99 posts / 0 new / Last post
  April 17, 2019 - 1:20am
CompArtifact's picture
Kudos: 6
  philml wrote:

Easiest option would be to ignore anything in the following folders, within each movie folder:

Behind The Scenes
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Interviews
Scenes
Shorts
Trailers
Others

(from https://support.plex.tv/articles/200220677-loc...)

That's the minimum so they don't interfere with the main listings. Better still would be to show them in their own section by each movie, but granted that's more development.

+1. I completely agree.

April 17, 2019 - 5:15am
lyskamm's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 13

+1 I agree

If support for Extras is not coming soon, please at least ignore the sub folders and don’t force us to move them.

April 17, 2019 - 11:23am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115

Thanks everyone.

We're going to look into what options we have here. The implementation may come in two phases. First would be ignoring videos like these during indexing, and the second would be being able to view a list of extras from the video details page.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

April 17, 2019 - 11:34am
PHiLiPZ's picture
Kudos: 4

Thank you james.

I'm especially thankful for the decision to split this issue into a problem fix (asap) and new feature (tba).

April 17, 2019 - 11:47am
philml's picture
Kudos: 1

Thanks!

April 17, 2019 - 12:45pm
Rory1's picture
Kudos: 3

Thank you James. Just getting an update that it’s on the radar and hopefully getting some movement helps greatly.

April 17, 2019 - 12:56pm
Macy's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5
  james wrote:

Thanks everyone.

... and the second would be being able to view a list of extras from the video details page.

Outstanding!

April 17, 2019 - 10:25pm
EricTheRed's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

+1 yes, and enable pre-roll videos.

I'd love to see more plex features added.

April 24, 2019 - 1:30am
waltermorel's picture
Kudos: 8

I am now using Plex with a lifetime Pass membership which has a new enhanced player (4k directplay) and also all trailers and extra
I am so disappointed infuse was not able to add these extra.
Goodbye Infuse !

April 24, 2019 - 2:00am
PHiLiPZ's picture
  waltermorel wrote:

I am now using Plex with a lifetime Pass membership which has a new enhanced player (4k directplay) and also all trailers and extra
I am so disappointed infuse was not able to add these extra.
Goodbye Infuse !

your lifetime Plex membership is $150 and needs (unless they changed it) a Plex media server to work so no movies on holiday or during commuting
Infuse otoh works on its own and can also access media servers
the library functionality can be and is continuously being improved, developers respond to issues and fix them, all that's needed is communication and some patience

April 24, 2019 - 2:55am
waltermorel's picture
  PHiLiPZ wrote:

your lifetime Plex membership is $150 and needs (unless they changed it) a Plex media server to work so no movies on holiday or during commuting
Infuse otoh works on its own and can also access media servers
the library functionality can be and is continuously being improved, developers respond to issues and fix them, all that's needed is communication and some patience

With Plex Pass, you can individually allow to Sync media to mobile clients.
Also, this request for trailers and extra has been discussed for at least 2 years

April 24, 2019 - 2:53am
PHiLiPZ's picture

I agree it takes them very long. I only discovered the problem recently after I updated to version 6, posted it as an issue, was sent here by a moderator and discovered it hasn't been looked at for almost two years. I then contacted james who looked into the issue and promised they'd fix my issues with unwanted featurettes displayed and also add support for these extras. I can understand how such issue will be left unnoticed, there are very many threads with suggestions. But after I contacted him he did take the time and tried to help the best he could. So I still believe proper communication could have this solved months ago.

April 26, 2019 - 5:53pm
wongnog's picture
Kudos: 0

So glad to finally hear some development on this topic. Will be watching this thread with bated breath!

May 24, 2019 - 9:49am
PHiLiPZ's picture

Hi james, could you share any background information from development, how’s the implementation of the first phase going?

June 27, 2019 - 10:38am
james's picture
Staff

This is currently in progress, and we expect to have it available soon in one of the 6.1.x updates.

Thanks for your patience.

June 27, 2019 - 12:43pm
T'hain Esh Kelch's picture
Translator
Kudos: 2

Huzzah! Yay! Grin Time to finally ditch the Plex client for good!

June 27, 2019 - 12:48pm
waltermorel's picture

I am really please with this. Goodbye Plex !

June 27, 2019 - 1:25pm
PHiLiPZ's picture

We currently have version 6.0.8. How many 6.0.x versions are planned? 6.1.x might be just around the corner or a couple months away. I’m pleased that the feature is planned but knowing how easy the basic implementation is I really hoped we’d see it sooner than later.

June 27, 2019 - 2:16pm
james's picture
Staff
  PHiLiPZ wrote:

We currently have version 6.0.8. How many 6.0.x versions are planned? 6.1.x might be just around the corner or a couple months away. I’m pleased that the feature is planned but knowing how easy the basic implementation is I really hoped we’d see it sooner than later.

We're submitting 6.1 to Apple this week.

We have lots of balls in the air right now, but we hope to have this available relatively soon. Smile

June 27, 2019 - 2:25pm
JayV84's picture
Kudos: 1

Can’t wait 😃 keep up the good work! Love Infuse

June 29, 2019 - 3:37am
Macy's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5

It's not clear to me what support is planned for Plex Extras (the files put into the Plex specified folders named Deleted Scenes, Featurettes, Behind the Scenes, etc.). Are we ever going to see and be able to select those Extras from the movie startup screen we get when we select a movie?

The lack of this feature is what keeps me using the Plex client. There is no way to access those Extras after selecting the parent movie within InFuse. This is not Collections. It's the Extras that come with movies.

July 2, 2019 - 7:55pm
PHiLiPZ's picture

6.1 was released!

Changelog includes Plex collections. Looking forward to test it a bit.

July 2, 2019 - 8:42pm
Rory1's picture

Dumb question time. How exactly does Plex Collections work?

July 2, 2019 - 9:44pm
PHiLiPZ's picture

I deleted my metadata and let it index from scratch. Didn’t have the time to do the whole library but so far I can say the files in Featurettes directories (in my library they have the .nomedia flag) do not interfere with normal movies (few exceptions but maybe the .nomedia is missing there). Once I get back from work I’ll look into it a bit more. That would be what was promised for the first part. Second would add featurettes to movies but that was planned for later so I don’t expect it just yet.

I just noticed that in the library of al movies there are collections instead of single movies. I noticed Blade runner collection, Bridget Jones collection, Deadpool collection. That’s probably what’s meant with collections and the nice featurettes removal from main movies is a bonus. Thank you developers!

July 4, 2019 - 12:51pm
elchupete's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 78
  Rory1 wrote:

Dumb question time. How exactly does Plex Collections work?

Afaik
For now Plex Collections are taken over to Infuse Library and can be browsed via Infuse Library. Direct integration i.e. adding Plex Collections to favorites is planned for a later release

July 4, 2019 - 12:58pm
PHiLiPZ's picture

Featurettes - don’t know what was changed, a lot of featurettes are now recognized as other (not a movie, not a series). It works at around 50% with my collection. Could someone please explain what was changed? Thanks.

July 4, 2019 - 1:24pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 359
  PHiLiPZ wrote:

Featurettes - don’t know what was changed, a lot of featurettes are now recognized as other (not a movie, not a series). It works at around 50% with my collection. Could someone please explain what was changed? Thanks.

You may have read the upcoming features list wrong, the "Automatic filtering of movie extras in Library" feature isn't out yet and is scheduled for one of the 6.1."X" releases like 6.1.1 or 6.1.5 or 6.1.9 etc.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

July 5, 2019 - 1:46pm
james's picture
Staff

We've submitted 6.1.1 to Apple, which includes filtering for extras and other non-movie/show items.

1. Support Kodi's '.nomedia' file. If present in a folder, Infuse would not index videos in that folder.
  2. Ignore folders named 'extras' as documented by Kodi. https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
  3. Ignore files and folders that follow Plex's naming schemes. https://support.plex.tv/articles/200220677-loc...

July 8, 2019 - 8:38am
james's picture
Staff

6.1.1 is now available on the App Store. Smile

July 8, 2019 - 2:25pm
ice pube's picture
Beta Tester
  james wrote:

6.1.1 is now available on the App Store. Smile

Very much appreciated.