253 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 15, 2016 - 8:46am
nyponsoppa's picture
Kudos: 0

The possibility to set a custom background image for the start/favorite screen...

January 15, 2016 - 11:08am
Sebastian Manteuffel's picture
Translator
Kudos: 46

1) A instant "skip forward/back 10 seconds" feature. The way this feature currently works it's not quite good yet. Plex has that same feature and it works instantly.

2) Rotten Tomatoes ratings and reviews.

January 18, 2016 - 2:56pm
blackbird's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5
  • Remove the "Favorites" word from the main screen, it's not needed.
  • Trailers button
  • Some kind of check mark that indicates a video has been watched already.
  • Rottentomatoes.com reviews or any other review site.
  January 20, 2016 - 9:36am
fedegos's picture
  Heinrich wrote:

I'll buy this and an AtV4 as soon as .iso support comes.

I'm also willing to pay extra for 3D support as an in-purchase add-in.

I am willing too!!

Please support 3D files and 3D subs!!

January 23, 2016 - 5:55am
stefanzorn's picture

ISO support

January 24, 2016 - 8:29am
smett's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Option to hide specific folders in a share.

January 25, 2016 - 4:28am
coufalin's picture
  1. Black box behind subtitles will be great
  2. Icon on film / serial detail showing if I finished, start watching or did not see the movie - the same as iPad has.
  3. Show / Hide some favorite folders
  4. Smaler icon for favorite folders (so you can see more of them on screen without scrolling) will be good too.

But anyway - great job. You where the reason for buying aTV4.

January 25, 2016 - 2:47pm
Saldin's picture
  blackbird wrote:

- Remove the "Favorites" word from the main screen, it's not needed.
- Trailers button
- Some kind of check mark that indicates a video has been watched already.
- Rottentomatoes.com reviews or any other review site.

Second that. But I think just a check mark wouldn't do, it would need a days_since_last_watched counter, because I may have seen an episode a while ago, I'm watching the series again, and need to know which episode is next.

January 29, 2016 - 11:48pm
THERULESLAWYER's picture

I want it to be aware of folder structure. In my directroy I have for example a directory called blacklist. Then Season 1, season 2, etc under it. It would be nice if infuse did something with that and gave me nice icons instead of folder icons. A flat folder structure and relying on metadata for everything to work is a real crapshoot.

January 31, 2016 - 3:30pm
Mangadonf's picture

Hi !

For me :

• iCloud Drive integration to synchronize metadata between iOS/tvOS Infuse app
  • Siri integration (search, repeat, etc. I don't know if it's possible)
  • DTS-HD MA/ Dolby True HD Passthrough
  • smooth 24p
  • UI optimizations (when seeing metadata, icône size, etc)

Thanks !

February 1, 2016 - 3:38am
tomapower's picture

Hi !

My wish list :
* dark mode
* when opening a movie, to be on it in the list below
* having profiles (such as Netflix) to be able to continue a movie when changing device
* having like a database in order to not have to reupload all meta on every devices when adding new files
* in the movie description, add a "Trailer" option close to "edit"
* having a progression statut to know which episodes have already been seen when watching series
* and of course as everyone, the Dolby/DTS passthrough back

February 27, 2016 - 1:52pm
johannes.hall's picture

A simple request. Fast Forward 10s (configurable value?) bli clicking right/yellow.

Thank you for an awesome app!

February 27, 2016 - 5:23pm
matt.sephton's picture
Kudos: 8
  • currently watching & up next (trakt knows this already, get my info from there)
  • watched status marker on episodes I've seen (plus ability to filter them out)
  • imdb rating display
  • better library layout
  • better editing/artwork capability
  • basically a heck of a lot better UI

I'm guessing right now the app is built using TVML? and you guys plan to transition to a Universal app that uses the majority of the iOS code you've already written?

AppleTV 4 streaming from my Asus N56U-B1 wireless router

March 2, 2016 - 11:57am
davida.3625's picture
  1. Long press on movie to delete.
  2. Marked as played status or marked as unplayed status.
  3. Rotten tomatoes rating.
  4. Scrobble to trakt.tv either doesn't work all the time or the end time to scrobble should be more generous. 10 minutes left to end would be moderate I believe if the length is above 30 minutes.
  June 4, 2016 - 11:23am
cndymn's picture
  cndymn wrote:

Please bring support for:

-sftp
-ftp with implicit TLS and explicit TLS

any news? Confused

June 5, 2016 - 3:28am
ozmbie's picture
Kudos: 2

SFTP has been supported for a while. Not sure about FTP with TLS.

June 5, 2016 - 10:50pm
Jayz's picture
Kudos: 5

I've posted this on another website as well but thought I'd post here as well.

I'm loving the direction Infuse Pro on Apple TV is heading down (I like the developers hard work and community engagement so much I paid for the Pro version) but I would like to make some suggestions that need to be implemented before I will use it instead of Plex. These are essential if the App is ever going to be anything more than a simple video player.

• Filters need significant improvement. When you select "Unwatched" in e.g. TV shows it lists EVERY season of a TV show separately...WHY? This creates huge clutter when you have many shows each with multiple seasons...It should only show the Show once then you can drill down into the seasons.

-"Recently Added" doesn't seem to work well. It shows some new titles but a lot of old ones too yet it misses most of the truly newly added titles. I would have thought it would be looking at the time stamps of the most recently added items.

-Marking "Watched" needs more global settings!! Having to go through EACH season of a show to mark as watch is extremely tedious. If you click on the parent folder of a show it doesn't let you change it to 'Watched'! You have to go to each season...crazy when some shows have 11+ seasons!!! This puts off anyone who's moving to Infuse as they have to spend hours marking their library.

-Number of Unwatched episodes for TV shows. Instead of just a yellow triangle to signify 'unwatched', you should show a number to identify the number of unwatched episodes. Plex does this and it works great as from the home screen you can at a glance see how many episodes of each you have to watch and makes for great planning (e.g. binge watching)

-Need more "On deck" like features ala Plex. When you go into the App you should be able to see: Item you were last watching and may want to continue, new episodes added etc etc...that should all be available from a home screen not having to jump through twenty clicks to get to it.

-No search function. I recall the developer mentioning this was a limitation of tvOS but what about even a simple text based search?

-Improve Metadata matching. This has greatly improved in recent versions but there are still issues (e.g. names of episodes still fail to be download for some shows despite correct naming and Plex working fine with them. It just shows e.g. NAME OF SHOW - S03E04 - NAME OF SHOW instead of the name of the episode after the S03E04

-Sloooowwwnessss! Compared to the Plex library which FLIES, Infuse feels VERY sluggish on my Synology 1512+ when browsing. I know Plex caches the metadata on it's server BUT perhaps Infuse should also cache the metadata. Why do you need to freshly update them every time you are browsing through the app? Just look for changes only. I'm sick of looking at the spinning grey wheel overtime and switch to Plex instead.

These are just some of my pet hates and I suspect a lot of others will at least share some of these frustrations. I LOVE the DTS playback and powerful video player BUT unless the library features improve then the overall experience is still much much better with Plex and so many people (myself included) would stick with Plex for now.

Anyway keep up the good work! I am confident you will continue to work hard on these suggestions as in the last few months there has been a lot of good work done!

August 10, 2016 - 6:52am
eatyourselfwhole's picture
  irfan22 wrote:

I know people like Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings but i would much prefer to have Metacritic ratings to be displayed. I consider them more trustworthy than anything else.

+1

August 11, 2016 - 1:03am
dgwilson65's picture

Super stoked with the update released today. Thank you. Files as a list!!!!

August 11, 2016 - 8:10am
HRSCR's picture

Some plan for Roku?

August 11, 2016 - 2:08pm
arcadelt's picture
Kudos: 1
  Jayz wrote:

I've posted this on another website as well but thought I'd post here as well.

I'm loving the direction Infuse Pro on Apple TV is heading down (I like the developers hard work and community engagement so much I paid for the Pro version) but I would like to make some suggestions that need to be implemented before I will use it instead of Plex. These are essential if the App is ever going to be anything more than a simple video player.

• Filters need significant improvement. When you select "Unwatched" in e.g. TV shows it lists EVERY season of a TV show separately...WHY? This creates huge clutter when you have many shows each with multiple seasons...It should only show the Show once then you can drill down into the seasons.

-"Recently Added" doesn't seem to work well. It shows some new titles but a lot of old ones too yet it misses most of the truly newly added titles. I would have thought it would be looking at the time stamps of the most recently added items.

-Marking "Watched" needs more global settings!! Having to go through EACH season of a show to mark as watch is extremely tedious. If you click on the parent folder of a show it doesn't let you change it to 'Watched'! You have to go to each season...crazy when some shows have 11+ seasons!!! This puts off anyone who's moving to Infuse as they have to spend hours marking their library.

-Number of Unwatched episodes for TV shows. Instead of just a yellow triangle to signify 'unwatched', you should show a number to identify the number of unwatched episodes. Plex does this and it works great as from the home screen you can at a glance see how many episodes of each you have to watch and makes for great planning (e.g. binge watching)

-Need more "On deck" like features ala Plex. When you go into the App you should be able to see: Item you were last watching and may want to continue, new episodes added etc etc...that should all be available from a home screen not having to jump through twenty clicks to get to it.

-No search function. I recall the developer mentioning this was a limitation of tvOS but what about even a simple text based search?

-Improve Metadata matching. This has greatly improved in recent versions but there are still issues (e.g. names of episodes still fail to be download for some shows despite correct naming and Plex working fine with them. It just shows e.g. NAME OF SHOW - S03E04 - NAME OF SHOW instead of the name of the episode after the S03E04

-Sloooowwwnessss! Compared to the Plex library which FLIES, Infuse feels VERY sluggish on my Synology 1512+ when browsing. I know Plex caches the metadata on it's server BUT perhaps Infuse should also cache the metadata. Why do you need to freshly update them every time you are browsing through the app? Just look for changes only. I'm sick of looking at the spinning grey wheel overtime and switch to Plex instead.

These are just some of my pet hates and I suspect a lot of others will at least share some of these frustrations. I LOVE the DTS playback and powerful video player BUT unless the library features improve then the overall experience is still much much better with Plex and so many people (myself included) would stick with Plex for now.

Anyway keep up the good work! I am confident you will continue to work hard on these suggestions as in the last few months there has been a lot of good work done!

I think you should just stay with Plex, while we continue to get value out of our "simple video player".

August 19, 2016 - 4:21pm
Here4U's picture

Volume control would be a great thing.

Greetings

Bent Øystein Bostad

August 21, 2016 - 2:15am
Audionymous's picture

The AppleTV Remote have a Volume Control!
You can set your Volume of your AVR or TV with the Remote.

August 21, 2016 - 7:44am
Here4U's picture

I am aware of that, but when using my headphones (which has volume set in settings of the TV) i cant adjust it, so it would be great with the same volume control option like on AppleTV 2´nd gen.

Greetings

Bent Øystein Bostad

August 21, 2016 - 8:42pm
beefcake15's picture

Keeping movie collections in one folder like TV show series are compiled in one folder for every season.

August 22, 2016 - 3:51am
tomapower's picture

Having a meta database saved localy on the drive (or on the Apple TV) so you don't have to regenerate every meta on different devices where playing movies with Infuse installed.

August 24, 2016 - 4:23pm
chaosxj349's picture
Beta Tester

Automatic subtitles would be great. I see it happens sometimes when I go to select a subtitle and the correct one is already added, but having it as a default setting would be awesome.

You choose the default language and turn the default subtitle setting on, so when you play a movie or TV show, the App should automatically pull and start playing the subtitle with the most downloads. No more having to go searching for a subtitle for each and every show. Just press play on the show and boom, subtitles appear.

August 24, 2016 - 4:27pm
chaosxj349's picture
Beta Tester
  tomapower wrote:

Having a meta database saved localy on the drive (or on the Apple TV) so you don't have to regenerate every meta on different devices where playing movies with Infuse installed.

+1 for this. Although when I mentioned this in a different post, some people didn't experience this issue. But if I ever have to delete and reinstall Infuse, I have to drill down into each TV show folder so that the metadata can be recognized and the shows sorted in order.

I'm using a NAS, so having the data stored on the AppleTV may resolve this issue.

August 25, 2016 - 3:05am
jess74's picture

Hi all, I'm new here, so hello to all.
First of all, I really love this app!
I like the new list view feature, but it would be great to have it only in the lowest folder, because I also love the view over all my tv series with all the coverart. For example, the folder I added to my favorites is called TV Series. In this folder each show has an own folder with the name of the show. Then different folders for each season. It would be great to see all the covers at once, and then, in the folder for a season, to have the list view, so you can see the name of the episodes.
Sorry for my bad English...
Thank you!

October 25, 2016 - 9:01am
Nick89's picture

When there is a folder with a serie without any content the folder images stays grey.
Please search for a image on the series name on internet when there is a series folder without content so there are nog grey folders.