SMB only, other protocols coming?

Are there any plans to support other shared folder protocols like the iOS app does? For example, on iOS, you can choose between SMB, WebDAV, WebDAV (HTTPS), FTP, and SFTP.

In the app screenshot on the tvos store there are references to ftp webdav and others protocols but on the real app it is not possible to change from smb… :frowning:

NFS is the way to go, more threads, less latency, better protocol. Stick to version 3. NFS3 is faster than vers 4. 4 only introduces security features that are not necessary on a streaming box.

In the app screenshot on the tvos store there are references to ftp webdav and others protocols but on the real app it is not possible to change from smb… :([/quote]

Same problem here, cannot manually change from SMB to another protocol. Also is not automatically detecting my local shares either (WebDAV). I’m probably just gonna wait and hope they can fix this quickly. Already Infuse is 2nd only to the Netflix app in the Australian appstore. Clearly people are jumping to buy this.

Totally Agree, we need NFS! :-/

Crickets… I have to stop paying for their products. No follow through.

This issue has been fixed in the 4.0.1 update, which is currently awaiting review at Apple.

Infuse supports streaming via SMB, FTP/SFTP, UPnP/DLNA, and WebDAV.

Thanks James. Hoping the “WebDAV” mentioned here includes the HTTPS package like the iOS apps?

Yes sir. Same exact options as the iOS app, with the exception of direct URL streaming. Though, now that Apple has updated their iOS Remote app we may look at adding that as well.

Will you even answer the NFS issue or just ignore it and keep collecting our money.

Infuse does not currently support NFS, though we may look at adding it in the future. :wink:

what is the fastest protocol?

what is the fastest protocol?[/quote]

NFS

What is the faster/better protocol to use. SMB or DLNA?

Dlna has issues and cifs/smb and limited in how many processes : connections per session and is slow. Nfs is better, faster and handles more threads.

What about AFP?

I previously used Infuse on a jailbroken 2nd gen ATV. I have an Airport Extreme with a USB hard drive that I use as a poor man’s media server. (I have a laptop and want to be able to watch movies when it’s out of commission.)

When I set up my share on my new Apple TV with Infuse, everything seems to set up fine (it detects the Airport Extreme server). But when I try to access the drive, it says nothing is there. It only has the Airport share portal, no drive.

I compared the settings to those on my 720p ATV black, and the only difference is that it was AFP. However, “SMB” is greyed out in the settings (and stays that way if I delete it and try to set it up again, so I’m not sure what else to try. Has anyone else had success with the Airport Extreme setup?