7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 30, 2015 - 7:59am
wallyg's picture
Kudos: 0

So for tor those of us with receivers that don't have HDMI video outputs, which means we have to route our one Apple TV HDMI cable to the tv itself (and then an HDMI from the tv to the receiver for audio), are we just out of luck when it comes to Dolby Digital sound? Is there nothing we can do?

December 30, 2015 - 8:19am
krzych's picture

I'm using something like this: https://mgmplay.pl/en/konwertery-audio-video/2... but unfortunately I've encountered a problem that is mentioned here: http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13646.
I've tried this box with ATV3 and it works like a charm.

December 30, 2015 - 3:23pm
lukekjones's picture

Seriously, try "One Video" in the App Store. The user interface isn't great but Dolby Digital works fine when sent via hdmi to your tv then surround sound system.

Infuse looks great but doesn't deliver on the sound.

December 31, 2015 - 2:25am
helonaut's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1
  lukekjones wrote:

I'm sorry, but it is not fair to extrapolate that conclusion based on your experience with your specific set-up(s). It doesn't deliver what you expected in your case (period).
I'm currently listening to Dolby Digital (and DTS, AND DTS-HD by the way), so it has to be something with your setup(s) I'm afraid. True I'm not using my TV as a pass-through, but that doesn't mean Infuse doesn't deliver. For example if you have the movie The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in BluRay quality you can test this very good. I can hear the beginning tune going from my LR speaker gradually to my LF speaker. Very cool use of surround that scene by the way Smile

Fire(proof|hard)Core

December 31, 2015 - 2:37am
MortUK's picture
  helonaut wrote:
  lukekjones wrote:

I'm sorry, but it is not fair to extrapolate that conclusion based on your experience with your specific set-up(s). It doesn't deliver what you expected in your case (period).
I'm currently listening to Dolby Digital (and DTS, AND DTS-HD by the way), so it has to be something with your setup(s) I'm afraid. True I'm not using my TV as a pass-through, but that doesn't mean Infuse doesn't deliver. For example if you have the movie The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in BluRay quality you can test this very good. I can hear the beginning tune going from my LR speaker gradually to my LF speaker. Very cool use of surround that scene by the way Smile

DTS-HD.???

I'd be quite impressed if you got that working....... I think it's accepted that Infuse does not pass DTS-HD though at this point and that they hope to implement it in the future.. Does your Amp actually show "DTS-HD".? It may be a fault in your system if it is...

Mort...

December 31, 2015 - 2:42am
lukekjones's picture
  helonaut wrote:
  lukekjones wrote:

Not sure it's my system, Infuse 3 works great delivering Video and DD5.1 via AirPlay on the same system.

December 31, 2015 - 8:12pm
sunshinefires's picture
  MortUK wrote:
  helonaut wrote:
  lukekjones wrote:

DTS-HD.???

I'd be quite impressed if you got that working....... I think it's accepted that Infuse does not pass DTS-HD though at this point and that they hope to implement it in the future.. Does your Amp actually show "DTS-HD".? It may be a fault in your system if it is...

Mort...

He's probably playing a DTS-HD file with only the DTS core passed through. I don't think there's an app so far that has been able to passthrough HD audio on tvOS. I wonder if the limitation lies with tvOS itself.