Milioo's picture
Kudos: 1

A Feature to add audio delay would be great

November 30, 2015 - 11:03am
stefanb.2941's picture
Beta Tester

Most important items in my opinion are
- more flexible sorting criteria. In the moment all movies are sorted alphabetically according to the name found in "The Movie DB". This results in very weird orders sometimes. At least use "sort be filename" as in Firecore for ATV2.
- make the metadata fields editable, at least some of them. Must are "name" and "rating" (ideal: Additional field "name for sorting" that can be edited)
- make it a real library. i.e. one can search for all movies of a certain actor etc.
- use also metadata found in the movie files themselves (as an option)
- show movies consisting of several files as one movie only (and play it concurrently)
- improve chapter navigation (not just chapter numbers)
- add replay of files with DRM (as in ATV2)

November 30, 2015 - 6:01pm
briguy453's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Most of these are probably already in the works and/or have already been stated elsewhere in this thread:

1.) File details: Video resolution (1080p, 720p, etc.) , audio codec and channels (DTS-HD MA 7.2, DTS 5.1);
2.) Frame rate matching (to get rid of the 4:3 pulldown);
3.) Audio delay and hastening;
4.) Ability to play trailers (pull from tMDb or other source)
5.) Recently added section
6.) 3D Support
7.) Support for H265/x265 format
8.) A setting for user control subtitle playback (option to use "default" track flags instead of "forced" track flags)
9.) Siri support (once the SDK is available to developers)

November 30, 2015 - 9:21pm
forenikegolf's picture
Kudos: 0

Full support of custom descriptions and custom artwork. Right now it can do both, but is very spotty. Sometimes the artwork pulls but no custom description. Other times the description pulls but no custom artwork. Sometimes neither.

Full support of .iso files. If the app is able to pull metadata of movies and TV shows, people are obviously watching video files not derived from iTunes. So no reason not to allow .iso file support.

December 2, 2015 - 5:04am
Kaide's picture

My wish list:
1. Search for movies and ACTORS
2. Date added to movies (I have +3000 movies so it would be great to have that function)
3. shuffle play to all music not just one artist / album
4. Update all movies / music
5. subtitles (opensubtitles)

December 2, 2015 - 11:17am
rocky98's picture

WakeOnLan would be nice

December 3, 2015 - 2:25am
jeroenmul's picture

I love the app. Currently have only 3 favorites on the top menu. Any way to increase that number or open a "browser view" that allows me to play from a folder on the network directly.

December 3, 2015 - 5:07am
Lorenz's picture

search for genre, year, actors!!! thank you for this fantastic app!!!!

December 3, 2015 - 5:04pm
chaosxj349's picture

The ability to remotely watch videos from a NAS or computer when you are away from your home network, (without having to install a helper app or change the configuration on your router), similar to what the Orb app offered before their company was sold.

December 3, 2015 - 7:50pm
Dominic.j's picture
  1. 10 second skip and rewind by pressing the edge of the remote.
  2. Video preview while scrubbing.
  December 3, 2015 - 10:33pm
eiSi2010's picture
  Dominic.j wrote:

1. 10 second skip and rewind by pressing the edge of the remote.

yep, same for me and the wachted indicators

December 4, 2015 - 12:11am
deanarnold.uk's picture
Beta Tester

Per my other thread...

.iso and VIDEO_TS support a must.

December 4, 2015 - 12:28am
liamw.7496's picture

The ability to delete files as in ATV Black

December 4, 2015 - 2:00am
mucki's picture

1) rewrite the metadata agent. In my case no metadata for >80% of my movies is loaded in the main view. Choosing a movie will load the metadata immediatly but going back to the main view there is no cover shown for this movie!?! Some movie posters did not load 100% and are partly black.
2) integrate some sorting functions like by date added, last viewed etc...
3) mark the media as watched/unwatched (and to sort by this status of course).
4) give us a delete function
5) let us connect to our servers via NFS
6) don't show subfolders within the favorite folder - just the movies
7) integrate Trailers
8 ) give us theme music for TV shows
9) integrate preview thumbnails while FF / Rewind

December 4, 2015 - 2:10am
rocky98's picture
  mucki wrote:

1) rewrite the metadata agent. In my case no metadata for >80% of my movies is loaded in the main view. Choosing a movie will load the metadata immediatly but going back to the main view there is no cover shown for this movie!?! Some movie posters did not load 100% and are partly black.
2) integrate some sorting functions like by date added, last viewed etc...
3) mark the media as watched/unwatched (and to sort by this status of course).
4) give us a delete function
5) let us connect to our servers via NFS
6) don't show subfolders within the favorite folder - just the movies
7) integrate Trailers
8 ) give us theme music for TV shows

+1

December 4, 2015 - 3:19am
WimbledonEd's picture
Kudos: 2

Parental lock/PIN code on favourited folders or selected movies.

December 4, 2015 - 8:39am
alkyoung's picture

Convert AAC5.1 audio to PCM 5.1 as most few years old AV receiver didn't support AAC5.1 decoding,

December 4, 2015 - 4:22pm
helonaut's picture
Beta Tester
  Dominic.j wrote:

rocky98 wrote:
  mucki wrote:

+1

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned more. This should be priority number one in my opinion.

My list:

DamianD wrote:

2. Recently added in AppleTV Home topbar.

+1

1. Make the Play button always default action (highlighted) and "hide" the edit button or make it smaller.
  2. Put the play button and/or edit button underneath the slider for choosing the episode (with series), because I find it more logical to first select the desired episode and than choose the action (play, edit, etcetera).

Fire(proof|hard)Core

December 4, 2015 - 9:28am
cbaltzer's picture

Ability to change sort mode (name/date/asc/desc) without going back to the settings menu.

December 4, 2015 - 10:20am
nienque's picture
  DamianD wrote:

2. Recently added in AppleTV Home topbar.

Yes please! It's the most important reason for keeping Plex on my aTV.

The other reason is watched/unwatched state, which I believe is already being worked on Smile

A nice little touch would be to allow us to set artwork for our 'favourites' somehow so that they're more (visually) recognisable.

December 4, 2015 - 10:22am
kurth23's picture

1) Multi part videos shown as one entry in grid/list.
--> MovieName
--/-->MovieNamePart1.*
--/-->MovieNamePart2.*

Also let us choose manually, if multiple files in a directory should be treated as individual movies or one.

2) Make metadata of single episodes of a series editable, if the automatically matched metadata is wrong or not present.
3) Allow to choose a different poster art from the online databases, same for background art
4) Implement NFS shares
5) View which gets rid of the folder structure (I have multiple locations where movies are stored, but I want them to see in a single view)

Thanks a lot for an otherwise very nice first release for tvOS! Smile

December 4, 2015 - 11:24am
Heinrich's picture

I'll buy this and an AtV4 as soon as .iso support comes.

I'm also willing to pay extra for 3D support as an in-purchase add-in.

December 4, 2015 - 1:49pm
NSBrad's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5

I just downloaded late last night. So he's my preliminary wish list.

1. Support existing metadata. All of my movies have been run through metaz and already have posters and info in their metadata. No need to fetch it anew if it already exists.
  2. Virtual movie folders. Auto group based on metadata like genre for easier navigation of large libraries. Also makes it easier when I feel like a comedy or something.
  3. Speed. I know metadata speed is coming, but also playback speed. It takes awhile for anything to start playing for me. The other app that I've been using is almost instant when accessing the same server.
  4. Save metadata to the server. I have multiple aTV's so it'd be nice if when one loaded the metadata that it added it to the folder on the server that the others could just read in. It's a pain to load it on each one.
  December 4, 2015 - 3:04pm
matthewcouto's picture
  • Trailers
  • Ratings (IMDB/personal rating)
  • Resolution overlay
  • Search
  • Siri (once api is available)
  • Custom favourites icon/image
  • Genre/Actor list
  • Automatic chapters
  • Skip 15 secs forward/back
  • List view
  • Scrub through first letters while viewing cover art (quickly move to movies with the letter "Z" for example)
  • Resume playback/Start from beginning
  • .dvdmedia/ISO playback
  • Metadata sync to iCloud
  • Watched indicator
  • Recently added movies/new releases (by release date) on Apple TV home screen or a bottom of movie info page
  • Audio sync
  • Movie collections (i.e. sort all James Bond or Batman movies together in order of release instead of scattered all over by title)
  December 4, 2015 - 2:54pm
arcadelt's picture
  helonaut wrote:

My list:
2. Make the Play button always default action (highlighted) and "hide" the edit button or make it smaller.
3. Put the play button and/or edit button underneath the slider for choosing the episode (with series), because I find it more logical to first select the desired episode and than choose the action (play, edit, etcetera).

As the movie page in Infuse takes it's interface cues from iTunes movies, I would like to see a TV season in Infuse look like the TV show interface in iTunes. Currently, Infuse simply uses the same interface for both types.

December 4, 2015 - 2:58pm
The Digital Pimp's picture
  irfan22 wrote:

I know people like Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings but i would much prefer to have Metacritic ratings to be displayed. I consider them more trustworthy than anything else.

Just remember all of those services cost $$$. One of the great things is the cost of Infuse. Not sure I'd want the price raised for that, but that's my 2 cents

Trust in The Digital Pimp

December 4, 2015 - 3:01pm
  NSBrad wrote:

I just downloaded late last night. So he's my preliminary wish list.

1. Support existing metadata. All of my movies have been run through metaz and already have posters and info in their metadata. No need to fetch it anew if it already exists.
  2. Virtual movie folders. Auto group based on metadata like genre for easier navigation of large libraries. Also makes it easier when I feel like a comedy or something.
  3. Speed. I know metadata speed is coming, but also playback speed. It takes awhile for anything to start playing for me. The other app that I've been using is almost instant when accessing the same server.
  4. Save metadata to the server. I have multiple aTV's so it'd be nice if when one loaded the metadata that it added it to the folder on the server that the others could just read in. It's a pain to load it on each one.

Ditto on #1, with the emphasis on reading iTunes metadata and ordering TV shows accordingly.

December 4, 2015 - 3:03pm
  sirdoug wrote:

Please add the ability to sort movies by recently added (date)...(like plex has). This was the one feature that Firecore was missing originally. This is a MUST for those of us who have large libraries, because adding a movie will get lost/diluted.

Thanks!

Triple yes. I have a huge collection, and I prefer all the options Plex has, but I don't like the complexity overall, mind you.

December 4, 2015 - 3:04pm
  schmitz wrote:
  arcadelt wrote:
  schmitz wrote:

movie collections would be great!

I don't understand - what do you mean @schmitz?

I mean an option that movies from the same series are displayed summarized.
So for exaple there is the "The Lord of the Rings Collection" which contains the 3 Movies from this series...

YES PLEASE

December 4, 2015 - 3:08pm
  ton wrote:

My (few) wishes:

1. Folder art on the homepage/favorites.
  2. List view
  3. Full alphabetic sort (mixed folders/files)

List video is critical. Bypasses lengthy metdata lookups. Used it on my ATV2