463 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 18, 2015 - 1:24pm
kman1's picture
Kudos: 0

Deinterlacing needs to be implemented for videos shot in 60i or other interlaced framerate.

November 18, 2015 - 1:30pm
jangav's picture

Hi,
When can we play:
VIDEO_TS floders
ISO files

Nice Work
Thanks

November 18, 2015 - 2:10pm
Pilatus's picture
Kudos: 20

Is there gonne be a file management option. When you seen a show , that you can delete it?
List view option?
Resume/play from beginning option when you replay a file.
Start up screen is good,but when i go to the next screen (movie) i often end up in setting while touching that silly remote.
Why no AFP???

Quod scripsi, scripsi

November 18, 2015 - 1:47pm
MrBMT's picture
  siska wrote:

apple tv4 with New Firmware , i See my nas and connecting without Problem And i can Save connect information to hier is all Fine And okay -
I can See the folder And my Movie but the Movie can not Play - no Funktion
Mkv - no fonktion
Avi. - No fonktion
Foto - no fonktion
Musik - no fonktion
Good Luck

When you are browsing to the folders, you need to select the top shared folder with your movies in, then hold down the remote trackpad for a few seconds, it will ask if you want to add it as a favourite. Do this, then you'll be able to play your media - all you're doing at the moment is browsing to different folders and not saving them as a favourite.

loniejr wrote:

I dont know if this was asked .. but all my movies are in individual folders ... can you pass the metadata thumbnail pic to the folder ..??

It already does this, my movies are all in individual folders too and the thumbnail is shown if it doesn't work for you the stucture it definitely works with for me is below.

Movies folder structure is like this:
Videos/Movies/Film (Year)/Film (Year).mkv
TV series folder structure is like this:
Videos/TV Series/Series Name/Season 01/Series Name S01E01.mkv or Videos/TV Series/Series Name/Season 01/Series Name S01E01 - Episode name.mkv

November 18, 2015 - 3:48pm
Ghasse4's picture
Kudos: 3

James - great 1st beta.. can't wait for the final release

As many have mentioned, the Dolby/DTS over HDMI is not working correctly for a number of people, including myself. All I hear is hissing sound... I've played around with all settings but to no avail. Can this please be fixed as a matter of urgency? It sucks having to watch stuff in Stereo (2.0 channels). Have tested this with files that either have a Dolby or DTS soundtrack

Current setting with ATV4 when hissing sound is heard whilst playing Dolby/DTS:
Within ATV4:
Settings -> Audio and Video -> Surround Sound -> Auto
Settings -> Audio and Video -> Audio Mode -> Auto
Within Infuse:
Settings -> Dolby/DTS over HDMI -> On

To fix the hissing sound:
Within Infuse:
Settings -> Dolby/DTS over HDMI -> Off (either from Settings or when movie is playing using the trackpad pulldown)

Once the hissing is turned off, the sound is downgraded to Stereo (2.0). Can you please investigate and provide a fix? Thx

EDIT - how to fix this issue:
Within ATV4:
Settings -> Audio and Video -> Surround Sound -> Dolby Surround

That fixed my problem and the receiver now sees the audio as Dolby/DTS stream and outputs 5.1 channels

November 18, 2015 - 1:55pm
jangav's picture
  siska wrote:

apple tv4 with New Firmware , i See my nas and connecting without Problem And i can Save connect information to hier is all Fine And okay -
I can See the folder And my Movie but the Movie can not Play - no Funktion
Mkv - no fonktion
Avi. - No fonktion
Foto - no fonktion
Musik - no fonktion
Good Luck

November 18, 2015 - 2:04pm
Lezz's picture
Kudos: 5

There doesn't seem to be a way to remove downloaded subs that are incorrect

November 18, 2015 - 2:07pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,207
  Ghasse4 wrote:

As many have mentioned, the Dolby/DTS over HDMI is not working correctly for a number of people, including myself. All I hear is hissing sound... I've played around with all settings but to no avail. Can this please be fixed as a matter of urgency? It sucks having to watch stuff in Stereo (2.0 channels). Have tested this with files that either have a Dolby or DTS soundtrack

Within ATV4:
Within Infuse:

Within Infuse:
Settings -> Dolby/DTS over HDMI -> Off (either from Settings or when movie is playing using the trackpad pulldown)

Once the hissing is turned off, the sound is downgraded to Stereo (2.0). Can you please investigate and provide a fix? Thx

What type of device is your Apple TV connected to?

Normally if you hear static, that means the Dolby/DTS audio is making it through, but the receiving device isn't able to properly handle it. A lot of times this will occur if your Apple TV is connected to a TV, and then an audio cable is connected to a receiver, as many TVs cannot decode or pass Dolby/DTS audio through.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 18, 2015 - 2:18pm
LG's picture
LG

Reviews
* Bluetooth headphone support works great
* Metadata collection is very accurate and very much reflects the iOS app. TV Show metadata is hell quick in retrieving!
* Interface is very smooth
* Currently using SMB and performance is very quick

Fixes
* Subtitles come on by default even when flags are not set to Default. Is this due to the "Show Subtitles" setting?
* When Show metadata is collected and is merged the layout is automatically refreshed, the season poster art obscures the Folder name text. If there are multiple seasons and you scroll or if you go up one view (Menu) and back in, the view is fixed.
* Within movie detailed view. Text from Other content in the bottom row is displayed off screen.
* Had one small issue where I paused content, when back to the listings, and 15 minutes later, continued playing the same content. NAS may have been in sleep mode, and the media played and then had to buffer. Spinning wheel froze. A Menu button and a re-play resolved this.

Improvements
* First run tutorial would be nice.
* Menu button twice for screensaver
* In play menu options. Would be nice for one swipe to provide an overlay of subheadings with a ^ (inverse) to pull down more. Then a simple ^ up arrow to indicate it can be hidden away like in the system menus.
* Thumbnail scrubbing as mentioned before
* Background playpack support for things like Settings and other overlays
* Background metadata fetching as an option
* Watched status
* Main menu improvements. I quite like favourites as boxes below. However up top, it would be valuable to have a "Continue playing section" or "Recent watchlist". This would list recently played movies (that aren't finished), either from iPad or iPhone viewing sessions, or previous Apple TV sessions.
* Simarily you could also have a row for "What's new". This would list new media from your favourites.
* With AutoPlay, it might be nice say 30 seconds before the end to display an overlay (and a ^) from the bottom, with details of the "Up next.." media to be played. With a swipe up you can mark the current show as watched and jump into the next show straight away. Would be ideal where you are not sure of what is coming up next.
* Within Movie detailed view. (As mentioned before), a list created with the current selected media with media before and after, instead of beginning from the start of the alphabet/list.
* Within Movie detailed view. A "Related" button, maybe useful, which can source all content which is related. i.e. Movie series, and if available display an overlay of other movies available in that box set to shortcut too. i.e. Fast and furious franchise. Suppose could also be done as an overlay.

November 18, 2015 - 2:50pm
Ghasse4's picture
  james wrote:
  Ghasse4 wrote:

Within ATV4:
Within Infuse:

Within Infuse:

What type of device is your Apple TV connected to?

Normally if you hear static, that means the Dolby/DTS audio is making it through, but the receiving device isn't able to properly handle it. A lot of times this will occur if your Apple TV is connected to a TV, and then an audio cable is connected to a receiver, as many TVs cannot decode or pass Dolby/DTS audio through.

Here's the setup:
Apple TV -> Receiver via HDMI (both audio and video) -> Audio through speakers and Video via HDMI out from Receiver to TV

I'd like to mention that the 5.1 channels are being correctly decoded via Netflix, so there is an issue within Infuse 4...
As far as I can see, when the hissing sound is coming and the soundtrack is supposed to be 5.1, the receiver only sees it as 2.0 (confirmed using settings on receiver).. not sure if that helps?

November 18, 2015 - 2:58pm
jamest.8685's picture
Kudos: 1

Just installed it and went through the setup process. A few notes:
• It found the shared (smb, 2GB hd plugged into an Airport Extreme 6G) but the confirmation that the share worked wasn't clear. Didn't get a clear sense of success - perhaps you need to add back in the Test Connection and/or when saved, you move back a screen and show the mounted share. I made the mistake of clearing the share once - habit, I hit the brightly coloured button - and then had to input a 32-character password again.
• Adding folders was easy, but in one directory I've got shows and seasons of that show in folders within, and then files. It's easier to navigate as a list, but if we can't get that, it'd be great to at least let the parent folder adopt one of the inner folder's artwork. Big white bland folders are mildly annoying.
• Metadata: When you edit a file and adjust metadata, please make the fonts larger and easier to read (more contrast). 55" TV, and I still needed to put my glasses on to pick out the correct listing
• When adding a directory, it'd be great if artwork and metadata would be added without having to slowly scroll down the list of items; currently we need scroll and wait, scroll and wait, 300+ movies worth..
• Also, if there's metadata and artwork in the file, can we use that instead of whatever is now pulling it in? I put all that there for a reason. Wink
• Is there a way to do slow-motion or stepping? Freeze, I got - but I thought tapping the controller edge would do it - maybe it's an Apple thing…
• Sometimes, possibly after having had paused (it's not clear yet when), pressing the menu button once will take you out of the application instead back to the menu or back up a menu level. You need to go back into Infuse, then the favourite, then back in again
• The top-level favourites need either smaller buttons (just text) or a mosaic of images from that directory within them

Otherwise, it's been a faultless performer! All files have tested and run perfectly and I can't wait to have this thing released...

November 18, 2015 - 3:05pm
jouz3's picture

Apart from some already reported bugs everything is already working smoothly. Great first beta!

One thing I really miss from the Apple TV 2 version is the Recently Added list on the home screen. Even if it only updates after opening one of the favorites folders.

Support for multiple accounts (local or trakt) would be a great addition for version 5.0 Smile

November 18, 2015 - 3:10pm
ypevandermolen's picture
Beta Tester

I have added a share with maps with tv shows. All of these maps are schouwing the wrong metadata al of them using WO-ll documentaire. I am running plex dlna wich is shownieuws the correct metadata. Is there a way to reload the MD like in the old atv black infuse?

November 18, 2015 - 3:40pm
Artey's picture

Great work already guys!
Few notes:

Would be nice to have a way to sort the content of a favorite folder based on subfolder name in alphabetical order. For example, I added my NAS share "movies" folder to favorites, but I'm not sure what order it follows to sort my movie folders in it. Is it based on the movie file names instead of the folder (=movie) names?

If the speed of skipping through a movie could be improved a bit, that would be very nice. The app already works pretty swiftly though.

A way to remove incorrect subs would be great. It happens more than once that I need to try a few results from opensubtitles.org before I get the correct one.

November 18, 2015 - 3:39pm
robertwebbe's picture

Please add Sonos sound support.
In that case Infuse can stream the sound in the best quality directly to the system. Sonos has an API for that: http://musicpartners.sonos.com/?q=docs.

November 18, 2015 - 3:46pm
zaxxon's picture

Just got the invite (thanks), but have to go to bed soon. Played around a little, found the following: (sorry, TL;DR all comments)

Excellent idea "press and hold" for favorites!
Nice touch "Move along, nothing to see" Wink

Subtitles shifting only +/- 10 seconds. This week's Homeland had an awfully long banner because of France and therefore a delay of 16 seconds on the video. So 10 seconds might not be enough. Will have to test more to see if 100ms is granular enough. But otherwise well executed subtitle shifting.

Top menu shows "Movies" and "Settings" when actually it's "Favorites"

Wanted to comment on the artwork on favorites and 10second jumping, but then saw it here already. (What about custom jump distance? some might prefer 15 or 30 seconds)

How do you cache video data? On a device with several gigs of RAM, I'd reckon very aggressive caching could eliminate a lot of the waiting when scrubbing a bit of distance.

Adding SMB Movies and TVshows as well as Plex "Recently added" was no problem. But "Recently added" totally unusable, some just showing S02E5 instead of series title. Will investigate.

Are you allowed to define your own gestures on the remote-pad? (like two-finger up/down, circle etc.)

till tomorrow

November 18, 2015 - 4:10pm
arcadelt's picture
  billy197 wrote:

im in the UK so you also need to turn UK english off for it to work. Of course this disables Siri across the system as it only works once your language and region are the same. I assume that will be sorted.

Funny, I used Australian English and have no issues at all.

November 18, 2015 - 5:22pm
bradenwright's picture

I have noticed that the cover art on many of my movies does not display the correct cover until I select it from the view that appear with all of the thumbnails at the bottom that are displayed when looking at the details of another movie. Once the thumbnail is selected it will show the correct cover but it will not stay until you play the movie for a few seconds. If you back out before playing the movie, the cover art will revert back to the incorrect cover.

November 18, 2015 - 8:14pm
TheMadHatter's picture

Observations so far:

• Needs .ISO support (if this is unable to be done in an App Store release, then hopefully a side-load version can be made.) Wink
• When setting up a share, the protocol can't seem to be changed.
• The beta can't seem to figure out if it wants to use the grid or inline row of letters for text entry.
• Vob subtitles are inconsistent from file to file when displayed.
• Sort order (and Title display) are a bit wonky (especially for TV shows).
• Also, how about have a way to clear the 'recently viewed' display on main ATV menu? (you know, incase someone wants to watch something naughty) Wink

Other than that, it (and the Team) is doing a great job. Smile

November 18, 2015 - 8:14pm
arcadelt's picture
  james wrote:

Infuse actually does both. You can definitely leave a big pile of episodes in a single folder and Infuse will group them accordingly.

You can also organize them yourself using the structure of: series/season x/files

E.G.

Lost/Season 1/Lost.S01.E02.mkv

James, I have just discovered that the characterstics of folders and TV episodes varies greatly depending on what protocol you use to connect to your shares. Using SMB I see all folders, whether empty or not, and folders show artwork manually added. Using UPnP, only folders with content are displayed, but no folder artwork is shown. The behaviour of how Infuse groups episodes is also different between the two protocols, especially how it deals with TV shows that only have one season. With SMB it brings those up one folder level, but with UPnP it leaves them where they are. So with SMB I have a single season folders mixed in with TV show folders, but with UPnP I get single season one folder inside a TV show folder. Is this behaviour something to do with the protocol and thus unchangeable by Firecore, or is this something you guys have played with?

Edit: For the record, my original folder structure was setup on the ATV 2 to use SMB, and I only discovered this with the ATV 4 because it offered a UPnP share.

November 18, 2015 - 9:16pm
sebastienl.4755's picture

hi james,

so far really really great. i have a suggestion in the way shares are added. a lot of us have many shares across NAS or many external drives, with maybe a movie folder on each share and a tv folder on each share. i have stuff for kids etc... it would be nice if you could "merge" folders so that i can select all my "movies" folders across all my shares and make it appear as one "movie" folder, then merge other folders and name it something else... you get the idea... the way it's set up now makes me have 12 favorites which are folders across all my external drives... i'd like to bring that down to one favorite per family member for example. when you open the app, the family member clicks on its name, then it's further divided in MOVIES or TV...

what do you think?

November 18, 2015 - 11:35pm
billywanzi's picture

Hi Firecore,

Just wanted you guys to know that I received the invite for beta testing (thank you very much by the way). I should have time coming weekend to testdrive the new Apple TV app. Will keep you all posted!

November 18, 2015 - 11:40pm
NvD's picture
NvD

Thanks for the invite! I didn't get to watch anything yet, but I walked through the initial setup. I also had an issue with the wrong keyboard layout when entering a password (so half of the page was outside the screen boundaries). Using menu button fixed it on second try. I also encountered an issue when I finished adding folders from my library. Pressing the menu button brought me straight back to the ATV home instead of a "page-up". This happened multiple times. First impressions though: looking great! Keep up the good work.

November 19, 2015 - 12:16am
Ghill's picture

Unlike on Infuse for Apple TV Black, this new one did not recognise top folder for TV shows. I have them in following folder structure: Show -> Season ## -> Episodes.

Issue 1 - The Metadata fetching starts only when I enter the particular TV show
Issue 2 - In one particular from 8 seasons - 6 are displayed correctly (as season posters), 1 is displayed as screenshot and 1 is displayed as blank folder. The result is, that because of that in top level (list of all shows) this particular show does not have any image, nor text underneath

November 19, 2015 - 12:30am
siska's picture

Sorry, at the Moment i can Play all Movie , folder Switch is ok , Serie Stapel is Fine with Cover dts Sound is ok but no dts hd

November 19, 2015 - 1:52am
CkjBeOS's picture

Feed-back after some plays...

• Let choose user to display on aTV slide, recent added, and not recent showed (option in settings would be great)
  • All format played but ! some mkv playback is with strange poor quality ;( but this same is ok on iPhone 6
    I play video from my NAS QNAP TS-231 or my MacMini, both use TwonkyMedia as DLNA server, no transcoding !

All of the rest rocks !!! it's a great app. I like the iOS edition, i like too the aTV edition...

Regards,
Cedric - Pixs'n Bits

November 19, 2015 - 2:23am
johoo's picture
Beta Tester

I did read this topic a few times now, but i can't see a reply from James why there is DTS but no DTS hdma and same with Dolby/Dolby True hd.

Is this being solved or is it a license issue?

November 19, 2015 - 2:33am
Rassilon's picture

A couple of observations.

My current setup with my Apple TV has the sound output is routed to an Airport Express that gives some alternate speaker output my HiFi system
I was able to connect to the Time Capsule and authenticate to the main data folder without any problems.

When I installed the beta version of infuse this the sound source was pointing at the Apple TV native HDMI output which I don’t normally use.
I did note that instead of the UI behaving similar to the Firecore Infuse on ATV2 where you have a list of folders and when you open the folder a list of video files, this version of your app only presents this view when selecting a files to attribute as favourites.

Once selected only way to play the files is from the favourite view, was a bit clunky to be honest. The way you had its set up in ATV2 was way easier where you could just drill to a list of files and select the one you want to instantly play that file. (just some UI feedback)
The new way of presenting the files as tiles is like every other app thats doing the rounds either in NAS stream or media stream so if you had the option to adopt the same way you selected the file in ATV2 that would differentiate your app to the others that have sprung up.

Ok.. maybe this next one is a bug..

After I realised I hadn’t selected the AirPlay speaker option (which was not present in the title menu within the app (I suspect that will be added)) I used the multi task select option within TVOS navigated back to the TVOS setup menu and pointed the speaker output back to Airplay. when I switched back to Infuse all seemed ok until I attempted to play a media file. All i got was a blank screen with the time line present, no sound and no video..

I restarted the Infuse beta app but encountered the same problem. There now seemed to be a lengthy delay in reconnecting to the TimeCapsule share that was stored in favourite.. I ended up deleting the favourite and reestablishing a new one. no change still no video other than the timeline bar and no audio.

I then checked another couple of apps just in case the TVOS media player had corrupted.. It was normal and other apps were using both the video and audio features without problems.

I then deleted the app and reinstalled … still no change..

So my next step is to perform a reset on the ATV and reinstall infuse beta and Il let you know if that corrects the problem

November 19, 2015 - 2:42am
Rassilon's picture

Just wanted to add when your presented with an episodic view when you select the file you then need to swipe up to hit the play button, double selecting the file doesn't automatically begin playing the file which is annoying if your just checking which episode your seeking. therefore its select ,swipe up, play, view exit, select and repeat would be easier if its was select, select again (starts playing file) hitting the menu button moving to the next file and selecting twice again to start playback..

November 19, 2015 - 2:59am
Ghill's picture

Additinal comments to TV series

1. All Series are correctly displayed, but top level metadata not loaded - stays on top between unloaded items
  2. Resolved numbering within season, it still stays 'blank' did not load the 'season' poster

Movies:
1. I have 2 movies with same name - Army of Darjkness - 2 folders, one Army of Darkness (1992) second Army of Darkness [1992] - they do not show in list at all
2. Metadata fetching for movies folder does not load for the whole set, only for 'visible' on screen at the moment, I have to scroll slowly to load them as they appear

Overall comment
1. I really miss the possibility for list view (with side poster)
2. ability to search within the selected list
3. Ability to configure favorites folders' image
4. Also missing watched/unwatched ticker/view