463 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 18, 2015 - 12:05am
henk004's picture
Kudos: 0

extra's:
- please add search options (genre, etc. etc)
- resolution options (like in plex) and information
- Pimp the nterface / homescreen
Thank you!

November 18, 2015 - 12:11am
Mikedine's picture

Now my new appletv is worth every penny! Thx for the great work!

Is it possible to integrate RottenTomatoes reviews? That would be nice!

Otherwise no bugs so far

November 18, 2015 - 1:11am
arcadelt's picture
Kudos: 1
  zac.boyd wrote:

I've added a share with 48 TV Shows (folders), for some reason the metadata is only displaying for the shows that only have one season of episodes within the folder. But when I go into the folders of the other TV shows that have more than one season then the metadata then appears? Does that mean I need in order to get metadata to display at the top level I'll need to movie every TV show episode into the Share level with no folder structure?

Hi zac.boyd, that's the most major change I noticed from Infuse on the ATV 2. That version seemed to reward conscientious file management, with folders for TV shows, and then nested folders for seasons and specials. Infuse for ATV 4 seems to follows the philosophical lead of Infuse on IOS, where it is better to lump all of the episodes from one TV show into one folder, irrespective of the season. What I have found is that it then groups the episodes into it's own "folder", so if you have a separate folder for a season, you get another Infuse "folder" inside that. I don't really have a problem with it, except that I have spent part of the day grouping all TV files together to get it to look right, and also that there is no TV show artwork on the TV show folder. I almost wonder if Firecore actually expect you to have all episodes in one big folder and let Infuse sort it out based on the tags in the file or the file name? It's certainly how it works for movies, except there I also grouped some movies together if they had a natural connection (for example, Star Wars Collection, Harry Potter Collection, etc)

November 18, 2015 - 1:10am
Gorgo126's picture

All work perfectly for me, no bug detected at this moment.

Some suggestions for the fture :
-Add a resume button.
-Add option to see permanently the name of the movie under it.
-Possibility to change the design/image of the BIG favorite button Wink
-Dark design (but I think it's on the way)

Thanks for your work !

November 18, 2015 - 1:18am
zac.boyd's picture
  arcadelt wrote:

Hi zac.boyd, that's the most major change I noticed from Infuse on the ATV 2. That version seemed to reward conscientious file management, with folders for TV shows, and then nested folders for seasons and specials. Infuse for ATV 4 seems to follows the philosophical lead of Infuse on IOS, where it is better to lump all of the episodes from one TV show into one folder, irrespective of the season. What I have found is that it then groups the episodes into it's own "folder", so if you have a separate folder for a season, you get another Infuse "folder" inside that. I don't really have a problem with it, except that I have spent part of the day grouping all TV files together to get it to look right, and also that there is no TV show artwork on the TV show folder. I almost wonder if Firecore actually expect you to have all episodes in one big folder and let Infuse sort it out based on the tags in the file or the file name? It's certainly how it works for movies, except there I also grouped some movies together if they had a natural connection (for example, Star Wars Collection, Harry Potter Collection, etc)

The problem I have with that is the load time/performance by having a single folder with every single episode all at the same level if you need to navigate that structure through any others means other than Infuse. That will obviously continue to grow going forward as well, basically it puts you into the position of skipping the pretty metadata at the appropriate level so you can still navigate your folder structure directly from your computer.

November 18, 2015 - 1:28am
suave123's picture

Probably I am doing something wrong, I must admit my language was set to dutch instead of English. However I could understand the placeholders and was able to search the network and a shares. The metadata is not loading and I was not able to play any video. Just nothing happens when I select a video to be played.

November 18, 2015 - 1:34am
kman1's picture

Played with the app for about 10'.

Everything seems fine except it does not play "raw" formats such as mts, m2t, m2ts, ts. The app either hangs or simply crashes back to the home screen.

My Panasonic TV's built in media player, although atrocious in terms of UI, plays every kind of video file I throw at it. I was hoping Infuse would be a replacement for that. Maybe it will be with some more work.

November 18, 2015 - 1:44am
zac.boyd's picture
  suave123 wrote:

Probably I am doing something wrong, I must admit my language was set to dutch instead of English. However I could understand the placeholders and was able to search the network and a shares. The metadata is not loading and I was not able to play any video. Just nothing happens when I select a video to be played.

I think you did what I did, your attempting to view files from the section where you add your favourites which is not overly clear on how to do.

Essentially find a folder and hold down on main button the remote and you can add that folder as favourite, then if you switch across to starting screen of Infuse you should then see that folder where you can your files from.

November 18, 2015 - 2:11am
arcadelt's picture
  zac.boyd wrote:

The problem I have with that is the load time/performance by having a single folder with every single episode all at the same level if you need to navigate that structure through any others means other than Infuse. That will obviously continue to grow going forward as well, basically it puts you into the position of skipping the pretty metadata at the appropriate level so you can still navigate your folder structure directly from your computer.

I agree. The only reason I can think that Firecore went down this route is to pander to those that aren't all that familiar with file structures; however, I very much doubt those kinds of people will be playing with Infuse anyway. I mean, if you have the skill to set up and maintain a NAS and fill it with your own content, then you probably understand files and folders. Like you, I would prefer the management philosophy to be more like that in Infuse on the ATV 2.

November 18, 2015 - 2:15am
Lezz's picture
Kudos: 5

Not a ATV bug, but an Infuse issue I sometimes see when searching for subtitles. I'll try to find an episode with the problem tonight. I think it has to do with subtitle matching. when I'm watching an episode, say 2x07 and go search for subtitles, it lists all substitles for every episode of the show, and not filtered for 2x07.

November 18, 2015 - 3:26am
NogbadTheBad's picture

Maybe you want to increase the width when displaying the search results :-

http://s16.postimg.org/o1o5dorc5/IMG_0092.jpg

Also the top Movies Settings menu bar, would it read better Media Settings.

November 18, 2015 - 2:28am
Lezz's picture

If possible, add the thumbnail preview while scrubbing through the video, like the iTunes and netflix do https://youtu.be/c-6xAvJEq_c?t=2m58s

November 18, 2015 - 2:37am
stefanb.2941's picture
Beta Tester

Hi guys of Firecore,

first of all, great job with Infuse 4, most of the stuff works very fine!
I really love it, you are on a good way.

Unfortunately I still found quite some bugs in the current beta (4.0.1135), but I suppose that is what betas are for. Smile
I am a little confused on where to post my findings, as in TestFlight you say that you want an email, in the blog you ask for postings in the forum.
So I decided to do both…

1.a) Connecting to remote network shares basically works, but only for SMB (WebDAV not tested). There is no AFP as it was for Infuse for ATV2. AFP ist quite more reliable than SMB, so it should be added again. And there is no NFS either...
1.b) Connecting to SMB shares sometimes takes up to 30 seconds (first access after a while), this is quite annoying. I think this could be overcome with AFP.

2.a) The home screen with the favorites looks quite ugly to be honest (big grey boxes with a star in it). I hope that this is a beta issue and will be made nice for the final version (e.g. use the menu bar at the very top of the screen for navigation etc.)
2.b) The folders of TV Shows show only a standard symbol (looks quite ugly), where Infuse for ATV2 could display a jpg stored inside the folder with the same name instead.
2.c) Confusing navigation. Pressing the „Menu“ button when being in the top menu bar brings you to the ATV home screen. Pressing „Menu“ when being in the list of Movies brings you to the „Favorites“ screen. I think that pressing „Menu“ anywhere should bring you the Favorites screen, wherever you are, and from there to ATV’s home screen.

3.a) Metadata fetching works well, in both German and English. I like the interface for fetching corrected metadata. But: No possibility to set that a certain folder contains Movies or TV Shows or whatever.
3.b) Big issue: As already pointed out by „fornikegolf" movies are now sorted by their metadata names, no longer by file names. This is really bad, as it screws up my complete movie library. E.g. the James Bond movies are found somewhere scattered, no longer under „J“. But basically all collections are affected and appear no longer in correct order. This should be fixed very urgently.
3.c) Another bug: I have some movies consisting of two parts. I named the files „Movie xyz - Part I“ and „Movie xyz - Part II“, and added metadata to the file using metaZ. Some of these movies don’t show up in alphabetical order, but at the very end of the list (after Z).
3.d) As pointed out by others, pushing down after the last movie does not bring one up to the beginning at „A" again (as it was in ATV2)
3.e) Metadata does not show „PG…“ ratings.

4.a) When clicking on a movie to display its title details, the small icons in the bottom show movies starting at „A". It should be desirable to see the current movie there with the movies alphabetically before and after it.
4.b) The blurry/out of focus fan art in the background of title details looks disturbing. Is this a feature? It should be desirable to have a switch to turn it off.

5.) Playback works fine in principle, Dolby also works as far as I can tell.
5.a) Jump forward/backward in playback by 10s by clicking right/left as standard UI of the Apple TV 4 does not work (yet?).
5.b) Chapter navigation: Having chapters in a list with numbers is not very intuitive. I liked the „old“ interface with pushing down and seeing the chapter markers in the „timeline“ much better.
5.c) When coming back to a movie, playback always resumes at the last point in time. The possibility to choose „resume“ or „restart from beginning“ is missing.
5.d) Infuse for ATV2 could playback movies with DRM that were bought in iTunes. This function is apparently not working any more.
5.e) No seen/unseen markers (yet?)

6.) Only minor: In TestFlight: When clicking on „What to test“ it only shows „Welcome to Infuse 4 for Apple TV“. On purpose?

These are the findings a have so far, but I will keep on testing.

Cheers,
Stefan

November 18, 2015 - 2:46am
mrplow's picture
Beta Tester
  arcadelt wrote:
  zac.boyd wrote:

I have TV shows in the format \TVShowName\SeasonNo\Episodes and Infuse handles this just fine. No need to have all episodes at the same level cross season etc.
I agree. The only reason I can think that Firecore went down this route is to pander to those that aren't all that familiar with file structures; however, I very much doubt those kinds of people will be playing with Infuse anyway. I mean, if you have the skill to set up and maintain a NAS and fill it with your own content, then you probably understand files and folders. Like you, I would prefer the management philosophy to be more like that in Infuse on the ATV 2.

November 18, 2015 - 2:57am
fedebruni84's picture

HI Firecore,
great job, I was waiting for Infuse from the day I got my ATV4.
Can you add an aption to add a darker transparent background to the subs? It will make them far more readable. (Netflix app has it for example)

November 18, 2015 - 3:02am
pokerevo1's picture
Translator

beta works perfectly. i'm ready to help with the hungarian translation if needed.

November 18, 2015 - 3:05am
Lezz's picture
  stefanb.2941 wrote:

2.c) Confusing navigation. Pressing the „Menu“ button when being in the top menu bar brings you to the ATV home screen. Pressing „Menu“ when being in the list of Movies brings you to the „Favorites“ screen. I think that pressing „Menu“ anywhere should bring you the Favorites screen, wherever you are, and from there to ATV’s home screen.

From the tvOS interface guidelines:
Menu button - Expected behavior in an app

• Returns to previous screen.
  • Exits to Apple TV Home screen.

So in essence, it's the back button and exits the app on the last step...

November 18, 2015 - 3:23am
arcadelt's picture
  stefanb.2941 wrote:

Sorry, I don't agree with this suggestion stefanb.2941. The Menu button is the back button, and it is contextual. Therefore, if you are deep inside a folder structure, that is how you back out one folder at a time. It seems, however, that with Infuse for ATV 4, if you swipe up and are at the root menu (the only menu as far as I can tell), going back from there takes you to the favourites screen. This seems right and proper to me.

November 18, 2015 - 3:30am
arcadelt's picture
  mrplow wrote:

I have TV shows in the format \TVShowName\SeasonNo\Episodes and Infuse handles this just fine. No need to have all episodes at the same level cross season etc.

I'm not sure how that works for you, but that is how I had it set up before I changed things around today, and Infuse would gather all of those episode and essentially create another season folder inside my season folder. When I clicked on that, the episodes then appear in a nice row under the selected episode's information. It looks very nice that way, and I like it very much, but I just have one nested folder too many when I don't put all of the episodes in the one folder. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

November 18, 2015 - 3:46am
Lezz's picture

I just whipped out my renamer and had it change all the series to this structure, but can only test when I get home. The problem I had was some series would show the default folder icon (I think these were shows with episodes from multiple seasons). That structure was \showName\AllSeasonsAndEpisodesHere.mkv, now I grouped them all by season subfolder \showName\SeasonNumber\Episodes.mkv and am hoping the show folder will now always show artwork without manually adding a folder.jpg to every show...

November 18, 2015 - 3:52am
vongoesseln's picture

I tried the following setup: Synology DS411slim, AppleTV 4 german language. The connection is done using smb, works fine. MP4 and MKV files are working fast and smooth. For VIDEO_TS folders, infuse told me that there is nothing in the folder to watch.

The only bug i found so far, is the labeling on the buttons. I think this is due to my language settings. I will test it with the AppleTV 4 set to english. So far i am very impressed.

November 18, 2015 - 4:00am
ypevandermolen's picture
Beta Tester

Also ISO files are not (yet) supported?

November 18, 2015 - 4:07am
aykot's picture

Here I give you my impressions:

All the reproductions I´ve made work flawlesly, even searching for different language subs.
The trak.to integration connects, but it doesn´t seem to do anything, and a little explanation on the connection screen would be usefull.
The watched shows do not appear inside my trak.to account and the previously watched episodes are not marked inside infuse.
All the interface shows up with names instead of buttons, wich I supouse is a transalation problem.
The metadata grabbing works perfectly for my series, but it is a little tricky with the anime section, for example: All of my hunterXhunter chapters are listed as "iron man season 19 ep 20" because of the tag "coalgirls", the fansub of this anime.
Despite of this minor bugs, the overall app is really great.

Let me know if i can test anything for you or even help with the translation to spanish.
Best Regards

November 18, 2015 - 4:16am
SubElement's picture

Here are a few thoughts from spending a little bit of time playing with the beta this evening:

• I assume this is coming, but I HATE there is no list view. I personally don't use the Metadata features and just want a list of my files on the left of the screen, and a thumbnail on the right as I go over the file. Much like the KODI list view.
  • The current view mode which is a "movie poster" style, only shows you the filename/metadata if you have it selected. This is a nightmare when trying to find something.
  • I've tested a demo Dolby True HD 5.1 file and a DTS-HD MA 5.1 file. Unfortunately neither format was bit-streamed to my amplifier. The Dolby file seemed to be decoded then output as stereo, while the DTS file successfully output the DTS Core file. I would love to know if this will ever work.
  • I was testing on AC Wireless and content seemed to play fine with no drops.
  • Tracking was a little slow on WiFi, but I'll try on Wired soon for comparison.
  • I assume everyones buttons are showing their programming names instead of their final names?
  November 18, 2015 - 4:55am
DamianD's picture

Hi,

So here is my list after testing beta for few hours yesterday:

Bugs:
1. Some .srt subtitles are not played - here is example file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifloo28r00vksd6/The%...
2. Are .txt subtitles supported at all ? They don't show as available subtitles on my shows

Feature Requests:
1. Ability to hide all watched movies/tv shows/folders/episodes.
2. When I click on episode thumbnail at the bottom, it shows its info. Ok, but then I need to go to 'play' button and click it. Why don't we start playing when I click episode thumbnail for the second time-when it is already selected.
3. At the top bar there is 'Movies' and 'Settings'. I would love to have there a favorites, so that I can have there 'Movies', 'TV Shows' and 'Settings'.
3b) This way maybe we dont need the screen with favorites at all ?
4. On Apple TV Home view, the top view shows 'Recently Watched'. Well, this is quite useless in my opinion, I would like to see there what can I watch, not what I watched. So please show there newest & not watched movies.
4b) Above will probably require scanning favorited folders every time appletv starts, to know what are newly added movies
5. When entering a tv show season view, make the latest episode available selected, so I can play it directly. Currently it is first episode of season.

I think thats it for now, a lot of feature requestes, but since I am using Infuse mostly for watching TV Shows, they all seems pretty usefull in my opinion.

Thanks
Damian

November 18, 2015 - 5:41am
stefanb.2941's picture
Beta Tester
  arcadelt wrote:
  stefanb.2941 wrote:

Sorry, I don't agree with this suggestion stefanb.2941. The Menu button is the back button, and it is contextual. Therefore, if you are deep inside a folder structure, that is how you back out one folder at a time. It seems, however, that with Infuse for ATV 4, if you swipe up and are at the root menu (the only menu as far as I can tell), going back from there takes you to the favourites screen. This seems right and proper to me.

arcadelt, I see, you are right. It's contextual, but still confusing, in my opinion.
Apparently, if you activate the top menu bar, this is treated as being at the "home" menu of Infuse. Pressing the "Menu"button here makes Infuse quit, even if you are deep inside a folder structure. This is not intuitive, in my opinion.
This could be overcome easily, if the Favorites would become part of the top menu, as in Infuse for ATV2.

November 18, 2015 - 5:51am
DamianD's picture
  stefanb.2941 wrote:
  arcadelt wrote:
  stefanb.2941 wrote:

arcadelt, I see, you are right. It's contextual, but still confusing, in my opinion.
Apparently, if you activate the top menu bar, this is treated as being at the "home" menu of Infuse. Pressing the "Menu"button here makes Infuse quit, even if you are deep inside a folder structure. This is not intuitive, in my opinion.
This could be overcome easily, if the Favorites would become part of the top menu, as in Infuse for ATV2.

I agree, if top menu bar is open, then menu button should just go back -> meaning close it, not quit the app.

November 18, 2015 - 6:13am
TinyBlackDog's picture

James,

Fantastic state for a first beta - very impressed so far!

My environment - Plex Media server running on a Mac Mini, media all stored on an Unraid server. About 900 movies and 15 TV series.

I used the app exclusively by connecting to the Plex server, which was discovered quickly and was able to set up favorites for my Movies and TV Shows very easily.

Drilling into my All Movies folder for the first time obviously took awhile to process and pull metadata/images for each title. This worked pretty well, but a handful of movies (maybe 20-30) never got converted from their temporary "screen grab" poster to the poster that gets pulled along with metadata. If I viewed the details for one of these movies I could see that it was matched properly and all the pertinent metadata and images were present on the details screen, but backing out to the movie list didn't cause the poster to get updated properly. The only way to get it to update was to go to Edit mode, select the top default result (which was always right, btw) and then back out to the movie list again - this would force the poster image to update.

Playback seemed good in general, though one Blu-Ray rip I tried had trouble playing back - audio was fine but video would freeze for 10 seconds at a time. I will try this file on Infuse iOS (iPad air 2) and will see how it fares there. I'll also grab the media details and post them here if something seems wrong.

I watched a couple of TV shows with no problems at all.

Overall, a fantastic experience and would be reason enough for me to buy an Apple TV if I didn't already have one. May actually convince me to buy another one for the bedroom.

November 18, 2015 - 6:28am
CkjBeOS's picture

Ok received my AppleTv this day, configure, install Infuse, but some title are not translated (i use french, ask me if tou want help to translate) without them it's hard to understand what is what Wink (ok i will turn into english to continue testing)
, go to "Réglages" add my QNAP TS-231 go back but difficult to know what i need to do after, i try some menus, but nothing give me possibilities to play a movie, i see the file name of movie, i try to clik the remote but do nothing.

Please help me ;(
always run very well on my iPhone 6 with inFuse Pro last version

November 18, 2015 - 6:33am
Lezz's picture

Press and hold to add your movie and tv show folders to favourites. Those folders are then accessible from the movie tab.