Kudos: 0

recently added on apple tv top shelf

December 16, 2015 - 7:09pm
steve.waite's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 17
  Kelebor wrote:

recently added on apple tv top shelf

This is the only reason I haven't purchased yet, soon as I know it is coming I will pull the trigger.

December 17, 2015 - 12:52am
Christian1979's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 168

These fixes/Features would be great:

• Deinterlacer Option (for Interlaced SD-Footage, 25i > 50p, 23,96 > 60p)!
  • Smooth Playback without Stuttering
  • Faster Playback-Start (it still takes 10 Seconds, until the playback starts)
  • Support for direkt Weblinks to an mp4-File! (This Videos should simply be added to the existing Medialibrary)

TV 4K (32 GB) • tvOS 13 • Infuse Pro 6.2 • Synology DS-216play • Unitymedia Connect Box • Sony MASTER Series AG9

December 19, 2015 - 10:14am
yassotreyo's picture

It would be great to have a full DTS-HD support.
And thank you for this great app, makes the apple TV much more interesting ! Smile

December 21, 2015 - 6:55am
dave1447's picture
Kudos: 3

More intelligent handling of folders, specifically:
- Don't show empty folders
- Don't show folders with no playable content
- Ignore more trash content inside folders to treat like a single movie/TV show (a lot of extra files downloaded with torrents, esp. sample files; Infuse keeps registered these as some movie from years ago called Sample This - very annoying)
- Fix whatever bug it is that isn't grouping episodes of seasons (e.g. I have a folder with all the Fargo episodes inside, yet Infuse refuses to group them no matter what)
- Better naming for grouped seasons, i.e. not just 'Season 1' but put the name of the show as it isn't always obvious from the metadata art (looking at you, Narcos)

December 21, 2015 - 2:03pm
arcadelt's picture
Kudos: 1
  dave1447 wrote:

- Ignore more trash content inside folders to treat like a single movie/TV show (a lot of extra files downloaded with torrents, esp. sample files; Infuse keeps registered these as some movie from years ago called Sample This - very annoying)

I'm all for Infuse getting smarter to help out, but surely users must take responsibility for good file management - it's never going to be able to perform miracles.

dave1447 wrote:

- Fix whatever bug it is that isn't grouping episodes of seasons (e.g. I have a folder with all the Fargo episodes inside, yet Infuse refuses to group them no matter what)

Totally agree.

dave1447 wrote:

- Better naming for grouped seasons, i.e. not just 'Season 1' but put the name of the show as it isn't always obvious from the metadata art (looking at you, Narcos)

Do you mean in the circumstance where files are not put in a season folder, or does this also occur under other conditions?

December 21, 2015 - 5:35pm
ozmbie's picture
Kudos: 2

I'd really like support for TV episodes with "NNN" episode tags. (eg: "TV.Show.101.mp4") like Kodi Media Center does.

Infuse currently supports "TV.Show.1x01.mp4" and "TV.Show.S01E01.mp4" however "TV.Show.101.mp4" is not supported. Some of the episodes in my library use this naming convention (they were downloaded like this) and Infuse doesn't detect them for metadata.

December 21, 2015 - 5:51pm
ozmbie's picture

After a few days of using Infuse as my primary media player, here are some other suggestions:

1) A progress bar (or some sense of progress) when opening media. The wait is fine, but not knowing how long to wait can be frustrating.

2) A top screen menu for different sort options (All, Recent, Unwatched, etc)

3) Option to set an image for each favourite (use folder.jpg in the main favourite folder or something?)

4) Show file information where appropriate (720p, 1080p, codec, 5.1 etc)

And finally!

5) When a movie is selected, scroll the bottom list of movies to the current movie. Currently, if I'm about to play a movie and accidentally scroll down, it will select a movie from the start of my movie list (eg: a movie starting with "A") and I lose the movie I had selected. I have to go back to the grid view and reselect the movie.

Thanks for such an awesome app!

December 21, 2015 - 7:35pm
dave1447's picture
  arcadelt wrote:
  dave1447 wrote:

I'm all for Infuse getting smarter to help out, but surely users must take responsibility for good file management - it's never going to be able to perform miracles.

dave1447 wrote:

Totally agree.

dave1447 wrote:

Do you mean in the circumstance where files are not put in a season folder, or does this also occur under other conditions?

I disagree about the file management aspect. IMO the core value proposition of Infuse is it's "automagical" offering of the "beautiful way to watch videos". It's a great app, but right now it's not "automagical" enough (I understand its early days for the Apple TV version). I want to be able to point it at my downloads folder, and for Infuse to do most of the sorting. There is nothing "beautiful" about a bunch of empty folders, or folders without metadata/artwork mostly because Infuse isn't (yet) coded to ignore sample movie files (extremely common). I don't think this is asking for a miracle.

For the last point about naming for grouped seasons, this is when files are automatically grouped into a season folder, but the title text underneath is simply "Season X" rather than "TV Show Name - Season X".

December 21, 2015 - 8:12pm
LG's picture
LG

Came across a cool feature that I think would improve the experience, regarding the scrubbing feature. Just by picking up the remote, I can easily interfere with playback.

Another app that streams TV channels has the following behavior. If you touch the sides of the TouchPad, the playing status is overlayed, and if you have touched the left side an arrow in the shape of a circle with a number 10 on the inside will display to denote that if you click in the same position it will then rewind 10 seconds. If you take your finger off it will disappear. You could use a similar icon to Infuse on iOS. I think this is a really good way to alert users that the option is there and will stop accidental touches.

This along with thumbnail scrubbing would be perfect.

I'm all for the streamlined and classy look. Don't need to over-complicate it too much. Doing great guys!

December 22, 2015 - 4:54am
YodaV's picture
  yassotreyo wrote:

And thank you for this great app, makes the apple TV much more interesting ! Smile

1.) A clarification of WHAT EXACTLY is included in the DTS-HD that was promised when I bought this SW.
2.) Full DTS-HD support.
3.) Full DTS-HD MA support

December 22, 2015 - 9:02am
Metrobrave's picture
  dave1447 wrote:

+1 exactly regards to empty or nonsense folder...all others as well would be welcome.

December 23, 2015 - 4:46am
chaosxj349's picture

Not sure if this was mentioned before. But I would like the ability to make folder level changes, as opposed to having to change the info on each episode. Currently, if I want to change the zoom view to stretch or the audio level to 150% for all the episodes in a folder, I have to play each file and then make the change on every individual file. Hopefully with the new update, this process will be made easier by clicking and holding on the particular season folder to select what I want to happen to all the files in that particular folder.

December 25, 2015 - 9:04am
sunshinefires's picture
  YodaV wrote:
  yassotreyo wrote:

1.) A clarification of WHAT EXACTLY is included in the DTS-HD that was promised when I bought this SW.
2.) Full DTS-HD support.
3.) Full DTS-HD MA support

I'm also looking forward to DTS-HD support!

December 25, 2015 - 9:10am
docwhoo's picture

Hi, i see some disadvantage with new Infuse 4 for TVOS , sorry for my bad english I'm french

• possible to personnalize favotires link with a pictures ?
  • i regroupe multiple movies in SAGA , for example for DIE HARD ( i put 5 DIE HARD movie (with folder.jpg for tech movie) i create DIE HARD SAGA folder with picture of saga .poster.jpg in root of DIE HARD SAGA folder and infuse doesn't see picture .
  • i have à NAs with all movie sort ( folder NAME >> indice MOVIE FILE + POSTER.JPG file ) and it's possible to use infuse for memorise thumb on ATV for have speed acces ..
  • with subtitle the perfect solution is to mémorise for all folder if i want subtitle or not .. for exemple i turn défaut NO subtitle .. and for only 2 US-tvshow i want subtitle, i choose subtitle for this 2 tvshow and only this 2 tvshow (all épisode /seaon ) are with subtitle but all other movie folder are with default setup
  December 26, 2015 - 6:58am
Rabalder's picture

Delete functionality is a deal breaker
Possibility to synch the subtitle while the movie is playing
Download subs from Addic7ed

Plus a lot of other good ideas already described.

December 26, 2015 - 8:27pm
_.dstrukt.n1ne's picture

It was probably mentioned, but hiding files or folders within the app (e.g. Plex has .plexignore file) but something a bit easier that can be done within the app (e.g. long hold brings up another menu where you can select a bunch of files or folders and then hide them)

I have some... umm... videos that are not suitable for children.

December 27, 2015 - 2:00am
docwhoo's picture

Very importante :

• Deinterlacer Option (for Interlaced SD-Footage, 25i > 50p, 23,96 > 60p)!
  • Smooth Playback without micro jerky
  December 27, 2015 - 5:18am
Teo's picture
Teo
  stefanb.2941 wrote:

- make it a real library. i.e. one can search for all movies of a certain actor etc.

browse by genre, directed by, written by, actor, year
• search (for titles)

December 27, 2015 - 8:50am
checker4711's picture

Hi,

First up I'm absolutely loving Infuse on the atv4. Before I've used AirVideo but Infuse kills it as no additional server software is necessary plus the meta data showing up. There are just 2 things AirVideo offers I'd love to see on Infuse:
1. An "empty" circle indicating if an eposide has been unwatched, becoming continuously filled out depending on how much/far you have watched it
2. Scrooling forward there is a mini screen on the bottom left corner which makes orientation so much easier
These are the only 2 reasons why I have not yet deleted the AirVideo APP yet Smile
Keep up the great work.

December 27, 2015 - 10:12pm
smith_rob's picture

My top requests are:
1. Trailers
2. Watched indictors
3. Pin support on folders
4. Changeable favourite cover art
5. Recently added and unwatched shelfs
6. Siri support when available
7. Search

December 28, 2015 - 5:07am
MortUK's picture

1, DTS-HD & TrueHD (Atmos)
2, Hide watched
3, Dark Mode
4, Trailers
5, Integration with Siri Search
6, IMDB & Rotten Tomatos Ratings

December 28, 2015 - 11:35am
Janne.M's picture

Better chapter selection!
I have a lot of concert videos and each song have their own chapter marking and now it's so cumbersome to quickly move to a special song/chapter.
In this area other apps have done it better...

December 29, 2015 - 11:31am
xpumpa's picture

Metacritics rating...

December 29, 2015 - 1:06pm
BDX's picture
BDX
  1. Watched indicators
  2. file informations in details view (resolution, channels (2,
    5.1, 7.1...!!!), movie/audio codec etc.)
  3. Ability to choose alternative cover/poster/folder icon or easier way to use image files for that (like: press remote long > change poster/cover/folder icon > choose file from HDD or google image search)
  4. folder.png/folder.jpg used for favorites, too(!!!) or default favorites icons for at least movies folder and tv-shows folder
  5. IMDb and/or metacritic ratings
  6. Siri support
  December 30, 2015 - 2:41am
AngeloPanzera's picture
  1. A search function
  2. A favorite function.
  3. Added music player support?
  December 30, 2015 - 6:17am
WimbledonEd's picture

Parental controls/PIN for folders
Ratings
Movie info (resolution, format etc)

January 1, 2016 - 3:38pm
Severed Hand of Skywalker's picture

Much faster performance. Right now my Boxee kills it in speed and it's years old.
Much better organization of shows and movies. Again the boxee kills it.

January 1, 2016 - 7:53pm
arcadelt's picture
  Severed Hand of Skywalker wrote:

Much faster performance. Right now my Boxee kills it in speed and it's years old.

Logically, you should stay with your Boxee.

January 2, 2016 - 9:40am
Severed Hand of Skywalker's picture
  arcadelt wrote:
  Severed Hand of Skywalker wrote:

Logically, you should stay with your Boxee.

Trust me I am at this point. Problem is they don't make them anymore and I have other TV's that need to playback media so I am hoping infuse can fix all the issues and I can replace the boxee.