3 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 20, 2009 - 1:36pm
fschaeffer's picture
Kudos: 0

Have just imported several MPG movies from my Sony HD camcorder into my NAS.

In this NAS, I have a share folder and 2 sub-folders, named Movies (movies downloaded from the Internet and are mainly .AVI) and this newly created Camcorder Movies (which are all .MPG)

In XBMC, I created a new source by pointing to this newly created subfolder. The other Movies subfolder I have been using to watch movies without any problems.

When I browse this Camcorder Movies subfolder on my iMac, I see all 154 MPG movies and I can watch then with VLC.

But on XBMC, when I select this source, it brings only one file which is not even seen on my iMac and when I try to exit using the Menu button in the remote, XBMC returns an error message with status 11.

Any clues?

March 3, 2011 - 11:16pm
oudinmelanie09's picture

The video codec that XBMC supports are MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.
If you would like to view your video files in XBMC Media Player, the best way is converting your video to one of its supportable video format listed above, like MPEG-1, or MPEG-2. As for XBMC Video Converter, I recommend Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac which has a perfect performance in encoding various formats of video, like AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, TiVo to MPEG for XBMC Media Player.
http://www.aunsoft.com/convert-avchd-mts-m2ts-to-mpeg-for-xbmc-media-center/
Enjoy your video.

October 20, 2015 - 6:36am
angiepuller's picture

MPG is not a support format of XBMC. You had better convert MPG to XBMC MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) with a tool. You can use XLD on Mac and Super on Windows. If you need an easy and quick guide to get started, find Cicever XBMC to MP4 Converter. It features to decode MPG to XBMC format. Hope it is useful for you.