered boot but now have no wifi. Scan finds nothing .
I have tried to jailbreak with Seas0npass 0.9.7 twice with same results.
Any ideas?
Thank you

I tried a few more times including doing clean install from apple but I still have no wifi.
I have gone back to 5.3 and wifi working again.
thank you

  October 28, 2015 - 4:05am
bid's picture
bid
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  Linga Nadesalingam wrote:
  james wrote:

We've made available a beta version of Seas0nPass that supports both OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and the latest 6.2.1 (iOS 7.1.2) Apple TV software on the ATV2.

Notes

  • This beta is available for Mac only.
  • This version defaults to 5.3 (untethered) and you can install 6.2.1 (tethered) by right-clicking the Create IPSW button.
  • The 6.2.1 jailbreak is tethered (for now) so please ensure you know what that means before using this.

Download link
https://github.com/firecore/Seas0nPass/release...

Feel free to share feedback (works/doesn't work) in this thread.

Is there a way to run on windows؟

  October 28, 2015 - 4:06am
bid's picture
bid
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  my_music wrote:
  bid wrote:

Does this mean that the memory stick Apple TV (black is now working with ICO 6.2.1

What about using windows xp VMware it's a virtual windows install didn't work for 5.3 wondering if an older version of seasonpass would work. It's a lot of work having to partion Mavericks. Any ETA on a new untether ? 6.2.1

Is there a way to run on windows؟

  October 28, 2015 - 5:23am
jeromer.7586's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0

No windows only Mac ... sorry you musst wait.

  October 28, 2015 - 5:24am
jeromer.7586's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0
  TomTomTuning wrote:

- OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- Seas0nPass 0.9.7 (860)

IPSW created successfully, but I'm stuck at the teethed boot process.
I entered into DFU, it goes through the process, then gets stuck at Sending iBEC.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu...

I rebooted the AppleTV and computer, then tried it again. Same thing, it gets stuck at the same status.

Any suggestions one how to resolve this?

what for a Mac you used ? > possible Air

  October 28, 2015 - 5:44am
my_music's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Kudos: 0

James got the 6.2.1 done just fine but 5.3 is a real problem failed something shows up.
What was the reason for this update only to lose the untether 5.3 jailbreak?

stuart mansfield

  October 28, 2015 - 6:00am
jeromer.7586's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0
  my_music wrote:

James got the 6.2.1 done just fine but 5.3 is a real problem failed something shows up.
What was the reason for this update only to lose the untether 5.3 jailbreak?

go back to the 5.3 its not a Problem !!!

an that hier its a BETA tester ROOM...

  October 28, 2015 - 8:07am
bms270's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

Went through the process and it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Tested with iOS9 AirPlay and all works fine. Thanks a million for this update.. Looking forward to the untethered..

Can I install Kodi on this version?

  October 28, 2015 - 8:16am
TomTomTuning's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  bms270 wrote:

Went through the process and it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Tested with iOS9 AirPlay and all works fine. Thanks a million for this update.. Looking forward to the untethered..

Can I install Kodi on this version?

I was able to install Kodi, and then TVAddons... But overall Kodi has been very buggy. There is some UI lags, occasional video skipping, and crashing as well. I will play around with Kodi again this afternoon and see if it's usable.

  October 28, 2015 - 8:21am
bms270's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  TomTomTuning wrote:
  bms270 wrote:

Went through the process and it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Tested with iOS9 AirPlay and all works fine. Thanks a million for this update.. Looking forward to the untethered..

Can I install Kodi on this version?

I was able to install Kodi, and then TVAddons... But overall Kodi has been very buggy. There is some UI lags, occasional video skipping, and crashing as well. I will play around with Kodi again this afternoon and see if it's usable.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go ahead and try it here too. Its unfortunate that Kodi is no longer being updated..

  October 28, 2015 - 9:26am
bms270's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  bms270 wrote:
  TomTomTuning wrote:
  bms270 wrote:

Went through the process and it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Tested with iOS9 AirPlay and all works fine. Thanks a million for this update.. Looking forward to the untethered..

Can I install Kodi on this version?

I was able to install Kodi, and then TVAddons... But overall Kodi has been very buggy. There is some UI lags, occasional video skipping, and crashing as well. I will play around with Kodi again this afternoon and see if it's usable.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go ahead and try it here too. Its unfortunate that Kodi is no longer being updated..

XBMC (Kodi) installed without any issues. Streaming perfectly fine.. Thanks again for all the awesome work you guys have put into this.

  October 28, 2015 - 11:04am
bid's picture
bid
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0

I need a video explaining how to install aTV Flash black Windows:
Tak ..

  October 28, 2015 - 11:40am
DasMonx's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Kudos: 0
  bid wrote:

I need a video explaining how to install aTV Flash black Windows:
Tak ..

Beta is mack only afaik

  October 28, 2015 - 12:20pm
walterv.0708's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0

Installing seems a bit like hit and miss at the moment. For now I'll skip the upgrade.

  October 28, 2015 - 12:54pm
arildh.3065's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Kudos: 1
  MagnusVonMagnum wrote:
  arildh.3065 wrote:

After the OS 10 El capitan came I have not been able to use Airplay from any of my Apple devices, on my jailbreaked ATV (using Seas0nPass of course) For the record I got your seasOnPass beta to work perfect, thanks...

I tested Airplay from all my apple devices after updating ATV before "installing" Seas0nPass. And it worked perfect.
From my mac the Airplay is turned of, and is "greyed out" From iPhone and Pad the Apple Tv is visible, but he "same screen" option is not visible. Is there a solution to this, or is it the cost of using Seas0nPass?

Are you using 5.3 firmware for the untethered jailbreak? I'm under the impression that Airplay wasn't upgraded to "mirroring" and all those tricks until after that point, but I could be wrong. The tethered jailbreak for the newest firmware should have all the Airplay bells and whistles working, assuming you can get it to work. I don't think it likes El Capitan 10.11.1 too well.

Yes 5.3 for the unt.... jailb... the problem started when El capitan came, or rather el captan tighter with the Jailbreak, Maybe I am doing something wrong, so if you have some tips I am all ears. I only know that airplay worked with the jailbreaked ATV before El capitan came, and it works without the jailbreaking.

  October 28, 2015 - 1:34pm
bms270's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  arildh.3065 wrote:
  MagnusVonMagnum wrote:
  arildh.3065 wrote:

After the OS 10 El capitan came I have not been able to use Airplay from any of my Apple devices, on my jailbreaked ATV (using Seas0nPass of course) For the record I got your seasOnPass beta to work perfect, thanks...

I tested Airplay from all my apple devices after updating ATV before "installing" Seas0nPass. And it worked perfect.
From my mac the Airplay is turned of, and is "greyed out" From iPhone and Pad the Apple Tv is visible, but he "same screen" option is not visible. Is there a solution to this, or is it the cost of using Seas0nPass?

Are you using 5.3 firmware for the untethered jailbreak? I'm under the impression that Airplay wasn't upgraded to "mirroring" and all those tricks until after that point, but I could be wrong. The tethered jailbreak for the newest firmware should have all the Airplay bells and whistles working, assuming you can get it to work. I don't think it likes El Capitan 10.11.1 too well.

Yes 5.3 for the unt.... jailb... the problem started when El capitan came, or rather el captan tighter with the Jailbreak, Maybe I am doing something wrong, so if you have some tips I am all ears. I only know that airplay worked with the jailbreaked ATV before El capitan came, and it works without the jailbreaking.

iOS9 (iPhone/iPad) Airplay mirroring does not work with 5.3 AppleTV. In order to get it work you should update to 6.2.1 which is what this thread is all about. Are you getting any errors during this process?

  October 28, 2015 - 4:56pm
Chriek's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0

So I updated my ATV2 today to the latest firmware and tried jailbreaking it with Seas0npass 0.9.7 on my Mac (OSX 10.11.1). It comes to the stage where I put it in DFU mode, but a while later I get the error "Failed to reset USB counters.". Why is this? Tried to downgrade and jailbreak the previous version but once there I get an other error, "Filesystem patches failed". So now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

  October 28, 2015 - 8:21pm
bms270's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Kudos: 0
  Chriek wrote:

So I updated my ATV2 today to the latest firmware and tried jailbreaking it with Seas0npass 0.9.7 on my Mac (OSX 10.11.1). It comes to the stage where I put it in DFU mode, but a while later I get the error "Failed to reset USB counters.". Why is this? Tried to downgrade and jailbreak the previous version but once there I get an other error, "Filesystem patches failed". So now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

You shouldn't have updated the ATV before jailbreak. AFAIK this process works only when you are running 5.3. I am not sure how you can downgrade now. Maybe someone else can help you here..

  October 29, 2015 - 3:20am
Chriek's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Kudos: 0
  bms270 wrote:
  Chriek wrote:

So I updated my ATV2 today to the latest firmware and tried jailbreaking it with Seas0npass 0.9.7 on my Mac (OSX 10.11.1). It comes to the stage where I put it in DFU mode, but a while later I get the error "Failed to reset USB counters.". Why is this? Tried to downgrade and jailbreak the previous version but once there I get an other error, "Filesystem patches failed". So now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

You shouldn't have updated the ATV before jailbreak. AFAIK this process works only when you are running 5.3. I am not sure how you can downgrade now. Maybe someone else can help you here..

Why shouldn't I update before the jailbreak? How else would I get a hold of the newest iOS then without updating? It was jailbroken before as well. I have successfully downgraded now but gets the error when I try to jailbreak the older iOS as well.