AirPlay crash infuse

Hi,

I’m using a Yamaha WXA-50 (http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/wireless_streaming_amplifiers/wxa-50_u/) as AirPlay receiver. Every time I want to output the audio through AirPlay Infuse crashes. I’ve tried several files with different codecs and sources (local, webdav, etc…).

Could you please fix this ?

Thanks.

Sorry about that. There is a similar issue we are currently looking into.

If you have a chance to send in a note from within the Infuse app, it may help us track down what’s going on. More info on doing this can be found here. Troubleshooting and Getting Support – Firecore

Ive sent you a bug report from the app. Please fix it quickly as you advertise that it works.

Hi,

Any update ? I paid for this functionality!!

Hi,

Still no news ? How about refunding me then ?

This should be resolved in today’s 5.3 update.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Still not working… thanks for the false hope :frowning:

Hi.

Not the exact same thing but very much related.

I can now use an Airplay audio receiver with Infuse Pro 5.3.
In my case it is just an Apple Airport Express with a stereo connected to it.

Before that (I had not tested for a while), I had no video on the iPad when trying to output audio via the Airport Express.

I am quite happy about that :slight_smile:

This is still not working, I’ve still not been refund so overall this is still a BIG SCAM !

Unfortunately we haven’t been able to replicate the issue here. :frowning:

The issue is likely related to the AirPlay integration on your receiver. Officially, Infuse only supports streaming via AirPlay to Apple TV, and via Google Cast to Chromecast and Nexus Player.

lol. Airplay is a protocol. It’s following a standard… But if you want proof, why ALL the others apps I ever used are working fine with my amplifier ? It’s easy to blame the hardware, more difficult to actually fix the code heh ?

And actually, Infuse is working fine with Airplay and my amplifier when the content is local! It’s when I stream from remote sources (webdav, ftp, google drive…) that Infuse crashes !

Just curious, which is it?

In your original post you said that regardless of location of source remote or local airplay would crash and now you’re saying that it works fine with local sources.

In trouble shooting any problem, any input that can help cut down the possible sources of the problem go a long way in helping solve those issues. If you misspoke in the first post and it worked locally and still does then that may be a clue. If it’s changed since your first post then that could indicate a totally different problem.

It was crashing with all sources when I first posted but since an upgrade (don’t know which one specifically) it’s only with remote sources. I’ve mentioned that in the bug reports I’ve sent through the App. I’m posting again in this thread because I didn’t have any update following those bug reports.

But I understand the confusion if you’re not working for Firecore and do not have access to the bug reports.

lol. Airplay is a protocol. It’s following a standard… But if you want proof, why ALL the others apps I ever used are working fine with my amplifier ? It’s easy to blame the hardware, more difficult to actually fix the code heh ?
I agree that Airplay is a protocol - but as far as I know it is not a standard in the normal sense as it is private to Apple and they do not license the server end of the link so others are having to reverse engineer it.

Having said that it does seem strange that InFuse can be crashed in this way so I would think FireCore should want to understand why the crash occurs.

I guess the problem might be if it is in Apple supplied code as Apple may decide it is not their problem if AirPlay is working fine with Apple devices.

I’m highly doubting that Apple let all the brands like Yamaha reverse engineer anything… They enrol the the MFi program and that’s it. Anyway my amplifier is certified as an Airplay receiver and Infuse is the only app I’m having an issue with.

But ok let’s say my amplifier is faulty. I’ve downloaded AirServer (which creates an Airplay server on your OSX), tried to stream local content, it worked. Tried to stream content from Google Drive, it didn’t work.

I’m only asking Firecore to deliver the features they are advertising. I don’t see the big deal.

I’ve also tried with shairplay installed on a RPi, same issue. I’m quite curious to see if it’s actually working on a AppleTV…

If this behavior has changed in a recent update (some files are working where they weren’t working before) it might be helpful to send in a new report from your device.