139 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 5, 2016 - 11:07am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,280

Happy 2016! 4.0.2 has been submitted to the store, and with any luck will be available within the next week.

Here's what's coming in 4.0.2

• Major playback improvements
  • Faster playback start/seek times
  • Custom artwork for favorites (use favorite.png or favorite-atv.png)
  • Added more zoom options (for removing encoded black bars)
  • Added sort by filename option
  • Improved sorting for files like 'Toy Story', 'Toy Story 2' and 'Toy Story 3'
  • Improved metadata refetching if initial attempt failed with a network error
  • Improved metadata fetching efficiency
  • Add Favorites via iOS Remote app (tap right side of touch screen)
  • Long press to rename/remove Favorites
  • Version number displayed in settings
  • A handful of other minor improvements and fixes

Update 1/11: 4.0.2 is now live!

January 5, 2016 - 11:14am
Senna001's picture
Kudos: 0

Excellent Thanks James and staff

January 5, 2016 - 3:19pm
Kelebor's picture

Cool, Thanks...

January 5, 2016 - 7:04pm
briguy453's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Wonderful work!

January 5, 2016 - 8:10pm
dave1447's picture
Kudos: 3

Hi James,

Have you fixed the issue where audio will not play over Airplay connected speakers? This is a MAJOR issue.

January 5, 2016 - 10:02pm
astepanyan1981's picture

When will the library view be available? This is good for people with more than one hard drive. Just like the one with atv2.

January 6, 2016 - 10:00am
Bill0199's picture

Awesome thanks. Question. James can you tell me what pixel dimension would be optimal if I create some favourite artwork .png's in Photoshop?

January 6, 2016 - 10:08am
james's picture
Staff
  Bill0199 wrote:

Awesome thanks. Question. James can you tell me what pixel dimension would be optimal if I create some favourite artwork .png's in Photoshop?

1920x1080 would be recommended.

You can also check out this thread.
http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13990

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

January 6, 2016 - 10:18am
dave1447's picture

So then it would appear that, since, James, you are acknowledging other questions, the Airplay audio issue has not been fixed. Very disappointing. The lack of clear communication around this issue is not good.

January 6, 2016 - 11:09am
Bill0199's picture
  james wrote:
  Bill0199 wrote:

1920x1080 would be recommended.

You can also check out this thread.
http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13990

Thanks James.

January 6, 2016 - 11:13am
james's picture
Staff
  dave1447 wrote:

So then it would appear that, since, James, you are acknowledging other questions, the Airplay audio issue has not been fixed. Very disappointing. The lack of clear communication around this issue is not good.

It's on our roadmap, but has not yet been implemented. Sorry.

January 6, 2016 - 11:29am
astepanyan1981's picture
  james wrote:
  dave1447 wrote:

How about the library view?

January 6, 2016 - 11:40am
james's picture
Staff
  astepanyan1981 wrote:

How about the library view?

In the works. Wink

January 6, 2016 - 1:33pm
Cadu's picture

How about the playback stuttering? It's real annoying, i can't watch a single movie...

January 6, 2016 - 1:52pm
Arnal's picture
Beta Tester

+1

January 6, 2016 - 5:53pm
DebbieFL's picture

Very disappointed in Infuse support re: Airplay Delay

Even though I think that Apple should have an internal switch, for devs the AirPlay speaker delay support is one of the easiest fixes in Tvos and this problem affects a multitude of users.

On Infuse, do we have to again wait 3 weeks to a month for 4.0.3 for this fix, or will it be longer?

Hopefully, 4.0.2 will fix other video performance delays, so when Airplay speaker delay is fixed, I will be able to use Infuse Pro. Until then, $10 paid is lost money.

EDIT: Firecore response received ...Barring any complications, it should be resolved in the next update for Apple TV. Comment #47/48.

January 6, 2016 - 7:16pm
dave1447's picture
  james wrote:
  dave1447 wrote:

Well, thank you for that, James. It's at least good to know that a fix is coming. However, saying that it's on the roadmap sounds like you consider this a feature, when in reality I would classify it as a bug (showstopper).

January 6, 2016 - 8:06pm
bevmonster's picture
  DebbieFL wrote:

Very disappointed in Infuse support re: Airplay Delay

Hopefully, 4.0.2 will fix other video performance delays, so when Airplay speaker delay is fixed, I will be able to use Infuse Pro. Until then, $10 paid is lost money.

I agree. A waste of money for me. Airplay is a basic feature that every other app seems to handle without a problem. Very surprised it wasn't fixed on new update.

January 7, 2016 - 10:23am
deviantuk's picture

When I saw DTS-HD support for the pro version I purchased without looking on here - £7.99 I didnt have to spend on kodi for apple tv 4 (yes you can sideload it with a dev account) - I understand DTS-HD is a licencing issue but why advertise it on the app store as such ?

DeviantUK

January 7, 2016 - 3:50pm
MarcFinns's picture

Suggestion: add a button to turn on the NAS from the remote i.e. send the magic packet WOL (wake-up-on-LAN).

January 8, 2016 - 3:27am
kolding's picture

Does anyone know when its coming out?

January 8, 2016 - 8:07am
anthonyk.5213's picture

On the AppleTV, how do you check which version you currently have?

January 8, 2016 - 10:22am
fhall1's picture
Kudos: 1
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

With versions before 4.0.2 I don't think you can.

January 8, 2016 - 10:34am
MortUK's picture
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

If you go into your purchases in the App store it will tell you..

January 9, 2016 - 2:20am
danielo.8562's picture
  MortUK wrote:
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

Maybe its good if people report when its out in their part of the world. As of today it still has 4.0.1 in europe store it will probably still take a few days maybe longer because of the holiday break apple review team had.

Daniel.

January 10, 2016 - 3:30am
makmic's picture
Beta Tester

Honestly, I love Infuse (I use it on ATV2, on iPhone/iPad, and now on ATV4 as well). Thank you James for this.

But now I join my voice to the request about the "sound thru Airplay compatibility bug". To my knowledge Infuse is the only ATV4 App which is not compatible with the ATV4 feature. Thanks in advance for the correction.

January 10, 2016 - 5:55am
danielo.8562's picture
  makmic wrote:

Honestly, I love Infuse (I use it on ATV2, on iPhone/iPad, and now on ATV4 as well). Thank you James for this.

But now I join my voice to the request about the "sound thru Airplay compatibility bug". To my knowledge Infuse is the only ATV4 App which is not compatible with the ATV4 feature. Thanks in advance for the correction.

Am i missing something when i ask what this has todo with infuse on the appletv ? It seems to me to be a bug on the ipad/iphone version. I never tested it but will do so since i also have it installed on the ipad. But they 'send' the stream to the AppleTV OS not to the infuse app installed on it. Btw to James and the other developers i do think its interesting in the future to think about how these apps can work together over the 2 platforms by for example sending the url from one app (say ipad) to the appletv version (like netflix seems todo) when they have access to the same share so mirror mode is not used but direct playout is triggered. Or that you 'mark' a movie for download to your mobile device for traveling and the ipad version downloads all of them. And lastly syncing of the meta-data (doesn't do that now).

Daniel.

January 10, 2016 - 7:25am
makmic's picture
Beta Tester

@Danielo
Yes, you are missing something. The ATV4 has the ability to stream its Sound/Audio to an other Airplay compatible system (like an Airplay compatible HIFI Amplifier, or an Airport Expess linked to an HIFI system). This functionality works with (all?) other ATV4 Apps (eg Netflix etc.), but currently not with Infuse, as also earlier stated by some other posters in this thread.

January 10, 2016 - 8:13am
danielo.8562's picture
  makmic wrote:

@Danielo
Yes, you are missing something. The ATV4 have the ability to stream its Sound to an other Airplay compatible system (like an Airplay compatible HIFI Amplifier, or an Airport Expess linked to an HIFI system). This functionality works with (all?) other ATV4 Apps (eg Netflix etc.) but currently not with Infuse, as also earlier stated by some other posters in this thread.

Indeed after posting (and doing some testing) i was wondering if people where talking about that. But what has me confused is why would people want this ?. I guess when they have a hdmi display but want to reroute the audio to a receiver that is not hooked up? Seems a very unstable way to me since using the signal inside the hdmi using arc or some spitter/receiver makes much more sense. Can you give me the use model for this where this makes sense for so many people and no better solution is availeble (i am willing to test have many toys i can play with in my setup).

edit: i tested this and as far as i can see its because they do not use the 'default' video player apple provides and most of the others are. If for example you use infuse on a ipad and send the signal to a appletv4 you do get the option and can send the signal to other airplay receivers. We then also see the return of features like showing preview while scrubbing. I am not one of the developers but my guess is since infuse wants to have their own video player/stack more than others since it will give them advantages in the future (or even already now) they will loose features that are part of apple's own default player. It takes time to reimplement these themselves or in worse case might not be possible at all since the api would not allow it. A example would be using PIP on ios that is limited to only the video player apple provides.

Happy if infuse devs correct me if i am wrong, and i am partly guessing here Smile

Daniel.

January 10, 2016 - 12:17pm
RikkieB's picture
Beta Tester
  danielo.8562 wrote:
  MortUK wrote:
  anthonyk.5213 wrote:

Maybe its good if people report when its out in their part of the world. As of today it still has 4.0.1 in europe store it will probably still take a few days maybe longer because of the holiday break apple review team had.

Daniel.

I live in Belgium and I am waiting for 4.0.2...keep you posted

January 10, 2016 - 1:25pm
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 117
  RikkieB wrote:

I live in Belgium and I only see version 3.6.2 which I installed on my ATv. So no V4.0.2 Frown

There is no 3.6.2 for the ATV4 - that is the version for iPhones/iPads. The current version for the ATV4 is 4.0.1 wit 4.0.2 coming as soon as it gets past Apple.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE