463 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 17, 2015 - 4:28pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,099
  irfan22 wrote:

Not on the beta but I've heard that the app does not respond to the 10 second forward/remind feature when you touch the glass trackpad to the left and right. Well this feature be added before the release. This seems like an essential feature.

It's something we're working to add.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 17, 2015 - 4:38pm
metatronLAW's picture
Kudos: 0

First of all I'm loving the beta! Great job guys.

The only issues i have at the minute is with metadata, id like to be able to choose which artwork cover is used (from theTVDB selection). Is this something planned?
I've tried putting my own "folder.jpg" in for TV series which shows at first, but as soon as it gathers the metadata for that show it overwrites my "folder.jpg" image, is that the desired behaviour? i would expect my file to overwrite the artwork.

Another little thing, when you select a TV series, it shows the list of episodes at the bottom that you can scroll through, but the episode information doesn't change until you click that episode. It would be nice that the episode information changed as you scrolled through the episodes rather than have to click on the episode to get the information. This is something that the PLEX app currently does.

Great job though! Am loving it so far

November 17, 2015 - 4:43pm
MrBMT's picture

I created a few SMB network shares with 55 or so movies and a few TV series (including ones that have multiple seasons), all were identified correctly, metadata was correctly picked up, etc. Subtitles selection works nicely, as does selecting from multiple audio steams. Just watched an episode of Supernatural and it worked perfectly.

As you said, there are various missing labels at the moment (even for a UK English Apple TV) but that's no issue!

Very nice job, seems great so far! Smile

November 17, 2015 - 4:49pm
MrBMT's picture

One thing - I just noticed you've got auto-resume support (so if you stop watching,then come back later, select the file and click play it starts from where you left off).
This will obviously be useful the vast majority of the time, but would it perhaps be possible to have a Play (Resume) and Play (From start) option perhaps?

November 17, 2015 - 4:52pm
james's picture
Staff
  metatronLAW wrote:

First of all I'm loving the beta! Great job guys.

The only issues i have at the minute is with metadata, id like to be able to choose which artwork cover is used (from theTVDB selection). Is this something planned?
I've tried putting my own "folder.jpg" in for TV series which shows at first, but as soon as it gathers the metadata for that show it overwrites my "folder.jpg" image, is that the desired behaviour? i would expect my file to overwrite the artwork.

Another little thing, when you select a TV series, it shows the list of episodes at the bottom that you can scroll through, but the episode information doesn't change until you click that episode. It would be nice that the episode information changed as you scrolled through the episodes rather than have to click on the episode to get the information. This is something that the PLEX app currently does.

Great job though! Am loving it so far

Thanks for the feedback.

Right now Infuse will use the top rated poster/fanart image. A way to select an image manually may be added in the future.

November 17, 2015 - 4:52pm
james's picture
Staff
  MrBMT wrote:

I created a few SMB network shares with 55 or so movies and a few TV series (including ones that have multiple seasons), all were identified correctly, metadata was correctly picked up, etc. Subtitles selection works nicely, as does selecting from multiple audio steams. Just watched an episode of Supernatural and it worked perfectly.

As you said, there are various missing labels at the moment (even for a UK English Apple TV) but that's no issue!

Very nice job, seems great so far! Smile

Great to hear! Smile

November 17, 2015 - 4:53pm
james's picture
Staff
  MrBMT wrote:

One thing - I just noticed you've got auto-resume support (so if you stop watching,then come back later, select the file and click play it starts from where you left off).
This will obviously be useful the vast majority of the time, but would it perhaps be possible to have a Play (Resume) and Play (From start) option perhaps?

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll probably look at adding something like this in 4.1.

November 17, 2015 - 5:05pm
Lezz's picture
Kudos: 5

Whoops, I saw the tweet after i got the TestFlight email and started submitting feedback directly from within TestFlight.

My first impressions and feedback emails were:
- Placeholders for non English language, but was mentioned in this thread

• The swipe down overlay pauses the movie. The default behavior in default apps is let the video play under the overlay
  • When the summary is longer than the preview allows there is no way to read more. iTunes movies on the Apple TV lets you click the text to see more. Also mentioned in thread.
  • Clicking an item in The top shelf recently watched goes to a sub view. In case of tv shows there is no easy way to continue where you left off as the bottom bar displays the recently watched, not next episodes of the show you clicked.
  • The default behavior of side clicking the touchpad doesn't reverse and fast forward 10 seconds. Clicking and holding to keep fast forwarding also doesn't work. Both pause and resume playback.

New feedback

• maybe move most of the subtitle options to settings. The overlay can get a bit crowded. Most options will be set and forget except for timing offset and stuff
  • maybe create separate views for listing unplayed and recently added? Now there is a setting to sort by date but having access to both without toggling would be nice
  • does the chapter view support chapter titles and or thumbnails? Didn't have a suitable file to test that with

Overall very pleased! Keep up the great work

November 17, 2015 - 5:08pm
Lezz's picture
Kudos: 5

I presume you guys prefer the feedback here instead of the beta email address mentioned in TestFlight?

November 17, 2015 - 5:57pm
TinyBlackDog's picture

Got my beta invite today, installed TestFlight, entered code, and was told that the code had expired. It was about 3 hours after I received the code. Do they really expire that quickly?

EDIT:

Ok, looks like it was user error. I opened the link from my email at work and saw the code I was presented with and decided to take a picture of it, in case I couldn't get back to see it again after the first try. Turns out that each time you click on the link from the email it generates a new code that expires after some period of time, less than the 3 hours between when I got the code and tried using it.

Anyway, clicked link, new code, worked. I'm in and starting to test!

November 17, 2015 - 6:14pm
jake.shenker's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

Really loving the beta so far and I've already switched away from Plex Smile Everything works wonderfully, but details definitely need to be honed before release.

Some feedback:
-- There needs to be a scan library for metadata option. Right now, metadata will only fetch upon entering a TV show folder (e.g. "Futurama") but I need to manually enter each TV show to fetch, rather than simply go to the root TV show folder.
-- I am having a bug in which some videos will not play (which play on the Infuse for iOS app). Any way to get more verbose logging to identify the error?
-- The behaviour of recently watched for TV shows is a bit wonky, in that there is no way to go to the next episode. Once you select a recently watched show from the top shelf, that episode will come up but with no way to go to next other than menu-->menu-->menu all the way back and start from home.

November 17, 2015 - 6:20pm
jake.shenker's picture
Beta Tester

Also:

-- Big +1 on the need to add the 10s skip back/forward feature, which is a staple on most other media apps.
-- The home screen could really take some inspiration from Plex with recently played and recently added options.

November 17, 2015 - 6:41pm
richard_browne's picture
  james wrote:

Everything needs to be decoded, no matter the format.

Some formats (like h.264) are eligible for HW decoding, which is inherently better than the fallback of SW based decoding. This has a more noticeable difference on mobile devices, as HW decoding will greatly extend battery life.

You misunderstand my question. Does aTV require you to convert everything to H.264 an intermediate stream, or can you decode AVI/MPEG-2 and send the raw decoded video out directly?

November 17, 2015 - 6:55pm
vipul128's picture
Beta Tester

Is there a way to hide hidden folders? For example, the system folders and $Recycler folder show up on screen. If there was a way to hide hidden folders it would be nice.

Also, it seems like the metadata is not being saved. I had to manually change the metadata for some of my movies because it showed the wrong movie but when I came back to my appletv a few hours later the movie reverted back to the old, incorrect metadata.

November 17, 2015 - 7:23pm
tcornett's picture

Up and running on the beta, and created shares. No problem as of yet playing files converted to .m4v. Should I be able to play direct did rips, with the video_ts folder structure and .vob files? This is easily done in the atv2 version, this beta just shows the generic folder icon, and when clicked, it shows no files in the directory (nothing to see here...). Most of my movies are direct rips, and really would prefer not to rip them all to .mkv or m4v. If I don't have to.

Thanks for your help, this is a great start for the atv4, really enjoying what I have seen so far.

Tim

November 17, 2015 - 7:43pm
ljarrett's picture

Running the beta...

For me the most important missing capability is ISO support. Is this on the roadmap ?

November 17, 2015 - 9:04pm
arcadelt's picture

Sorry, haven't had a chance to look through all the past posts to see if anyone has mentioned the issues I have found. I'll do that later. For now:

• Great job Firecore. Looks good and is working remarkably well.
  • I have found that if an SRT file exist with the same name as the video, the app crashes. Remove the SRT file, and the corresponding video plays.
  • No folder art is showing up when a folder.jpg file is in a folder.
  • Can't get 5.1 audio, only stereo. My Sonos Playbar setup shows 5.1 for iTunes and Netflix content, but not content I have ripped myself. I have checked that the file contains a 5.1 stream, and if does, but would be interested to know exactly what format(s) Infuse is needing.
  November 17, 2015 - 8:11pm
aj.14852's picture

The Infuse beta v1 is very stable for me running from Synology NAS with about 1000 movies and about 100 TV series. I could add either from the NAS as SMB or from the Plex server app running on the NAS. Streaming movies from either of these shares worked well.
• The external subtitle search and insert is excellent like the iOS version and the Infuse running on my jailbroken ATV2. This is a nice bonus over all other current ATV4 apps.
• The first screen lists the folders in alphabetical order, but if you have a lot of folders it can be tedious to scroll. Can you provide a re-sort of order or can the order of favorites be in the order of addition?
• Metadata is good although giving me some errors, leaving folder icon showing a random picture from the video file. Is there a forced search for metadata like the version for ATV black as I could not trigger on my ATV4 by prolonged click. Will try a reboot.
• Misc: Background music for series playing while you read metadata would be nice. It is provided in other apps.

November 17, 2015 - 8:20pm
tomvs's picture

I've got a few video playback issues to report:

h.264 hi10p 1080p video skips and pauses a lot. Example file details:
Format : AVC
Overall bit rate : 9 700 Kbps
Format profile : High 10@L5
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

Before playing any hi10p file, I get the message that video playback may be choppy. Depending on the quality and resolution, some hi10p video plays better than others. For example, most 720p files play very well.

As a comparison, another Apple TV App, NAStify Player, plays the above file almost perfectly, except for high-bitrate scenes.

HEVC 10 bit (h.265) 1080p plays about the same as hi10p files. There's large skips and pauses. I don't get any sort of warning message before playing these. Example file details:
Format : HEVC
Overall bit rate : 3 374 Kbps
Format profile : Main 10@L5@Main
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

All h.264 8-bit content plays perfectly. I was even able to play a 4k sample with no noticeable frame drops:
Format : AVC
Overall bit rate : 22.3 Mbps
Format profile : High@L5.1
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Width : 4 096 pixels
Height : 2 304 pixels

Great work so far!

November 17, 2015 - 8:27pm
patm.395's picture
Beta Tester

I have 3 servers running in my house Infuse 4 found all of them and setting the folders within them as favorites was a snap. I did at times find that the meta data came and went not sure need a little more time of course to be sure. I found on 1080p videos when you fast forward or go back on a video it takes a while for the video to resume, not as bad on a 720p video or a smaller file. Also, it seems like at times the audio fades or shifts. Since I only got this tonight I need to watch more videos to be sure. The picture quality is awesome !!!

November 17, 2015 - 9:13pm
arcadelt's picture

It appears some of my files have odd data in tags (I didn't know), which look as if they were entered by MakeMKV. Anyway, Infuse is looking at these instead of the file name so is struggling to download correct metadata. This was not a problem on Infuse for ATV 2. Would be nice to have a setting that would turn this function off.

November 17, 2015 - 10:06pm
Ricktracer's picture

Would be possible to add a way to rewind and fast forward in addition to using the trackpad? I like using my Logitech Harmony remote, and curently there is no way to rewind or FF with it. In contrast, apps like YouTube or Netflix allow for ths type of flexibility.

Aside from this very minor issue, and after using the beta, i am happy to report that even in beta form, infuse truly justifies the purchase of an Apple TV. Excellent job.

November 19, 2015 - 1:58pm
forenikegolf's picture

Early returns are holy crap this is amazing!

I do have one adjustment that I immediately see needs addressing. Movies (or any other media type) need to have a sort by file name in the Settings menu - the way Infuse for aTV flash always did. When sorting by title alone in Infuse for tvOS it moves movies out of order.

For a specific example, see the Batman film series. With aTV Flash Black, I named all the files Batman followed by the year of the film's release, so that the films not only group together but also appear in sequential order by year. Instead the sorting by metadata assigned title method tvOS Infuse is currently using puts them out of sequence (see screen capture: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0TGQOeMmG...), plus it moves The Dark Knight out of the B's for Batman and down with the D's for Dark Knight. Now I have to seek out all the Batman movies rather than just go to the B's and see all of them together.

The James Bond series is another example. Nomenclature of the actual file using James Bond followed by the year of release would order and group the films in legacy aTV Flash. The title ordering method being used by tvOS Infuse displaces those films. Austin Powers does the same. Though they all start with with "Austin Powers" thereby grouping together, the alphabetizing of the remainder of the title throws the movies out of sequential order.

November 17, 2015 - 10:31pm
Ikariapower's picture

I locate my movies but I can't play any of them !!!

November 17, 2015 - 10:59pm
anthonyk.5213's picture

Loving the beta initially. Watched first movie on this and there were zero issues.
I do prefer a separate section for movies, tv shows & favorite as was n the ATV2
Setup had zero issues.
So far an awesome job on the Beta!!

November 17, 2015 - 11:04pm
arcadelt's picture
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

Loving the beta initially. Watched first movie on this and there were zero issues.
I do prefer a separate section for movies, tv shows & favorite as was n the ATV2
Setup had zero issues.
So far an awesome job on the Beta!!

Hi anthonyk.5213. If you store those files in different shares or folders you can achieve that by creating favourites of folders that will then appear on the front screen.

November 17, 2015 - 11:36pm
andrih's picture

First of all, great job! It is a awesome beta app!

There are only small things that I noticed:
- When I'm in a show folder while catching the metadata, the showname lays over the first season folder. After selecting another season, the title is going up and down.
- Some shows, like House of Cards, are not in the right order. They are still on the top after metadata fetching.
- I was never a fan of "Recently watched" on the home screen. In Infuse for ATV2 there was an option to change that to recently added. This would be nice for Infuse 4.

November 18, 2015 - 12:06am
zac.boyd's picture

I've added a share with 48 TV Shows (folders), for some reason the metadata is only displaying for the shows that only have one season of episodes within the folder. But when I go into the folders of the other TV shows that have more than one season then the metadata then appears? Does that mean I need in order to get metadata to display at the top level I'll need to movie every TV show episode into the Share level with no folder structure?

Also unless I'm doing something wrong, continuous play doesn't appear to be working. When I play an episode within a season I'm expecting at the end of the episode it will start the following one which it doesn't, I then need to scroll across and press play for the next one.

Also feature requests!
- The not watched indicator like the old blue dot on aTV Flash
- TV show background theme music like Plex when your within a TV show, obviously an ON/OFF setting for those who don't want it
- Recently watched/added on the main screen like on aTV Flash

November 17, 2015 - 11:56pm
henk004's picture

Hi,
feedback infuse so far: (Sorry for my bad English)
I play the movies from a nas

• 10 sec fast forward (or back) does not work (with finger on side remote)
  • Big mkv he does not play very well, sometimes it stops and must think
  • For film information you can not click text
  • Movies on Plex start faster (without subs course)
  • DVD-folder cannot played
  • Deleting movies would be nice
  • Movie edit text bit unclear (grey text on a grey background)
  • During movie: swype down must also be indicated (otherwise people did not know this)
  • Press and hold de big remote button to make folders "favorite" is good! but the option must be explained
  • is it possible to have a function to see what movies are new in the folder? (recently added)
  • I did not test the subtitle-menu, but it looks nice
  • Remember position in a movie? does this work?
  • blu ray -movie support?
  November 18, 2015 - 12:07am
Nklerk's picture

I haven't found any major issues yet. But I have some remarks:

• Language (Dutch) not done yet. This is known.
  • Movie folders with extrafanart and extra thumbs folders are shown. Is also on iPad infuse pro. I would like to request a feature to hide them or possibly even use its content.
  • favorite folder select took me 20minutes to figure out. I suspect that in English this would be more clear, if not I would advise to simplify this.
  • I am missing a HDMI pass through option for HD Audio, I am guessing it's an appleTV limitation but I am hoping that I am wrong. As i love to be able to use the TrueHD and Atmos tracks. Currently using android to play these files.
  • changing Audio format to the receiver may results in a buzz sound for around 500msec. I.e. From menu start a movie file, PCM to DTS
    Looks like my TV is making the buzz, I must further investigate.

That's it for now, I'll post more when I found something.