345 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 30, 2015 - 12:27pm
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,301
Kudos: 1,080

To customize the look and feel of Infuse on Apple TV you can display your own artwork for Favorites displayed on the home screen. The link below aims to provide a showcase of user-created samples from which to choose from.

Master showcase link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qau2588j947dcz1/AAD...

How do I add favorite tile images?
Option 1. Add an image named favorite-atv.jpg (png works too) to the folder which is set as a favorite. Optimal resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Option 2. Long-press on a Favorite and click the Select Artwork option to browse for an image.

PS - If you are interested in having your images added to the master showcase link, just drop me a PM.

PPS - Big thanks to xoniq for the inspiration for this thread. Grin

  January 1, 2016 - 4:26am
DrZoidberg's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 68
Kudos: 6

For those who wonder how to create artworks themselves, the "Assembly" app for iOS is a good start Smile

  January 1, 2016 - 5:27am
smett's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 171
Kudos: 10

Thx for sharing. Looks pretty good.

  January 1, 2016 - 11:41am
xoniq's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 106
Kudos: 2

I use Sketch on my Mac, but it is nog a free app, but great for vector/icon/layout design.

  January 2, 2016 - 5:42am
alv's picture
alv
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 100
Kudos: 5

Offtopic : Interface

Mmm, thinking about this proposal... How sounds 2 options about the splash screen:
- If the image looks like a icon (like upper here), then show it without background color neither shadow, only zoom.
- If image is a picture, then let it be.

mac mini (late 2014) macos sierra · iphone 6 · ipad mini 4

  January 2, 2016 - 2:22pm
dysse27's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 31
Kudos: 0

For favorite image to show, you must use SMB sharing, it doesn't work with dlna sharing, I know because, I had that problem.

  January 4, 2016 - 7:05am
DrZoidberg's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 68
Kudos: 6
  January 4, 2016 - 11:09am
jake.shenker's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
Kudos: 1
  DrZoidberg wrote:

Here are mines Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ed56p7gp8nuzhqz/AAD...

These are great!! Thanks for sharing Smile (V)(;,,;)(V)

  January 6, 2016 - 7:36pm
alexk403's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Kudos: 1

These are really awesome. Feel free to say no or whatever, but I really like your movies and tv icons, but also have two folders called Still In Theaters (for movies currently in theaters) as well as a downloads folder (for things just downloaded and not put into a different folder yet). For the downloads one I was thinking just like an arrow pointing down or something. For the theaters one not sure, maybe popcorn? If you have the time and are interested in making some more backgrounds I would really appreciate it? It wouldn't look right to only have your icon style for some of my folders. I have been trying to recreate your icons but have had little luck. Either way thanks!

  January 7, 2016 - 1:31am
DrZoidberg's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 68
Kudos: 6
  alexk403 wrote:

These are really awesome. Feel free to say no or whatever, but I really like your movies and tv icons, but also have two folders called Still In Theaters (for movies currently in theaters) as well as a downloads folder (for things just downloaded and not put into a different folder yet). For the downloads one I was thinking just like an arrow pointing down or something. For the theaters one not sure, maybe popcorn? If you have the time and are interested in making some more backgrounds I would really appreciate it? It wouldn't look right to only have your icon style for some of my folders. I have been trying to recreate your icons but have had little luck. Either way thanks!

Sure! I'll do that Smile (if you were speaking to me...)

  January 7, 2016 - 4:39am
nyponsoppa's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
Kudos: 0
  January 7, 2016 - 5:28am
smett's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 171
Kudos: 10
  nyponsoppa wrote:

My first attempt...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c6dgeoyx6mssyg8/AAD...

Great!

  January 7, 2016 - 7:02am
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19

My contribution Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wx3o9j4qht7fd3h/AAD...

I hope you like them...

  January 7, 2016 - 7:04am
DrZoidberg's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 68
Kudos: 6
  javiervitorero-me wrote:

My contribution Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wx3o9j4qht7fd3h/AAD...

I hope you like them...

Nice! What app did you use?

  January 7, 2016 - 7:06am
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19

Photoshop Smile

  January 7, 2016 - 10:36am
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19
  javiervitorero-me wrote:

My contribution Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wx3o9j4qht7fd3h/AAD...

I hope you like them...

And for music videos genre folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/05qf35o21kubxnw/AAC...

  January 7, 2016 - 11:38am
alexk403's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Kudos: 1
  DrZoidberg wrote:
  alexk403 wrote:

These are really awesome. Feel free to say no or whatever, but I really like your movies and tv icons, but also have two folders called Still In Theaters (for movies currently in theaters) as well as a downloads folder (for things just downloaded and not put into a different folder yet). For the downloads one I was thinking just like an arrow pointing down or something. For the theaters one not sure, maybe popcorn? If you have the time and are interested in making some more backgrounds I would really appreciate it? It wouldn't look right to only have your icon style for some of my folders. I have been trying to recreate your icons but have had little luck. Either way thanks!

Sure! I'll do that Smile (if you were speaking to me...)

Just saw them in your dropbox. Awesome work! Thanks so much really appreciate it!

  January 7, 2016 - 11:53am
DrZoidberg's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 68
Kudos: 6
  alexk403 wrote:
  DrZoidberg wrote:
  alexk403 wrote:

These are really awesome. Feel free to say no or whatever, but I really like your movies and tv icons, but also have two folders called Still In Theaters (for movies currently in theaters) as well as a downloads folder (for things just downloaded and not put into a different folder yet). For the downloads one I was thinking just like an arrow pointing down or something. For the theaters one not sure, maybe popcorn? If you have the time and are interested in making some more backgrounds I would really appreciate it? It wouldn't look right to only have your icon style for some of my folders. I have been trying to recreate your icons but have had little luck. Either way thanks!

Sure! I'll do that Smile (if you were speaking to me...)

Just saw them in your dropbox. Awesome work! Thanks so much really appreciate it!

My pleasure Smile

  January 7, 2016 - 2:36pm
smett's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 171
Kudos: 10
  javiervitorero-me wrote:

My contribution Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wx3o9j4qht7fd3h/AAD...

I hope you like them...

Amazing!

  January 7, 2016 - 3:46pm
NSBrad's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 84
Kudos: 5

Nice, I was just coming here to ask if any one had a good source of folder images for both TV and Movies. I wanted to add them to my organization to make things look better. The folder screens looks bland compared to the rest of the app since it's all the same folder icon. If anyone has any other sources for them I'd love to see them too.

  January 8, 2016 - 5:36am
WimbledonEd's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 134
Kudos: 2

Here's mine...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_jpg...

(kids, tv, film, documentary)

  January 8, 2016 - 6:20am
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19
  WimbledonEd wrote:

Here's mine...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_jpg...

(kids, tv, film, documentary)

Very nice and with the "Infuse style"! Could you share the 1920x1080 files please??? Smile

  January 8, 2016 - 6:26am
WimbledonEd's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 134
Kudos: 2
  javiervitorero-me wrote:
  WimbledonEd wrote:

Here's mine...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_jpg...

(kids, tv, film, documentary)

Very nice and with the "Infuse style"! Could you share the 1920x1080 files please??? Smile

Sure - will do it this weekend!

Anyone know if you can use that layered 3D style effect that some graphics on tvOS have?

  January 8, 2016 - 7:28pm
Bill0199's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Kudos: 0

Here are a few. I went a little outside the box ha ha. Note these are not created by me I simply used combinations of free vector files from the web.
http://postimg.org/image/42f3zkmbt/ Grown Up TV
http://postimg.org/image/wpdivmxah/ Grown up Movies
http://postimg.org/image/aepnvo009/ Kids Movies
http://postimg.org/image/und1hdzbd/ Kids TV

  January 9, 2016 - 6:57am
WimbledonEd's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 134
Kudos: 2
  javiervitorero-me wrote:
  WimbledonEd wrote:

Here's mine...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_jpg...

(kids, tv, film, documentary)

Very nice and with the "Infuse style"! Could you share the 1920x1080 files please??? Smile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_wor...

  January 9, 2016 - 8:51am
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19
  WimbledonEd wrote:
  javiervitorero-me wrote:
  WimbledonEd wrote:

Here's mine...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_jpg...

(kids, tv, film, documentary)

Very nice and with the "Infuse style"! Could you share the 1920x1080 files please??? Smile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38774/_wor...

Thank you very much WimbledonEd, very good job!

With your permission Smile I have also made some more with the same style:

Grey/Orange https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p0ixt60esrsem7m/AAC...

Orange/Grey https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0omuslctkyogd1d/AAD...

Movie Genre https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f253x3ucqnzkrxm/AAC...

  January 9, 2016 - 10:50am
WimbledonEd's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 134
Kudos: 2

Very nice! What are you using to draw these with? I can upload the Adobe Illustrator files if they're of use to anyone? Love the genre icons. Might have to start splitting my files up a bit more...

  January 9, 2016 - 1:00pm
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19

I usually use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. If you want my psd and ai files I haven't any problem to share them with you or with everyone.

  January 10, 2016 - 7:35am
malte1975's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Kudos: 0
  DrZoidberg wrote:

Here are mines Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ed56p7gp8nuzhqz/AAD...

Love it. Would it be possible to make some more Categories... standup shows, music video, tv series, home video......, love the background color theme....

  January 10, 2016 - 8:26am
javiervitorero-me's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
Kudos: 19
  January 10, 2016 - 11:30am
DrZoidberg's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 68
Kudos: 6
  malte1975 wrote:
  DrZoidberg wrote:

Here are mines Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ed56p7gp8nuzhqz/AAD...

Love it. Would it be possible to make some more Categories... standup shows, music video, tv series, home video......, love the background color theme....

No problem, I'll do that!