277 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 27, 2017 - 4:40pm
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 20

Still no word..

Getting some info on this would be great as there are a few issues with the Plex side of this app. Firstly the most annoying is the ‘indexing failed’ message most times I try to scan for changes. I have read numerous threads on this and no real conclusion. Then there is how slow this app connects with Plex, when scanning does work it goes through the entire library instead of just what’s new. Some actual integration would fix these issues and boost business for the company on top of that. So can we please get some form of response about this.

November 27, 2017 - 4:52pm
Hoosier317's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12
  Sketchthis31 wrote:

Still no word..

Getting some info on this would be great as there are a few issues with the Plex side of this app. Firstly the most annoying is the ‘indexing failed’ message most times I try to scan for changes. I have read numerous threads on this and no real conclusion. Then there is how slow this app connects with Plex, when scanning does work it goes through the entire library instead of just what’s new. Some actual integration would fix these issues and boost business for the company on top of that. So can we please get some form of response about this.

I started getting the failed indexing message today as well. My “Movies” folder is by far the largest one I have and the only one with this issue. Better Plex integration/interaction is very much needed and should be a priority. If MrMc can do it, Firecore obviously can.

November 27, 2017 - 6:27pm
ersan's picture
Kudos: 2

I'm actually going to amend my previous request for Plex support. I took the time yesterday to actually try out Infuse (using Plex DLNA) and its library features are rather far behind what Plex offers, however its video player is miles ahead of Plex's lazy native Apple player implementation.

For instance on Plex you get:

• A home page with some of the most used categories (Recently added TV, movies etc), whereas to get to most of those requires quite a bit of navigating on Infuse
  • Rotten Tomatoes ratings and reviews
  • The ability to browse movies by actor or director
  • Trailers
  • Curation - top movies based on the genres you watch, 'related movies', and such
  • Shuffle play on playlists
  • Universal Search
  • On Deck (this is kind of huge)

And those are just off the top of my head, I haven't even tried TV Shows on it but I'd imagine it's missing a bunch of things I use regularly too. Just posting this for people like me who are fed up with Plex's lack of updates but might not know what they are getting into with Infuse. I wouldn't be able to give up Plex for Infuse in its current state, unfortunately. If Plex were to license Infuse's player I think that would appease more people - and hopefully someday they will fix the bugs in their app.

November 29, 2017 - 2:42pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115

A quick update.

We're starting to look into this for an upcoming version! Grin

We'd love to gather some more info from those who are interested as to what aspects of a Plex integration they are most interested in (E.G. keeping Plex watched statuses in sync, remote access, etc...)

Any feedback you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 29, 2017 - 2:48pm
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester

Thank you @james !!! So for me the watch status in sync is definitely a good start, anytime I scan for changes it says I’ve watched a load of things I haven’t which throws off tv series watching. The ability to change posters from the metadata downloaded. Possibility of the rotten tomatoes and IMDb ratings? and the discover page is really nice. That’s what I can think of off the top of my head. I think @ersan1911 summed it up nicely for the core features. I’ll comment again if I think of anything else. Thanks again!

November 29, 2017 - 2:51pm
thimplicity's picture
Kudos: 1

@James: This is great News, thanks for sharing!

I would second the topics mentioned by Sketchthis31, especially syncing back to Plex what I have watched. It would also be great to be able to edit and sync back meta data or if Infuse has chosen the wrong Series. Scandal and Scandal (2012) is my example here.

Any idea on the timing for the "next" version? Would be a great Christmas present Smile

November 29, 2017 - 2:52pm
jamesv.61036's picture

James this is great news! For me my biggest wishlist is as follows:
- Metadata sync between all devices from the PMS, including watched/unwatched status
- Ability to passthrough audio formats, what brought me to Infuse in the first place
- Movie trailers are always a nice addition

November 29, 2017 - 2:57pm
timstephens24's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 118
  james wrote:

A quick update.

We'd love to gather some more info from those who are interested as to what aspects of a Plex integration they are most interested in (E.G. keeping Plex watched statuses in sync, remote access, etc...)

YAY!!!

For me what I'd like it to do:
1. Use the metadata from Plex so I don't have an extra 2GB+ of metadata on my iPhone, iPad, Apple TVs, etc. This would also help if I change the artwork on Plex, that artwork would sync to Infuse.
2. Select the Plex server to connect to, either local or remote, but only connect to that server. I have two servers, one for home and one for outside my home (Plex Cloud). While at my house I'd like to only connect to the server at my house, and then when I leave switch to my Plex Cloud.
3. Keep Plex watch status, but also when I watch something with Plex integration push the watch status to Trakt, too.
4. Set transcode quality from the Plex server in case my remote connection isn't good enough to stream the full quality.

Apple TV 4K --> Denon X6500H 7.1.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
======== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 ========
iPhone XS Max ||| iPad Pro 10.5

November 29, 2017 - 2:58pm
shakes's picture

To parrot what others have said I would say syncing watched status (including the list of shows from ‘Up Next’ in Plex), being able to passthrough audio formats not supported by Plex on ATV such as DTS, and using the Plex metadata.

November 29, 2017 - 3:07pm
Hoosier317's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12
  james wrote:

A quick update.

Just the ability to use Infuse as a Plex client would be absolutely stellar. Having each of my Plex libraries show up as “favorites” in Infuse, ideally.

I want to use my Plex Media Server to manage and organize my library. I just want Infuse to serve as a very capable client.

November 29, 2017 - 3:14pm
Bevanpfc's picture
Beta Tester

Fantastic news James !
My preference would be that we can access shared library’s.
I have several friends who share me their servers.
Also universal search, so that I can search for a particular movie and it will check all available servers and give the choice on which one to play.

November 29, 2017 - 5:18pm
thrasher's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 11

Awesome news. Honestly the biggest things to me revolve around Infuse just being my Plex client.

I want it to report watched status/update Plex on the fly

I want it to be able to use my Plex Server for metadata as Infuse metadata works great but it’s slow and required to be done on launch.

***The ability to use Plex Home Users!!! I can’t make the switch until I can limit my kids interaction with Infuse on launch.

I want to use Plex filtering for libraries.

I’m sure others want the ability to switch multiple servers.

NFS via a 36TB unRAID 6.4 Server
Apple TV 4K, iPhone 7+, iPad Air
2900+ movies, 8500+ tv episodes

November 30, 2017 - 3:02am
adam.hughes's picture

Awesome news that you are looking into it.

For me the main thing is the metadata, it makes a whole lot of sense to manage the metadata in the plex server (its really good at it) and then the simply amazing playback ability (especially sound support and 4K) of the infuse player.
Then the ability to tie in with up next / watched status etc.
Then the ability to tie into the users filters/limitations

I also see that you are looking into music in infuse as well, so having the plex music library access would be nice as well, but only if easy.

November 30, 2017 - 3:43am
fsl2017's picture
Beta Tester

Hi,

I think basically it should be sorted out: Should this be predominantly a solution for the Apple TV or for the iOS devices. So the "wishes" my differ between those two.

So my wishes apply in the first place for the ATV and are all about to get out the best quality by using the Plex Meta data and included infrastructure (watched status and the different list like recently added, up next and so on). So just use the Plex library as a pointer to file and just play as currently implemented the file with internal player via SMB.

This would (in the first step) exclude things like transcoding, locak synching, trailers as available in plex.

Best regards,
Frank

November 30, 2017 - 5:57am
Miagi's picture
Beta Tester

This is the best news i have had in a long time Smile

+1 for watched status sync (it´s way better than using TRAKt)

+1 for using the PMS´s metadata (it´s really..really good, and also makes it a breeze having multiple players in sync (currently 3 ATV4, 3 ipads & 3 iphones)... it´s a current showstopper on infuse library, that I would need to build complete Library and changes on every single device)

+1 for using recently added, suggestion etc... but that is just iceing on the cake Smile

November 30, 2017 - 5:59am
foolala's picture
Kudos: 0

What i like in the Plex iOS App:

• Background sync of shows/movies. I select which shows/films i want to sync on my Plex Server and they will appear on the Plex iOS App ready for offline Playback (this works really well).
  • Playback status sync (watched, time remaining). However this doesn't work reliably if i am on the road.
  • Direct play if i am on the same network with my Plex server. In addition choose a transcoding option in case i am on the road and use a VPN.

What i really like in Infuse are the far superior playback controls and the quality of the app. In contrast the Plex iOS App is sometimes stuck while opening. Playback controls are very limited (when you come from Infuse Wink ). Volume and Volumeboost isn't working for me (most) times. Watched status (in app, i am not talking of the sync problems) isn't updated till the app is force-quit and relaunched in media overview.

If true there are rumours that the lead media player developer is laid off. Maybe there is an opportunity to "white label" Infuse and sell it to Plex or other kinds of cooperations. However i am more than willing to pay (again) for an Infuse app compatible with reliable Plex media sync and watched status sync.

With Plex and the media sync feature to iOS i found the perfect solution for my viewing habits. However the Plex iOS client is lacking in any other way especially if you are accustomed and "grown" with Infuse in combination with trakt. If you are able to pull this off i am happy to ditch the Plex iOS App so fast...

November 30, 2017 - 6:29am
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester

Also having the ability to choose a version of the movie as in Plex. I have more than one version of some films so that would be really useful. The idea of using Plex metadata would save space and time so definitely up for that. Maybe the ability to keep the collections in library? That’s one thing I do like in Infuse, maybe the ability to turn this off and on? Just an idea

November 30, 2017 - 6:40am
steve.waite's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 17

IMO, simply put, sign into PMS and offer up what the plex app does or some variation of, definitely a better utilization of the home screen.

December 1, 2017 - 1:55pm
DATA007's picture
Beta Tester

Hello,

I'm a new Infuse user, the best thing Infuse could do is to act as a Plex client just like it makes mrmc but with the graphics environment, codecs Infuse has... Firecore, would win many customers right now, Apple TV is one of the best 4k video players on the market, its new update when it is released 11.2 will allow the change of refreshment on TVs depending on the movie, many users want to switch to Apple TV, but with their greatest fear of moving their libraries from plex to infuse, the process is long and slow, even if DLNA is activated on the server is not the same. I have had nvidia shield envy and direct reproduction in the plex application, however the application of Plex in the appletv transcodes and does not support 4k videos with MKV container.
My suggestion would be Infuse environment as a plex client, if I had to pay for a new infuse application, I would pay for it, and so many more users I think.
In the forums of about 600 people we are, they with that option would lead Infuse with their eyes closed.

Sorry for my translation, I'm from Spain.

A greeting,

December 1, 2017 - 3:34pm
Bevanpfc's picture
Beta Tester

I should imagine this will get implemented on the next major update to infuse (infuse 6???)
Which I’m more than happy to pay for again if they add the plex support.

December 1, 2017 - 5:12pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We've started looking into this, and have tentatively scheduled the initial implementation to be included in the upcoming 5.7 update, which will likely be out in early 2018. (see roadmap here https://firecore.com/forum/topic/13575)

This is still somewhat subject to change of course, but rest assured the wheels are in motion.

Cheers! Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

December 1, 2017 - 5:53pm
Bevanpfc's picture
Beta Tester
  james wrote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We've started looking into this, and have tentatively scheduled the initial implementation to be included in the upcoming 5.7 update, which will likely be out in early 2018. (see roadmap here https://firecore.com/forum/topic/13575)

This is still somewhat subject to change of course, but rest assured the wheels are in motion.

Cheers! Smile

Excellent news ! Thanks for the update !

December 2, 2017 - 8:09am
DATA007's picture
Beta Tester

Great news, friends asking for apple tv 4k for Christmas!!

December 2, 2017 - 8:27am
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester

That’s amazing news!!

Thank you @james I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

December 2, 2017 - 9:35am
FranknStein7's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 22

This is awesome news James! This will make the Apple TV a near perfect device for Plex users and HT enthusiasts!

December 4, 2017 - 8:27am
devilsown's picture
Beta Tester
  Hoosier317 wrote:

Just the ability to use Infuse as a Plex client would be absolutely stellar. Having each of my Plex libraries show up as “favorites” in Infuse, ideally.

I want to use my Plex Media Server to manage and organize my library. I just want Infuse to serve as a very capable client.

+1

December 5, 2017 - 5:13am
motaboy's picture
Beta Tester

Hi,

It is very good that you are planning to add PLEX support.

Main feature should be included is the Plex library support. The PLEX is much better at fetching metadata, and it is quite easier that no need to wait on Infuse startup, it would just pull Plex library qucikly but would use the good old Infuse player. Infuse player is much more better in playing the movies. It can quickly add subtitle or download if not present, Audio selection is quite instant.

My only request is to add the Plex library support, but Infuse would still play the file directly from the storage without plex, or plex transcode. Just add plex library support and make it possible that Infuse keep watch history in accordance with Plex.

Earlier you mentioned that in future TVOS releases it is possible to fetch metadata in standby, but it is still not present and by current fetching it is quite slow to begin watching a new video which was not in the library earlier.

December 7, 2017 - 10:35pm
ShaGe's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5

Would be GREAT if your “Watching” section synced with Plex’s “On Deck”. This kind of works right now with Trakt but only if you start watching something in Infuse. For example, if I’m watching a series in Plex it will automatically put the next episode in On Deck after I finish one. Would love for Infuse to pull this info in from Plex

December 20, 2017 - 3:43am
robwired's picture

I’m both a Plex lifetime user and an Infuse user. I’m curious if the upcoming Plex sign in will work with Plex Cloud?

December 20, 2017 - 3:49am
robwired's picture

Also, Is there any plan for Infuse to create a server app or just store the Infuse DB along with the Cloud shares, for example in the OneDrive share so that each user in my family doesn’t have to build and rebuild the dB? Or maybe make an Infuse version of Plex Cloud?