253 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 2, 2016 - 1:09pm
matth123's picture
Kudos: 3

Many of my films have a number at the start of the file name, to help with directory sorting for series of films, Star Wars, Insurgent, Harry Potter, for example

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.m4v
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.m4v
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.m4v
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.m4v
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.m4v
  6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.m4v
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.m4v
  8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.m4v

Would it be possible to:
1) Consider the prefix numbers when sorting? (alphabetical sorting would also cover this)
2) Ignore the numerical prefix when looking for a library match?

These are generally in their own directory (for the above example, called "Harry Potter"), so that the sequence (for watching) is preserved?

January 2, 2016 - 3:29pm
arcadelt's picture
Kudos: 1
  matth123 wrote:

Many of my films have a number at the start of the file name, to help with directory sorting for series of films, Star Wars, Insurgent, Harry Potter, for example

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.m4v
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.m4v
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.m4v
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.m4v
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.m4v
  6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.m4v
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.m4v
  8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.m4v

Would it be possible to:
1) Consider the prefix numbers when sorting? (alphabetical sorting would also cover this)
2) Ignore the numerical prefix when looking for a library match?

These are generally in their own directory (for the above example, called "Harry Potter"), so that the sequence (for watching) is preserved?

The alternative would be sorting by released date based on the downloaded metadata.

January 3, 2016 - 5:03pm
shtewe's picture
Kudos: 0

Love this app! Well worth the $15 AUD. But I would love to see the below

1. NFS support for faster streaming from my Synology Diskstation
  2. Sort by menu

Other than that, it works great. I know this is still early days and really looking forward to the new features!

January 4, 2016 - 1:13pm
matth123's picture
Kudos: 3
  arcadelt wrote:

The alternative would be sorting by released date based on the downloaded metadata.

Thanks for this suggestion. That would work too. I'm using the aTV version, but can't seem to find the sorting based on metadata. Can see sorting based on "date", but this does not seem to change the view based on metadata. Am I missing something? Or is this not implemented in in the aTV version? - Thanks again for the suggestion!!

January 4, 2016 - 8:14pm
chapeloftrance's picture

I would truly truly truly love a darker colored theme. The white background with white text is blinding.
Also, Is there any way to make it so that it scans movies for poster and data when movies or shows are located in their own individual folders?
I have always organized my collection with everything in separate folders so that subs and artwork can be kept together with each specific movie.
As of right now, no artwork shows up until I go into each folder. Now that I think of it it would be nice to be able to organize each collection in a different arrangement than the default configuration.

January 5, 2016 - 5:27am
arcadelt's picture
  matth123 wrote:

Thanks for this suggestion. That would work too. I'm using the aTV version, but can't seem to find the sorting based on metadata. Can see sorting based on "date", but this does not seem to change the view based on metadata. Am I missing something? Or is this not implemented in in the aTV version? - Thanks again for the suggestion!!

There is none: it's a suggestion too.

January 5, 2016 - 7:27pm
bevmonster's picture
  1. Fix the Airplay 2 second audio delay
  2. List View
  January 5, 2016 - 8:54pm
xwingunicorndyson's picture

Please change the navigation for Show Episodes.

Suggestions:
The Edit button should not be quite so prominent. As it currently stands it's given equal importance to the Play button. (maybe a click-and-hold to edit option?)
Browsing Episodes should be a vertical list, not a horizontal swipe.
When selecting an Episode, it is unclear that anything has changed. Leaving the selector on the episode is the same as clicking the episode, neither of which actually starts the episode playing. The only thing that changes is the title/header information at the top of the screen... also you then have to swipe back up to the Play button, and may accidentally click the Edit button instead.

January 5, 2016 - 9:59pm
arcadelt's picture

Just in case someone at Firecore is seriously considering these suggestions:

xwingunicorndyson wrote:

The Edit button should not be quite so prominent. As it currently stands it's given equal importance to the Play button. (maybe a click-and-hold to edit option?)

The edit button is never selected by default, but has to be navigated to, so it does not have equal prominence. Moreover, its position next to the play and rate button is similar to the iTunes interface, so is more than reasonable as it is.

xwingunicorndyson wrote:

Browsing Episodes should be a vertical list, not a horizontal swipe.

Why should it be? Almost every other list in iTunes (movies and TV shows especially) are horizontal, and so the Infuse interface is consistent with that layout. Moreover, swiping left to right over the remote with your thumb is more natural than up and down. The notable exception to horizontal episode list is in Netflix, but this is buried one more layer deep than in other apps.

xwingunicorndyson wrote:

When selecting an Episode, it is unclear that anything has changed. Leaving the selector on the episode is the same as clicking the episode, neither of which actually starts the episode playing. The only thing that changes is the title/header information at the top of the screen... also you then have to swipe back up to the Play button, and may accidentally click the Edit button instead.

This has been a common comment so far, except play of an episode can be started using the play/pause button so there is no need to navigate back to the play button. However, this issue stems from the fact that Infuse uses the same interface layout for movies and TV shows, whereas this is different in iTunes. TV shows in iTunes have the main description being for the season (including season artwork), and episode descriptions below the episode list (including episode artwork/image). When swiping down, the top section of the screen rides up and is hidden, so focus is completely on the episodes. This is vastly different to Infuse's handling of TV shows, which is more like movies in iTunes, and while reasonable, is not as suited to the different structure of a TV show.

January 10, 2016 - 2:59am
murgmat's picture

Here are my most urgent suggestion ...

• VIDEO_TS support
  • Turn ON/OF metadata for each favourite folder (e.g. homemovies)
  • Mark watched movies (and the possibility to set the mark manually)
  • Add PHOTOS.
  • Recently added category
  • Allow folder/files to the sorted by filename
  • IMDB and Rotten tomatoes ratings
  January 10, 2016 - 6:42am
timstephens24's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 118
  1. Hide watched movies/TV Shows. Scrolling through 500+ movies to get to the end is frustrating.
  2. DTS-HD MA and TrueHD support, and 7.1 too just to push it over the edge a little.
  3. Search support. Goes with 1 but allows for searching through the 500+ mess to get what I want instead of mass scrolling.

Apple TV 4K --> Denon X6500H 7.1.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
======== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 ========
iPhone XS Max ||| iPad Pro 10.5

January 10, 2016 - 7:50am
paphil's picture

Resolved work issues NAS FTP like mine (WD My cloud) not recognised using FTP away from home or in my iphone in 3g

January 10, 2016 - 9:45pm
moKorean's picture
Translator
  1. Combined Favorite - For example. (C:\Movies\ , D:\Movies\ , E:\Movies in same favorite. XBMC can do it!)
  2. Separated files support - AAA-CD1.avi, AAA-CD2.avi~~~ to 'AAA'
  3. Movie Collection Art - series movies folder shows multiple posters

I'm Korean.

January 11, 2016 - 1:05am
incoming0707's picture
  1. Photo viewing and music file playback
  2. Trailers
  3. Search
  January 11, 2016 - 6:47am
RikkieB's picture
Beta Tester

1 Fully support of passthrough of Dolby Atmos and DTS: X, DTS-HD MA, Dolby True HD in 5.1, 7.1. Ah well basically everything new generation AV Receivers can handle (ie Marantz SR-7010, AV8802A etc)

January 11, 2016 - 12:38pm
bongo50000's picture

Hello there

I am missing ISO, IMG and Vob files to be played Infuse 4, this will be a big plus in my book.

January 11, 2016 - 1:06pm
cecemf's picture
Kudos: 7
  1. Movie Collection Art (Harry Potter, Hobbit...) So similar to my below request.
  2. TV show folders should be recognised and have a Artwork ( I have each show per folder then season then episodes) THE BIG C > Season 1 > [all episodes], XBMC does it well and enable to have the NAS clean, don't want to mess my NAS to have all TV SHOW into 1 folders to have the artwork, like you would do for movies.
  3. Trailers

Mac OS X 10.13 + Mac Mini 2012 iCore5 2.5ghz, 16 Go, SSD drive + iPhone 7 + iPad Air 2 + Apple Watch Series 2 + NVIDIA Shield + Apple TV 4K + LG OLED C7 55"

January 13, 2016 - 2:02am
freddigee's picture

Hey,

please have a look, I created a voting for Feature requests/Wish List to get a better overview about the importance of all Feature requests.

Have fun my voting:

http://firecore.com/forum/topic/14102

Much regards

January 13, 2016 - 2:20am
jtyrra's picture

will be the option to delete already seen movies in the next version?
thx
jtyrra/germany

January 13, 2016 - 3:14am
Videoman's picture
Kudos: 17

Option to replace the movie summary from The MovieDB by one's own summary. For example if one preferes a summary from imdb.com or a translated summary (relevant for users who's first language is other than english).

January 13, 2016 - 3:31am
Giovanni_NL's picture

video_ts support is the thing I miss the most

January 13, 2016 - 5:37am
Blue Sun's picture

Restore DivX compatibility, please.

January 13, 2016 - 5:59am
melvynadam's picture

It would make sense for these ideas to be separate threads in
Discussion Forum > Infuse for iOS & tvOS > Suggestions

January 13, 2016 - 6:03am
freddigee's picture
  Blue Sun wrote:

Restore DivX compatibility, please.

+1 but not one of the most needed

January 13, 2016 - 11:49am
Jdoe117's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

Hi,

I'm sharing my library with my family on a foreign countries (thanks to my NAS), everything is great (except for surround passthrough, i have to disable "Dolby over HDMI" to have stereo sounds, so bad but it's like that).
Because we have a lot of different languages soundtrack, it will be very cool if it was possible to show the language of the audio and the one of the subtitles.
The top/down menu detects it, so it will be perfect to have it on the home page, near the movie image for example ? With an option to disable it for people not interested in of course.

Thanks a lot,
A Infuse user from France, sharing his library with England and Italy !

January 13, 2016 - 12:16pm
ClonyXXL's picture

+1

January 14, 2016 - 1:12am
maui's picture

Thanks for this great app...keep up the good work!

I do have some suggestions though:

1. Make possible to have different views: currently is "tiles", at least a "list"-view is diserable (with smaller tiles and maybe use part of screen for some metadata); I have over 300 films, which makes it not-so-easy to quickly scroll to films later in the alphabet!
  2. Search/sorting additions: recently added, by genre, by release date, by imdb-score...easily switchable in the folder (not in general settings)
  3. A way to prevent accidental scrolling when touching the remote, maybe first press and then the scrolling function becomes available.
  4. Add more subtitle databases..besides opensubtitles
  5. Possibility to change the metadata of a film/serie...now you can choose from some options (which is already a good step!), but I have some films of which apparently is no good metadata available..then it would be nice to at least change the picture and name (also useful for private films).

Thanks guys, looking forward to any future updates!

January 14, 2016 - 10:44am
mrfatboy's picture
Kudos: 13

1) Photo viewing and music playback. "Photo & Video viewer" is actually listed in the app description in the App store

2) Option to permanently disable "recently watched" thumbnails on home screen

3) Increase font size of movies description on the movie description page. The play and edit buttons could move down and the title could move up a bit too make more room. Every little bit can help for old eyes

Keep up the great work!

January 14, 2016 - 1:43pm
spammesenselessorama's picture
  • MovieLens integration (http://movielens.org, a recommender system for movies)
  • manual browse for subtitle files (so I don't need to move and/or rename sub files)
  • mark files "favorite" or "delete"
  • DiVX support
  • TrueHD and Atmos passthrough
  • Siri search SMB share (haha, I think)
  • playlists (f.i. family homevideo's on a party, or holidayshots)
  • easter eggs
  January 15, 2016 - 4:47am
WimbledonEd's picture
Kudos: 2

End time (ETA) while watching a movie/show. Plexconnect on the Apple TV 3 used to do this. Nice little feature I thought!