10 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  October 4, 2017 - 10:47am
fusionate's picture
Kudos: 2

There seems to be a bug in Infuse with folders that contain only 1 video file (even if it contains other files as well) on a network share. When browsing through the share, if you open the parent folder, then for every subfolder that contains only 1 video file, that folder will not show up and instead those video files show up in the parent folder.
Should be easy to reproduce.

October 4, 2017 - 12:10pm
remotevisitor's picture
Kudos: 37

The is a deliberate ‘feature’, not a bug.

This is to cater for people who put each movie into individual directories, the movie is automatically promoted up a level so you don’t have to go into each movie directory to play the movie

October 4, 2017 - 1:03pm
fusionate's picture

Why would anyone want to put every movie in a separate folder ?! This doesn't make much sense to me.
If I browse a network share, I kinda expect to recognize/see the folder structure of that share. I have a big collection of diverse videos that I organized in a specific way. Took me a while to realize that it were the one-file folders that were behaving weird.
I sure hope this becomes some toggle in the future, because right now it looks quite messy for my collection.

October 14, 2017 - 4:34pm
umzyi's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 3

Currently infuse is designed in a way that those folders which have more than file are sorted and shown on top as opposed to those folders which only have one file.
And those single file folders are not even recognised as a folder, instead shown as a movie.
I have been chasing this up for than a year to implement a true A-Z sores order but no luck so I have given up on it.

October 16, 2017 - 10:00am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,247
  umzyi wrote:

Currently infuse is designed in a way that those folders which have more than file are sorted and shown on top as opposed to those folders which only have one file.
And those single file folders are not even recognised as a folder, instead shown as a movie.
I have been chasing this up for than a year to implement a true A-Z sores order but no luck so I have given up on it.

This change is currently on our roadmap and planned for a 5.6.x update. Wink

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 2, 2017 - 5:00am
umzyi's picture
Beta Tester
  james wrote:

Thanks James - I hope it makes it way into 5.6.(1) release Wink

March 7, 2018 - 4:31pm
umzyi's picture
Beta Tester
  james wrote:

Oh well, 5.6.9 pushed out but nothing happened. No hopes!

April 30, 2018 - 1:58pm
Stephen9960's picture
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

James, is this still on your road map?

May 9, 2018 - 4:56am
fusionate's picture
  james wrote:

As others are pointing out as well: is it still on the roadmap ? We're already at 5.7.1 and there is still no way to just browse like a regular file system.

January 9, 2020 - 4:54am
fusionate's picture

Any updates to this 'feature' ? It was promised to be added a long time ago...