463 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 17, 2015 - 2:59pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,129

We’re continuously working on new features and improvements for Infuse, and a sneak peek at some of the things we have planned can be found below. A complete history of past releases can be found here.

We’d love to hear about any other suggestions you may have, so please feel free to browse the Suggestions section to upvote items, or start a new thread with your own ideas. Thanks!

Note: Infuse Pro subscribers receive new updates automatically. Wink

6.1.6 (iOS available now, tvOS releasing soon)

• Background indexing (and downloads) on iOS/tvOS 13
  • Updated and optimized for iOS/tvOS 13
  • Support for AV1 videos
  • Support for 3rd party subtitle fonts on iOS 13
  • New 'Auto' option for dark/light mode switching on iOS
  • Improved Google Cast streaming
  • Improved audio sync for AC3/E-AC3 audio
  • Improved streaming/buffering of HDR videos
  • Improved HDR > SDR tone mapping
  • Improved SMB streaming
  • Improved frame rate switching
  • Improved localizations
  • Many minor under-the-hood improvements

Note: Infuse 6.1.6 will require iOS/tvOS 12 or later, and some features will require iOS/tvOS 13.

6.2 (in progress)

• Custom playlists
  • Loop/shuffle
  • Add/remove items to watchlist
  • Many other improvements

6.3 (pending)

• Philips Hue
  • HomeKit

6.4 (pending)

• Multi-user support
  • Additional Library filters (by actor, director, etc...)

Planned

• Dolby Atmos (more info)
  • Variable-speed playback
  • Trakt collections
  • Versatile transcoding options for Plex
  • Revamped star ratings display
  • Emby support
  • Sleep timer
  • Profanity filter for subtitles
  • Additional cloud provides
  • Many other exciting improvements
  November 17, 2015 - 3:16pm
gstar3's picture
Kudos: 2

Located my movies folder and then waited for metadata to load. After successfully loading the metadata went back into my movies list however the movie disappeared.

November 17, 2015 - 3:18pm
gstar3's picture
Kudos: 2

Also I know this is just a beta but I'm hoping for a watched/unwatched list and maybe a liabrary to search by genre. Also Siri integration?

November 17, 2015 - 3:19pm
senator's picture
Kudos: 0

when i click on a file on my windows share (avi, mov, etc.), the movie does not begin to play!

November 17, 2015 - 3:21pm
XereX's picture
Kudos: 1

Hello guys.

• Metadata covers from the file, is not passed onto the “folder” containing the file by default. Instead, it just shows the standard folder thumbnail. All folders are named as “The Movie Name (Year)” I would expect this, as every single folder only contains a single movie file.
  • When opening a folder containing a single video file, it is always displayed as two files in the folder.
  • "Sort by date" in the settings, does not sort by date correctly. If a newer folder exists (by looking at the folder “created" date, or the "last changed” date, it somehow gets sorted elsewhere in my experience.
  • Opening a source with multiple folders seems a bit slow. Could it be “cached” somehow?
  November 17, 2015 - 3:21pm
james's picture
Staff
  senator wrote:

when i click on a file on my windows share (avi, mov, etc.), the movie does not begin to play!

It sounds like you are the favorite selection screen, which is a bit confusing right now if you're using a language other than English.

This screen is actually only designed for selecting favorites. Favorites are what are shown in the main menu, and how you would actually access the video files.

To select a favorite, highlight a particular folder and hold the touch pad button until the popup appears.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 17, 2015 - 3:22pm
james's picture
Staff
  gstar3 wrote:

Also I know this is just a beta but I'm hoping for a watched/unwatched list and maybe a liabrary to search by genre. Also Siri integration?

All are planned for a future version. Smile

November 17, 2015 - 3:25pm
james's picture
Staff
  XereX wrote:

Hello guys.

• Metadata covers from the file, is not passed onto the “folder” containing the file by default. Instead, it just shows the standard folder thumbnail. All folders are named as “The Movie Name (Year)” I would expect this, as every single folder only contains a single movie file.
  • When opening a folder containing a single video file, it is always displayed as two files in the folder.

Do you by chance have more that one video in these folders, like a trailer perhaps? Any other files?

XereX wrote:

- "Sort by date" in the settings, does not sort by date correctly. If a newer folder exists (by looking at the folder “created" date, or the "last changed” date, it somehow gets sorted elsewhere in my experience.

I believe sort by date only applies to actual files, at least for now.

XereX wrote:

- Opening a source with multiple folders seems a bit slow. Could it be “cached” somehow?

This will depend a bit of your Wi-Fi signal strength. How many folders are we talking about, and how long is the loading time?

November 17, 2015 - 3:26pm
Fabc's picture

I can help for French translation if you want, and for issues that I've noticed, I have no idea how to connect my Trakt.tv account, but I'll try in English, it will maybe make more sense...

I also have some error loading files with the "Dolby on HDMI" option enabled, an error message appears and after it plays the file but with a constant buzzing sound. When the option is disabled, files are working fine.

And also I don't know if it's a bug or a feature (as it's also like that on iPhone/iPad app), but after loading metadata for some tv shows, these folders are at the end of the list, separated from the folders that are not treated yet. Is there any way to add an option to force the alphabetical order even for folders with no metadata?

But it's working really great for a first beta, well done!

November 17, 2015 - 3:27pm
XereX's picture
  • A folder containing a show with multiple seasons, does not show metadata in the favorites view. It seems as if only shows with one season, shows up as intended with metadata covers. But when opening the folder for the show with multiple seasons. All seasons does show a cover attached to the specific season.
  November 17, 2015 - 3:32pm
liebra's picture

So far, I am satisfied. Adding a few favorites worked well. Metadata was added fast. Playing a movie starts really quick.
What I miss is:
- background picture on tv-show
- option to choose subtitle size in pts instead of small/middle/big
- smaller favorite buttons on home screen, sommore will fit without scrolling.

But overall: very great job, worth the wait

niceday1's picture

A few comments...

1. How do load/add subtitles during playback of a movie?
  2. When you reach the bottom of your movie library (Z) why does it stop and not scroll back to A?, it takes forever to scroll back to the top again.
  3. The metadata edit feature is much better and easier to select the correct title. I only had maybe 10 were incorrect from a library of over 700 movies.
  4. It would be nice if you could add some artwork for the "Share" (Favourites) folder, a large box with a "Star" for them all is rather bland.
  5. I also preferred the "share" folders to be displayed at the very top of the main screen, rather than having to click to go back each time. (as in old ATV 2)
  6. I preferred the metadata artwork to be displayed against a Black background rather than the mid grey. (as in old ATV 2)
  7. It would be nice if you could refine the library by Genre, Year, Decade etc..
  8. It is possible to add the resolution (720, 1080p etc..) of the movie somewhere? maybe where the "Play" "Edit" "Rate" is?

That's it for now, I will start checking playback and any other issues...

willynanita's picture
  XereX wrote:

- A folder containing a show with multiple seasons, does not show metadata in the favorites view. It seems as if only shows with one season, shows up as intended with metadata covers. But when opening the folder for the show with multiple seasons. All seasons does show a cover attached to the specific season.

Same thing here.

November 17, 2015 - 3:57pm
XereX's picture
  james wrote:
  XereX wrote:

Hello guys.

Do you by chance have more that one video in these folders, like a trailer perhaps? Any other files?

No, i checked this.
All folders only contain a single file. And some folders contain subtitles too.

james wrote:
  XereX wrote:
  • "Sort by date" in the settings, does not sort by date correctly. If a newer folder exists (by looking at the folder “created" date, or the "last changed” date, it somehow gets sorted elsewhere in my experience.
  • I believe sort by date only applies to actual files, at least for now.

Ok, that explains it then. Smile

james wrote:
      XereX wrote:
  • Opening a source with multiple folders seems a bit slow. Could it be “cached” somehow?
  • This will depend a bit of your Wi-Fi signal strength. How many folders are we talking about, and how long is the loading time?

Above 1000 folders in a single source. The source is on a gigabit ethernet connection, and the ATV4 is using WIFI 5Ghz band with an above 300 mbit download and upload speed ( I checked ) as the 100Mbit ethernet on the device seems is slower.
    The Loadtime is about 25 seconds long....

November 17, 2015 - 3:37pm
    willynanita's picture

Search by folder name would be great. Right now all of the movies that are not being recognized is because it is searching embedded data on the file? Names don't appear as the file name, I have to edit and fix the metadata.

November 17, 2015 - 3:38pm
    senator's picture

thanks James, is now working!!

james wrote:
      senator wrote:

It sounds like you are the favorite selection screen, which is a bit confusing right now if you're using a language other than English.

This screen is actually only designed for selecting favorites. Favorites are what are shown in the main menu, and how you would actually access the video files.

To select a favorite, highlight a particular folder and hold the touch pad button until the popup appears.

November 17, 2015 - 3:39pm
    Zach_manchester's picture

So far so good!

Would like:

List View. This would make scrolling through large numbers of files much quicker. This is already an option in iOS version.

Don't sort folders then files. Have them continuous, so everything is in strict alphabetical order.

Other than that, I love it!

November 17, 2015 - 3:40pm
    willynanita's picture

TV Shows with more than one season are shown as simple folders.
    Those folders are taken into account when sorting by date, they're always at the top.

November 17, 2015 - 3:42pm
    richard_browne's picture

Installed and working here. A technical question if I may... When I play non-H.264 video, does Infuse have to transcode to H.264 first, or can it send decoded video direct to the HDMI?

In other words if I play an MPEG-2 or AVI for example, is it:

a/ MyVideo.avi -> Infuse -> H.264 -> HDMI, or

b/ MyVideo.avi -> Infuse -> HDMI

Curious to know if Apple lets you send raw video out or only H.264.

November 17, 2015 - 4:08pm
    irfan22's picture

Not on the beta but I've heard that the app does not respond to the 10 second forward/remind feature when you touch the glass trackpad to the left and right. Well this feature be added before the release. This seems like an essential feature.

November 17, 2015 - 4:12pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      Fabc wrote:

I can help for French translation if you want, and for issues that I've noticed, I have no idea how to connect my Trakt.tv account, but I'll try in English, it will maybe make more sense...!

Many features should make more sense when using English. Naturally, we'll have everything translated for an official release. Smile

Fabc wrote:

I also have some error loading files with the "Dolby on HDMI" option enabled, an error message appears and after it plays the file but with a constant buzzing sound. When the option is disabled, files are working fine.!

With Dolby/DTS over HDMI enabled, Infuse will send the unchanged Dolby/DTS audio to your TV receive. If you're hearing buzzing, then it's likely the device connected to your Apple TV doesn't support this audio format, and disabling the setting is recommended.

Fabc wrote:

And also I don't know if it's a bug or a feature (as it's also like that on iPhone/iPad app), but after loading metadata for some tv shows, these folders are at the end of the list, separated from the folders that are not treated yet. Is there any way to add an option to force the alphabetical order even for folders with no metadata?!

Right now Infuse will display folders first, then movies, then tv shows, then everything else.

Fabc wrote:

But it's working really great for a first beta, well done!

Thanks! Wink

November 17, 2015 - 4:14pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      XereX wrote:

- A folder containing a show with multiple seasons, does not show metadata in the favorites view. It seems as if only shows with one season, shows up as intended with metadata covers. But when opening the folder for the show with multiple seasons. All seasons does show a cover attached to the specific season.

Infuse does support showing metadata for a series, with seasons inside, but you would need to organize your shows in a format with each season in it's own folder (Series/Season x/files).

E.G.

Lost/Season 1/Lost.S01.E07.mkv

November 17, 2015 - 4:17pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      liebra wrote:

So far, I am satisfied. Adding a few favorites worked well. Metadata was added fast. Playing a movie starts really quick.
    What I miss is:
    - background picture on tv-show
    - option to choose subtitle size in pts instead of small/middle/big
    - smaller favorite buttons on home screen, sommore will fit without scrolling.

But overall: very great job, worth the wait

Thanks. #1 and 3 are already in the works. We'll look into #2.

November 17, 2015 - 4:17pm
    JarvisMeier's picture
    Beta Tester
    Kudos: 43

I'm not getting any DTS-HD MA/Dolby TrueHD Passthrough. It only plays DTS core and standard dolby digital. I have DTS/Dolby Over HDMI set to on.

Tried on files served over Plex DLNA and direct through SMB.

November 17, 2015 - 4:21pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      niceday1 wrote:

A few comments...

1. How do load/add subtitles during playback of a movie?

You can add/select subtitles through the playback settings menu. Swipe down while a video is playing to access this.

niceday1 wrote:

2. When you reach the bottom of your movie library (Z) why does it stop and not scroll back to A?, it takes forever to scroll back to the top again.

Good suggestion. Smile

niceday1 wrote:

3. The metadata edit feature is much better and easier to select the correct title. I only had maybe 10 were incorrect from a library of over 700 movies.

Great!

niceday1 wrote:

4. It would be nice if you could add some artwork for the "Share" (Favorites) folder, a large box with a "Star" for them all is rather bland.

It's something we're planning to look into after the initial release.

niceday1 wrote:

5. I also preferred the "share" folders to be displayed at the very top of the main screen, rather than having to click to go back each time. (as in old ATV 2)

Thanks for the feedback.

niceday1 wrote:

6. I preferred the metadata artwork to be displayed against a Black background rather than the mid grey. (as in old ATV 2)

A dark mode, like on iOS, is in the works for 4.1 or 4.2.

niceday1 wrote:

7. It would be nice if you could refine the library by Genre, Year, Decade etc..

In the works for a future update.

niceday1 wrote:

8. It is possible to add the resolution (720, 1080p etc..) of the movie somewhere? maybe where the "Play" "Edit" "Rate" is?

We'll look into it.

niceday1 wrote:

That's it for now, I will start checking playback and any other issues...

Thanks! Wink

November 17, 2015 - 4:22pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      willynanita wrote:

Search by folder name would be great. Right now all of the movies that are not being recognized is because it is searching embedded data on the file? Names don't appear as the file name, I have to edit and fix the metadata.

We're planing to add the filename to the edit metadata page.

November 17, 2015 - 4:24pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      Zach_manchester wrote:

So far so good!

Would like:

List View. This would make scrolling through large numbers of files much quicker. This is already an option in iOS version.

Don't sort folders then files. Have them continuous, so everything is in strict alphabetical order.

Other than that, I love it!

Thanks for the feedback. Smile

November 17, 2015 - 4:24pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      willynanita wrote:

TV Shows with more than one season are shown as simple folders.
    Those folders are taken into account when sorting by date, they're always at the top.

Are you using one of the supported folder structures?
    http://support.firecore.com/entries/23704917-M...

November 17, 2015 - 4:27pm
    james's picture
    Staff
      richard_browne wrote:

Installed and working here. A technical question if I may... When I play non-H.264 video, does Infuse have to transcode to H.264 first, or can it send decoded video direct to the HDMI?

In other words if I play an MPEG-2 or AVI for example, is it:

a/ MyVideo.avi -> Infuse -> H.264 -> HDMI, or

b/ MyVideo.avi -> Infuse -> HDMI

Curious to know if Apple lets you send raw video out or only H.264.

Everything needs to be decoded, no matter the format.

Some formats (like h.264) are eligible for HW decoding, which is inherently better than the fallback of SW based decoding. This has a more noticeable difference on mobile devices, as HW decoding will greatly extend battery life.

TotteAnnerbrink's picture

Working pretty good so far but I have som minor stuttering (inconsistent framerate) when playing bigger files around 20-30GB.

Other that that I would like:
    - Have one folder for movies and one for series containing and gathering files from multiple sources (folders).
    - More subtitle size options.
    - The ability to pick different artwork covers.

Keep up the good work!

Neerup's picture

Will there be support for deleting files? or at least a visual clue for watched/unwatched movies?
    Great first beta by the way...