25 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 7, 2016 - 5:07pm
mrfatboy's picture
Kudos: 13

I just got my ATV4 so I can display all my media. I want to ditch Kodi on my htpc and I don't use itunes. Plex is way too slow for me flipping thru my photos.

Will Infuse ever support photo viewing so I can dump Plex and make Infuse my go to media viewing app? If so, when?

Thanks

Keep up the great work!

January 8, 2016 - 2:50am
dgsgc's picture
Kudos: 8

Would love this feature too

January 8, 2016 - 6:11am
Superc's picture
Kudos: 2

OS X Photo Library support ! Grin

January 9, 2016 - 7:34am
murgmat's picture

One of my most favourite request.

To be honest I was a little bit disappointed that INFUSE actually doesn't support this feature.

PLEASE add this one to your to do list.!!!

January 9, 2016 - 1:56pm
Disc0's picture
Kudos: 5

Hopefully not! There are plenty of other ways to view photos on the ATV. I'd hate for Infuse to become bloated with crap. Smile

January 9, 2016 - 4:24pm
mrfatboy's picture

What other ways? I don't want to use a iTunes and Plex is slow and clunky.

Please explain.

January 10, 2016 - 7:16am
joro_abv's picture
  Disc0 wrote:

Hopefully not! There are plenty of other ways to view photos on the ATV. I'd hate for Infuse to become bloated with crap. Smile

Share, please. I have big set of family photos on my NAS, so I'm really curious how can I view them on the ATV without running the intermediate iTunes crap somewhere.

... and the same goes for my NAS music library, btw.

January 10, 2016 - 8:10am
Disc0's picture
  mrfatboy wrote:

Please explain.

AirPhotoTV, FilebrowserTV etc .. there are lots of different apps on the ATV Appstore that does this. Do a search!

January 10, 2016 - 8:46am
WimbledonEd's picture

Flickr is pretty good for this too.

January 10, 2016 - 3:20pm
mrfatboy's picture
  Disc0 wrote:
  mrfatboy wrote:

Please explain.

AirPhotoTV, FilebrowserTV etc .. there are lots of different apps on the ATV Appstore that does this. Do a search!

Airphoto TV is garbage. I bought all the others. FileBrowser worked but only for my basic needs. The experience lacked.

Every app in the app store is lacking one thing or another including Infuse hence the photo video viewing request.

Infuse could be the de facto media viewing app.

January 11, 2016 - 12:49am
incoming0707's picture
Kudos: 1

i would really be good to have Photo viewing so that infuse becomes centralized place for all your media.

February 19, 2016 - 3:20am
mouldyolddough's picture
Kudos: 0
  Disc0 wrote:

I currently use FileBrowser on my iPad for browsing my library of photos in raw .NEF format and I have been looking for a solution for my Apple TV. I will have a look at FileBrowserTV later.

Maybe another app could be developed by the guys behind Infuse to keep things separate? I just want a nice, fast, easy to use interface to view my photos and home movies. I would be great if these features could all be integrated into one app, and I wouldn't mind paying an upgrade fee from my current Infuse Pro license to get this.

February 19, 2016 - 6:20am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 116
  mouldyolddough wrote:

I currently use FileBrowser on my iPad for browsing my library of photos in raw .NEF format and I have been looking for a solution for my Apple TV. I will have a look at FileBrowserTV later.

Maybe another app could be developed by the guys behind Infuse to keep things separate? I just want a nice, fast, easy to use interface to view my photos and home movies. I would be great if these features could all be integrated into one app, and I wouldn't mind paying an upgrade fee from my current Infuse Pro license to get this.

FileExplorer also does a good job and since I am now using that for .mp3 files it is the app I am also using for photos.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

February 22, 2016 - 3:42am
mouldyolddough's picture
  itimpi wrote:

FileExplorer also does a good job and since I am now using that for .mp3 files it is the app I am also using for photos.

My mistake, it was File Explorer that I use on my iPad. I downloaded FileBrowserTV but it does not display .nef images properly as it is only a very low res preview that it seems to show. Does anyone know of an app to view .nef images on ATV?

February 24, 2018 - 6:22pm
HeadCzech's picture

Can we get an answer on this, pls?

February 26, 2018 - 3:44am
dave1447's picture
Kudos: 3

Please no! Absolutely not! This should be a separate application.

April 4, 2018 - 12:16pm
domze's picture

I miss that feature. +1

April 5, 2018 - 1:07am
Deschain's picture

If you have your photos on a Synology NAS, the Synology Photo app on ATV is very good and fast.

April 5, 2018 - 8:48am
spot1701's picture
Kudos: 4

Definately not needed or missed. Stick to videos.

Thanks

Bryan

April 8, 2018 - 1:33am
Zozon's picture
Kudos: 14

There is no good universal cloud photos app for Apple TV.

I'd love to see the ability to get photos from Google Photos.

If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to use it, of course.

April 8, 2018 - 4:32am
mrfatboy's picture

I would really like to see photo support. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

April 8, 2018 - 5:34am
lyskamm's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 14

Please don’t let Infuse became like other bloated apps...
Plex player is a good example of an app that tries to do everything but it’s not good at anything

April 8, 2018 - 6:10am
mrfatboy's picture

I don't understand why people are resistant to this feature request. You don't have to use and if you don't use it you would never know that's it's there. Infuse would be exactly the same.

Currently I use infuse for movies and my home videos. It just makes sense photos are supported also👍 I hate going to another inferior app (like plex) just to see my photos.

Again, if you don't want to view photos in Infuse don't add a directory (share) to your photos😏 There would be no action needed by the user not to view any photos. Everybody is happy except developers of competing photo viewing apps which are terrible.

Of course, if people are really getting their panties in a bunch over adding this feature the Infuse developers could create a new app and call it "Infuse Media". I would pay for it. I'm sure they would like another revenue stream.

Heck, just make it an "in app" purchase for the photo viewing feature. Now, everybody should be happy👍

April 8, 2018 - 11:28am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 380

I think the reason some are not for photo viewing is the fear that Infuse will start to suffer from the "Swiss Army Knife" feature bloat that the software does EVERYTHING mediocre but nothing well. I'd love it if Infuse could do photos too (and music if we're doing the pie in the sky routine) but not at the expense of spending less time on the video playback and features that are related to that. Now if that comes about, I'd be happy to use it but it's not a necessity.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

November 2, 2019 - 2:13am
archfrog's picture

I'd love this feature too, especially because Infuse already has very good support for Windows shares, etc., even to the point of allowing a password.

I agree that the "swiss army knife" issue is important, but now I have to use another app just for viewing pictures, which means I'll have to set up my Windows shares twice and change them twice if any changes occur.

I think the "swiss army knife" issue can be solved by supporting videos and images only, not PDF, not epub, not audio, and so on.