July 21, 2018 - 10:53am
JPF's picture
JPF
Kudos: 0

+1 a must have feature ! please firecore team make this happen

July 24, 2018 - 1:23am
fischkopp's picture

A Plex-like trailer integration would be awesome, ie. 1) show trailers for the films in your library 2) before starting a movie from your library show 1-X trailers of movies currently in the cinemas in your country. I love this Plex feature. It makes watching movies at home a cinema-like experience Smile

July 31, 2018 - 12:51am
Marc2000's picture
Kudos: 1

+1

August 4, 2018 - 7:28pm
i_maxB's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

Could we please have a response from Infuse. This would be a great feature and add a lot to Infuse.

August 4, 2018 - 8:50pm
msnow's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 16
  i_maxB wrote:

Could we please have a response from Infuse. This would be a great feature and add a lot to Infuse.

I believe James said it was on the roadmap. Not 100% sure though. I would love it too!

August 4, 2018 - 9:35pm
molnizzle's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 10
  msnow wrote:

I believe James said it was on the roadmap. Not 100% sure though. I would love it too!

Definitely not on the roadmap, and if James said something, I somehow missed it. The Infuse team has been utterly silent on this issue for months. I don't think it's a priority for them.

...which is crazy!

August 5, 2018 - 5:07am
msnow's picture
Beta Tester
  molnizzle wrote:

Definitely not on the roadmap, and if James said something, I somehow missed it. The Infuse team has been utterly silent on this issue for months. I don't think it's a priority for them.

...which is crazy!

Attachments: 
  August 8, 2018 - 2:45pm
Zozon's picture
Kudos: 14

Trailers and automatic content library updates is a must for a video library app....

August 8, 2018 - 2:53pm
msnow's picture
Beta Tester
  Zozon wrote:

Trailers and automatic content library updates is a must for a video library app....

Agree, trailers are a must. Regarding content updates, if you’re using Plex Media Server you can control that in the Server settings. Might be under Library or Scheduled tasks. I leave mine at default, every 3 days.

August 8, 2018 - 3:09pm
Zozon's picture

I use Plex less and less (mostly to store my permanent collection). I use cloud services nowadays and these do not update automatically, which gets really annoying, since nobody but me here can figure out that after every change or added video file, they have to go into the settings and manually update.

It's really not user friendly without trailers and auto library updates. I'd add ratings, too.

August 15, 2018 - 11:33am
saji2020's picture
Kudos: 2

++1

that will make this player even more awesome

I miss this feature having used Kodi heavily

August 16, 2018 - 3:24pm
willdood's picture

+1 Yes Please!

August 17, 2018 - 9:57pm
acibrill's picture
Beta Tester

I am interested in trailers

August 20, 2018 - 6:45am
Eriol's picture
Beta Tester

+1

August 21, 2018 - 8:07am
Explosive's picture
Beta Tester

+1

August 21, 2018 - 2:25pm
robertorigo's picture
Beta Tester

Trailers & IMDB

August 26, 2018 - 2:18pm
Igor29's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 15

It's like the only thing missing in Infuse.

Please implement it fast.

August 27, 2018 - 4:24pm
atoulmin's picture
Beta Tester

+1

Great idea

August 27, 2018 - 7:11pm
Mr Lucas's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

I am less interested in trailers for actual movies, as I am Plex's Cinema Trailers pre-roll video capability. I have created a number of custom pre-movie intros that Plex can randomly select one of them and play it before movies. It adds a nice custom wow to my theater, and is one of the few things I miss when I'm using Infuse, vs the native Plex client. 7.1 Audio and direct playing everything makes up for loosing little niceties like pre-roll videos, but it would be great to get them back Smile

August 27, 2018 - 7:54pm
msnow's picture
Beta Tester
  Mr Lucas wrote:

+1ish

I am less interested in trailers for actual movies, as I am Plex's Cinema Trailers pre-roll video capability. I have created a number of custom pre-movie intros that Plex can randomly select one of them and play it before movies. It adds a nice custom wow to my theater, and is one of the few things I miss when I'm using Infuse, vs the native Plex client. 7.1 Audio and direct playing everything makes up for loosing little niceties like pre-roll videos, but it would be great to get them back Smile

For anyone interested, this is what he’s talking about.
https://support.plex.tv/articles/202920803-ext...

The problem with that is:
1: it takes work whereas the simpler trailers are automatically available from Plex providers.
2. you need to be a Plex Pass subscriber to get the advanced features. That’s fine for you and me but not for the general population of users.

August 28, 2018 - 4:52am
Mr Lucas's picture
Beta Tester

Thanks for helping to explain my suggestion further. But I'm not sure how much more work it would be than playing a trailer from "the plex providers." The Infuse team could have you designate an SMB share for custom trailers, and select a random file to play from that share before the movie. Seem like that would be just as easy as targeting an online resource and randomly selecting one from there, same logic - different source. It would also allow those not utilizing plex to use the feature.

msnow wrote:

For anyone interested, this is what he’s talking about.
https://support.plex.tv/articles/202920803-ext...

The problem with that is:
1: it takes work whereas the simpler trailers are automatically available from Plex providers.
2. you need to be a Plex Pass subscriber to get the advanced features. That’s fine for you and me but not for the general population of users.

August 28, 2018 - 6:01am
Mr Lucas's picture
Beta Tester

Also for anyone wishing to create custom trailers/pre-roll videos, I have used an app called intromate. The built in templates allow you to create some impressive, 10 second theater intros, with little effort. Pretty good bang for the buck IMO.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/intromate-intr...

August 28, 2018 - 11:28am
molnizzle's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 10

Pre-roll isn't even the issue for me (or most, I imagine), nor should it take priority over adding proper trailer support first.

Once trailers are properly implemented, sure, go nuts with letting you pre-roll them (or other custom clips) before a movie. But we need a "Play Trailer" option on a movie's info page before any of that. For people with large media libraries, trailers are essential.

August 28, 2018 - 11:39am
Zozon's picture

Pre-roll creation may be useful for some, but it's not the point for most users, I would guess.

A trailer is what most users need, as well as movie rating (a little less important, but still up there, IMO).

August 28, 2018 - 11:56am
Igor29's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 15
  molnizzle wrote:

Pre-roll isn't even the issue for me (or most, I imagine), nor should it take priority over adding proper trailer support first.

Once trailers are properly implemented, sure, go nuts with letting you pre-roll them (or other custom clips) before a movie. But we need a "Play Trailer" option on a movie's info page before any of that. For people with large media libraries, trailers are essential.

Yes, pre-roll is also not the most important for me.

Simply. Trailers. For. The. Movies.

August 28, 2018 - 12:09pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 340

Who ever started the discussion here on pre-roll ( I believe it was Mr Lucas but not sure) may want to start a separate thread in the Suggestions sub so as to not get lost here since it's really two different features.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

August 28, 2018 - 6:00pm
Mr Lucas's picture
Beta Tester

Sorry, the pre-roll addition was me. Didn't me to hijack the thread. I read some other posts talking about randomly selecting a trailer from your library and playing it before the movie and mistakenly thought this thread incorporated that behavior as well and then added my two cents.

It is now apparent that what is desired is as a simple button that plays the trailer for the selected movie. Not overly useful to me, but I get that some people would find them valuable.

Again, sorry for the hi-jack.