463 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 18, 2015 - 6:37am
MrBMT's picture
Kudos: 0
  CkjBeOS wrote:

, go to "Réglages" add my QNAP TS-231 go back but difficult to know what i need to do after, i try some menus, but nothing give me possibilities to play a movie, i see the file name of movie, i try to clik the remote but do nothing.

Qu'est-ce que vous avez à faire est d'aller à "REGLAGES", comme vous l'avez dit, ajouter le NAS, puis sélectionnez le dossier partagé qui a vos films. Pour ce faire sur Parcourir pour le dossier, puis maintenez le trackpad sur la télécommande pendant quelques secondes , il viendra avec une option pour confirmer l'ajouter en tant que favori.

Ensuite, il suffit de sortir de réglages à l'écran d'accueil principal de Infuse et profiter de vos films! Smile

What you need to do is go to "Réglages" as you said, add the NAS, then select the shared folder that has your movies in. To do this browse to the folder, then hold down the trackpad on the remote for a few seconds, it will come up with an option to confirm adding it as a favourite.

Then just go out of settings to the main home screen of Infuse and enjoy your films! Smile

November 18, 2015 - 6:48am
stefanb.2941's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1
  DamianD wrote:

2. When I click on episode thumbnail at the bottom, it shows its info. Ok, but then I need to go to 'play' button and click it. Why don't we start playing when I click episode thumbnail for the second time-when it is already selected.

I agree, this is indeed not intuitive. +1 here for changing this behavior.

DamianD wrote:

3. At the top bar there is 'Movies' and 'Settings'. I would love to have there a favorites, so that I can have there 'Movies', 'TV Shows' and 'Settings'.
3b) This way maybe we dont need the screen with favorites at all ?

+1 here as well.

November 18, 2015 - 7:05am
jagomezco's picture

I found that when you are in a Favorite carpet, when you click menu to go back to change to another favorite carpet, sometimes it goes back to the main menu of the Apple TV, and the only way to see all the favorite carpets you need to close infuse and open it again.

José A. Gómez

November 18, 2015 - 7:32am
forenikegolf's picture

I second the question from post #46. I have a number of .vob files that are not capable of viewing. This was a game changer function of aTV Flash Black. Really hope to see .vob support for Infuse 4 for tvOS.

November 18, 2015 - 7:55am
CkjBeOS's picture
  MrBMT wrote:
  CkjBeOS wrote:

, go to "Réglages" add my QNAP TS-231 go back but difficult to know what i need to do after, i try some menus, but nothing give me possibilities to play a movie, i see the file name of movie, i try to clik the remote but do nothing.

Qu'est-ce que vous avez à faire est d'aller à "REGLAGES", comme vous l'avez dit, ajouter le NAS, puis sélectionnez le dossier partagé qui a vos films. Pour ce faire sur Parcourir pour le dossier, puis maintenez le trackpad sur la télécommande pendant quelques secondes , il viendra avec une option pour confirmer l'ajouter en tant que favori.

Ensuite, il suffit de sortir de réglages à l'écran d'accueil principal de Infuse et profiter de vos films! Smile

What you need to do is go to "Réglages" as you said, add the NAS, then select the shared folder that has your movies in. To do this browse to the folder, then hold down the trackpad on the remote for a few seconds, it will come up with an option to confirm adding it as a favourite.

Then just go out of settings to the main home screen of Infuse and enjoy your films! Smile

YES thanks Smile don't know i need to wait after click on remote Smile
try this when i go home.

Best regards,
Cedric - Pixs'n Bits

November 18, 2015 - 8:24am
fhall1's picture

Never got an email saying I was selected for the beta program, but last night received the email from iTunes TestFlight that it was waiting for me - YAY!

Installation and setup was smooth - no problems finding/connecting via SMB to my Synology DS211 NAS (running an old version of Firmware/OS - because it works!).

So far it has played everything I've thrown at it (did not test VOB or TS files - and I assume from previous commenters they won't work - but they are only a handful out of the hundreds of movies and TV show files I have).

Based on this first beta - I'm nearly ready to take my WD TV Live SMP out of my home theater and replace it with the ATV4 (right now the ATV is hooked to a "test" Vizio large screen TV). Great job and kudos to the developers.

I didn't run into any showstopper bugs, but obviously haven't had days to run it through its paces. However, from my brief testing, and after the reading the comments posted here - below are my suggestions:

1. Resume / Play from Start when selecting a file that was previously viewed
  2. 10 second rewind/ffw on touchpad sides
  3. automatically mark Already Watched / Recently Added files
  4. Logitech Harmony Remote compatibility for basic play/pause/stop/ffw/rew functions.
  5. Show filename below progress bar on pause
  6. thumbnail preview while scrubbing through the video
  7. only shows you the filename/metadata if you have an item selected - need filename or episode # under images even when not selected.
  November 18, 2015 - 8:26am
billy197's picture

im in the UK so you also need to turn UK english off for it to work. Of course this disables Siri across the system as it only works once your language and region are the same. I assume that will be sorted.
just got lots of feedback and no audio when on HDMI/DTS but when off turned off it works
it wasn't immediately obvious (well to me anyway!) that you needed to favourite your folders to get them to show on the first screen

November 18, 2015 - 8:26am
suave123's picture

I succession on my earlier post, I set my language to English and now everything works.

The loading of the dir with my movies took about 5 minutes the first time, maybe a patience message will not let users freak out.

The subtitles had some issues as they fell outside the screen of my TV. Maybe a button to scale them would be nice. Also turn on / off of the subtitles inside the playback mode would be appreciated.

November 18, 2015 - 8:46am
hmmmm's picture
Beta Tester

The app is really great and I'm thrilled Plex is no longer in my life. Thanks!

Here are some points that I think will make the app even better:

• Surround sound isn’t working - I have a Dolby/DTS receiver and it plays files with DTS or AC3 when using Infuse 3 via airplay or from ATV4's Plex, Netflix and Hulu. when playing in Infuse for ATV4, there is a terrible error sound, so I switched off "Dolby/DTS over HDMI" and now I can only get stereo.
  • I wish there will be support for all the native video control: preview on scan, click left and right for skip, use siri “what did he say” feature (Hulu & Plex can do it).
  • Subtitles work great, but if there will be a better control over font size and if the file name will be shown with the subtitles search results, it will even be better.
  • ATV home screen - showing recently added instead of recently watched will be much more useful.
  • I would like to see more data on each file: resolution, sound and Rotten Tomatoes rating will be awesome.
  • The setting menu is too big and shouldn’t stop the playback.
  • When browsing episodes, change the data to match the selected episode. when clicking an episode move the focus to the “play” button.
  • When the top menu is open, clicking “menu” needs to close it, not take the user back to the home screen. I've been out of the app by mistake so many times just because of it.
  • The favorite boxes are not so pretty - it could be amazing if you’ll be able to use the metadata from the folder itself for it (like it does on iTunes playlists).

Thanks again, you are doing brilliant work.

November 18, 2015 - 8:59am
irfan22's picture

Not a beta tester (if anyone has withdrawn, would love to try the app before its released. truebullfan@gmail.com)

My question for any tester is does the app allow for quick subtitle toggle by pressing the menu button 3 times? its a feature you can turn on via accessibility and it works for most video apps on ATV.

November 18, 2015 - 9:24am
lukele's picture

First off, you did a fantastic job again! Been using Infuse Pro exclusively on iPhone for the last year and couldn't be happier. That it does the transcoding on device is a complete killer feature (also, I absolutely don't understand why Plex doesn't give that option)

The version for Apple TV 4 also works great already. Here's a list of a few things that could be optimized.

• Would be nice to have a custom icon/meshup of movie/show posters as icon for favorites
  • Watched/Unwatched would be really nice
  • Play show theme music when entering a tv show folder
  • Not sure if it's possible or already does, but would be really nice if downloading metadata could be started and then worked on in the background, so next time i come back, i have all my 213 tv-shows (with multiple seasons) all beautifully visualized and sorted.
  • Shows with more than one season show as normal folders not with show cover art
  • Season folders don't start to automatically fetch mediadata/cover-art unless previously entered
  • If a season folder contains any non-media related filetype (for example hidden folders, files), it's no long recognized as season folder of a tv-show, but as a normal folder (same on iOS)
  • Cover fetching for a single show seems a bit slow (same on iOS). Is it refetching the same image over and over or does drawing the image on screen take that long? Would be nice if tasks could be splitter.
    1) Fold together by Season
    2) Pull show cover,
    3) pull additional metadata (since that isn't displayed, unless a show season is entered.)

Thank you very much for all your hard work!

November 18, 2015 - 9:31am
anthonyk.5213's picture

What is the "scan for changes cycle"?
I notice there is no option for a manual scan for changes. Files that I rename, or delete stay as they were.

November 18, 2015 - 10:01am
jangav's picture

Hi,
When can we play:
VIDEO_TS floders
ISO files

Nice Work
Thanks

November 18, 2015 - 10:18am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,208
  arcadelt wrote:
  zac.boyd wrote:

The problem I have with that is the load time/performance by having a single folder with every single episode all at the same level if you need to navigate that structure through any others means other than Infuse. That will obviously continue to grow going forward as well, basically it puts you into the position of skipping the pretty metadata at the appropriate level so you can still navigate your folder structure directly from your computer.

I agree. The only reason I can think that Firecore went down this route is to pander to those that aren't all that familiar with file structures; however, I very much doubt those kinds of people will be playing with Infuse anyway. I mean, if you have the skill to set up and maintain a NAS and fill it with your own content, then you probably understand files and folders. Like you, I would prefer the management philosophy to be more like that in Infuse on the ATV 2.

Infuse actually does both. You can definitely leave a big pile of episodes in a single folder and Infuse will group them accordingly.

You can also organize them yourself using the structure of: series/season x/files

E.G.

Lost/Season 1/Lost.S01.E02.mkv

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 18, 2015 - 10:35am
fritte's picture

Hello, I´ve not recieved the Beta application yet although I was chosen as Beta Tester. Is it because my email here is not the same as my AppleId ?

November 18, 2015 - 10:40am
forenikegolf's picture

+1 to these two items brought up by DamianD:

• "When I click on episode thumbnail at the bottom, it shows its info. Ok, but then I need to go to 'play' button and click it. Why don't we start playing when I click episode thumbnail for the second time-when it is already selected."

On this point, it occurs to me you shouldn't have to click the episode below to view the description. Each time you scroll, the description above should match the episode for which the cursor is on below. That way you can then simply click it to begin playing.

• "At the top bar there is 'Movies' and 'Settings'. I would love to have there a favorites, so that I can have there 'Movies', 'TV Shows' and 'Settings'.
    This way maybe we don't need the screen with favorites at all?"

The folders you select as favorites should absolutely be a banner at the top of the screen accompanying the Settings tab. Favorites should not be a separate section under the Movies tab.

November 18, 2015 - 10:53am
DamianD's picture
  forenikegolf wrote:

On this point, it occurs to me you shouldn't have to click the episode below to view the description. Each time you scroll, the description above should match the episode for which the cursor is on below. That way you can then simply click it to begin playing.

100% agree! It should work this way.

November 18, 2015 - 10:59am
Mvdvalk's picture
  jangav wrote:

Hi,
When can we play:
VIDEO_TS floders
ISO files

Nice Work
Thanks

Love the app on ATV4. Very fast. Same question ie support for my older ripped iso/vob would be great.
Furthermore an alphabetical index and or fast forward browsing would be great. Would like the Option that newest files are shown first.
Overall great experience!!

November 18, 2015 - 11:16am
forenikegolf's picture
  Mvdvalk wrote:
  jangav wrote:

Hi,
When can we play:
VIDEO_TS floders
ISO files

Nice Work
Thanks

Love the app on ATV4. Very fast. Same question ie support for my older ripped iso/vob would be great.
Furthermore an alphabetical index and or fast forward browsing would be great. Would like the Option that newest files are shown first.
Overall great experience!!

Sounds like to me the simple fix here is to expand sort options in the Settings menu. Sort by file name, sort by date added to Infuse, sort by release date, etc. Take this sorting functionality one step further. Make sorting functionality unique to each folder perhaps.

November 18, 2015 - 11:26am
ton's picture
ton

Really looks good for a first Beta release and can be used. Few first remarks.

1. I would really, really like folders/(single)files be sorted. Now first all folders then all single files. Prefer them mixed. Is easier for children.
  2. Also I prefer the old Infuse (aTV2) layout. Now only matrix but I line the list form better.
  3. Subtitles are too small for .srt files. Could this be selectable?

4.. Could you make poster.jpg equivalent to folder.jpg.

1. Is it correct that when I select a serie that first time I see all episodes of all seasons after each other and only the second when I select series again I fist see seasons and the after selecting the episodes? IMO 2nd is correct ie serie click -> see seasons -> see episodes

Already thanks for the release so that aTV4 can be better used.

November 18, 2015 - 11:25am
ipodfan's picture

Ah, thats why it looks strange on my apple tv, its set to dutch..
Let me know if you need some help with translations to this arcane language spoken in this tiny place called the netherlands. Happy to help

November 18, 2015 - 12:08pm
quentin.claudel's picture
  james wrote:
  arcadelt wrote:
  zac.boyd wrote:

The problem I have with that is the load time/performance by having a single folder with every single episode all at the same level if you need to navigate that structure through any others means other than Infuse. That will obviously continue to grow going forward as well, basically it puts you into the position of skipping the pretty metadata at the appropriate level so you can still navigate your folder structure directly from your computer.

I agree. The only reason I can think that Firecore went down this route is to pander to those that aren't all that familiar with file structures; however, I very much doubt those kinds of people will be playing with Infuse anyway. I mean, if you have the skill to set up and maintain a NAS and fill it with your own content, then you probably understand files and folders. Like you, I would prefer the management philosophy to be more like that in Infuse on the ATV 2.

Infuse actually does both. You can definitely leave a big pile of episodes in a single folder and Infuse will group them accordingly.

You can also organize them yourself using the structure of: series/season x/files

E.G.

Lost/Season 1/Lost.S01.E02.mkv

I tried to use this file hierarchy (as you can see here: http://hpics.li/a832d45), but it doesn't seem to work.

I still have to browse folders to watch this TV Show. I get a result like this : "Homeland" folder > "Season 1" folder > Season 1 Metadatas.
It that the expected behavior? Shouldn't I get an "Homeland" cover instead of a folder icon?
I might have misunderstood something.

PS: I really love Infuse! Congratulations: this app is the best I have on my Apple TV!

November 18, 2015 - 12:25pm
loniejr's picture

Still cant get any video to play

November 18, 2015 - 12:27pm
jonmiller's picture

Time capsule and other SMB file share found and saved perfectly. All metadata loaded fine.

Playback does seem a fraction laggy though. Barely noticeable but not 100% smooth. Network is very fast though and same shares stream flawlessly over wireless direct to smart tv.

Many buttons missing English translations.

Very usable though and looking forward to final version.

November 18, 2015 - 12:35pm
patm.395's picture
Beta Tester

Other people have complained that they don't get surround sound. I'm not having that problem. I am passing my audio through my HDMI cable. I believe there are settings in both the app and in the ATV.
The one thing I would like to see improved is "scrubbing" it takes a while for the app to start playing when you push it to a new location in the video.

November 18, 2015 - 12:51pm
jangav's picture
  Mvdvalk][quote=jangav wrote:

Hi,
When can we play:
VIDEO_TS floders
ISO files

Nice Work
Thanks

Overall great experience!![/quorn

Nothing in 4.1, When?

November 18, 2015 - 1:04pm
loniejr's picture

I dont know if this was asked .. but all my movies are in individual folders ... can you pass the metadata thumbnail pic to the folder ..??

November 18, 2015 - 1:04pm
siska's picture

apple tv4 with New Firmware , i See my nas and connecting without Problem And i can Save connect information to hier is all Fine And okay -
I can See the folder And my Movie but the Movie can not Play - no Funktion
Mkv - no fonktion
Avi. - No fonktion
Foto - no fonktion
Musik - no fonktion
Good Luck

November 18, 2015 - 1:09pm
vipul128's picture
Beta Tester

For TV shows I have a folder structure based on seasons. For example Castle > Season 1 > Castle s01e01 etc. When I go to the folder for this show and some other shows, I sometimes have an additional subfolder with 1 or 2 episodes in them. So I'll have the Season 1 folder with 22 of the 23 episodes but inside that folder will be another Season 1 folder with the 23rd episode. All files are named with similar naming convention so I don't know why that 1 file created it's own subdirectory. This happens on multiple shows and hopefully can be fixed.

November 18, 2015 - 1:22pm
darrenroark's picture

Hi James, since all my suggestions have already been addressed in here already I just wanted to say what great work you have already done here. DTS is back, what a difference that makes. Subtitles working great. Great work so far, I'm looking forward to all the great work ahead.

This is the main reason I bought the new ATV! Apple should waive your dev fees.