176 posts / 0 new / Last post
  March 8, 2018 - 7:27am
AppleTVuser2018's picture
Kudos: 1

+1
Would be super interested Vs my current setup of Hue TV + filming the screen and sucking battery of my iPhone...

March 20, 2018 - 5:02pm
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 31

+1. Philips introduced the Philips Hue Entertainment program earlier this year. I hope Apple will implement this is their Apple TV’s. Those are HomeKit devices too. I can only imagine how cool this would be in my living room. I have 6 bulbs and three light strips there. Would be awesome!

May 11, 2018 - 11:34am
arno93's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 0

Iptv and hue would be the best for me
Up +1

May 23, 2018 - 2:42am
stimpy88's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 19

Holy ignored thread FireCore!

This is an interesting idea, and would bring a much more unique and immersive movie watching experience, and to be honest, ignoring multiple customer requests is just rude.

AppleTV 4K - tvOS 13 Beta - Sony KDL-55W905A 240Hz QLED 1080p HDTV - Pioneer SC-LX87 Receiver - QNAP TS-251 NAS with QTS v4.3.4 40TB via NFS - Synology DS109+ NAS with DSM v4.2 4TB via NFS - 110Mb/s symmetric fibre Internet connection

May 23, 2018 - 2:46am
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester

James, is this feature coming?

May 31, 2018 - 3:55pm
dont_use032318's picture

I wanna add a +1 for this request. Philips released a Hue Sync App for Mac today which works great. There is also an Open source release on github called huestacean.
Please add support for Hue Entertainment in Infuse for TVOS.

May 31, 2018 - 4:18pm
lucasmacedo's picture

Also tested Hue Sync and it works like a charm.

It would be really great if James could add his thoughts to this discussion. Smile

May 31, 2018 - 9:04pm
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester

This feature in the Infuse app will set the bar for all other competitors in the field. It would be great if Firecore can implement this.

June 1, 2018 - 12:44am
IGI2's picture
Kudos: 61

Yeah!

Philips Hue works great but Infuse could be more universal and simply work with HomeKit.

If you're an Apple user you probably already have your Philips Hue connected to the HomeKit via Philips Hue Bridge.

June 1, 2018 - 2:56am
Pensive's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 6

+1 for Hue Entertainment support (see Hue Sync app available for Window and MacOS https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/entertainment/h...). I tested this last night and it's great!! Except I'm never going to get any of my laptops to play 4k movies properly.

It would make sense for people interested in homekit support to start a new suggestion thread as it's a whole different ball game. When Hue Entertainemnt comes to apple TV it will need to be integrated into the OS - not through Homekit. Homekit is not designed to be a realtime visual performance engine, and Hue Entertainment is not accessed through the homekit approved methods.

Philips have done amazing things to speed up the comms to react fast enough over the zigbee bus. IMHO it will only be accessible through the Hue Entertainment API directly interfacing at high bandwidth with the Hue hub - at least for the foreseeable future. We're at the bleeding edge here and there's a stable, released and supported direct API exposed for it. Why muddy the waters and try and get Apple on board as well? That's going to take years. I hope I'm wrong but I bet im not.

June 1, 2018 - 2:28pm
DMcWetty's picture
Beta Tester

So Hue Sync was just released. I have it setup to control a Lightstrip plus around my office desk and it's pretty amazing. My first thought was, "I wish Infuse Pro had this"... Unfortunetly, it's only Mac and Windows right now.

Would it be possible to use the EDK to integrate Hue Sync control to coincide with my Lightstrip around my TV? Seems there's quite a bit of interest over at the Plex Forums.

"using the new "Hue Sync" app ( https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/entertainment/h... ) from Philips... the caveat being that it's only available for macOS and Windows at the moment. However the entertainment api is open and could be built into plex players. The new Entertainment Development Kit (EDK) allows for bulbs to change colour 25 times a second!! Perfect for syncronising with media! Information about it can be found here: https://developers.meethue.com/entertainment-blog"

June 1, 2018 - 2:58pm
Kribban's picture

Since there’s support in Plex server for hue to dimm out lights when starting a movie, I wonder if it will work when infuse is using the Plex server? I would be satisfied if the lights go out during movie watching and on again when movies is paused/stopped.

Best Regards Kribban

Just another movie lover

June 1, 2018 - 5:17pm
NikG's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37
  Kribban wrote:

Since there’s support in Plex server for hue to dimm out lights when starting a movie, I wonder if it will work when infuse is using the Plex server? I would be satisfied if the lights go out during movie watching and on again when movies is paused/stopped.

Best Regards Kribban

Yup the Plex hue plugin works I use it everyday, only one small infuse issue is if you set the hue plugin to turn off lights when watching a movie but then every time you want to fast forward or rewind the lights will turn on, which is annoying, but will turn off again when playback starts, this issue doesn’t happen in the Plex app, otherwise everything else works great.

June 2, 2018 - 12:21am
Pensive's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 6

Worth mentioning that the existing Plex plugin doth butter no parsnips with me -

Simply changing the light scene is not the function suggested in this thread. I wouldn’t actually want that to happen myself for example.

This thread is about hue entertainment, which uses your hue lights as an ambilight - and currently cannot be achieved via a Plex plugin - and looking on the Plex forum - their plugin architecture simply doesn’t expose enough information to achieve it either.

It would have to be custom coded in house so based on the quality of plex 4k support right now could take years.

It would be another massive feather in the formidable cap of the infuse team Grin

June 2, 2018 - 1:58am
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester

James,

Philips said to me via Twitter that their API is available for developers!

Attachments: 
  June 6, 2018 - 9:39am
Plasma's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 17

+1 for me on this feature, I just started a new thread but i’ll go delete it seeing as it’s all in here.

Plasma

iPhone XS, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, Apple Watch (44mm and 38mm), Apple TV 4K, Apple TV2, iPad Pro, 2 x iPad Mini 3, 2016 MacBook Pro w/touch bar, 2014 iMac. QNAP TS-431XeU, Unifi USG, UCK 2+, UVC-G3 x 6.

June 6, 2018 - 3:12pm
SoCalSean's picture
Kudos: 26

James and the rest of the Infuse team are doing an amazing job already. I personally love the Hue Sync feature that was just released for Windows and Mac. I almost feel this request should directly be made to Philips Hue to extend their "ambilight like" Hue Sync feature to Apple TVOS so we can have a proper system wide support for this feature as apposed to have a plug-in added to infuse which could have a series of compatibility issues and or bugs to go with it which could be crushed by the original developer them selves when it is their own app to keep focused on and put the proper amount of coding man power for it.

1st Party Support > 3rd Party Support

June 6, 2018 - 3:19pm
Plasma's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 17
  SoCalSean wrote:

James and the rest of the Infuse team are doing an amazing job already. I personally love the Hue Sync feature that was just released for Windows and Mac. I almost feel this request should directly be made to Philips Hue to extend their "ambilight like" Hue Sync feature to Apple TVOS so we can have a proper system wide support for this feature as apposed to have a plug-in added to infuse which could have a series of compatibility issues and or bugs to go with it which could be crushed by the original developer them selves when it is their own app to keep focused on and put the proper amount of coding man power for it.

1st Party Support > 3rd Party Support

As a developer I can tell you system wide support can only be added by Apple and not Philips. The way the app sandboxing works would prevent the various apps talking to each other. It will have to be implemented by Infuse if we are to have the features.

Plasma

iPhone XS, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, Apple Watch (44mm and 38mm), Apple TV 4K, Apple TV2, iPad Pro, 2 x iPad Mini 3, 2016 MacBook Pro w/touch bar, 2014 iMac. QNAP TS-431XeU, Unifi USG, UCK 2+, UVC-G3 x 6.

June 6, 2018 - 4:41pm
SoCalSean's picture
Kudos: 26
  Plasma wrote:

As a developer I can tell you system wide support can only be added by Apple and not Philips. The way the app sandboxing works would prevent the various apps talking to each other. It will have to be implemented by Infuse if we are to have the features.

Plasma

I appreciate the insight. In that case, I second the idea of the plug-in support. My entertainment room is entirely powered by Philips Hue lights. This would be a true treat of an add on! Cheers!

June 6, 2018 - 8:54pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 120

Hue Sync support would be awesome. Would also like to see HomeKit support added for the other items in my room that aren't hue compatible.

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

July 1, 2018 - 5:27pm
michaelbrawn's picture

Hey FireCore!
I’m also a Hue user and would love this feature.

July 2, 2018 - 4:29am
Burve's picture
Kudos: 7

Hue lights support would be awesome, I hope I am mistaken, but from what I know everyone promised it, but so far only usable solution is with phone camera Frown or Desktop option, that works fine. So having proper support would be really good

July 2, 2018 - 11:12am
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester

There is an API available for developers to use for free. Is Infuse taking advantage of this?

July 5, 2018 - 12:01am
Hitsville's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

Yeah this has been a thing in MrMC on the ATV (and Shield) for a while and it works spectacularly well.
It would be great to have this in Infuse also.

July 12, 2018 - 5:52pm
slorenzo's picture

+1 to this request.

July 13, 2018 - 9:12am
Faramiru's picture

+1

July 16, 2018 - 4:42pm
Mars76's picture

+1

July 16, 2018 - 4:50pm
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester

@James, are there any plans to implement this feature? There is enough demand for it and would make watching movies with Infuse more immersive than ever.

July 18, 2018 - 11:33pm
Macs's picture

+1

July 19, 2018 - 3:01am
cecemf's picture
Kudos: 7

+1

Mac OS X 10.13 + Mac Mini 2012 iCore5 2.5ghz, 16 Go, SSD drive + iPhone 7 + iPad Air 2 + Apple Watch Series 2 + NVIDIA Shield + Apple TV 4K + LG OLED C7 55"