17 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 21, 2016 - 1:42pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 381

Is Infuse 4 Pro going to continue to be supported, issues fixed, and updated?

Is there an upgrade path for those that paid for 4 Pro to go to 5 Pro?

November 21, 2016 - 2:14pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,190

A number of fixes have been released for v4 over the past few weeks that ensure things work to work well with iOS/tvOS 10. Infuse 5 is a paid upgrade, though updating is not necessarily required as we're leaving Infuse 4 in a good working state.

More info here. https://firecore.com/releases

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 21, 2016 - 2:21pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  james wrote:

A number of fixes have been released for v4 over the past few weeks that ensure things work to work well with iOS/tvOS 10. Infuse 5 is a paid upgrade, though updating is not necessarily required as we're leaving Infuse 4 in a good working state.

More info here. https://firecore.com/releases

Okay, so is there a discounted path for those of us that paid for 4 Pro to go to the 5 Pro?

Will the known issues with 4 that aren't fixed with the current release or are generated by the current release be fixed?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

November 21, 2016 - 2:23pm
james's picture
Staff
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Okay, so is there a discounted path for those of us that paid for 4 Pro to go to the 5 Pro?

Will the known issues with 4 that aren't fixed with the current release or are generated by the current release be fixed?

There is not an upgrade path from v4, unfortunately. This is mainly due to App Store limitations.

November 21, 2016 - 2:25pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  james wrote:

There is not an upgrade path from v4, unfortunately. This is mainly due to App Store limitations.

November 21, 2016 - 2:36pm
james's picture
Staff
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Was there a specific issue you were referring to? A number of fixes for v4 have gone out in the past few weeks, and many more improvements are included in today's 5.0 release (the full list can be seen in the link posted above).

If you're asking whether or not the improvements included in v5 will be back ported to v4, the answer is probably not.

November 21, 2016 - 2:56pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  james wrote:

Was there a specific issue you were referring to? A number of fixes for v4 have gone out in the past few weeks, and many more improvements are included in today's 5.0 release (the full list can be seen in the link posted above).

If you're asking whether or not the improvements included in v5 will be back ported to v4, the answer is probably not.

The first issue that comes to mind is the problem of the text you enter being nearly invisible on the edit metadata screen when searching for the show title when in the dark mode.

And no, I'm not asking for you to bring 4 pro up to 5 pro features, only that you fix the issues that have been discussed here on 4. Not future enhancements.

November 21, 2016 - 11:13pm
Nomad's picture
Kudos: 6

... search bar and fast alphabetic scrolling are basic iOS functions that ought to have been built into Pro4 long ago. We asked and asked. Now with the launch of Pro5 it kinda feels like you've been holding out on us. Please reconsider your position. Let the selling points of Pro 5 be support for new "premium" features and not the continuing promise of a search bar someday. Lets end it on a high note.

Further: Many months ago I turned to nPlayer for multitasking/split-view/pip. Multitasking does feel like a standard iOS function now... so finding it difficult to justify buying Pro 5 now for this even. I support and prefer Infuse for its visually pleasing UI, but you're lagging behind nPlayer and competition in many other important areas, which means I can't rely on iOS Infuse much of the time. Not convinced on buying Pro5 yet.

Attachments: 
  November 22, 2016 - 6:48am
hasek53's picture
Kudos: 0

most important, is the micro stuttering solved with infuse 5?

November 22, 2016 - 1:18pm
Tristangrichard's picture
Kudos: 1

I just bought Infuse 4 pro 2 weeks ago!! And now I have to pay even more for a "feature update"?! I mean will I have to pay for 6, 7, 8 ....?

November 22, 2016 - 1:22pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  Tristangrichard wrote:

I just bought Infuse 4 pro 2 weeks ago!! And now I have to pay even more for a "feature update"?! I mean will I have to pay for 6, 7, 8 ....?

Read the top tacked thread it has all of the info you're looking for.

https://firecore.com/forum/topic/16168

November 22, 2016 - 2:19pm
Tristangrichard's picture
Kudos: 1

Awesome! This is much appreciated!

November 22, 2016 - 8:40pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  james wrote:

To answer your question again:

The first issue that comes to mind is the problem of the text you enter being nearly invisible on the edit metadata screen when searching for the show title when in the dark mode.

And no, I'm not asking for you to bring 4 pro up to 5 pro features, only that you fix the issues that have been discussed here on 4. Not future enhancements.

November 24, 2016 - 9:09pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

To answer your question again:

And a bump to see if there is an answer.

November 27, 2016 - 9:07pm
NC Bullseye's picture

James, can you at least acknowledge that you've seen this issue regarding fixing bugs in 4Pro and what is being done?

November 28, 2016 - 10:26am
james's picture
Staff
  NC Bullseye wrote:

James, can you at least acknowledge that you've seen this issue regarding fixing bugs in 4Pro and what is being done?

Unfortunately we don't have any further improvements for v4 planned at this time. v5 has switched to using Apple's native Dark Mode for tvOS 10, so back porting this to v4 simply isn't doable.

November 28, 2016 - 12:38pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  james wrote:

Unfortunately we don't have any further improvements for v4 planned at this time. v5 has switched to using Apple's native Dark Mode for tvOS 10, so back porting this to v4 simply isn't doable.

So 4 Pro is officially an unsupported app for errors in software. That leaves few options.