48 posts / 0 new / Last post
  June 27, 2018 - 9:39am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 241
  cchbrown032318 wrote:

Yes you’re right now that I pay attention to it. However it seems to take a long time compared to opening the Plex app, where the updates seem to pop up within a few seconds. Both apps must have the same OS restrictions. Is there something that can be done with the new Plex integration to speed up the process?

You have to remember that Plex is not just an iOS app, it's for the lack of a better analogy, the display for the application that is running on the PMS computer. The PMS does all the updating and heavy lifting even while the tvOS or iOS apps are off. Then when it's called on it merely feeds the app the information. Infuse has to do both jobs and is restricted to doing it only while active (and a very short time after close).

We're at the mercy of Apple until they relax the limitations on which apps can use the update in the background feature so Infuse can use that tool.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 27, 2018 - 9:46am
cchbrown032318's picture
Plex Tester
Kudos: 0
  NC Bullseye wrote:

You have to remember that Plex is not just an iOS app, it's for the lack of a better analogy, the display for the application that is running on the PMS computer. The PMS does all the updating and heavy lifting even while the tvOS or iOS apps are off. Then when it's called on it merely feeds the app the information. Infuse has to do both jobs and is restricted to doing it only while active (and a very short time after close).

We're at the mercy of Apple until they relax the limitations on which apps can use the update in the background feature so Infuse can use that tool.

I see, thanks for the explanation!

June 29, 2018 - 6:02am
timstephens24's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 102

Nevermind

Apple TV 4K --> Denon X6500H 7.1.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
======== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 ========
iPhone XS Max ||| iPad Pro 10.5

July 1, 2018 - 8:30pm
Arsenal's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1
  NC Bullseye wrote:

I was under the impression that as of 5.7 the Plex support in Infuse worked the same way as any other Plex Client, in that the PMS was the master copy and Infuse was just displaying a front end to it? If not, why not - I don't see any advantage to Infuse maintaining it's own database when i already have a Plex server for that, and the long delay waiting for the library to update after opening the app is a clear disadvantage?

July 4, 2018 - 2:12pm
SOROS's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 3

This would greatly improve the experience of using infuse. no m ore waiting for the library to update to view newly added content.

July 8, 2018 - 5:43am
KSCM's picture
Plex Tester

Hello everyone,

I just installed MrMC on my Apple TV4 with connection to PLEX. I really love the speed of updating view indicator information and adding / removing movies and series in the database. I really love INFUSE but the update of the base is really a problem. If INFUSE while connecting with PLEX could simply read the info from the PLEX database (just like MrMC) without updating its internal database, it would be really great.

I hope that a future version will achieve this result.

July 10, 2018 - 6:29pm
DMcWetty's picture
Beta Tester

I love this idea and I agree it's a major annoyance. Especially as my library grows to over 800 films.

I know Plex has this capability, but it's only fetching the updated list from the Media Server utility that lives on my Synology so it's not quite the same. Maybe Infuse could tap into that data if Infuse is connected via Plex?

July 19, 2018 - 2:58am
cecemf's picture
Kudos: 6

+1

Mac OS X 10.13 + Mac Mini 2012 iCore5 2.5ghz, 16 Go, SSD drive + iPhone 7 + iPad Air 2 + Apple Watch Series 2 + NVIDIA Shield + Apple TV 4K + LG OLED C7 55"

July 25, 2018 - 5:59am
lyskamm's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 11
  DMcWetty wrote:

II know Plex has this capability, but it's only fetching the updated list from the Media Server utility that lives on my Synology so it's not quite the same. Maybe Infuse could tap into that data if Infuse is connected via Plex?

Infuse Plex integration is already doing exactly this.
Still the library update is somewhat slower then using the Plex native app.
Maybe there is some “trick” to speed up the process that only Plex knows...

September 5, 2018 - 6:15pm
shpankey's picture

+1,000

September 20, 2018 - 3:03am
inariel's picture
Plex Tester
Kudos: 6

I would use this thread to add another piece to this discussion: the top shelf.
The Plex app is able to update it even if we don’t open the app itself.
So if I start to see a film in my launch room, and I stop it to go to the bed room, when the ATV switches on in my bedroom just selecting plex icon I can see the film as in progress.
Plex is the only app that does that: Emby, MrMC and Infuse rely to an update of the app before updating the top shelf content. Probably this a point that could investigated to improve the usability of the app without a complete refresh of the db. (It is just ami idea I don’t know technical details)

September 30, 2018 - 4:48am
joro_abv's picture
Kudos: 2
  inariel wrote:

I would use this thread to add another piece to this discussion: the top shelf.
The Plex app is able to update it even if we don’t open the app itself.
So if I start to see a film in my launch room, and I stop it to go to the bed room, when the ATV switches on in my bedroom just selecting plex icon I can see the film as in progress.
Plex is the only app that does that: Emby, MrMC and Infuse rely to an update of the app before updating the top shelf content. Probably this a point that could investigated to improve the usability of the app without a complete refresh of the db. (It is just ami idea I don’t know technical details)

Updating library in the background would eventually solve this too, I guess.

October 2, 2018 - 5:25am
Plague12345's picture

+1 for background updates!

October 26, 2018 - 5:38am
joro_abv's picture

Almost tops the 'likes' list, yet - don't see it on the roadmap ... weird.

October 28, 2018 - 1:40am
Explosive's picture
Beta Tester

+1

November 6, 2018 - 2:59am
gpdl67's picture

+1

November 8, 2018 - 2:37am
hot22shot's picture
Beta Tester

+1, I have a library with +900 film and +17000 tv episodes.
It takes more than 10 minutes for an update !

Edit : fireCore just released a new beta version of infuse 5.9 who dropped update time drastically for me :
PMS: Faster and more efficient incremental library updates in response to notifications from Plex
PMS: Continuous indexing with state saving for better handling of some larger Plex shares