henk004's picture
Kudos: 0

Hello,

(sorry for my bad English)
I like infuse! but..
Infuse on my apple tv is slower then PLex

If I start a movie in Plex (without subs) the movie start immediately
If I skip through the movie then the movie start fast after a couple of seconds
(also there is a little thumbnail/preview what is nice to have in Infuse also!)

With Inuse there is a lot of buffering (like 20-30 seconds) when a start or skip a movie.

This will be modified ?

Like to hear from you.

greetings from Holland

November 19, 2015 - 3:07am
BanRay's picture

Hi,

So far it looks good!

One suggestion: I have a lot of empty TV Shows folders, since after watching I delete the file (but not the folder). At this time I only see metadata for the folders that actually contain a file. It would be nice if the metadata was also fetched based on the folder name, so that even empty folders would show a nice picture instead of the current white card with a picture of a folder on it. Is that possible?

November 19, 2015 - 3:37am
arcadelt's picture
Kudos: 1
  Ghill wrote:

Issue 1 - The Metadata fetching starts only when I enter the particular TV show

+1

November 19, 2015 - 4:07am
mrath's picture

It is extremely hard to comprehend what has already been mentioned, and I'm sorry, but didn't bother reading all the previous issues that were reported. Maybe you can consider using an issue tracker? I have good experiences with BugTower, which is free for smaller projects (issue posters will need to sign up for an account, though). That way people can also upvote enhancement suggestions, or provide updates to issues.

I have only encountered a few issues so far:
- Fetching metadata takes a long time for me. I will try again today, and also update with the count of my media library.
- TV shows are not parsed when the season and episode is specified as ESS, e.g. 312 for season 3, episode 12 (S03E12). Thus, they don't make it into the correct season folder/group.

And a few enhancements:
- Make it optional to either use fetched cover art for a movie, or an image in the folder. Right now, it seems like only the image in the folder is used, if there is one.
- Display information about the media in the media view (at least resolution could be fetched from the file name - HDTV/1080p/750p/BRRip/etc.)

November 19, 2015 - 4:22am
SubElement's picture
  johoo wrote:

I did read this topic a few times now, but i can't see a reply from James why there is DTS but no DTS hdma and same with Dolby/Dolby True hd.

Is this being solved or is it a license issue?

Yes! Can we please just get a yes or no if this is going to be possible?

November 19, 2015 - 4:43am
Ger Hoogendoorn's picture

Thanks for the beta, which works very well. Th only issue i have are missing dutch subtitles. With the Infuse app on mij iPad, the subtitles are present.

November 19, 2015 - 5:12am
beresfda's picture

James,

Should ISO files be viewable in this Beta version? If not, are there any timelines as to when ISO files will be supported?

November 19, 2015 - 5:55am
kman1's picture

Update on the TS playback story:

I remapped my network shares in Infuse using the SMB protocol rather than dlna/upnp. Now Infuse seems to be able to play TS type files, as follows:
- I have a few reference clips from native BR files in M2TS format. It plays those fine.
- clips shot with an older HD camcorder (using mpeg2 codec) in M2T format play fine but with jaggies due to lack of deinterlacing.
- clips shot with a newer AVCHD camcorder in MTS format start to play but freeze after a few seconds. AFAIK, decoding AVC is very CPU intensive plus the high bitrate of 24mbps probably does not help. I don't have high hopes that Infuse will ever play these files well.
- TV broadcasts captured in TS format: some play fine (without proper deinterlacing however), some don't play at all. Strangely, I took one of the TS files Infuse would not play and rewrapped it (no transcoding!) in an MP4 container. Infuse plays that fine! So what's the story there?
- in general for all file types, playback start takes several seconds of buffering which is kinda annoying when viewing a clips that itself is only several seconds long.

Any plans to fully and properly support these file / container formats? As I mentioned before, my Panasonic TV plays all of the above just fine and playback start is near instantaneous (no buffering) over the same wired network as the Apple TV.

November 19, 2015 - 7:21am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,264
  johoo wrote:

I did read this topic a few times now, but i can't see a reply from James why there is DTS but no DTS hdma and same with Dolby/Dolby True hd.

Is this being solved or is it a license issue?

We have all the necessary licenses, but sadly it seems the Apple TV does not support 24bit audio passthrough.

It's an OS level issue, and unfortunately we haven't found any way around it. Frown

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 19, 2015 - 7:23am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,264
  beresfda wrote:

James,

Should ISO files be viewable in this Beta version? If not, are there any timelines as to when ISO files will be supported?

ISO/VIDEO_TS files are something we hope to support in the future, but we don't have an ETA right now.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 19, 2015 - 7:33am
mrplow's picture
Beta Tester

James,

Is it worth posting a sticky about which video and audio types are currently supported, in progress, considered for future, not possible? (or similar).

It's just that it seems to be a repeating topic in various posts.

November 19, 2015 - 8:03am
sound214's picture

Is there any way to sort TV shows into season folders? I have them sorted as per http://support.firecore.com/entries/23704917-M... (that includes putting them into season folders). However, when I click a TV show, all episodes are presented in one large junk.

Clearifications:

I want:

TV show
Season x
Episodes

November 19, 2015 - 8:09am
mrplow's picture
Beta Tester
  sound214 wrote:

Is there any way to sort TV shows into season folders? I have them sorted as per http://support.firecore.com/entries/23704917-M... (that includes putting them into season folders). However, when I click a TV show, all episodes are presented in one large junk.

Clearifications:

I want:

TV show
Season x
Episodes

Mine is exactly like you describe: Show - Season thumbnails - episodes.

A couple of things I found:
You have to let the metadata completely load before the episodes are sorted into season folders.
If you have any files for which there is no metadata it 'breaks' the functionality and the Season doesn't get a thumbnail or organised until that file is removed or has correct metadata found for it.

November 19, 2015 - 8:38am
niceday1's picture

Not important...but is really bugging me.

I cannot get any cover art for the film Predator 2 but the rest of the metadata is complete. I tried to Edit again but there is only 1 version of Predator 2 to select and it still doesn't provide the cover art.

Does anyone have this film with cover art showing?

November 19, 2015 - 11:38am
sound214's picture
  mrplow wrote:

Mine is exactly like you describe: Show - Season thumbnails - episodes.

A couple of things I found:
You have to let the metadata completely load before the episodes are sorted into season folders.
If you have any files for which there is no metadata it 'breaks' the functionality and the Season doesn't get a thumbnail or organised until that file is removed or has correct metadata found for it.

Hm... I just can't get it to work this way. I have all the metadata - added manually via Subler. Do you need it to download metadata automatically via Infuse? Also, when clicking en episode to get the Play button/information, all the episodes from that season are listed below, only that doesn't work. Instead, all episodes are listed below, sorted (although correctly) from s01e01 to s99e99. Infuse does however correctly tells me which season and episode each file is.

EDIT:

Okey, it seems I can get it to work by clicking "Edit" and let it fetch all the metadata itself. However, all of my shows aren't available on http://themoviedb.org, and thus unable to be sorted the way I want. Also, when letting Infuse fetch the metadata automatically, the shows sometimes (but not always) lose their title (and season) in the library view, and even sorted last, overruling the alphabet sorting.

November 19, 2015 - 9:39am
slumpolo's picture

Tested some H265 files:
- 720P play smoth without problem
- 1080P lost a lot o frames... a lot Smile

My ATV was connected via WiFi AC.

Great work!

November 19, 2015 - 9:45am
tj.langford's picture

Super happy with this application! For a beta it is working extremely well.

Couple of suggestions:

• on the DTS/Dolby passthrough, it would be a great option if these were separated. I use a Sonos Playbar and know that it can support Dolby, but not DTS so will never want to pass-through DTS.
  • Is there a way to combine multiple shares under one favourite? I have several sources for movies, but need to create a separate "share" for each. would be nice if they could combine and just create favourites for Movies, TV, Home Movies, etc.

Great job!!

November 19, 2015 - 9:47am
ray4you's picture

Infuse on Atv4 works very nice, good job !

Any comments / wishes :

• Installed infuse on my Atv2 long time ago, my vob-files (video_ts ) with metadata are flawless on screen and looks very nice. Is there any chance that this will be supported on
    the Atv4.
  • Also no music files can be read ( mp3 or flac )
  • Is it possible that you directly can delete the files with infuse from your NAS.
  • On the Atv2 there was a very nice wallpapers/screensavers from all the music artists, when you play a song. ( LastFM ) is this also coming on the Atv4
  • Is it also possible to change the background from Infuse
  • I really miss the cover art like infuse the app.

Keep up the good and hope that the vob and iso files soon will be supported !

November 19, 2015 - 10:04am
maxfui's picture

I can't wait for Watched/Unwatched feature after 3 days for me is all good, just one problem: sometimes the "loading process" is unstoppable and than when this task had finished all info disappear I mean Setting and Movie tab are empty.

November 19, 2015 - 12:19pm
Rassilon's picture

"I really miss the possibility for list view (with side poster)"
I can't understate how elegant that solution was versus the current style within the beta (lets hope your considering this as an option in the setup for viewing files)

November 19, 2015 - 12:45pm
sound214's picture

Hm, Infuse for iOS are able to sort my tv shows into seasons, but not Infuse for tvOS...

EDIT: Just realised this is because I had activated list view on iOS. Do you need list view to sort into seasons?

November 19, 2015 - 12:49pm
Rassilon's picture
  Ghill wrote:

Additinal comments to TV series

1. All Series are correctly displayed, but top level metadata not loaded - stays on top between unloaded items
  2. Resolved numbering within season, it still stays 'blank' did not load the 'season' poster

Movies:
1. I have 2 movies with same name - Army of Darjkness - 2 folders, one Army of Darkness (1992) second Army of Darkness [1992] - they do not show in list at all
2. Metadata fetching for movies folder does not load for the whole set, only for 'visible' on screen at the moment, I have to scroll slowly to load them as they appear

Overall comment
1. I really miss the possibility for list view (with side poster)
2. ability to search within the selected list
3. Ability to configure favorites folders' image
4. Also missing watched/unwatched ticker/view

Me too I really miss the simplicity of the list view with the side poster it was a standout feature in ATV2 firecore

November 19, 2015 - 1:20pm
Bill0199's picture

Not part of the beta test but thought I'd put in a feature request. In list view it is painful to scroll through all my movies. A page scroll would be a nice addition. Thanks.

November 19, 2015 - 1:33pm
schmitz's picture
  OWG wrote:

Super happy with this application! For a beta it is working extremely well.

Couple of suggestions:

• on the DTS/Dolby passthrough, it would be a great option if these were separated. I use a Sonos Playbar and know that it can support Dolby, but not DTS so will never want to pass-through DTS.
  • Is there a way to combine multiple shares under one favourite? I have several sources for movies, but need to create a separate "share" for each. would be nice if they could combine and just create favourites for Movies, TV, Home Movies, etc.

Great job!!

• I would be also very happy, to have the possibility to combine multiple shared folders under one favorite!
  • DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD passtrough would be very nice. The HDMI 1.4 Port of the AppleTV should support it, but I think there could be problems with licensing?
  • I tested some movies with Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus audio tracks, these movies play only stereo instead of 5.1 sound.

Otherwise, I think that you have done a great job!

November 19, 2015 - 2:02pm
zaxxon's picture

General question:

Should we repeat problems that were already stated to show that they happen to multiple people?
Should we request features several times so the need becomes clear?

Or is it enough to keep up with the blog when we notice something while using Infuse and shut up if it's been already reported?

Because I also noticed that scrubbing within the movie always takes several seconds to reload, and sometimes "crashes" the app to the favorites.
And I'd also like to be able to start playing an episode by double-clicking instead of having to swipe up (post #150).

And should we include Movie names and positions when reporting crashes/hickups? Or is there any way to help squash out this behavior?

November 19, 2015 - 2:36pm
SWEiNSANE's picture

Done some more testing and I'm impressed how fluid and easy to use InFuse really are. DTS-output, metadata and and subtitle download works flawlessly. The only technical issue I've had so far is that the sound has disappeared some times after I bring down the menu when watching a movie. I would be nice to have random movie posters and TV-series posters on the folders that I select as favorites and as I can see you already planned this in version 4.1 - keep up the good work FireCore Smile

November 19, 2015 - 2:41pm
SWEiNSANE's picture

One nice feature reuquest I have is that it should be possible to create different accounts like in Netflix. Each account can have their own favorites and it should be possible to PIN protect each account if applicable. In this way I can create an account for my son that only shows the favorite that points to the movies that are suitable for children.

November 19, 2015 - 3:09pm
Andrew.dresner's picture

Hi James,

So far really impressed with the beta, an exceptional effort in a short time.

A few things from me:
- when searching for metadata, would be good to show the filename to ensure you're picking against the correct item
- can you add capability to play iTunes movie content as per the old atv flash version of infuse
- would be useful to auto scroll to top of a list when the bottom is reached
- add a search function within the app (plus as others have mentioned link to main search Api)
- can't seem to return to the favourites screen when scrolling through a folder. If I swipe up to the top menu I can see movies and settings but how do you return to favourites? [update - just realised you can use menu button to do this]
- metadata fetching for tv series generally excellent but top level folders can get confused. For example band of brothers top level folder has title "season 1" rather than "band of brothers" (although cover art is fine). On the other hand x-files folders look perfect and top level folder called "x files" but no cover art on top level folder (sub folders show art correctly).

Playback seems very good so far excepting my comment above on iTunes movie content

November 19, 2015 - 3:57pm
virtualbox's picture

Hi James, quick update on testing the new version:

1. Adding network shares:
    1.a SMB shares (guest access): OK
    1.b Apple TV SFTP: OK
    1.c Plex (DLNA): OK
    Adding shares is pretty straightforward. I was slightly confused when adding the first share the fields "share name" (nas02 in my case) and address (nas02.local). Actually field address seems not showing the complete FQDN (which is nas02.topolinia.local). Same behavior for Apple TV share. The Plex share was showing indeed correct/complete FQDN.
  2. Adding favorites:
    Adding and removing works OK. Added 4 items (DVD, Movies, TV Shows, Test)
    I’m using filebot to organize my folders (Movies and TV Shows). DVD and Test have been used to test metadata fetching when media files are less structured.

General impression: Fav names are slightly too small compared to the fav icon (gray box with star). I suggest you consider to increase the font size and use a different icon. The 4th fav item is not seen on the screen so you don’t know it’s there unless you scroll right.

I miss a “library” feature I’d rather like to see Movies / TV Shows on the main menu.

In addition to Settings, consider a adding a shortcut “Add Share” as a top level menu. Not a biggie, considering people will not use that on daily basis.

1. Adding metadata:
    Works well. Very good accuracy (that said my media files are well structured/named). Download is a bit slow for large folder (e.g. my DVD fodler with hundreds of movies took some time even on 100Mbit connection).

For TV Shows, you have to go inside each show, to get the download process going. Would be better to automatically start it.

If multiple seasons for a show are present, the name/number of the season is only shows on the current selected item. Would be good to show for all.

Going into a TV Show season, fanart/backgroung pic is not good. Certainly different from iPad version. It looks like just a blurred picture of media screenshot.

Scrolling down to navigate from one episode to the next, it does not automatically update the metadata on the upper screen, only when pressed it will do that.

1. Playback. Seems all good. tried different media, various encoding, subtitles, etc. Nothing to report. Only 1 movie at 1080p showed slightly signs of frames dropping at certain scenes. Is there a way to display stats/debugging?
  November 19, 2015 - 4:56pm
Lezz's picture
Kudos: 5
  virtualbox wrote:

If multiple seasons for a show are present, the name/number of the season is only shows on the current selected item. Would be good to show for all.

This is how it should work per Apple interface guidelines. It is present throughout the system.