463 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 19, 2015 - 6:01pm
zcrackery's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi James
infuse pro about what time can be purchased at the store to apple tv?

November 19, 2015 - 6:27pm
sebastienl.4755's picture
Kudos: 1

What happens for shows in another language? I have shows in different languages and it always tries to fetch the English equivalent. When you go to edit a metadata there should be an option to select what language is the show.

Also I noticed that when metadata is not found for a show it just doesn't up in the folder. Plex does that and I hate it thats why I don't use plex. I want infuse to show me everything in the folders even if it can't find it. I have a lot of missing shows now because of that

November 19, 2015 - 6:39pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,264
  zcrackery wrote:

Hi James

We're working hard to wrap it up.

For now, if you buy the iOS version (standalone Pro app or In-App purchase) you'll get an automatic, free upgrade to Infuse 4 (for both iOS and tvOS).

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 19, 2015 - 6:40pm
james's picture
Staff
  sebastienl.4755 wrote:

What happens for shows in another language? I have shows in different languages and it always tries to fetch the English equivalent. When you go to edit a metadata there should be an option to select what language is the show.

Also I noticed that when metadata is not found for a show it just doesn't up in the folder. Plex does that and I hate it thats why I don't use plex. I want infuse to show me everything in the folders even if it can't find it. I have a lot of missing shows now because of that

Infuse will default to using the language that the Apple TV is set to. You can override this by adjusting the language settings in the Infuse settings menu.

November 19, 2015 - 6:45pm
james's picture
Staff
  mrplow wrote:

James,

Is it worth posting a sticky about which video and audio types are currently supported, in progress, considered for future, not possible? (or similar).

It's just that it seems to be a repeating topic in various posts.

As a rule of thumb, 4.0 for Apple TV will support the same formats as Infuse 3 for iOS, which are listed here. http://firecore.com/infuse

Of course, that list may be expanding in the future. Wink

November 19, 2015 - 8:39pm
zcrackery's picture
  james wrote:
  zcrackery wrote:

Hi James

We're working hard to wrap it up.

For now, if you buy the iOS version (standalone Pro app or In-App purchase) you'll get an automatic, free upgrade to Infuse 4 (for both iOS and tvOS).

What time is expected to be used in apple tv?

November 19, 2015 - 8:51pm
lihuihz's picture

Hi,

I'm newbie here, may I ask some improvement feature

1. subtitle time offset enlarge, I know there is +/- 10 secs option for us, but sometime some movie can find very few subtitles for download, and most of them are not sync correct, and time offset exceed 10 sec. Such as Kodi, the offset range is +/- 60 secs
  2. video loading speed enhancement, comparing to Kodi, when I play a video from smb share or other stream service, the loading time is very long comparing to Kodi, when I use Kodi, I could say there's no waiting time for me, but using Infuse, I must waiting for a much long time, the different between that I think everyone could be aware of. So is there any plan for improving that?
  November 19, 2015 - 9:31pm
sebastienl.4755's picture

I saw that, however it will change the language for all the shows. There needs to be a way to select languages individually when correcting metadata

What can I do for shows or movies not showing up??? I can't correct metadata since it's not showing up

November 19, 2015 - 11:43pm
zlep's picture
  james wrote:
  mrplow wrote:

James,

Is it worth posting a sticky about which video and audio types are currently supported, in progress, considered for future, not possible? (or similar).

It's just that it seems to be a repeating topic in various posts.

As a rule of thumb, 4.0 for Apple TV will support the same formats as Infuse 3 for iOS, which are listed here. http://firecore.com/infuse

Of course, that list may be expanding in the future. Wink

As soon as it supports ISO I will buy it instantly. Looks very good. Thanks

November 20, 2015 - 1:16am
ton's picture
ton

With folders and subfolders the folder.jpg are nicely showing. I can however find no way to show the folder.jpg at the top level. Toplever meaning those on the start screen in horizontal way. Now only (rather smaal) folder name is showing with a generic picture of a star.

Is this a beta thing or do I have the name it different or ...

November 20, 2015 - 1:35am
NvD's picture
NvD

Finally had some time to play around and actually watch something :). I love the out-of-the-box support of DTS-passthrough. I was really disappointed the Plex app didn't support that (yet). I did encounter some issues though. When watching a 1080p movie it froze about 3 or 4 times and I had to quit the movie to get it working again. (it was 1080p + DTS). Besides that, I agree with a lot of the previous comments. Folder/Favourites pictures would be very nice, fast forwarding using a different remote (Harmony i.e.) would be highly appreciated. Progress status is one thing I miss as well ...

Nice work though already! Picture and sound quality are very good, the subtitle download option is very quick and practical :). I think stability is one of the main issues for now. I had to 'hard' close the app a couple of times while navigating through menus (freezes)

November 20, 2015 - 2:20am
Wouterr's picture

Hi James,
Great beta. Love it. Makes the aTV a versatile media player at last. After 20 pages of feedback, basically all has been mentioned already. To give things some priority, let me repeat my main issues:
- (missing:) list view
- (bug:) sometimes when in some folder, pressing 'menu' makes the app close. This can only be repaired by killing the app and restarting it.

For the rest: thanks, I am happy.

November 20, 2015 - 2:40am
carletors's picture
Beta Tester

Great job with the beta!
By far the best local contenct mediaplayer for ATV4 right now - but infuse for ATV2 is still superior but my hopes is that many of the functions and layout from ATV2 will be ported somehow.

Suggestions:
* List view of movies. Endless scrolling right now.
* First page to be more like Plex, with latest watched, recently added etc instead of the dull, uninformativ look right now.
* Drop down menu like other mediapps where the movie wont pause

Bugs (?)
* Metadata from a SMB share is handled perfectly but the same share, but with DLNA connection handles metadata in a different way. For movies in a single folder the experience is the same, but for series with a season subfolders the behaviour differs. SMB will show artwork for folders (series, seasons and episode) but on DLNA (with the exact same folder structure) the artwork won't show up for the main folder and for season folders. It will also create a subfolder to the season folder, but this one will have the artwork displayed. Kind of strange.
* Subtitles (.srt files with the same name as the movie) wont display in DLNA connection. Downloaded subs from the drop down menu will show.
* Some choppiness when watching 1080p-material (havent checked 720p). I'm on a wired connection so that shouldn't be the matter.

November 20, 2015 - 2:40am
MarccoW's picture

First of all, thank you for inviting to test this excellent beta! I use this with Finnish translation, so some of the buttons and menu items looks weird but I understood that this is in progress already. Anyway, mostly app is working fluently. Mp4, avi, mkv files are working nicely with both .srt and .sub files. Also connecting my Time Capsule was easy. Most of the issues I have found is on your to do-list already but here is few You could think to the near future updates:
- Remove recently watched items (one by one/all)
- Move front page = favorites, slide upwards change between settings/favorites(maybe renamed movies). So no need to be sub menu in upper part at all.
- Add +icon to favorites to open shares (f.e. opening files that you don´t want add to favorites)
- Lock folders with pin code
- Editable folder picture (f.e. Donald Duck photo to the background of kids movies-folder)
- Any change to get support to photos? I would love to share our family photos from our network share to big screen with Infuse-like app!

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

MarccoW

MarccoW

November 20, 2015 - 3:18am
Winstonthedog's picture
  senator wrote:

when i click on a file on my windows share (avi, mov, etc.), the movie does not begin to play!

Had a similar experience to Senator. It wasn't obvious that to add a favorite you need to highlight a particular folder and hold the touch pad button until the popup appears. It was also a bit odd that when you add a favorite you can see all the files in a folder. This leads to trying to play the file directly.

Perhaps the following UI changes would make things more intuitive:
- When adding favorite folders, put an ellipses icon next to folder names that can be clicked on to add the folder to favorites (instead of the click and hold which isn't mentioned anywhere in the UI)
- don't show the files in folders when adding a favorite (obviously do show them when once added to favorites).

Apart from that, the experience is very positive and a big thumbs up!

Re your beta testing questions:

• I connected to multiple Synology NASs (DS214 play, DS412+, DS112+) perfectly.
  • Tested both DNLA/UPnP and SMB connections and had no issues
  • The only minor connection issue I saw was that the SMB connection to one of my NASs didn't show up automatically: Auto discovery worked for all 3 NASs for DLNA/UPnP, but only for 2 for SMB. Haven't had a chance to look into why (protentially a setting on the particular NAS in question). This was a very minor issue though, as I could manually connect to the via SMB to the NAS that didn't show up.
  • Meta data pulled accurately for my main movies folder
  • I'm yet to test persistence of the meta data
  • When the summary is longer than the preview allows there is no way to read more
  November 20, 2015 - 8:38am
Lezz's picture
Kudos: 5

James, It's good to see a roadmap with upcoming features like you posted in the first post. if possible I would like this tranparency to continue after the beta Smile

November 20, 2015 - 8:41am
SubElement's picture

Nice update! I'll do some testing when I get some time.

One question, is a LIST view in the works?

November 20, 2015 - 9:04am
mihi-chan's picture

First of all, thank you for the beta invite! I really like Infuse 4 so far.

I guess most things to improve have already been mentioned, but I ran into some issues when trying to play higher quality files, both HD and SD when using DLNA/UPnP. I'm streaming my files from a WD MyCloud Mirror with a wired connection, so I guess I can exclude network speed as the reason for my problems. I accessed my NAS with both SMB and DLNA. While SMB takes longer to open folders, I can play all my files (even completely uncompressed ones with 30GB+...) without any issues. However, if I try to open the same videos with DLNA, I get the loading icon for a while (same as with SMB), but then I get a message saying "An error occurred loading this content.". Sometimes the file would start playing but as soon as I skip ahead even for a few seconds, I get the error message. Lower quality files play without problems even through a DLNA connection.

Just to make sure it's not the fault of my NAS, I tried opening the same files in some competing apps. Both NAStify and Video Explorer opened the videos in question through DLNA without any hiccups. So as I can both exclude the performance of my connection and my NAS as the culprits for the videos not playing, I guess there must be some sort of bug when using a DLNA share.

But as I said, all in all, I really like Infuse so far and I'm really looking forward to the next versions! Keep up the good work! Smile

Greets,
Michael

Edit: I just updated to the new build 1136, but unfortunately, the issues described above are still there. Confused

November 20, 2015 - 9:57am
vipul128's picture
Beta Tester

I organize my TV shows in the following way:

Lost \ Season 1 \ Lost - S01E01 - whatever

Sometimes, I'll differentiate the season folders to state if it's a bluray rip or dvdrip or just an mkv like this:

Lost \ Season 1 [BLURAY] \ Lost - S01E01 - whatever

I've found that when I have anything else after the Season 1, the metadata is not pulled and the nice show page with all the episodes that you can scroll through that the bottom don't appear. If I remove the [BLURAY] or whatever designation after Season 1, then the metadata is pulled and I am able to see the scrolling list of episodes at the bottom.

Hopefully this can be fixed as I like to differentiate what types of rips I have.

Also, is there a certain way I can manually search for a TV show's metadata that maybe I'm not doing right? It looks like whenever I hit edit on a TV show episode I only get movie results in the search.

Otherwise, this is a great app and justifies my AppleTV 4 purchase! Keep up the great work!

November 20, 2015 - 10:31am
james's picture
Staff
  vipul128 wrote:

I organize my TV shows in the following way:

Lost \ Season 1 \ Lost - S01E01 - whatever

Sometimes, I'll differentiate the season folders to state if it's a bluray rip or dvdrip or just an mkv like this:

Lost \ Season 1 [BLURAY] \ Lost - S01E01 - whatever

I've found that when I have anything else after the Season 1, the metadata is not pulled and the nice show page with all the episodes that you can scroll through that the bottom don't appear. If I remove the [BLURAY] or whatever designation after Season 1, then the metadata is pulled and I am able to see the scrolling list of episodes at the bottom.

Hopefully this can be fixed as I like to differentiate what types of rips I have.

Also, is there a certain way I can manually search for a TV show's metadata that maybe I'm not doing right? It looks like whenever I hit edit on a TV show episode I only get movie results in the search.

Otherwise, this is a great app and justifies my AppleTV 4 purchase! Keep up the great work!

For performance reasons we need to limit which folders are supported for season sorting, so unfortunately there's no easy way for us to support additional parameters in the season naming scheme.

However, we may look at adding minor variations in the future such as 'Season1' and 'Season 01'.

November 20, 2015 - 10:52am
james's picture
Staff
  mihi-chan wrote:

First of all, thank you for the beta invite! I really like Infuse 4 so far.

I guess most things to improve have already been mentioned, but I ran into some issues when trying to play higher quality files, both HD and SD when using DLNA/UPnP. I'm streaming my files from a WD MyCloud Mirror with a wired connection, so I guess I can exclude network speed as the reason for my problems. I accessed my NAS with both SMB and DLNA. While SMB takes longer to open folders, I can play all my files (even completely uncompressed ones with 30GB+...) without any issues. However, if I try to open the same videos with DLNA, I get the loading icon for a while (same as with SMB), but then I get a message saying "An error occurred loading this content.". Sometimes the file would start playing but as soon as I skip ahead even for a few seconds, I get the error message. Lower quality files play without problems even through a DLNA connection.

Just to make sure it's not the fault of my NAS, I tried opening the same files in some competing apps. Both NAStify and Video Explorer opened the videos in question through DLNA without any hiccups. So as I can both exclude the performance of my connection and my NAS as the culprits for the videos not playing, I guess there must be some sort of bug when using a DLNA share.

But as I said, all in all, I really like Infuse so far and I'm really looking forward to the next versions! Keep up the good work! Smile

Greets,
Michael

Edit: I just updated to the new build 1136, but unfortunately, the issues described above are still there. Confused

Actually, you may try using Wi-Fi as the ATV4 supports 802.11ac which provides 1 gig speeds. The built-in ethernet is only 10/100, so it will be significantly slower.

November 20, 2015 - 11:20am
patm.395's picture
Beta Tester

I'm glad you added the universal remote option. Works great. I (and a lot of people) have home theatre set ups with Universal Remotes.

November 20, 2015 - 12:56pm
ricargr's picture

Thanks for the beta access.
I have low fps issues with movies 1080 (15 gb and above) that work well with plex in direct play, so i think atv have enought power to decode.
Could be possible an adjust to make infuse manage more fps for hd

Probed wifi, lan, diferents movies and configs.
Anyway nice work.
If you need any data tell me and i send you all the info about this issue

November 20, 2015 - 12:43pm
emiel.nawijn's picture

Hi, great first version for the beta and already an update. Really impressive work guys. Most of my bugs/issues already have been reported. One thing I would like to be fixed though - if possible - is how infuse handles age restrictions. I have set some restrictions in the general ATV4 settings, since I don't want my kids (6 years) to start youtube etc. However, I DO want them to be able to use infuse, since it has a folder called "disney" ... (no need for further explanation I think). It would be nice if infuse added some means of restricting access to certain folders with a passkey or code, and then cleared the app from the apple restrictions. For instance like the Netflix app. Everyone in the family can start that app, despite the restrictions I entered in the general settings.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

November 20, 2015 - 2:09pm
jcmt38's picture

Hi, good job for te beta.
Only a simple question, who i can remove a favorites folder? I can not see this option.
Thanks.

November 20, 2015 - 2:15pm
james's picture
Staff
  jcmt38 wrote:

Hi, good job for te beta.
Only a simple question, who i can remove a favorites folder? I can not see this option.
Thanks.

This can be done through the Shares menu.

Just navigate to the favorite you want to remove, and tap/hold to bring up the remove popup.

November 20, 2015 - 3:19pm
neill's picture

Thanks very much for the beta invite to this much anticipated app. I'm very happy with the beta so far and find it very stable. I will post some of the other minor experiences I have been having though one thing I would like to see is a list view. It is there on the iOS app and I would love to see it here on the big screen. Is this a possibility as a setting view in an upcoming update?

November 20, 2015 - 3:21pm
nihil's picture

First of all thanks for the invitation to the beta.
The update today fixed a lot of the language issues for german.

One question:
My apple tv is connected to an av-receiver (denon). Movies (e.g. Netflix) are working fine with DTS via HDMI. When i activate this in Infuse i just hear a loud noise...
Is this a setting thing or a bug?

November 20, 2015 - 5:50pm
marciton's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

I looked my first tv show with it today that was great!

I would like an option to automatically hide the empty folders on the share (you need wait the new episode...)

A button for downloading automatically the best matching subtitles (the one with the highest number of download..)

And yes a watched indicator will be fantastic!

November 20, 2015 - 6:37pm
gjzink0's picture

Thanks for the beta invite. I used the previous firecore infuse application on my jailbroken AppleTV 2, and was excited to start testing this version on my new apple tv. I have a Qnap NAS on my network that I store the video files that I want to stream to my apple tv using Infuse. When I go into setup my share, the Qnap SMB share is there and i can select it. It appears to connect, but won't pull the folder structure when i click add favorites. I went out and back in and tried several times. Does not populate the folder structure in the add favorites page. The Plex application does see the Qnap, so the apple tv is connected to the network and can access the Qnap. I can access the SMB share on the Qnap from my Mac, so it appears that the share is setup correctly. So I rebooted the apple tv and tried again. I was not able to see the folder structure. I am able to add a favorite using the plex server connection and not the SMB share. Do you have any ideas why I can't use my Qnap SMB share?

Thanks for your help.